Dark Lord Maul vs. Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
In an alternate reality, Darth Maul survives after being thrown down into the Theed palace pits. He returns back to Sidious and continues training. Eventually, he becomes powerful enough and like all Sith, kills his master in his sleep.
Anyway, Darth Maul finds that Yoda is on the grassy plains of Dantooine. He confronts the little green Jedi and the two begin to duel.

Basically, it's full potential Darth Maul vs. Yoda

Round 1: Lightsaber
Round 2: Force
Round 3: Fighting
Round 4: Overall

Who will win????

Lightsnake
Well, Palpatine doesn't sleep so that's a bit of a conundrum...

Darth Sexy
1.Yoda
2.Yoda
3.Yoda
4.Yoda

Sith'ari
1. Maul.
2. Maul.
3. Maul.
4. Maul.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Sith'ari
1. Maul.
2. Maul.
3. Maul.
4. Maul. No. You have no proof. Stop and think before you speak. no expression

kamikz
What has Maul done to even be mentioned force wise? Because he was a well trained swordsman doesn't make him a force god, and Yoda is damn near one....

I though Maul was already a complete swordsman as well, and Yoda has beaten far better people than him....

Davin Maul
1: Yoda
2: Yoda
3: Maul
4: Yoda

Sith'ari
At the age of 24, Maul floored TPM Jinn in saber combat, who was said to be on par with TPM Windu in terms of swordsmanship - so I think that it's safe to say that TPM Maul > TPM Windu in saber combat.

Windu improved so much in those subsequent years (13) leading to ROTS, that he was powerful enough to be in the same league as Yoda (maybe slightly less powerful). This is clearly a huge improvement - from being on par with TPM Jinn to being in the same league as ROTS Yoda.

Now Maul was very young as of TPM (24) - he was still a sith apprentice and thus at an early stage of his development whereas Windu by TPM was already a senior member of the council and at the end of his jedi career, so seemingly on a relative scale wouldn't improve too much in those 13 years - especially considering as a senior member of the jedi council hardly saw too much combat whereas Maul as a sith apprentice (a tool to carry out the wishes) would likely see much more. Now I think it's safe to say that Maul would have improved more in those 13 years than Windu did.

These points lead me to believe that by ROTS, Maul would have gotten to Yoda's level (possibly surpass him), and he would have been 37 at this point. Now it seems that force users generally reach their peak by the age of 50, so add in 13 more years (Yoda would likely regress in these years - his saber capabilities is dependant on his force strength) and I think it's safe to say that Maul would pwn Yoda.

Sorry if this is not too clear, but I'm pretty sure that my reasoning is correct.

Oh, and this is only in regards to saber combat.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
In an alternate reality, Darth Maul survives after being thrown down into the Theed palace pits. He returns back to Sidious and continues training. Eventually, he becomes powerful enough and like all Sith, kills his master in his sleep.
Anyway, Darth Maul finds that Yoda is on the grassy plains of Dantooine. He confronts the little green Jedi and the two begin to duel.

Basically, it's full potential Darth Maul vs. Yoda

Round 1: Lightsaber
Round 2: Force
Round 3: Fighting
Round 4: Overall

Who will win????

That's the sad part. It is like having battles with Full Potential Anakin. You have no clue how strong Maul would be but I doubt he would be as stong as Yoda.

All rounds go to Yoda

Davin Maul
I think it should be obvious that Maul could pwn Yoda in physical fighting (kicks, punches) because he was younger and he was an expert in Teras Kasi. But in a Force battle, Maul wouldn't have a chance. Yoda had spent nearly 900 years devoted to learning the ways of the force. I believe it would be a near deadlock in lightsaber because Maul used his martial fighting skills and incorporated them into his attack style (juyo). I believe it all depends on terrain. Yoda would need more space to fight (ataru needs open areas) than maul and since they're on Dantooine, advantage=Yoda. He can even hid in the grass

Lightsnake
In a saber duel, Maul's chances are less than zero...

