Is God...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lord Urizen
I really would like to know. Here are the reasons for my assumption:

1) According to the 3 mainstream religions: Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam, God is Male.

2) He has no girlfreind. He has no wife. He created without the aid of a female force.

3) He is Patriarichal. In the Bible, Torah, and Quran he seems to VERY MUCH Favor man over woman.

4) All the Angels presented in the Bible are MALE, or atleast most of them are. Now why does God not have female angels ? Is not the purpose of being male to couple with a female ? What's the point of having a gender if you lack the other ?

5) According to many sources, God doesn't have sex. Why not ?

6) Then again, some say when we have an Orgasm we are recieving the same "creation" feeling God had when he created the Geocentric Universe, and the Garden and all that crap.....so that means God DOES have sex, no ? If so, with who ?

7) Holy Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All MALE....hmm....can someone say THREESOME ?

8) Why did Jesus have 12 MALE Apostles? Why did Jesus get baptized NAKED by his male cousin John? Hmm.......

9) Speaking of Jesus, why did he not have a wife? A girlfreind? A fling..why did he spend most of his time with men ? Hmmm........

10) He created the Garden of Eden......only Gay people make Gardens lol laughing

11) When I recall the story of Adam and Eve, i recall God making ADAM FIRST.....then Adam asking for someone to prevent him from being lonely. Only THEN did God create woman out of his rib....

Does that mean God didn't plan to create women in the first place?

If so, why not ? Is it cuz he's Gay ?

Imperial_Samura
Yes. God is definitely gay, but sadly he has been driven into the closet by ignorant parts of his creation. However, as this following, completely true comic shows (it is far more accurate then the Chick Tracts) there was a time he made his feelings known...

pr1983
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

1) According to the 3 mainstream religions: Christianity, Judiasm, and Islam, God is Male.

2) He has no girlfreind. He has no wife. He created without the aid of a female force.

3) He is Patriarichal. In the Bible, Torah, and Quran he seems to VERY MUCH Favor man over woman.

4) All the Angels presented in the Bible are MALE, or atleast most of them are. Now why does God not have female angels ? Is not the purpose of being male to couple with a female ? What's the point of having a gender if you lack the other ?

6) Then again, some say when we have an Orgasm we are recieving the same "creation" feeling God had when he created the Geocentric Universe, and the Garden and all that crap.....so that means God DOES have sex, no ? If so, with who ?

7) Holy Trinity: Father, Son, Holy Spirit. All MALE....hmm....can someone say THREESOME ?

8) Why did Jesus have 12 MALE Apostles? Why did Jesus get baptized NAKED by his male cousin John? Hmm.......

9) Speaking of Jesus, why did he not have a wife? A girlfreind? A fling..why did he spend most of his time with men ? Hmmm........

10) He created the Garden of Eden......only Gay people make Gardens lol laughing

11) When I recall the story of Adam and Eve, i recall God making ADAM FIRST.....then Adam asking for someone to prevent him from being lonely. Only THEN did God create woman out of his rib....

no expression

i sincerely hope this is a joke...

a being as powerful as god (assuming he exists), would imo, be above gender or sexual preference...

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by pr1983
no expression

a being as powerful as god (assuming he exists), would imo, be above gender or sexual preference...

One can only wonder, as that seems like the most logical thing, why God apparently gets so upset about sex. Even in exiling Adam and Eve from the garden, it is amazing how quickly his mind turned towards sex and reproduction.

And Eve - he makes a companion for Adam - one perfectly suited to have sex with him. Hmmm.

And he got so upset with Gay people he went and killed cities full of them. Hmmmm.

For one who by rights should be way above gender or sexual preference he certainly has paid a great deal of attention to it over the years.

pr1983
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
One can only wonder, as that seems like the most logical thing, why God apparently gets so upset about sex. Even in exiling Adam and Eve from the garden, it is amazing how quickly his mind turned towards sex and reproduction.

And Eve - he makes a companion for Adam - one perfectly suited to have sex with him. Hmmm.

And he got so upset with Gay people he went and killed cities full of them. Hmmmm.

For one who by rights should be way above gender or sexual preference he certainly has paid a great deal of attention to it over the years.

Dude... alot of the bible is full of shit... erm

i don't believe for a second that any being that powerful, who supposedly believes in treating your fellow man the way you would wish to be treated, would murder that many people just for being homosexual...

