Who has the worst origin?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ThePittman

Soujaboy
The Hulk's has to be the worst

Basti0n
Firestorm in DC.

Caught in a Nuke explison and bonded with an older man? They gay undertones are kinda funny but other then that really stupid.

Soujaboy
Superman isn't great neither

ThePittman
Originally posted by Soujaboy
The Hulk's has to be the worst Don't think getting hit with a Gamma bomb compares to being cut out of your mother and having your father watch.

Soujaboy
Originally posted by ThePittman
Don't think getting hit with a Gamma bomb compares to being cut out of your mother and having your father watch.

Getting hit with a gamma bomb and then becoming the Strongest most powerful creature ever is kinda stupid?

General Kon-El
Superman isn't great neither mad

A.J
Originally posted by General Kon-El
mad I knew you was going to say that. no expression

General Kon-El
i didn't say anything shifty but i grew up watching smallville. And that's basically his origins, well in a tv type of way.

Superboy Prime
I thought the creator meant worst as in most terrible for the character?

Aka all the crap that happened to Vulcan and Kal-El's homeworld gettng blown up with him being the only survivor.

Scorpiom
What bout getting bit by a "radioactive" spider (cause there are lots of radioactive spiders around)

complexbrother
She Hulk was in a fatal accident, she needed a blood transfusion to live and the only one near her was her cousin (they didn't check his blood type ?) she got his blood and his curse, to turn into a uncontrolable monster (at least for the first couple of years) . hows that for terrable, to die or turn into a mindless beast.

MattDay
cyclops's sucks ass, he fell off his bike and bam melted it... wow

What If...
Thought it was cyclops was a plane crash?

I like jeans...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Martain Manhunter actually knew his people and race, and his wife and child. He lost all of them. And to boot, the only people left from his planet are those" other" martains, with whom his people were at war with. Now that sucks. Could you imagine being jewish, and having the entire world be extinc except for some Nazi war criminals? And then being on a different world where there are no Humans at all. And then those war criminals show up. OMG. That would suck.

who?-kid
Sentry is pretty bad. Make that awful.

bigbran
i think every knows who im thinking of... shifty

bigbran
and spider mans. i like the character, but, ouch a spider!!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
i think every knows who im thinking of... shifty

Just aweful. Seeing Both parents killed by another human being is the most tragic of all the "Human" characters.

Face
How bout Lobo

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Just aweful. Seeing Both parents killed by another human being is the most tragic of all the "Human" characters. huh?

galan7777777
how bout capt. america's former sidekick bucky? he's just crappy all around lol!

Tassadar
Daredevil. I like the character, but his origins suck. Toxc waste dropped on your face, making you blind, but giving you internal radar?

Grimm22
Originally posted by galan7777777
how bout capt. america's former sidekick bucky? he's just crappy all around lol!

Actually his origin got reconned yes

Cap never had a secret idenity in the military and Bucky was assigned as his partner rather than him finding out he was Cap our whatnot stick out tongue

manjaro

thedude1948
Mr. Immortal from the GLA has a pretty crappy origin, and of course The Punisher.

Thanos_THOTU
Hulk´s orgy sucks.

ThePittman
Originally posted by manjaro
you mean worst as in 'worst" or worst as in corny..

the corny would have to be everyone who is a copy of batman...why with both thier parents killed in one sweep..... night thrasher

but when it comes to worst it by far has to be nightcrawler by farrrrrrrr...imagine being thrown down a freaking water fall the same night you were born, just cuz birthpains distorted your mother's concentration and revealed her true self....and then boom she plagued him and his team with villany since he was a teenager only to have her on said team with him as an adult...and having to look at her every single day...yep..thats f ****ed up Damn, how could I forget about NG. wink

What If...
I think Storms is pretty bad in a sense of being the worst to expirience, not being corny.

your buried alive with your parents dead bodies next to you, leaving you to remember it everytime you are in a small space.

You are thne manipulated by the shadow king to be your thief *****, having to survive off what you steal.

