Street Fighter vs. Soul Calibur

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
Seeing as I believe the Street Fighter series to be just a bit above par with tekken, I figured it'd be a good match.

Can Akuma defeat the Azure Knight. Can anyone from street fighter put up with Voldo? Can the Hadouken beat the Sword of Salvation?

post your opinions

The-Judge
well, the street fighters may have some problems against the weapons, even through theyre better hand-to-hand fighters... and tekken and sf are on the same level, if tekken isnt above

Emperor Ashtar
Soul calibur chracters aren't that strong, mitsurugi was beaten by a musket, please get the idea. the only strong people are the boses.

Mesirus
as a game i perfer Soul calibur but i don't think the street fighter's would have too much difficulty disarming them, then its all over, except for necrid....he could take out a few fighters on his one

Tallis
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Soul calibur chracters aren't that strong, mitsurugi was beaten by a musket, please get the idea. the only strong people are the boses.

Have your read his SC3 bio!!!!

Here's a quote:

"Even what he had once considered his greatest enemy, the Tanegashima rifles, no longer concerned him. There was no doubt that they were terrible weapons, but they were no threat to Mitsurugi. The fact that he had crossed countless battlefields, defeating every conceivable enemy--including those with rifles--was the greatest proof of that."

You gotta remember that people in soul calibur have single handedly destroyed armies.

People how have taken down armies:

Taki
Misturugi
Olcadan
Kilik
Siegfried
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu

They've each taken down armies number from hundreds to thousands.
And their are still more powerful fighter than them in the soul calibur universe.

IceJaw
Originally posted by Mesirus
as a game i perfer Soul calibur but i don't think the street fighter's would have too much difficulty disarming them, then its all over, except for necrid....he could take out a few fighters on his one The edit buttom is calling out to you, push it eek!

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Tallis
Have your read his SC3 bio!!!!

Here's a quote:

"Even what he had once considered his greatest enemy, the Tanegashima rifles, no longer concerned him. There was no doubt that they were terrible weapons, but they were no threat to Mitsurugi. The fact that he had crossed countless battlefields, defeating every conceivable enemy--including those with rifles--was the greatest proof of that."

You gotta remember that people in soul calibur have single handedly destroyed armies.

People how have taken down armies:

Taki
Misturugi
Olcadan
Kilik
Siegfried
Nightmare
Yoshimitsu

They've each taken down armies number from hundreds to thousands.
And their are still more powerful fighter than them in the soul calibur universe.

When has taki, yoshimistu, and kilik destroyed amry's.

And misturugi did lose to a rifle in soul calibur 2.

Tallis
When has taki, yoshimistu, and kilik destroyed amry's.

And misturugi did lose to a rifle in soul calibur 2.

In SC1 bio Yoshimitsu went up againt Oda Nobunaga's army and won, and right after he gained his magical sword he named after himself.

Taki killed a clan of ninja's which could be called an army. And Kilik defeated Raphaels army of vampires.

And for the record Mitsurugi lost to a rifle in SC1.

shin_remy
hahahah i was waiting for this thread

Street Fighter wins this, SC aren't strong and

@Judge : NOO Tekken isn't on SF's lvl!!! why do you continue in believing that, people have post several times WHY Tekken can't hang on SF

1 word!!! Projectiles!!!!!
Again The Top Tiers are too much for SC. it is unbelievable how they fight with weapons but that don't mean that they are better. Who has the speed to dodge bullets from a few meters? NON

M.Bison from SFA3 is able to kill the most part of the cast IMO.

How are they gonna hit him if he keeps teleporting?
How are they gonna hit somebody when he is in the air? and remains distance and keep shooting big firebals and beams?

they are not strong. there are a few treats!!

ALL characters must fight close. and that SC people have beaten army's, soo what? Have anybody seen the power that M.Bison released?? probaly not!!

this is too overated

Tallis
Shin_Remy, your using non canon information when you post an arguement.

The only thing I consider canon is whats in the games not the movies.

IceJaw
Shin_Remy, your using non canon information when you post an arguement.

The only thing I consider canon is whats in the games not the movies.
^^^^

General Kaliero
Personally, I find the Soul Calibur series to be much better that Street Fighter. Any one of the SC gang can hold their own against incredible odds.

Before he cast out Nightmare, Seigfried slaughtered whole villages in his sleep.

Also, Kilik, Xianghua, Seigfried, Talim, and Sophitia have all wielded Soul Calibur, a holy sword of unstoppable power. The demon sword Soul Edge, which would be even more powerful if it didn't suck life from the wielder, has used Zasalamel, Cervantes, Seigfried (as Nightmare), Tira, and Lizardman, and since taken on a life of its own as the new Nightmare/Night Terror. That's ten different people who have held nigh unstoppable power in their hands.

