Qui-Gon & Kenobi [TPM] vs. Bastilla Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
Setting - the Naboo palace from TPM. Doors open and there stands Bastilla Shan for whatever bizarre reason. She activates her double-bladed lightsaber and then the 2 jedi follow her example and prepare for a fight to the death.
Who will emerge victorious?

Sesse
That Jediwannabe can't even defeat 2 mercenaries with blasters alone!

Captain REX
Unsure. Bastila was apparently quite the prodigy, but Kenobi and Jinn are quite formidable.

Akira99
So the winner is/are?

Sith Lord Windu
obi and QGJ would, her only special power was battle meditation, shes average in combat and i seriously doubt she could take on OWK and QGJ and win.

Quinlan_Vos
Well Bastila was considered to be one of the strongest Jedi during her time period.
In the Force, Bastila has a lot of arsenal, ranging from Force statis, force pull and push, force horror, force whirlwind, force stun, and battle meditation.

However, Qui-Gon was one of the most skilled Jedi swordsmen of his time. Plus he's got Obi. The two both know Ataru so they can work together to fend off Bastila.

Let's look at the Maul vs. Obi and Qui-Gon. Maul kills Jinn and only loses Obi because he was a bit overconfident. Bastila is stronger than Maul so if she uses her surroundings well, she'll take this. But it will be a close fight.

Darth Sexy
I'm sorry, why do you even need both of these characters to defeat Bastila? From what we know, she was an average Jedi with superb Battle Meditation. This was all she had and it isn't relevant to a 1 on 1.

Quinlan_Vos
What do you mean by average Jedi? She was one of the strongest during her time period. Only some few Jedi Masters could beat her. And yes, she does have super battle meditation. So if she manages to kick Obi and Qui-Gon off one of the platforms, she can go in a corner and do Battle Meditation. Then come back and wipe the floor out of the two Jedi. Of course, she doesn't have to do that.

Advent
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Well Bastila was considered to be one of the strongest Jedi during her time period.

And Qui-Gon is described as one of the Order's finest swordsman.

Canonical? Prove it.

Canonical? Prove it.

Canonical? Prove it.

Uh, no. She's not. You have to prove that first, you cannot just say it. And given it's not common acceptance around here that Bastila > Maul - you definitely do have to prove that.

So if she manages to kick Obi and Qui-Gon off one of the platforms, she can go in a corner and do Battle Meditation. Then come back and wipe the floor out of the two Jedi. Of course, she doesn't have to do that.

Ahahahahahahahaha.

She cannot do that. Battle Meditation doesn't work on yourself. And it's impossible for her to meditate, because she'd have to sit down, get into position, and so on. By that time, she'd already have her head chopped off. Quit being a fanboy, her BM is useless in a duel.

Quinlan_Vos
Well, if you played KOTOR and faced off against Bastila on the Star Forge, she did use those Force moves. And I would hope that KOTOR is canonical. And if that doesn't aid me, then several sources online confirm that she does. (Wookie, answer.com, etc)

Personally, I am not being a fanboy, since I am not much of a fan of Bastila. Second of all, I told she wouldn't do that. I mean, why her waste time doing all that. I was just saying it was possible, but most likely not.

Sesse
Just put lvl 6 bastila against something bigger than a Kinrath and you will see.

Quinlan_Vos
Bastila Shan was a powerful Jedi. Her strong Force sense, and her fighting strength, and sheer will to perform BM made her one of the Sith's most feared enemies. Yes, the Sith hunted her for her BM, but apart from that, she was also a skilled Jedi. She was the leader of the strike team to kill Darth Revan, and in a cutscene we see her kill the last of Revan's guards. And Revan's guards cannot just be a walk in the park. She also survived the blast that almost killed Revan. In addition, she managed to give a Revan a run for his money during their intense duel on the Star Forge. And, even if not important, she was one of the members of Revan's party during their hunt for the Star Maps. Bastila too faced the many trials on their journeys from planet and planet, so this too must have made her stronger.

Akira99
Level 6? What does that mean Sesse?

Quinlan_Vos
@ Sesse

Maybe your Bastila ended up only as a Lv 6, instead of something a lot higher.

@ akira99

I think he means KOTOR, where you have to level up your characters. I think sesse only got Bastila to lv 6 in the 60 hours + you play KOTOR.

Advent
Well, if you played KOTOR and faced off against Bastila on the Star Forge, she did use those Force moves.

