Can Ideas Encourage Ignorance?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Storm

WrathfulDwarf
I disagree on this one. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. And ideas...well, they could be productive. If this was "Imagination Encourages Ignorance" then I would agree with that. The whole Intelligent Design topic for me is like any other topic I choose to remain neutral on it. I don't consider neither side to be ignorant...because to be honest...that in itself would be an ignorant judgement to make.

Dr. Zaius
Marxism.

Evil Dead
but by stating that (which is true) you do take a stance on the ID debate........as there is no knowledge contained within the pro-ID side. Knowledge is based directly on facts. Facts are determined by physical evidence and recordable data. Intelligent design offers no facts or recordable data.......therefore no knowledge........therefore ignorance. The same can be applied to any religion and/or god.

debbiejo
Will you change you friken sig.????

Evil Dead
no ma'am. C-dic made this for me like 2 years ago........I like it so I keep it.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Evil Dead
no ma'am. C-dic made this for me like 2 years ago........I like it so I keep it.

pitiful there bud...but on topic.................Ignnorance what this whole world is about.............

Strangelove

Great Vengeance
The absence of all ideas is complete ignorance. Adding ideas to that absence can never *increase* the ignorance you have, though some ideas decrease ignorance very little or none at all.

FoxMeister
Ignorance is ignoring proven facts and believing something. Like witches. They were just used as an excuse for bad things happening. Deep down they knew that witches were made up. Kind of a bad example BUT NONE THE LESS.

Atlantis001
I agree. Ideas can be used to create the illusion that you are doing something for yourself even if you are not. Ideas can give ya the illusion of confort and knowlegde, even if you are completely ignorant. But some people just want to feel safe, they do not want to evolve.

Regret

Fire
some ideas (like Intelligent Design) in my opinion don't help people to gain a better understanding of the world around them, wether or not this can be called ignorance, I don't know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.