Then you are adopted into an african trive where they convince you you are a god, and then only to find out you just have mutated genes
sad

Magnetos is pretty good too.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine's origins are pretty bad. He sees his father killed, his crazy mother blows her brain out, he is wanted for their deaths, his grandfather disowns him, his boss steals the women he loves and then Wolverine ends up killing her. That just isn't any fun at all. sad

Snake-eyes had it pretty ruff too. He was caught in an exploding helicopter while he tried to save Scarelt and horrible disfigured. After he completed his mission he was sent home only do find out his entire family died in a car crash on the way to the airport to pick him up.

rotiart
Worst Origin?? Akenatut... He was a king of his land... walked out into the desert one day, and was picked up by aliens.. who twisted his body for 2 thousand years and gave him powers up there with Eternity... Aliens.... gave an egyptian guy... abstract level powers.

Oh yah.. jean grey. oh wow... now you're the phoenix force.. you're a multiversal power... there were others before you.. but they died.. but you. you. you're a special 'ho. even if YOU die, you get to come back whenever you want. Noone else. just you. If fact, jean you're so special, you can even overpower the phoenix force itself. hows them for apples. huh. retconned from a beloved character, into a trashy ho.

grey fox
Originally posted by who?-kid
Sentry is pretty bad. Make that awful.

How , he took some unidentified liquid and drank it because he wanted to get high ?

Originally posted by Face
How bout Lobo

BLASPHEMER !!!

Lobo is frikken awesome , I mean he killed his entire race with his high school science project "I gave myself an A+ "

manorastroman
i'm still pretty unclear on sentry's origins. i know in that second new avengers arc, emma frost sees him drinking that formula "the secret of life", but the memory itself was a comic.

wait...was it revealed somewhere that he drank a distilled version of the original super-soldier serum?

don't shiv
Dr Shondra Kinsloving,

orphaned toddler, adopted by a rabid racist redneck priest who abused and beat on her daily in front of his wife and son while reciting scripture

Alfheim
Getting hit with a gamma bomb and then becoming the Strongest most powerful creature ever is kinda stupid?

Actually its not as stupid as you might think. The person who invented his origin obvoulsy studied psychology and physics.

Radiation is electromagnetic energy, as far as I know even in conventional science everything has an electromagnetic field. The brain generates electromagnetic energy, therefore your brain can have an affect on electromagnetic energy.

Radiation even in the real world causes people to mutate. Therefore the electromagnetic energy interacted with Banners thoughts causing him to become the Hulk.

The fact of the matter is that actually it shows you the power of love. Banner is angry that his Mother was killed and he could not do anything about it. His anger reflects the love he had for his mother, if he did not love his mother her death would not have made him angry. This is why the Hulk is so strong..he loved his mother.

Yes the orign is cliched but the person who wrote it probably read alot. We just take it for granted because its been done.

Broly92
Originally posted by grey fox
BLASPHEMER !!!

Lobo is frikken awesome , I mean he killed his entire race with his high school science project "I gave myself an A+ "
Co-sign Happy Dance

grey fox
Originally posted by manorastroman
i'm still pretty unclear on sentry's origins. i know in that second new avengers arc, emma frost sees him drinking that formula "the secret of life", but the memory itself was a comic.

wait...was it revealed somewhere that he drank a distilled version of the original super-soldier serum?

I have most of the Sentry mini-series but even within that it isn't very concrete, something along the lines of Sentries own mind making his memories looking like a comic (to him) his (fragile) mind gave him an origin which looked as if it came out of the sixties/seventies.

(Eg : He get's pushed around and is skinny , wants to go out with a blonde but can't because of the above wimpiness finds a 'mysterious glowing liquid' and drinks it- becomes buff and saves the girl when a nutcase tries to attack her) Realistically he was (what appeared to be) some kind of drug user and stole the liquid to get high.

The serum itself is apparently some kind of variation on the Supersoldier serum times a few million, so you could say that sentry is the 'forced evolution' of Cap.

