Swords of the Gods Story Thread (IC only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rikku Gullwing
Swords of the Gods (In character Thread)

The Gods have granted you a sword to shape your own destiny but the sands of time run against you. The besiedged world has become a battleground to the gods of old. Ares raging from the north, Athena from the south, Apollo from the east and Zeus from the West but now even the Titans have been freed and the fate of the world uncertain.

If you do not find your way in the world, your sacred blade will claim your life and your soul will remain trapped in the underworld forever in an eternity of madness and pain. The power to stand against a god has been granted to you but you must follow a path designed by yourself. The path has not yet been written. Will you become a legend or face oblivion and forever be lost to memory?

Rules.- No godmodding and no member bashing. No excessive cursing, no calling people names and no one sentence answers unless totally unavoidable. No changing the plot without prior talk to me. GIVE RECAPS WHEN ASKED.

INTRO.-

The land lies in ruins. Ares had swept through Athens leaving Athena vulnerable to attack. But Hephaetus in a brave attempt has summoned his armies to protect Athena from her warring brother. After all Ares was the god of War and he had lived his entire life as a warrior.

The refugee camps of the Temple of Hephaestus were full, almost out of supplies and care to all the people that Sophitia Alexandra was guarding. Cassandra, Sophitia's sister had gone in search of more supplies offering a trade with Zeus to keep the refugee camp alive. After all the gods were not disregarding innocent lives as the Titans were and they were mercyful, except Hades and Ares. Even Poseidon wasn't as unkind.

- "Where is Cassandra? The city is falling quickly against Ares and Hades. If the Titans come it is going to be a bigger bloodshed than it has already been" - Sophitia said.

- "Don't worry lady Alexandra, Cassandra will be here shortly" - a handmaiden said.

(You can start from your camps or in the field of battle in the city, just remember the fight is taking place in Athens and it's Athena and Hephaestus VS. Ares and Hades. All with Zeus would be passing through to Antioch to the battle between Zeus and Hermes VS. Aphrodite and Poseidon)

Ruby_weapon
Jason rode his horse silently, gently grasping his mane. He watched the rest of the people riding their horses with supplies. This convoy was small, an easier way. His own horse was carrying some as well. Jason lifted his head and looked around, not daring to speak right yet. His sword on his back, the one item that made him different than most, it healed instead of caused injury. He smiled slightly as he rubbed the long neck of his horse gently, which whinnied quietly to jason. He smiled and looked up at the woman, Cassandra, knowing she had an important job, and he is only helping to be kind. He isn't a fighter at any length. His long hair flowed silently in the small breeze, and his pinkish red eyes darkened by the brightness of his clothes. He stayed silent for now.

DragonWoman
Walking in amongst the cramped camping sites, Meshona's eyes scanned across many a head of refugee. She had been a follower of Athena for as long as she could remember but it wasn't untill this day that she doubted the power of her resident goddess.

Tombstone
rashede got on his horses in call out I'm go to kill Athena and Hephaestus smiled and looked up at hes soldiers rashede was so hungry for blood he call out kill time

Rikku Gullwing
Cassandra looked at the young man who rode with her. He seemed to smile at his horse and it aso seemed as if the horse was happy too. She looked at him and couldn't help but smile.

- "You are Aphrodite's chosen one right? I'm Cassandra, Sophitia Alexandra is my sister, she is the chosen warrior of Hephaestus" - Cassandra said.

=====

While attending at the people in the camp, Sophitia looked up and saw a woman, she was clear to have the aura of Athena upon her and she felt the power inside the young woman. Sophitia walked to her and smiled.

- "Do you need care or food? We can offer you something, or if you'd like to volunteer we could certainly use some strong hands" - Sophitia said.

DragonWoman
"I am not of hunger or thirst but I will volenteer my hands to any help you or others may need," Meshona replied softly.

Ruby_weapon
"Yea... " he said "thats neat. I am rather surprised i was the chosen one of Aphrodite... Love and beauty..." He said even quieter. "Forgive me. I am not use to talking to people i didn't grow up with." He smiled a bit and brightend up. "So, How much further to the camp?" he asked, trying to act as happy as he could.

John!attheDisco
Phillip looked out over the glistening blue water, the sun was out, and it was a beautiful day, the sea breeze made the heat of the day not so bad, and there was not a cloud to be seen. His ship was sailing for Antioch, and save for its crew, he was the only one on the ship, which was named Apollo , just as his sword was. He sailed to Antioch even though Apollo was not fighting there, but he was not fighting anywhere else, and as Antioch is where several of the other gods are fighting, Phillip figured that he can only forward Apollo's progress by playing on the warring gods...