Well, my Revan knew Death Field, and all the other Force moves. Does Revan know them as well? No. It's not canonical she had those powers. Depicted in a cutscene? Nope. And I don't remember her actually using those powers in my game at the end.

Wookie = fallible, third party source. Unofficial.
Answer = Wookie's sister. Fallible, third party source. Also unofficial.

KOTOR's storyline, and what you see depicted in cutscenes is canon. Gameplay is not.

It isn't possible though, so what are exactly trying to argue? You cannot use Battle Meditation on yourself. It's impossible. When you use it in a war, in a battle - you must be meditating for it to work. You cannot break your concentration or it will wear off. Simple as that.

Plus, like I said, you can't use it on yourself anyways.

kamikz
Well, if you played KOTOR and faced off against Bastila on the Star Forge, she did use those Force moves. And I would hope that KOTOR is canonical. And if that doesn't aid me, then several sources online confirm that she does. (Wookie, answer.com, etc)

Personally, I am not being a fanboy, since I am not much of a fan of Bastila. Second of all, I told she wouldn't do that. I mean, why her waste time doing all that. I was just saying it was possible, but most likely not.

It's just gameplay. It wouldn't be fun to face off against persons with an arsenal of 2 powers now would it? That place was also very enclosed, I doubt she could cannonically even use powers well in that fight....

Sith'ari
While she can't use her extraordinary BM in the fight, surely it suggests that she must have been incredibly powerful in the force.

Darth Kreiger
Well considering that you can use cheat mode and put her to 50 with every force power/feat, you can't really decide this. It also depends if the Player chooses Dark or Light, her strength would be differant

Akira99
About this Battle Meditation Bastilla uses. Is it like the charge up type where Qui-Gon is meditating while he and Maul are seperated by the force fields and then unleash?

Quinlan_Vos
Yes, they may be unofficial. However, only a few things I read on their websites are truly false.

Well all the cutscenes show the end of battles (viz. Revan vs. Bastila Star Forge, Revan vs. Malak Star Forge). So, truly you cannot expect me to argue you against man, sad .

Yeah, well your Revan was on the Dark Side right, therefore he sided with Bastila on Rakata Prime. So he didn't fight Bastila on the Star Forge. Of course I am assuming that. Don't argue with me on that.

However, advent, another point is Malak making Bastila his apprentice. Yes, he desired her BM, but she could be just doing that instead. Why did Malak send Bastila to kill Revan? I hardly doubt he knew Revan had feelings for her. Malak knew that besides her BM, Bastila was a powerful Jedi and would be a powerful Sith.

And besides, how is Maul better than Bastila?

Quinlan_Vos
@ akira

I believe so. And if that is the case, she could do that.

Finally, if you guys wish to see the opinions of those more smarter than I in the ways of SW Versus Forums. Plz

Type "Maul vs. Bastila" in the search button and click the first link.

Sesse
They came up with Bastila for Kotor.

As they did Revan. You have seen how she performs. To imagine anything else is foolish.

Sith Lord Windu
look, most things from KOTOR (exept names, locations, ect) cant be confirmed to be true (ie, force powers used, ect). for all intents and perposes lets say that bastila uses force push, pull but cant use BM as it takes too long to do and fighting cuts your connection with it. QGJ and OWK uses the same, as thier jedi... now who wins.

oh and by the way, maul is better than bastila by miles, in saber skills.

Quinlan_Vos
All right prove it.

Quinlan_Vos
Okay, nvm. The point of this thread is to see whether the two Jedi can beat Bastila. Maul may be better than Bastila. But the point is whether the two Jedi can beat her.

jollyjim311
Qui Gon is described as the best lightsaber fighter Obi Wan had ever seen and was on par with Mace Windu as of TPM. Also, him using the force spirit has to say something about his connection to the force and control.

Akira99
I've not read any of the books so I probably don't know what I'm talking about but when I saw Qui-Gon in ep 1 he seemed to me like a very powerful tier 1 jedi master - 6'4 has a great knowledge of the force and swordmaster but he seemed frail and weak in some way. Like when he is ambushed by Maul - it seems he lacks stamina or something. It didn't make sense as a jedi aging shouldn't really affect his/her performance in battle - look at Dooku.
Nevertheless I still don't know enough about Shan to say who would win.

jollyjim311
Well, Dooku uses Makashi, and that's very energy efficient. Also, when he was ambushed he had no time to concentrate and amplify his abilities, plus, he was fighting on Tattoine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.