Imperial_Samura
Dude... alot of the bible is full of shit... erm

You don't need to tell me that. And I'm just playing along. Assuming, from the Bible, that if God himself is not a sexual being (unlike the wonderful polytheistic religions of Greece, Rome and so on) he still understands it all, and by rights would be equally accepting of homosexuality as heterosexuality, and aware that certain of his images and actions could, in the right light, be viewd as platonic (which goes agains the whole reproduce of else mentality) or almost homosexual.

pr1983
You don't need to tell me that. And I'm just playing along. Assuming, from the Bible, that if God himself is not a sexual being (unlike the wonderful polytheistic religions of Greece, Rome and so on) he still understands it all, and by rights would be equally accepting of homosexuality as heterosexuality, and aware that certain of his images and actions could, in the right light, be viewd as platonic (which goes agains the whole reproduce of else mentality) or almost homosexual.

Oh, i agree, given todays standards and attitudes towards sex and sexuality, alot of older literature and art could be perceived as having sexual undertones when none existed at the time...

Captain REX
Dude, God's bisexual. He loves everyone equally. ermm

debbiejo
God is in all creative processes, which includes all experiences...........

Imperial_Samura
Oh, i agree, given todays standards and attitudes towards sex and sexuality, alot of older literature and art could be perceived as having sexual undertones when none existed at the time...

Yet so much of it did when it came to the birth of religions in the past. Oh how many dealt with things like creation with allegories of human sexual reproduction, how many of them had erotic elements as sex was a divine thing, life giving, enjoyable - the mind, correctly prepared, could theoretically in some see the truth or God/gods, or the everything at the moment of orgasm at the conclusion of a carnal ritual.

I have never seen any evidence that the Bible was significantly removed from such beliefs. So much of it has links to pagan traditions and the like. I find it terribly easy to believe that sexual undertones that a person might interpret in the Bible could very well be present, as a sign of the times when it was created, a natural part of things. It is very symbolic, very metaphorical and at times allegorical. One can't rule out that its creators (humans, sexual beings that they often are) wove at least a little sexuality into it.

Or maybe he is just really, really drunk (a gift of everlasting wine from Dionysus) - you know, the way some drunk people are all like "I love you. I love all of you. Love... yeah, I love you. Hey, watchew looking at, I'm going to put a plague on you... woah! How'd I get down here in the gutter?"

debbiejo
In many religions god is both male and female just as mentioned in the Bible in the word El (this is the real word for god)...........the pronoun and certain verbs makes it either male or female, this is why there is a real problem of it being male or female, only pleural................yet if god can be of all things than it could be in and in all things that it created..

pr1983
Yet so much of it did when it came to the birth of religions in the past. Oh how many dealt with things like creation with allegories of human sexual reproduction, how many of them had erotic elements as sex was a divine thing, life giving, enjoyable - the mind, correctly prepared, could theoretically in some see the truth or God/gods, or the everything at the moment of orgasm at the conclusion of a carnal ritual.

I have never seen any evidence that the Bible was significantly removed from such beliefs. So much of it has links to pagan traditions and the like. I find it terribly easy to believe that sexual undertones that a person might interpret in the Bible could very well be present, as a sign of the times when it was created, a natural part of things. It is very symbolic, very metaphorical and at times allegorical. One can't rule out that its creators (humans, sexual beings that they often are) wove at least a little sexuality into it.

That could be true, though the fact that the attitude to sex nowadays is so different to what it used to be would make me less inclined to believe that the bible was full of sexual innuendo (in its own way)

laughing thats like something from family guy...

Lord Urizen
no expression

Then why would he CARE what our sexual preferences are, if he's so powerful and above gender and sexual preference ?

Thanks for raising such an important question...thumb up

FeceMan
Stop making threads that have no purpose aside from sending the equivalent of verbal douche cascading down upon us hapless posters.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by FeceMan
Stop making threads that have no purpose aside from sending the equivalent of verbal douche cascading down upon us hapless posters.

Go Eat some Sh*t Master of Excrements !

If this thread had no purpose, it'd be closed by now, not up for DAYS

Bardock42

Lets test it.

FeceMan

Yeah, there was another thread that was like this that was up FOR DAYS. WEEKS EVEN. It turns out that the mods don't really patrol this area.

Lord Urizen
Yeah, there was another thread that was like this that was up FOR DAYS. WEEKS EVEN. It turns out that the mods don't really patrol this area.

Didn't I tell you to go eat **** ?

Bardock42

Well, you posting inappropriate posts probably won't help the thread much.

FeceMan
I don't eat it, I control it. Which is why I'm surprised at my inability to manipulate this thread.

Bardock42
I don't eat it, I control it. Which is why I'm surprised at my inability to manipulate this thread.

Well, you know what you are saying with that, right?

