What is the most harmful ingredient in cigarettes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flamboyant4Life
Out of the 2,000+ Chemicals in cigarettes what is the most hazardous to health? Just curious.

Mindship
Advertising.

Capt_Fantastic
Good call. I'd say fire was a close second.

Mmmmmmhhhh...cigarettes are delicious!

Bardock42
Nicotine.

PVS
i dont know which is most dangerous, but they do put ammonia in cigarettes. most notably phillip morris

Flamboyant4Life
I was thinking it was either nicotine or tar. But they do have small traces of rat poison in them.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I was thinking it was either nicotine or tar. But they do have small traces of rat poison in them. It's still Nicotine.

Darth_Erebus
Nicotine is what makes tobacco (all forms, not just cigarettes) addictive but it's the tar that does the most damage. Tar builds up in the lungs and hampers breathing. Tar also destroys lung tissue. Tar is the black resiny substance in cigarette residue, stains, and burns.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Nicotine is what makes tobacco (all forms, not just cigarettes) addictive but it's the tar that does the most damage. Tar builds up in the lungs and hampers breathing. Tar also destroys lung tissue. Tar is the black resiny substance in cigarette residue, stains, and burns.

That may be but Nicotine still is the most dangerous...very poisonous I believe to have heard and therefore know.

silver_tears
It's claimed some contain arsenic, formaldehyde, DDT, lead, and cyanide.

Flamboyant4Life
Yes that is true.

Penelope
The scent itself is enough to kill a person.

Evil Dead
that's why I smoke marijuana cigarettes...........no harmful chemicals.......just sweet, sweet THC.

debbiejo
Hm..................embombinmg type fluid..........forget its name.

oh really???

Evil Dead
sadly I can no longer partake in the goodness of that sweet, sweet herb due to drug testing at work. I must admit I am limited to only smoking Marlboro lights.

debbiejo
100's

forumcrew
Originally posted by Bardock42
Nicotine.

yes without the addiction the other ingredients wouldnt cause as much damage.

debbiejo
People here in MI kinda roll there own with pure tobacco with non of the other ingredients.............cheap too. from I hear a cartine is like 60 bucks...............these people do it for about 15.

Evil Dead
wtf?

a carton of Marlboros cost $27.....MI, KY, OH, anywhere........

where you from in MI? I'm from Ypsilanti

Bardock42
Originally posted by forumcrew
yes without the addiction the other ingredients wouldnt cause as much damage.

Yeah...well...and it is a really strong nerve poison....

debbiejo
Originally posted by Evil Dead
wtf?

a carton of Marlboros cost $27.....MI, KY, OH, anywhere........

where you from in MI? I'm from Ypsilanti You're from Ypsi??...................oh no.............cartons at the least are like 40, this is why people here are starting tto roll their own............a cartin would be like maybe 10-15..............really low

btw I am about 50 mins from you.

WickedTexasMomA
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
I was thinking it was either nicotine or tar. But they do have small traces of rat poison in them. So does sweet N Low and some sugars, but does that stop millions of people from drinking tea?? Nope

mechmoggy
Nicotine is pretty much harmless to the human body, although it is highly addictive.

Smoking the stuff is what damages the body I'm afraid.

xmarksthespot
erm Pure nicotine is toxic...

Bardock42
Originally posted by mechmoggy
Nicotine is pretty much harmless to the human body, although it is highly addictive.

Smoking the stuff is what damages the body I'm afraid.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Wrong.

xmarksthespot
It may not be the most harmful though...

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It may not be the most harmful though...

Well, it's certainly what makes tobacco the most useful suicide method....

xmarksthespot
Bad for you... but it feels relatively nice at the time... a lot of things are like that...

Bardock42
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Bad for you... but it feels relatively nice at the time... a lot of things are like that...

Well, if we are talking about what is the worst ingredient for you when smoking a cigarette then...what do I know...but Nicotine is a fast and certain death if you take it....

xmarksthespot
Definitely not a good idea to snort it...

Soleran
or inject it!

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Good call. I'd say fire was a close second.

Mmmmmmhhhh...cigarettes are delicious!

Interesting...

FeceMan
To answer the question posed in the thread title:

The willingness of people to slowly kill themselves over an odious, foul-tasting substance like tobacco.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.