BobbyD
How about Doomsday???

As an infant thrown and fed to Kryptonian monsters???

Poor soul....no wonder why Doomsday is....Doomsday.

manjaro
..........and then after you get found by gypsies floating down a stream like you're freaking moses, you get stuck in a damn carnival, and they think it its all cool cuz you're a baby and all, but as soon as you grow up they're like wait a sec this guy looks like an actual devil....lets get the pitch forks and torches...then when you meet up with the mother who abandoned you and you confront her about it, thinking she's gonna be all sorry she's like "meh...what do ya want, i was young and had ambitions of acquiring personal wealth and destryoing humanity."

BobbyD
Indeed...tis very dark. I don't think anyone comes close.

Alfheim
oOOOHhh when you meant worst I thought you mean't stupid....ermm sorry.

ThePittman
Originally posted by manjaro
..........and then after you get found by gypsies floating down a stream like you're freaking moses, you get stuck in a damn carnival, and they think it its all cool cuz you're a baby and all, but as soon as you grow up they're like wait a sec this guy looks like an actual devil....lets get the pitch forks and torches...then when you meet up with the mother who abandoned you and you confront her about it, thinking she's gonna be all sorry she's like "meh...what do ya want, i was young and had ambitions of acquiring personal wealth and destryoing humanity." Yea, I would have to say NC beats out Vulcan by far though the being cut out of your mother thing is still pretty bad.

complexbrother
cassandra nove's is pretty bad also . imagin being at war with you brother while STILL IN THE WOMB ! and your brother all but kills you and makes you mother miscarrage you. only to become a bodiless intellect.

Spideys Sister
Batman. AND Superman. They both have no reasons to be superheros.

Tron
Moving...

pr1983
Originally posted by Spideys Sister

Why? of course they do... Batman's in vengeance, Superman's is the responsibility he feels to use the powers he has to help people... to save lives he's capable of saving...

or do you just not like them... stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
Why? of course they do... Batman's in vengeance, Superman's is the responsibility he feels to use the powers he has to help people... to save lives he's capable of saving...

or do you just not like them... stick out tongue
Yeah, if I had Superman's powers I would help people. Soon as I get done robbing the bank. whistle

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, if I had Superman's powers I would help people. Soon as I get done robbing the bank. whistle
And throwing George Bush into the sun.

Spideys Sister

or do you just not like them... stick out tongue First of batman's RICH! If you were rich would you put on tights then wear undies over them, go running around in it for vengence... or would you pay someone to assain everyother bad guy in the street. Fast and effective much? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Second of all...Originally posted by Validus
Yeah, if I had Superman's powers I would help people. Soon as I get done robbing the bank. whistle Screw good deeds. Rob the bank. Have bullets bouncing off your eyeballs. laughing out loud eek!

pr1983

laughing

Originally posted by Skeets

I wouldn't... but I'd make ANY attempt he makes to invade another country unnecessarily very difficult indeed...

pr1983
First of batman's RICH! If you were rich would you put on tights then wear undies over them, go running around in it for vengence... or would you pay someone to assain everyother bad guy in the street. Fast and effective much? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman wanted to do it himself... paying an assassin is wrong to him... its revenge, i'd think most people would rather get revenge themselves, its a very personal thing...

Wow... people on this forum have the most questionable morals... stick out tongue

Soljer
Batman wanted to do it himself... paying an assassin is wrong to him... its revenge, i'd think most people would rather get revenge themselves, its a very personal thing...

Wow... people on this forum have the most questionable morals... stick out tongue

Wow....most people on this forum are Human. Big surprise.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22

Why? What the f**k?

He's not evil he's just not very smart.

If you're going to throw somebody into the sun, do it to someone who actually deserves it like Osama or Saddam or Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez or King Jong Il or nearly any politician from China.

pr1983
Originally posted by Soljer
Wow....most people on this forum are Human. Big surprise.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

i was teasing... no expression

although, last time i checked, i was human too...

Grimm22

Well Batman isnt as much as a Superhero as Supes is.