FeceMan
That Jesus loves everyone, even people who make shit threads like these.

DanZeke25
No, Chuck Norris is not gay.

BackFire
I think Jesus may have been gay.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by BackFire
I think Jesus may have been gay.

So do I...I heard a religion teacher say that Jesus and John were close...

Very close droolio

Dr. Zaius
So do I...I heard a religion teacher say that Jesus and John were close...

Very close droolio

Lord U, adopting this type of tone is childish and counter productive. How do you expect people to engage you in a discussion on religion, if you insist on mocking their beliefs in this type of inflammatory manner?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Lord U, adopting this type of tone is childish and counter productive. How do you expect people to engage you in a discussion on religion, if you insist on mocking their beliefs in this type of inflammatory manner?

dance

Dr. Zaius
dance

You are truly a funny human being. cool

Bardock42
You are truly an idiot cool

Fixed that for you.

FeceMan
LOLZ GOD LIEKS TEH PENIS AN TEH ASS OF LITTLE BOIZ

Is this thread doing anything aside from pontificating?

Evil Dead
in all seriousness......... using the Christian religion as reference....

Man was made in god's image.
Some men are gay.
A part of god must be gay, as gay men were made in his image.

Draco69
If God were gay, you'd think he would make the world more fashionable. I mean only TWO eyes? Pfft. He should added three more...

ChancellorGohan
If God were gay, then he not produce the universe. Because Gay people cant reproduce.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Evil Dead
in all seriousness......... using the Christian religion as reference....

Man was made in god's image.
Some men are gay.
A part of god must be gay, as gay men were made in his image.

Capt_Fantastic
Is this thread doing anything aside from pontificating?

yes, it is also undulating.

Sam Z

Um...man, God in Islam- male?!What the f**k?

leonheartmm
if god was gay then jesus was a test tube baby!

Nellinator
God gay? Urizen, you need to see beyond yourself. Please move on from your homosexuality arguments. You consistently seek to justify your attraction to men. The Bible says it is a sin, but it is up to you to decide whether or not the Bible is true. You can believe in sin or not. Please choose whether or not you believe and stop trying to justify your actions when we have already expressed our opinions. I can stop you from continuing, but I can ask to stop this pointless debate.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
God gay? Urizen, you need to see beyond yourself. Please move on from your homosexuality arguments. You consistently seek to justify your attraction to men. The Bible says it is a sin, but it is up to you to decide whether or not the Bible is true. You can believe in sin or not. Please choose whether or not you believe and stop trying to justify your actions when we have already expressed our opinions. I can stop you from continuing, but I can ask to stop this pointless debate.

It sounds like he has already decided what is true to him. I agree, this thread is not the best thread, but I understand where he is coming from. People who are gay, have a difficult time with the Christian community because many Christians are more judgmental then loving.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
It sounds like he has already decided what is true to him. I agree, this thread is not the best thread, but I understand where he is coming from. People who are gay, have a difficult time with the Christian community because many Christians are more judgmental then loving.

Bingo ! Happy Dance

Lord Urizen

And F.Y.I. Oh might one, I aint justifying Shit...

I dont need to justify anything to people over the fkn internet...get over yourself. roll eyes (sarcastic)

It's a humorous question, and I'd like someone to challenge it, if they CAN...

You guys take this shit too seriously...its just a website..its just a thread...if you don't like the topic, THEN DON'T RESPOND.

That simple.

Spearhead

um, ok

2) He has no girlfreind. He has no wife. He created without the aid of a female force

um, ok

Perhaps, but then again, who wrote the Bible? God, or the people at the time, who also happened to favor man over woman?

Angels are spirits rather than people. Perhaps manifestations of God?

Perhaps he's asexual in that he's not attracted to either gender.

6) Then again, some say when we have an Orgasm we are recieving the same "creation" feeling God had when he created the Geocentric Universe, and the Garden and all that crap.....so that means God DOES have sex, no ? If so, with who

Some people may say this...does that mean it's true? Moreover, we do not live in a geocentric solar system, which further proves these people to be idiots.

That's right, a father having sexual relationships with his son. Seriously, think before you type.

a) At the time of Jesus and his followers, females had virtually no power or say in anything, and in a crusade where people need to be heard to get a point across, well...need I say more?

b) Nudity = purity

Does Magdalena mean nothing to you?

10) He created the Garden of Eden......only Gay people make Gardens lol

Keep your idiotic preconceptions out of this. If you can prove to me that every gardner in existance is gay, then I'll concede this point to you.