The-Judge
yeah, someone, jsut help me out here... did akuma destroys an island in the games?

shin_remy
Street Fighter Alpha shows CANON abilities

and besides even if i use CANON info, that is already enough proof to claim the winner

don't forget that there are more UNCANON story's and many different CANON story's!!!

shin_remy
Originally posted by The-Judge
yeah, someone, jsut help me out here... did akuma destroys an island in the games?

YES!! and Mountains with ease with his punches

and as SHIN AKUMA he destroyd an Comet a 1/3 of the world with one puch no expression

Tallis
Originally posted by shin_remy
YES!! and Mountains with ease with his punches

and as SHIN AKUMA he destroyd an Comet a 1/3 of the world with one puch no expression

STOP USING NON-CANON.

That never happened.

shin_remy
what never happend?

the Islands and Mountains ? or the Comet?

Tallis
what never happend?

the Islands and Mountains ? or the Comet?

Last time I checked none of it happened.

Shin Akuma isn't even canon.

If you can't argue using the information from the games then don't argue at all.

shin_remy
Shin Akuma IS CANON

Tallis
NO HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shin_remy
NO HE IS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAH YES HE IS

WTF HE is in SF 3 Second Impact and YES HE IS FOCKING CANON. mad

Tallis
Nope he's not.

Your just a fanboy Bullshitter.

shin_remy
ask Emperor Ashtar or Darkstorm.

what do you know? if you are saying that he didn't appear in SF3?

that already indicated that YOU are the one that talks BS

cause he IS canon. He never had to use his full power in the SF universe.

Same as Oro. he seales one arm. is a part of his training

Tallis
In any case it has been stated that Soul Edge has enough power to destroy the world. This has been stated in CANNON by Namco

shin_remy
In any case it has been stated that Soul Edge has enough power to destroy the world. This has been stated in CANNON by Namco

congratulations!

soo has the Dark Hadou no expression

Tallis
But only one person can use it.

Ryu doesn't count.

Where as in Soul Calibur their are multiple Soul Edges. Cervantes has one, Siegfried has one, and Nightmare has one.

Also Astaroth is a golem he doesn't feel pain. He alone could take care of most of the street fighter cast.

IceJaw
Nope he's not.

Your just a fanboy Bullshitter.
But only one person can use it.

Ryu doesn't count.

Where as in Soul Calibur their are multiple Soul Edges. Cervantes has one, Siegfried has one, and Nightmare has one.

Also Astaroth is a golem he doesn't feel pain. He alone could take care of most of the street fighter cast.
yes

shin_remy
Shin Akuma
Unsealed Oro
Gill
SF Alpha 3 M.Bison
Evil Ryu

enough said!!

Emperor Ashtar
Shin Gouki is canon, so is gill, oro,ingrid, and bison. honestly what thigh end feats does soul calibur have, and yoshimitsu did not beat Nobunaga oda's army, he actually lost.

Tallis
Shin Gouki is canon, so is gill, oro,ingrid, and bison. honestly what thigh end feats does soul calibur have, and yoshimitsu did not beat Nobunaga oda's army, he actually lost.

Post feats of the people you just said. CANON feats and I'll see if they truly can beat the guys from SC.

Mesirus
i'm backing Tallis, for 2 reasons, 1 tallis has always write down the logic of each opinion, and so never chats shit so to speak
2) some of the SC characters would be deadly to most of the SF characters

Emperor Ashtar
Post feats of the people you just said. CANON feats and I'll see if they truly can beat the guys from SC.

REgular gouki sunk an island, and split ayers rock in half. again, Yoshimitsu never beat an army, his caln was wiped out, he tried to get revenge and failed.

Tallis
Ashtar make a list of all the best feats from the entire game. If thats the best feat then Street Fighters in trouble.

MURDEROUS RYU
hey guys sf would destroy sc.those sf feats r canon. the comet in cfe,the island sfa2,and the mountain in sf3 w impact! sc no chance.AND SHIN GOUKI IS CANON!!!

Tallis
Murderous Ryu. Go away and let the big people talk

General Kaliero
What people do in backstory, cutscenes, movies, and the like are irrelevant. The only relevant part of either series is what happens during regular battles.

Nobody's destroyed a mountain in SF in the middle of a battle, unless I'm grossly mistaken.

But all ten SC characters I mentioned before can use their respective weapons of great power in any average battle.