Spartan ll
Originally posted by Lightsnake
In a saber duel, Maul's chances are less than zero... ..the same goes for Force Power aswell,from what we've seen from Yoda.

kamikz
Yeah, I mean, even the Novel stated that Maul would not improve anymore, he had been taught all that he could've been taught and would never get any better, wasn't that what it said?
He was a master at his saber style, so how much more could he really have improved? And his force "mastery" is a joke at best, I wonder how much he would really grow in force powers, but considering Yoda had the second highest midichlorian count in the order except for Anakin, and 800 years of force mastery, and a defence against every single force technique, I doubt Maul would get close to him....

Could someone give me the full quote on where it says Mace=Qui-Gon? Was that someone's opinion, or the narrator describing it?

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by kamikz
Yeah, I mean, even the Novel stated that Maul would not improve anymore, he had been taught all that he could've been taught and would never get any better, wasn't that what it said?
He was a master at his saber style, so how much more could he really have improved? And his force "mastery" is a joke at best, I wonder how much he would really grow in force powers, but considering Yoda had the second highest midichlorian count in the order except for Anakin, and 800 years of force mastery, and a defence against every single force technique, I doubt Maul would get close to him....

Could someone give me the full quote on where it says Mace=Qui-Gon? Was that someone's opinion, or the narrator describing it? I believe that was narration stating that Mace=Qui-Gon.

Sith'ari
Actually I'm pretty sure it was an opinion.

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by Sith'ari
Actually I'm pretty sure it was an opinion. Prove up?

Sith'ari
Hold up, you refuse to prove that it was narration, yet you expect me to prove that it was an opinion? Wow..

kamikz
@ Saboteur: Can you do the same? Can someone give me the actual page or the whole sentance?

Sith'ari
It's weird, I have the novel on my pc and it doesn't seem to be in there.

Lord Saboteur
@Sith'Ari: Ain't having that like having an ROM and not possessing the original game?

@ Saboteur: Can you do the same? Can someone give me the actual page or the whole sentance? Thanks to you I ravaged my room and found my TPM novel, as of this post I'm finding the quote, kthnx. Here's some quotes on Qui-Gon's abilities:

Qui-Gon Jinn was one of the most able swordsmen in the Jedi order. The Jedi Master he had trained under had considered him one of the best the Master had taught in his more than four hundred years in the order. Qui-Gon had fought in conflicts all across the galaxy in the span of his life and against odds so great that many others would not have stood a chance. He had survived battles that had tested his skill and resolve in every conceivable way.
But on this day, he had met his match. The Sith Lord he battled with Obi-Wan was more than his equal in weapons training and he had the advantage of being younger and stronger. Qui-Gon was nearing sixty; his youth was behind him and his strength was beginning to diminish. His edge now, to the extent that he had one, came from his long experience and intuitive grasp of how an adversary might employ a lightsaber against him.

- Page 284, paragraphs one and two. Meh, I'm gonna keep looking through it for that quote; I think I might've skimmed by it. no expression

kamikz
I appreciate that you took all that trouble to find it for me, really, thanks.

Lord Saboteur
I appreciate that you took all that trouble to find it for me, really, thanks. You're welcome, in reality I've been looking for a week for that. I just needed to move some old game magazines out of the way for it. no expression And I've only read the Darth Maul vs. QGJ, Jedi Council scenes and the DotF and I've found nil.

luk_im_ubar
EDIT due to annoying factor

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by luk_im_ubar
WELL MAUL HAS MAD COOL HORNS AND HE HAS TEH BIGFGER LITESAVER SO HE WINS AUTOMATICALLY No, just no.

Mesirus
1)Maul - if he survived and beat kenobi then he would probably beat yoda in saber
2)Yoda - Thats just obvious
3) fighting? you mean hand to hand? maul i guess
4)Maul, yoda rarely uses force unless its a block, so if maul won the lightsaber fight he'l win this

luk_im_ubar
Originally posted by Lord Saboteur
No, just no.

Mesirus
luk ur insane >_> don't clutter up a perfectly good forum with your crap

luk_im_ubar

Lord Saboteur
Originally posted by luk_im_ubar
YUR NO JUST NO CUZ MALL COOD PICK HIM UP AND PUT HIS HORNS ON YODA AND THEN WAT WOOD YODA DO ILL TELL U NOTHING BCUZ YODA DOZNT LIKE THINGZ IN HIM XEPT 4 MACEZ MACE LOLOLZZ So you're saying Maul's a homo? LOL.

luk_im_ubar

Captain REX
Please don't type in caps, it's an eyesore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.