When I recall the story of Adam and Eve, i recall God making ADAM FIRST.....then Adam asking for someone to prevent him from being lonely. Only THEN did God create woman out of his rib....

If you recall the remainder of the tale of Adam and Eve, you'll remember that the moral of the story is that the downfall of man is woman. Would it then make sense for a woman to come first, or a man?

No, because he could have just made Adam another male companion.

Or how about this idea--God has no physical form, and therefore no gender...and therefore this entire topic is irrelevant.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Spearhead
Or how about this idea--God has no physical form, and therefore no gender...and therefore this entire topic is irrelevant.

Good Job thumb up

This is the kind of answer I was looking for.

The majority of Christians STILL buy into the idea that God is truly male, and that men are truly superior to women.

They also beleive that God actually GIVES a shit who we have sex with, and wants us all to be the same.

Thanks for bringing that question up.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by ChancellorGohan
If God were gay, then he not produce the universe. Because Gay people cant reproduce.

No more then a a man without a women, or a women without a man, can reproduce. But then most would say such rules don't apply to God.

Nellinator
The majority of Christians STILL buy into the idea that God is truly male, and that men are truly superior to women.

They also beleive that God actually GIVES a shit who we have sex with, and wants us all to be the same.

Thanks for bringing that question up.
I don't know any Christians who say that God is male. It is as spearhead said: God has no physical form. We all seem to have an agreeance here. Good.

But, God does care who we have sex with. God cares if they are not your spouse, and God cares whether or not they are of the same sex. God intended man for his wife and wife for her husband only. God wants us all to be Christ-like, but he GAVE us different personality characteristics to make us unique.

Imperial_Samura
I don't know any Christians who say that God is male. Good.

*Cough* JesusIsAlive *cough*

God effectively told Adam and Eve they would be having sex. Had they been married?

Nellinator
God effectively told Adam and Eve they would be having sex. Had they been married?
"The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame" Genesis 2:24.
Yes they were married.

Imperial_Samura
"The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame" Genesis 2:24.
Yes they were married.

Who married them? Is God capable of marrying two people? Theoretically, could two people simply pray to God "marry" us and then consider it so - or do they still need to follow the path of the Churches in order to be married?

I guess what I am asking what is the simplist requirement of marriage there are - because certainly the marriage of Adam and Eve would have to be different from those of the Churches over the many millenia.

Nellinator
Who married them? Is God capable of marrying two people? Theoretically, could two people simply pray to God "marry" us and then consider it so - or do they still need to follow the path of the Churches in order to be married?

I guess what I am asking what is the simplist requirement of marriage there are - because certainly the marriage of Adam and Eve would have to be different from those of the Churches over the many millenia.
A good question and one that I have mulled over before. I am under the impression that when God created Eve for Adam it was UNDERSTOOD that they were married. Even today Christian weddings involve marrying before God. Therefore, I believe that marriage is ordained by God, not man. As societies grew larger and more complex a marriage structure developed with it as per human nature.

maham
The REAL q: R U STUPID? erm

marcu
This is the stupidest thread I have ever come across. Get a grip people. First of all, God wanted his followers to remain single, but he new that the temptation of sex was great. Thus he introduced marraige, cause he new we would fail badly. You saying that God is Gay is the dumbest thing I have ever heard and not even worth a debate. Grow up!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by marcu
This is the stupidest thread I have ever come across. Get a grip people. First of all, God wanted his followers to remain single, but he new that the temptation of sex was great. Thus he introduced marraige, cause he new we would fail badly. You saying that God is Gay is the dumbest thing I have ever heard and not even worth a debate. Grow up!

God wanted us to be single? eek! Then why didn't god make us reproduce Asexually.

I don't think you have much room to be critical about stupidity.

FeceMan
That's one of the most retarded posts ever.

Nellinator
However he is right when he says that this is a stupid thread.

Shakyamunison
However he is right when he says that this is a stupid thread.

But you don't have to be very smart to realize that.

Nellinator
Very true.

Atlantis001
I was wondering how much time it will take for someone to create a thread named like this.

Things are more predictable than I thought.

Jim Reaper
Ask a roman catholic priest... They don't seem to mind.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Atlantis001
I was wondering how much time it will take for someone to create a thread named like this.

Things are more predictable than I thought.
I'm pretty sure this is a repeat.

LOL GOD IS GHEY HEE HAW HEE HEE HAW LOLLERIFFIC AND STUFF

Imperial_Samura

Funny how God seemed to have specifically designed man and women to be sexually compatible. And considering there was no hint at sex before God told them "Oh yeah, and Eve, your punishment is having babies. So get to work with Adam when he gets back from the fields and killing the poor snakes who I am also damning."