I mean in Batman Begins he has a point to wear a costume, to be a symbol of fear to criminals. He dosent just wear the cape for the heck of it.

Spideys Sister

Wow... people on this forum have the most questionable morals... stick out tongue That's why batman sucks ass in so many places. He's like Iron Man. Only Iron Man and knows how to make his rich playboy life look 100x better than Bats. stick out tongue

As for my morals... I'm Spidey based with morals. With 90% less religon. smile

pr1983
That's why batman sucks ass in so many places. He's like Iron Man. Only Iron Man and knows how to make his rich playboy life look 100x better than Bats.

You really don't like batman do you... stick out tongue

Spideys Sister
You really don't like batman do you... stick out tongue I never understood why he was a superhero. Still don't. I like The Batman though. Great cartoon. smile

Grimm22
I have most of the Sentry mini-series but even within that it isn't very concrete, something along the lines of Sentries own mind making his memories looking like a comic (to him) his (fragile) mind gave him an origin which looked as if it came out of the sixties/seventies.

(Eg : He get's pushed around and is skinny , wants to go out with a blonde but can't because of the above wimpiness finds a 'mysterious glowing liquid' and drinks it- becomes buff and saves the girl when a nutcase tries to attack her) Realistically he was (what appeared to be) some kind of drug user and stole the liquid to get high.

The serum itself is apparently some kind of variation on the Supersoldier serum times a few million, so you could say that sentry is the 'forced evolution' of Cap.

Hmm shifty

Cap can transform into the Sentry you say? stick out tongue

TAKE THAT WOLVERINE! eek!

pr1983
I never understood why he was a superhero. Still don't. I like The Batman though. Great cartoon. smile

Ok... *backs away slowly*

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Grimm22
Hmm shifty

Cap can transform into the Sentry you say? stick out tongue

TAKE THAT WOLVERINE! eek!

That, i'd like to see... before cap overdoses and dies... evil face

Spideys Sister
And throwing George Bush into the sun. Ditto. Die Bush! Die! laughing out loud

Spideys Sister
Anyway... Back to topic... smile

Grimm22
Ditto. Die Bush! Die! laughing out loud

Poor, W sad

He just wanted to learn to say Nuclear

pr1983
Poor, W sad

Neucular, its pronounced 'neucular' stick out tongue

Spideys Sister
... wow. Okay. Now... wait what was I talking about?

Tassadar
Poor, W sad

You mean like "Nuclear power pants". I swear he actually said that once.

I wouldnt throw him to the sun, i would be worried that he might turn it pink or something from the stupid. I would just drop him in Iraq, far from any US troops. End of problem.

grey fox
Dubya : Please mr sentry this is just a simple misunderestimation of my leadershipping capabilities

Sentry (AKA GREY FOX) : SPEAK CORRECTLY !!!!! *Flings Bush into Israel, coincidently the sheer ballistic force of the throw causes Israel to think Lebanon has better weapons them them. Consequently they shut the f*ck up and accept the Un's offer of a ceasefire*

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scorpiom
What bout getting bit by a "radioactive" spider (cause there are lots of radioactive spiders around)

But it was really a magical spider that was only radioactive through a bizarre coincidence...... no expression

Scoobless
Why? What the f**k?

He's not evil he's just not very smart.

If you're going to throw somebody into the sun, do it to someone who actually deserves it like Osama or Saddam or Fidel Castro or Hugo Chavez or King Jong Il or nearly any politician from China.

Gotta love the propaganda around our little planet... smile Bush just isn't smart but those other guys are pure evil?

wink

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
But it was really a magical spider that was only radioactive through a bizarre coincidence...... no expression

FUUCK STRAZINCI

Spideys Sister
But it was really a magical spider that was only radioactive through a bizarre coincidence...... no expression All raidoactive bugs and archnids come from the North west coast... Specificly New Jersey. That can be their new tourist slogan...:

If you want to be a Spider-Man, Come vist New Jersey today!

srankmissingnin

But... but Sentry is down with GWB! eek!