Sora The Brave
At a rather daring speed to human limits, Feng-Yun dash down the convoy's length, catching up with two others of whom he had heard about.

"You two are the others, correct?" He spoke, as if to keep other ears from overhearing. "I am Swift-Fox Feng-Yun." He acknowledged himself, and slowed to a brisk walk. His sword was slung over his shoulder, and his eyes were on the two.

Spidervlad
"Ah comeone, it can't be that bad, right?" said Vash as he treated one of the injured Athenians. He got out from the tent of the injured ones and looked up at the sun. Some soldiers from Hephaetus look at him like his nuts. "You shouldn't be here! You should be in the tents being looked after, the training site is not a place for the blind" said one of the guards. "Hey! Watch it! Maybe I am blind, I can still use the power of the nature to see everything, I can fight, just as I did those forces of Ares, and still survive" snapped back Vash.

"Hah! Are you serious? A blind man fighting? I would like to see that!" laughed the 3rd guard.

"Wanna fight? Me vs all 3 of you?" asked Vash smiling. Some other Hephaetusian guards came up to look what was going on, and some remaining ininjured Athenian survivors.

"Hahahah. Sure! It's boring here anyway"

Rikku Gullwing
- "Thank you very much, we surely need people willing to help out" - Sophitia said to Meshona and looked around at the conmotion that was happening outside the tent and sighed. She looked once more at Meshona and smiled - "I'm Sophitia Alexandra by the way".

Sophitia walked outside and met the blind warrior Vash.

- "Vash! Remember no violence and least of all among ourselves" - Sophitia said and looked at the warriors who looked down when they saw her, she only smiled - "Now, you three are lucky I stepped in, Vash is one of the chosen warriors of Athena". The men looked at each other and apologized and left.

- "Must you always find trouble Vash?" - Sophitia said smiling.

==============

Cassandra looked at Yun and at Jason.

- "Nice to meet you Yun, but I'm not my sister. Sophitia is the one you're looking for if you are seeking others called by the gods. I'm Cassandra" - she said and looked at Jason and smiled - "We are here at last".

The horses and the convoy arrived at the camp and swiftly a few helpers got the supplies and took them to the chief medic of the camp. Cassandra jumped off her horse and went to where Sophitia was, she looked back at Jason and Yun and motioned them to follow her.

Spidervlad
"They said I was blind! Whats up with people? Does a person always have to explain his title to be treated nicely? It's weird." answered Vash. "And plus, I was just warming them up... For battle"

Ruby_weapon
Jason got off of his horse and adjusted the red sword on his back. He walked to Cassandra and followed silently. He Looked back at his horse and smiled. He held his smile low as he followed the woman infront of him.

DragonWoman
Meshona made her way slowly over to the small group and set the Athenians back to their bunks and the guards back to work with only the flicker of her eyes, both menacing and commanding. She then looked to Vash and smiled, she'd known him for some time and it would have been something to see him bring down all of the guards but it was not to be so, "Vash my friend, tell me. How would that be considered a warm up if you'd been the one to warm them up? By Athena...they wouldn't be able to stand!"

Spidervlad
"Heh, I guess your right" chuckeled Vash. "But then again, isn't that the same thing that we thought when the soldiers of Ares marched into our territory? Yet our soldiers have been defeated. Hey, but look at the bright side, now we get to repel their attack, and then hit them where it actually hurts!" He exclaimed. "Hey, where there any messages about the war between Zeus, Hermes vs Aphrodite and Poseidon? Zeus sent his army there, didn't he? I wonder if they got there. But for now... We have our own war to fight"

John!attheDisco
Phillip observed his fleet behind him, there were ten ships, eleven including his, and they were all filled with soldiers. He knew he had about one thousand troops, and hoped that that was enough. He sighed, he felt out of place, he was a doctor, not a soldier, and while he had grown up wanting to be a soldier, he longed for his Medical Academy, and the intelligence of his fellow doctors. The soldiers struck him as rude and impolite. He wouldn't mind fighting for Apollo, but to fight with these men, he thought, would be unbearable...

Sora The Brave
Feng didn't take kindly to the short introduction, as it wasn't accepted in his village. He sighed, These are new times... He thought to himself, and walked on.

