Job Suggestions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grimm22
Hey, I need to get a job before the high school starts again and I dont know where I should work. Any Suggestions?

(Note: Im 17 so anyplace that requires to be 18 is out of the question)

Scottie
you should be a travelling traveller...you travel from town to town...people from around the world come to see you travelling...you dont get paid much but you get to travel

Grimm22
Originally posted by Scottie
you should be a travelling traveller...you travel from town to town...people from around the world come to see you travelling

Thats a great idea eek! ....

But I have to stay in the same place sad

The Pict
lets be serious here MacDonalds is the place for anyone who can't find a job

Grimm22
Originally posted by The Pict

Pass sick

Im not THAT desprete stick out tongue

The Pict
i was once

Scottie
Originally posted by The Pict

you know the Micky D's near Ikea at loanhead...i seen someone i went to high school working there...i felt so sorry for them

The Pict
Originally posted by Scottie
you know the Micky D's near Ikea at loanhead...i seen someone i went to high school working there...i felt so sorry for them

it can be a laugh, i worked at the one up at kinnaird park for 13 months and met some really cool people. that place can depress you though

Milkie
When i was your age I was (still am) Freelance Photographer. For me it's pretty easy. I've been around cameras all my life.

Depending on where you live will depend on the money you make.

Like if you live somewhere where there are no good photo opportunities or something then no you're not going to make good money unless you travel to different places. For me living in Brazil was a great start. I lived in a nice city and there where many spots to get great shots. My dad traveled alot of back then I went along with him sometimes to Rio, Sao Paulo and a lot of other different places
and I built up a lot of portfolios and sold a lot of pictures to different small magazine companies. The money is good. Friends my age would make what I mad in a week in a month but I had ups and downs everything was not milk and cookies all the time but the majority was.

If you have a talent I suggest you go after a job that is related to it. If not then a job at the movies or video store is nice I guess.

Mr. Sandman
Stores are your best bet when you are young. Clothing stores, movie stores, video game stores, etc.

taft
Become a prostitute. yes

DigiMark007
Apply to places you might want to work. Otherwise, someplace sh*tty will hire you and you'll be stuck. When I was that age, I only applied to places like movie theaters, bookstores, electronics stores, etc. Places where I'd actually use the perks and wouldn't mind working.

Lyna303
i worked at a restaurant as a hostess...i quit shortly afterwork becuase i didn't like to stand around for 4 hours...so don't be a hostess...unless you like to stand around doing almost nothing....

badabing
Originally posted by Grimm22
Hey, I need to get a job before the high school starts again and I dont know where I should work. Any Suggestions?

(Note: Im 17 so anyplace that requires to be 18 is out of the question)
Try to find a busboy job at a decent restaurant where the wait staff will tip you out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.