Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Norge
What do we know about Sandman in this movie? Is he uncle Ben's killer? How does he get his powers? And what of the actor is he any good in anything else that he has done?

spencerspider
THC is good, he looks perfect for role. I think he Uncle Ben's Killer. How does he gets his powers I dont know. I know the reason he will steal and stuff is to help financially for his daughter

doctorstrongbad
I'm sure they will explain all of this in the movie.

Silverstein
there was a rumour plot of Sandman being hired by Harry

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Silverstein
there was a rumour plot of Sandman being hired by Harry

That would actually be pretty cool.

Bocaj
Originally posted by H. S. 6
That would actually be pretty cool.
Yeah they could do something more with that but I don't think they will since he hired Ock last time but who knows

Doc Ock
He didn't hire Ock. He made a deal with him. Something for something.

When the villain dangles you over the edge of a building, you're not hiring him, you're bargaining for your life.

Anyway, Harry shouldn't have any connections to Sandman in SM-3. Harry is a Goblin now. He doesn't need other villains to get Spidey for him. He can do it himself.

Bocaj
Originally posted by Doc Ock
He didn't hire Ock. He made a deal with him. Something for something.

When the villain dangles you over the edge of a building, you're not hiring him, you're bargaining for your life.

Anyway, Harry shouldn't have any connections to Sandman in SM-3. Harry is a Goblin now. He doesn't need other villains to get Spidey for him. He can do it himself.
Eh, sorry haven't seen the movie since it was in theatres.

Yeah kind of what I was thinking but at the beginning he very well could be

spencerspider
harry dont need to hire anyone, he needs to kick peters ass right now

vvvrulz
Back to the Sandman..

Theyre changing his background story a bit aren't they? As they did with Dock Ock.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Back to the Sandman..

Theyre changing his background story a bit aren't they? As they did with Dock Ock.

They tend to do that with the movies. I can appreciate the movies, but I know they are different from the comics. Like two different universes.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Back to the Sandman..

Yeah, he has a wife and daughter. That's why he's stealing. It's for his family.

doctorstrongbad
I hope they don't make him into a good guy at the end like they did to Doc Ock.

Doc Ock
They are.

Anyway Sandman is not really evil in the comics. So it's not like it's a change of character like it was with Ock.

Sandman is just a petty thug.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah but he was stealing for himself, as a bad guy. What's up with turning villains into misunderstood good guys?

Doc Ock
He's not EVIL. He's never killed anyone in the comics.

In the movie, they just gave him a deeper motivation. Instead of stealing for himself, it's for his family.

Sam Z
Where did that sandman-is-uncle-ben-killer thing came from?

steverules
Some rumor website where crazy fan boy's said he was uncle ben's killer

Dan-El

But a big part of the Goblin legacy is getting others to do your work for you! In ASM #14, the first appearance of ol' green-jeans, he hired the Enforcers to wear Spidey down. In other issues, he enlisted different villains to throw Pete for a loop before he sprung his attack.

I think the whole Harry hiring Sandman thing makes sense. He wants to get at Peter, Sandman obviously needs the dough, and there you have it. Just my opinion though.

Doc Ock
Originally posted by Dan-El
But a big part of the Goblin legacy is getting others to do your work for you! In ASM #14, the first appearance of ol' green-jeans, he hired the Enforcers to wear Spidey down. In other issues, he enlisted different villains to throw Pete for a loop before he sprung his attack.

I think the whole Harry hiring Sandman thing makes sense. He wants to get at Peter, Sandman obviously needs the dough, and there you have it. Just my opinion though.

Three things:

1.That was Norman not Harry
2.That was Norman's first appearance where he never even met Spider-Man before
3.Norman had no personal grudge against Spider-Man

So it makes no sense for Harry to hire Sandman.

NoFate007
If you looked like Harry in SM3 would you want to be seen in public? Lol.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by NoFate007
If you looked like Harry in SM3 would you want to be seen in public? Lol.