Wild-Cherry
Feora's eyes shot open. The two candles beside her had died to only glowing embers in a soft breeze, and she stood. The message was clear, and fresh in her mind. She nodded with a soft grunt, and ran out of the building she had slept in, and into the city, which lay in broken down ruins. Her body quivered with a nervous anticipation as she recited the words which had entered her mind.

Go. And fight along side my brother, fight for Apollo.

Once more the young girl nodded. She darted out and grabebd her silver mare, Arkai, and placed the woven makeshift bridle around her large head. the horse snorted nervously as Feora jumped on, and jabbed her heels into her side. Arkai reared and bolted.

With closed eyes Feora held tightly as the silvery mane blew in the wind, brushing against her face and lips. She was the chosen one of the mighty and powerful Artemis, who, infact, had opposed the war. Now however, after the murder of her own followers she has sent her own, Feora, out to fight in her name.

Finally Feora reached the outer limits of Apollo's follower's land. Arkai snorted and paced nervously, but was calmed by a pat on the neck. She trotted forth at Feora's word, and once again started at an amazing sight. Feora closed her eyes and prayed a thanks to Artemis for these vessels before moving on. There were huge ships at these ports, and many, many men waiting to fight. Not for one moment did she question her purpose however. She touched her swords handle, and unsheathed it, her horse shyly side stepping. Her fingers wound around the twine binding, and she raised thw sword in a salute to the troop's leader. The pale blue, pure diamond and crystal infused blade shimmered in the sun, and she lowered it, bowing her head respectfully.

John!attheDisco
Phillip took his mind off his men, and instead leaned over the front of the ship and absorbed the cool sea breeze. He thought of himself as the waves begging for big news from the shore, and wondered if, because of the war, Antioch had become a ghost town. He sighed and saw dolphins swimming next to the ship. They clicked and chirped and Phillip smiled. They were innocent, and had not a care in the world. Right then, there, with the current of the ship flowing over their soft skin, the dolphins were completely content. Phillip snapped back to reality with the strident voice of the captain giving orders to the rowing crew. Phillip pushed himself out of the leaning position, and went to inspect the sails...

Wild-Cherry
A loud call calmed Feora's nerves. The man waved his hand in the air, the captain of a ship no doubt, and then hailed a salute with his own sword. She re sheathed her blade and tightened her grip on the hors's reigns as she galloped forward to meet her observer. Many men stared. One even went as far as to laugh, and cry out ' These grounds are no place for a woman!! '

His colleguaes joined him in laughing untill Feora retaliated. In a moments time he stopped, and covered his mouth. Feora's sword was positioned directly onto the throbbing nartery in his thraot, and he was quiet. The other men quieted too as they noticed the small drip of blood running from his lip.

" I'd advise all of you to keep quiet. "

Following this she retracted the blade, and let it slide across the wound. Being a healing element it closed instantly, and the man stuttered an apology. The other men parted as their captain walked forth. He greeted her with a smile, and after a short converstaion he directed her to her ship. She nodded her thanks and trotted aboared, still atop Arkai. When she reached the bow, she noted a man leaning over the side, staring at the dolphins swimming beneath the clear blue water. Their pale grey skin shone in the bright sun. She smiled, and knew Artemis ,god of animals, was smiling as well.

DragonWoman
Originally posted by Spidervlad
"Heh, I guess your right" chuckeled Vash. "But then again, isn't that the same thing that we thought when the soldiers of Ares marched into our territory? Yet our soldiers have been defeated. Hey, but look at the bright side, now we get to repel their attack, and then hit them where it actually hurts!" He exclaimed. "Hey, where there any messages about the war between Zeus, Hermes vs Aphrodite and Poseidon? Zeus sent his army there, didn't he? I wonder if they got there. But for now... We have our own war to fight"

"Yes...and if we all do not save our strength then the fight will be over before it has begun. Come away Vash and speak with me for a while. There are matters that need to be discussed."

Spidervlad
"Sure!" enthusiastically answered Vash as he followed.

John!attheDisco
Phillip's fleet arrived in Cyprus and docked for minor repairs. The crew spent the night on the town, the soldiers drank all night, but Phillip spent the night in a tavern and got a good night's rest. The next day, the fleet departed, the crews' morale soaring, the soldiers merry, and Phillip glad the ships were in fine condition. The ships sailed away, into the rising sun...