MURDEROUS RYU
yeah but none of them r screen filling supermoves or 1 hit kills,like street fighter and by the way tallis that was cold blooded and dont let the title jr. member fool ya i know my $h!t!!

Blaxican Hydra
Exactly. And you're saying you back up Tallis for using logic? Utter bullsh*t.

No one here has the right to say "Well, Im just going to ignore that and say its nto cannon. If YOU cant prove its uncannon yourself, dont bullsh*t with the rest of us.

And for the record, Akuma himself beats downs ALL of the Soul Caliber people by himself, though not all at the same time.

BEfore you go OGM YOUR A FANBOY G'HYUK!!!11!!!1111 rememebr that in actuality I've only played two of the SF games EVER, but I OWN all of the Soul Caliber gamesa, and SC si to date my favourite fighting game of all time.

MURDEROUS RYU
i second that!GOOD $H!T BLAXICAN HYDRA!

shin_remy
exactly

SC is high to overrated!!

i Have to the most comics, all animes, 80% of ALL the SF GAmes, that is very MUCH, spend Thousends of Dollars on SF, play tournaments, talk with sf peeps on my msn over the whole world and NO NOOBS!!

so YES i do know what i'm talking about and Top Tiers of SF kills all Soul Calibur Characters!!

The-Judge
well, if ryu and link are even, as we argued, then ryu can beat the shit out of nearly every soul calibur character... and akuma can use this giant explosions...

Darkstorm Zero
I am afraid I have to go against the popular concensus on this issue, Akuma can't kill the entire SC cast on his own, not by a long shot, and not when you consider just how many guys there really are in SC2 and 3. not to mention the sheer power of some of thier characters, the 3 final bosses (Inferno boss of Soul Blade and Soul Caliburs 1 and 2, Abyss Boss of Soul Calibur 3, and Night Terror Secret Boss of Soul Calibur 3)

Creshosk
Siegfried has one, and Nightmare has one.

Dude... Nightmare IS Siegfried

Anyway, Street Fighter should take this. Even if some of the SC are better than some of the SF over all SF beats SC...

Tallis
Originally posted by Creshosk
Dude... Nightmare IS Siegfried

Anyway, Street Fighter should take this. Even if some of the SC are better than some of the SF over all SF beats SC...

WOW!!!! That just showed how much bad information you have.

Siegfried was once Nightmare he and Nightmare are now two different people.

Tha C-Master
WOW!!!! That just showed how much bad information you have.

Siegfried was once Nightmare he and Nightmare are now two different people. You're saying people don't know what they're talking about, but it really only seems you don't. Why in the hell isn't Shin Akuma canon, if all it is IS Akuma not holding back?

Darkstorm Zero
He's partially right though. In Soul Calibur 3, Seigfried broke free from Soul Edge's control, thats when he stabbed the demon blade with Soul Calibur, causing the power of both weapons to seal eachother.

At the same time, the concsious spirit of Soul Edge Escaped the demon blade as it was sealed and made it's way into the shattered Azure armour Siegfried tore off from himself when he was freed from it's control (the armour of Nightmare).

After waiting for a few weeks Zasalamel appeared, and exchanged a wordless conversation with it and agreed to help it. after casting a series of spells, the armour rose up on it's own and a new bizzarely shaped sword appeared in it's hand.

So in fact, the new Nightmare is Soul Edges living conciousness, it still feeds on souls, but it does seek to return to it's original body, and searches for a new host to carry the demon weapon once it recovers it's former body and power.

Nightmare now chases Sigfried, who is carrying the sealed forms of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur with him on a journey to permanently destroy the Demon Weapon.

Tha C-Master
I know all of that about SC, my point was more or less towards SF... usually people that are very knowledgeable about one thing are biased towards another.

Darkstorm Zero
Alright. Yes, Shin Akuma is Akuma, there is no distinction bitween the characters.

The only time this is not true is during Capcom vs SNK 2, where Akuma received an additional increase in power by receiving the Orochi power.

And Cyber Akuma receiving his upgrades from Apocalipse.

Other than that, Shin Akuma has Always been and will always be Akuma, just without limitation or restraint.

Tha C-Master
Right.

Sado-sama
Soul Calibur steamrolls Street Fighter and with ease might I add.

Shin_Nikkolas
Island-sinking punches >>> destroying some old armies.

Sado-sama
Wonderful, you compared an unproven ability (no one knows if the island was sunk) of a god-tier in Street Fighter to a high-tier character's feat from Soul Calibur.