That is a good point. hehe

jedi_rez
I would like sandman to be the bad guy at the begining at the movie, but then when venom is "born" i would love sandman fighting venom, alone or alongside spiderman... i think it would be cool to see sandman fight venom in the movie too. As for him being uncle ben's killer, there are some pictures on the net with sandman and uncle ben so i guess he has his part in it. i like him more being half bad , half good and venom being the total bad guy.

Silverstein
i think the Villain turned Hero will be Harry or cooler Green Goblin II

doctorstrongbad
Why does one of spidey's bad guys have to be uncle Ben's killer?

Doc Ock
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Why does one of spidey's bad guys have to be uncle Ben's killer?

Ask Sam Raimi.

doctorstrongbad
Ask Sam Raimi.

Thats the kinda thinking that helped to ruin the Batman movies. The joker did it, no it was two face, no really it was Race Al ghoul. ugh.

Doc Ock
Thats the kinda thinking that helped to ruin the Batman movies. The joker did it, no it was two face, no really it was Race Al ghoul. ugh.

LOL! That's Ra's Al Ghul buddy wink

And I sincerely hope Sandman is not Ben's killer. Completely lame and unnecessary.

Silverstein
yeah, peter knocked the wrong man out of the window...

Doc Ock
Peter didn't knock him out the window.

The guy tripped over a pipe in the floor.

Silverstein
Peter didn't knock him out the window.

The guy tripped over a pipe in the floor.

lol yeah

doctorstrongbad
I'm guessing the robber we saw in part 1 was helping or working for sandman?

Silverstein
I'm guessing the robber we saw in part 1 was helping or working for sandman?

yeah, im not sure where Sandman goes after him and the robber shoot uncle ben and part ways

doctorstrongbad
I'm already hating this concept ... two robbers had to team up and kill uncle Ben?

Ultraman Baltan
Sandman is an excellent nemisis for Spiderman. The classic "brute with a backround" thing works for him. He deserves a part in the new movie.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
Sandman is an excellent nemisis for Spiderman. The classic "brute with a backround" thing works for him. He deserves a part in the new movie.

He will be the major bad guy in part three. I have always liked Sandman, I know a lot of people on here don't give him enough credit.

Norge
Whether people like him or not, for me he is classic spidey. one of the first bad dudes. He looks cool in the teaser too. better than skater goblin!

a_jedi_trait
Is spider-man going to have a black suit?

doctorstrongbad
Yes Spider-man will have his dark suit.

spencerspider
lol i dont care if harry looks like a snowboarder. HE WILL KICK ASS IN THIS MOVIE! you will all want to see more harry vs peter, then harry turning good and helping kill venom haha damn i cant wait

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by spencerspider
lol i dont care if harry looks like a snowboarder. HE WILL KICK ASS IN THIS MOVIE! you will all want to see more harry vs peter, then harry turning good and helping kill venom haha damn i cant wait

How is Harry going to help Spider-man kill Venom?

spencerspider
lots of bombs man be a great distraction

Ultraman Baltan
Sandman isn't Ben's killer. We saw Ben's killer die. We saw everything about him. Sandman may be LINKED, though, but he can't be Ben's killer.

Yarr
Attaching him to Ben Parker's killer is horrible.

However redoing most of Sandman's backstory really isnt that bad. Its an OLD story and it really isnt that detailed. So I personally dont mind.

Neutro
It's one of Sam Raimi's horrible twists in which he makes Spider-Man his own and pretends the fans won't care. It's really sad.

doctorstrongbad
I hope Sandman doesn't become Ben's killer. That would be very lame.

Neutro
He won't be. He'll just be linked by pushing the killer on or something. Like a mean cheerleader.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Neutro
He won't be. He'll just be linked by pushing the killer on or something. Like a mean cheerleader.

You think so? Maybe he will be the killer's boss or leader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.