Burning thought
Dethalus, champion and master priest of the Lord of the dead was preparing an assault on Athens, he knew that their defences were pressed and that Hephaustus was not going to be able to hold out forever, his strength was however a large thorn in Hades side and would take a long time to topple

Dethalus rode in amongst some shades on his two headed mount, the dog beast Orthus was his mode of transportation, its speed and strength outmatched a horse and its fire breath was surely feared. The shades with their cloaks and dark faces lurched a little, the dead were remorseless fighters and Hades had called up legions of the most wicked and merciless souls he could spare in the underworld, even cyclops and certain types of ogres were amongst the undead warriors

Dethalus got off of Orthus and in a dark low voice he whispered, it strangely fell throughout the entire camp as if it was carried by the river styx itself and like the river it poured throughout the legions, its dark essence was cruel and without care, every word seemed careless and emotionless as if Dethalus' soul had been riped from him, however he was wise of mind and his authority made sure he neednt make more than a murmer before his soldiers obeyed

"you must prepare....cyclops wield your iron well, ogres shield the archers........you shades are expendable, your souls are hades, destroy them all" and with that he clenched his fists and leapt up onto Orthus and rode into battle, the giant cyclops and ogres holding up their large round shields to shield them and the Shades wielding bows and swords hidden behind them, ready to charge, Dethalus was with them, about to join them in battle.

Tombstone
can i get a recaps

DragonWoman
Originally posted by Spidervlad
"Sure!" enthusiastically answered Vash as he followed.

Meshona smiled just a little and turned, making her way slowly through the crowds.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Tombstone
can i get a recaps

i think hephaustus armies are guarding Athens where many soldiers are, Hades armies led by me are about to attack and ime not sure about the rest of the people apart from Zues' people seem to be on some ships

Tombstone
(no idea where to come in)

DragonWoman
(Then think of something damnit...dont get other ppl to think for you!)

Meshona looked over her shoulder to make sure vash was following her. It was not difficult to loose a blind man in amongst so many people.

Spidervlad
"May I please say again i'm not blind? I have a connection to the nature" Sighed Vash as he saw her looking around checking he wasn't lost. "Which means I know that the color of your hair is brownish black, and I know the color of your eyes" He added.

DragonWoman
Meshona chuckled, "I remember that Vash, no harm in being cautious. Even those of us with sight can loose our way at times."

Spidervlad
"In fact, but then again, we in our own land." smiled Vash as they entered an empty tent. "So...."

DragonWoman
Meshona entered the tent after him and sealed the entrance, turning to face her comrade; her expression terse and troubled. "I fear for Athena, her strength is not what it once was and if she falls where will that leave us as her champions? I will not readily abandon her if that is your thought Vash I only ready myself for what may readily be our goddesses end as we well know it."

Burning thought
The legions of hades broke into Athens, as the soldiers of Hephaustus stood firm the Ogres and Trolls smashed through them, crushing their ranks, their heavey iron armour protected them well.

Dethalus rode behind burning their soldiers and then letting Orthus off his leash to destroy the Hephaustian troops, Dethalus on foot now marched into Athenian temple "hear me Athena....your temple will burn and rot, and you will join hades in the land of the dead", with that he swept his sword through the worshiper praying, some standing to fight. The Temple guard were no match, they slashed at his dark body, only to see it heal before them as his dark sword drained their bodies life essence

Shades filled many Athenian temples, also killing worshipers and ransacking the camps, things looked dim for those following Athena and Hephaustus and so the battle raged on for Athens.

DragonWoman
Meshona's head snapped up at the cries from outside the walls of the temple, her eyes widened as the sounds of war broke upon her ears. Unsheathing her sword, it glowed with an aqua tinge to it and she burst from the tent. Sprinting to the aid of others.

Spidervlad
Vash's sword glowed red. "Look, you go and take care of the shades, i'll take care of the mysterious dark aura I feel inside the main Temple" said Vash, before running out of the tent, just to almost get hit by an Ogre, he dodged the hit, jumped on it's back, took out a dagger and stabbed it in the Ogre's neck. The ogre fell down, and Vash ran ahead to the temple, to see a few temple guards dead, he entered the temple to see him about to kill the worshipper, but he kicked the dark figure, causing him to loose balance and fall.