Devastating a vast region by powering up to a next transformation while raining down meteors of fair sizes and epic proportions (Abyss) >>> "island-sinking punches". wink

Csdabest
HE DRAINED HIMSELF COMPLERTELY OF HIS ENERGY ZTO SINK THE ISLAND. Stop talking like he can poop our island sinking punches left and right. After he kills one. person...if he hits. Then what he is going to do. He screwed.

Sado-sama
That's correct for the most part. You do even a minimal amount of research on the technique (Kongo Kokuretsu Zan) used to destroy the island you'll find out from nearly every source that it's a technique where Akuma channels most of his energy into his fist. Why would it be described as that if Akuma can just throw these left and right during a fight? erm Why has he only used it on something he couldn't miss and not on an opponent? Probably because it isn't so effective in battle unless you're weak enough to get effected by just being in the area he's punching. And why, can't we state the obvious that the island crumbled? Why do we see it crumbling throughout the entire ending and Ryu saying it's disappearing? You think he would ask that if the island was sinking? laughing out loud

As for the video of Abyss' feat it's hard as hell to find on youtube. This is sad. erm

Sado-sama
exactly

SC is high to overrated!!

i Have to the most comics, all animes, 80% of ALL the SF GAmes, that is very MUCH, spend Thousends of Dollars on SF, play tournaments, talk with sf peeps on my msn over the whole world and NO NOOBS!!

so YES i do know what i'm talking about and Top Tiers of SF kills all Soul Calibur Characters!!OMFG!!! haermm crylaugh

Many...posts in this thread were funny, though I'm not stating who's was. I don't want to be...suspected.

Sado-sama
Made a slight mistake. It wasn't Zasalamel powering up before he did that. It was him being infused with the power of both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur (not at their prime). That is what caused the destruction of the region where he's fought. He's a powerhouse who can fly, has space-compressing attacks and can even levitate his scythe around.

Abyss is basically the weaker version of Night Terror.

Sado-sama
Oh and one more thing. You see, I used to hear counter-arguments from SF fans saying ok well, if people like the Vigoor Emperor etc. can destroy all this and yet not manage to destroy some weakling like Hayabusa, how will it be effective? To be honest I don't see the vast difference between that and asking if Akuma can destroy an island while not managing to destroy Ryu in the process, how will that be effective?

Apparent answer to both: bosses such as these have not used the same methods to pull off vast feats (like destroying islands, places of the world, etc. all in short periods of time) on their opponents; in other words they weren't aimed at. I hope this is obvious to everyone since people like Hayabusa, Ryu, and Siegfried cannot withstand the destruction of vast regions. erm

That or companies are pretty stupid, though I think my theory is better.

Sorry about the triple post. I thought my time between my posts have finished.

Csdabest
Yep. And when we do mention such a feat. well when i. It just to show an example of his power.

Sado-sama
Examples of their power are exactly what they are. Now about Akuma's technique being effective in battle, it would be of course to opponents who can't keep managing to dodge it, and that goes for every move that a character has.

I recently found out that we (as in most people here) go mostly by power and durability feats and usually ignore things such as characters' speed and experience.

Shin_Nikkolas
It's a fact, actually.

Just the SF n00bs deny it.

You are claiming it didn't happen then?

Disputing canon?

Nice.

I see you're taking the Sado22/Shin-gear "We'll lie and speculate" approach.

I dare you to find a single canon source saying that was the technique he used on the island.

And no, Wikipedia doesn't count.

I presume because it would kill most people and Akuma wants at least a bit of a fight. That's why he isn't Shin.

And as people who know things have already told you, Akuma wasn't Shin when he performed the feat and had just fought Ryu. So, the speculation "he used all his power in that blow" is completely baseless.

Like everything else the SF haters say.

Violent2Dope
First of all, Gouki did use KKZ to sink the island. Secondly, despite what some sources say, he isn't completely drained of power after using it, he wasn't Shin when he did it, and he just fought Ryu to a stalemate, logic tells you that. Also, SF will win this, mostly due to the weakness of a lot of the SC cast. The reason why the weaker characters like Xiangua, Kilik, and Maxi get victories over the powerhouses like Nightmare is because of plot devices, they are triple teaming him, and two of them have plot device weapons that are effective against NM and Soul Edge.

Shin_Nikkolas
And again, where is it said that was the technique he used to destroy the island?

Violent2Dope
A few sources, I would have to find them.

Shin_Nikkolas
Wiki and a few other sites like that say it. Nothing official as far as I know.

Fire Ninja
Kongouko-Restuzan did not even exist during alpha for godsakes

Shin_Nikkolas
^ is also a truth.

There is NO proof whatsoever that he did the move on the island.

The technique did not exist at the time and nothing says it was the move he used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.