... What am I talking about confused

Batman Beyond
The Hulk's has to be the worst

agree'ed

manjaro
anyway back to night crawler.......only to find out that your same antagonizing mother who has murderd thousands of ppl(bodycount sky rocketed when she and sabretooth, robbed then blew up an entire cruise ship with everyone on it) in acts of terrorism all in the name of irony(you see society thinks that all mutants are evil, so she was trying to make a statement with the brotherhood of evil.........get it?)

then......no i said then........she tries for years to further ruin your adopted sister's life by possibly morphing into her so her lover can finally get to tap that, or somehting looking like that....and then.......only to find out that she is now a full card carrying member of the team who she has tried to destroy for the better part of a decade and now she is quite possibly having an affair with one of your team mates *coff* iceman *coff*

Scoobless
So his mum's a skanky dirtbag..... doesn't make him the most tragic character .... not by a long way ..... come back when he's lost a couple of his kids and i'll reconsider

stick out tongue

grey fox
Kyles is kinda screwy , he walks out of a party wearing a nine inch nails shirt (A sure sign that he's in league with Lucifer himself) and the friggen guardian just drops the ring in his hand while a hobo stares on, his precious bottle of hooch pouring into the drain.

kenobi
Not before I throw Bill and Hillary CLinton into the sun first. smile

kenobi
Gotta love the propaganda around our little planet... smile Bush just isn't smart but those other guys are pure evil?

wink Propaganda?! It is pure fact. People who do not know what evil truly is are the most ignorant. Pres. Bush does not oppress his people or kill his citizens like Hussein or the other listed cronies. smile

Superherovandal
Doomsday has to have one of the worst. He is cloned and forced by a scientist to go into a uninhabitable planet and die. Then he's resurrected and forced to die again and again and again....till he is a souless monster hell bent on destruction and hate all life and live for the sake to kill others.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by kenobi
Bush does not oppress his people or kill his citizens like Hussein or the other listed cronies. smile No, he just does it to other countries citizens.

kenobi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
No, he just does it to other countries citizens.
Not true. He at least dethrones a sadistic dictator (hussein) who oppresses people. I guess when one country does nothing and another does something to help others then the country sitting on the sidelines thinks the other is oppressive. Thank you AUstrailia for brining the world..... rugby?!!! smile

kenobi
Now back to comics.

don't shiv

I hear that!

don't shiv
Originally posted by Superherovandal
Doomsday has to have one of the worst. He is cloned and forced by a scientist to go into a uninhabitable planet and die. Then he's resurrected and forced to die again and again and again....till he is a souless monster hell bent on destruction and hate all life and live for the sake to kill others. [/Q

Doomsday and The Saint Of Killers origins are for Mature Readers.

pr1983
Kyles is kinda screwy , he walks out of a party wearing a nine inch nails shirt (A sure sign that he's in league with Lucifer himself) and the friggen guardian just drops the ring in his hand while a hobo stares on, his precious bottle of hooch pouring into the drain.

He's the man with the 125% mortality rate... date him and die... stick out tongue

Originally posted by kenobi
Not true. He at least dethrones a sadistic dictator (hussein) who oppresses people. I guess when one country does nothing and another does something to help others then the country sitting on the sidelines thinks the other is oppressive. Thank you AUstrailia for brining the world..... rugby?!!! smile

Oh please... this is not the time or the place... and frankly... there are numerous countries where conditions for people were worse than Iraq...

grey fox
He's the man with the 125% mortality rate... date him and die... stick out tongue

YOU GOT THAT OFF WIKI !!!!

Scoobless
Oh please... this is not the time or the place... and frankly... there are numerous countries where conditions for people were worse than Iraq...

But........ they can't afford "freedom"..... they don't have enough oil ...... no expression

manjaro
ahem!......only to find out that your mom not only can morph the superficail aspects of ppl, but when she tunrs into ppl she actually turns into ppl...like the way she can turn into a man and actually be able to get somebody pregnant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.