Burning thought
Dethalus leapt from the floor and fired a dark blast of energy, the blast was dodged but instantly Dethalus flew forwards with his blade smashing it against his opponents "hades will have your soul....." , Dethalus let out another dark blast as soon as his opponent lost balance from a hard sword blow sending his opponent into a marble wall dazed, Dethalus swept up his robes and hood over his head and laughed with spite, "come Orthas", his two headed mount crashed through one of the walls of the temple and his master mounted, just before the beast leapt off into the smoke and fire of the battle

Spidervlad
"Morons that think their cool nowadays" sighed Vash before running out through the whole made by the beast, he looked around, and saw 5 trolls smashing their way into the heart of the camp. He ran up to one of the trolls, and saw that there was some equipment such as arrows and swords on the trolls back, as the trolls were nearly impossible to kill in their rampage, the soldiers put their equipment there. Vash took a nearby rope which was lying on the ground, and threw it around the troll's throat, blinded by his fury and rage, the troll didn't feel anything. Vash then took 3 quivers with arrows and climbed up the rope to the head of the troll, he then began taking arrows by 4, and stabbing them through the troll's head. Soon, the troll fell down on another troll nearby him, killing his fellow brother by his own weight.

Burning thought
"hades is pleased of our damage to Athens....but he doesnt want it to be demolished yet...there are still souls to weave here......but the Riches we have recovered and artifacts will be a boon to our forces" Dethalus said once again in his dark whisper, the remaining Ogres and Trolls moved out, the surviving shades following, the City of Athens was burning and Hades had quenched his thirst for souls of the dead for now, but he had more plans for Athens and so called back his armies. hades confronted his servant. "well done Dethalus, i never thought we could be this successful" hades said while picking up the cage of Athena's prized Owl of wisdom in its cage, he let out a wicked laugh which was followed by a smile as smoke came from his mouth, making the creature faint in the cage, "now go....and here, have this" Dethalus cought the special medalion that Hades threw to him in his dark grip and placed it over his black hood, as he did its Skull like symbol flashed green.

The Legions of the underwold had tasted blood and so their legions that grew by the hour, every time one of the dead had their soul taken were looking forward to their next battle

Ruby_weapon
Originally posted by Ruby_weapon
Jason got off of his horse and adjusted the red sword on his back. He walked to Cassandra and followed silently. He Looked back at his horse and smiled. He held his smile low as he followed the woman infront of him.

Rikku Gullwing
Cassandra finally reached Sophitia with Jason.

- "Jason, this is my sister Sophitia, chosen by Hephaestus" - Cassandra said.

Sophitia smiled at Jason and knew instantly that he was with Aphrodite.

- "It is nice to meet another blessed by the gods, we need all the help we can get. But the numbers are weakening and if Hephaestus' troops don't get here from Corinth then there won't be much of the city to save" - Sophitia said and suddenly heard the noises of battle. A woman ran to Sophitia telling her about Meshona confronting the chosen by Hades with Vash on her side.

- "We have to help Vash and Meshona, come quickly" - Sophitia said as she ran to the scene and began cutting through the soldiers of Hades with her blade which ignited her enemies in a fire that burned to the flesh but did not hurt her.

DragonWoman
Meshona, covered not only by her own blood but of that of the minions of Hades. There was a darkness in her deep eyes that flashed with a horrid hatred with every swing of her sword.
Downing another shade, she grunted as she was hit in the back by an oncoming ogre, pinned helplessly to the ground by the dead weight.

Spidervlad
A few arrows shot the arm of the troll who pinned down Meshona, and then he was forced back from Athena's city by the Hades chosen one. Vash ran up with a bow in his hand, a deep gash on his stomach and some blood running from his forehead, he had a cage in his hand with an owl in it. "Are you alright?" asked Vash. "I had to go back to the palace and replace the Owl of Wisdom with another owl, since I was sure they wanted it"

Burning thought
Hades moved his Gaze to Zues' lands, "perhaps ill pay my good brother a visit", he smiled and through thought he sent his message to Dethalus and under Dethalus' command the army of Hades started moving towards the great temple of Zues

DragonWoman
Meshona sat up slowly, grimacing in pain she looked up at her friend and he seemed as badly off as herself, grunting as she stood her right arm feel limp at her side and many of her bones ached, "I think some of my bones are broken but I will live. Yourself Vash? You look quite off as I am my friend."

Spidervlad
"Neck bone may be cracked a bit, but the rest is good" smiled Vash.

DragonWoman
Meshona nodded and looked around her at the scene of almost complete devistation. Her dark eyes shone with a little sadness, "When will this end." She muttered sadly.

DragonWoman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.