Alliance
The Christian god must be gay...it explains many things.

FeceMan
Funny how God seemed to have specifically designed man and women to be sexually compatible. And considering there was no hint at sex before God told them "Oh yeah, and Eve, your punishment is having babies. So get to work with Adam when he gets back from the fields and killing the poor snakes who I am also damning."
*Presses a buzzer.*

The punishment was, specifically, pains during labor. Adam and Eve had sex on their first evening together.

Lord Urizen
I don't know any Christians who say that God is male. It is as spearhead said: God has no physical form. We all seem to have an agreeance here. Good.

Jesus is Alive claims God is absolutely male.

Most Christians claim God is male, the Bible says God is male.

Don't cop out. Take responsibility for your bullshit thumb down

But, God does care who we have sex with. God cares if they are not your spouse, and God cares whether or not they are of the same sex. God intended man for his wife and wife for her husband only. God wants us all to be Christ-like, but he GAVE us different personality characteristics to make us unique.

Christ never had sex with a woman. So if God wants us to be "Christ like" then he wants us all to be Virgins

Lord Urizen
*Presses a buzzer.*

The punishment was, specifically, pains during labor. Adam and Eve had sex on their first evening together.

So why does the woman suffer and not the male ?

Alliance
So why does the woman suffer and not the male ?
laughing Because Jehova hates women.

Every Christian a virgin...i can see a very short religion.

Nellinator
Christ never had sex with a woman. So if God wants us to be "Christ like" then he wants us all to be Virgins
Christ-like does not mean we cannot have sex, that we have to style our hair like him, wear sandals instead of shoes, and walk or take a donkey instead of driving. Christ-likeness is loving others, holiness, and righteousness. You are purposely misinterpreting the Bible's message to prove your points, but that is a poor way to argue.

Imperial_Samura
*Presses a buzzer.*

Correct. Pains during labor - the by product of a healthy, sexual relationship. God pretty much told them to do it, and that it was part of the punishment.

xmarksthespot
Christ never had sex with a woman. So if God wants us to be "Christ like" then he wants us all to be Virgins I thought Yeshua did the dirty with Miriam of Magdala.

WickedTexasMomA
God, You really are obsessed with the topic of gays. Try finding something new to post about, the whole "Gay" topic of yours are just annoying.

xmarksthespot
Don't you see? Gayness is a part of everything. And/or Lord Urizen needs a new schtick.

WickedTexasMomA
Well at this rate they must be close to world domination. I mean shit they got GOD on there side!!

xmarksthespot
Well some of them do.. since it's a well known fact that god is a black lesbian.

WickedTexasMomA
Oh man if thats true then my family is going to dye and beg satin to take them to hell.lol

Alliance
baby

FeceMan
Correct. Pains during labor - the by product of a healthy, sexual relationship. God pretty much told them to do it, and that it was part of the punishment.
I think about 90-95% of Christians nowadays agree that sex is a gift from God, not a punishment.

Gregory
So Lord Urizen is a troll, right? I mean, since he obviously started this thread for no reason other then to rile up Christians?

FeceMan
Originally posted by Gregory
So Lord Urizen is a troll, right? I mean, since he obviously started this thread for no reason other then to rile up Christians?
Very much so.

Regret

He isn't a troll, although looking at him he does seem to have a bit more hair than most individuals tend to have, and he does need to cut those claws... erm nails...laughing

Any debate should initially rile up the opposition

Dr. Zaius
I think about 90-95% of Christians nowadays agree that sex is a gift from God, not a punishment.

Unless that sex is with Lord Urizen...Then it's probably a punishment... laughing

Alliance

No not really.

Unless that sex is with Lord Urizen...Then it's probably a punishment... laughing
You're mistaken...he's very good smile

debbiejo
Originally posted by WickedTexasMomA
Oh man if thats true then my family is going to dye and beg satin to take them to hell.lol laughing out loud Can I wear that. I like the color purple... cool

Imperial_Samura

Which shows an acceptable progressions beyond the puritan beliefs of many Christian Sects/denominations in the past. Now they just have to continue the good work and get on to realising homosexuality isn't bad (just like heterosexuality isn't part of the Biblical punishment for the original sin)

Bloody^Pirate
looooooooooooooooooooooooooool tats the saddest question I've ever heard! are you serious dude? do you really mean that...the question?

Why would god be gay meaning attracted to the same sex...when he is not even a human being and by the time he doesnt have HIS OWN SEX! who told you that god is a male, just because we call him a HE doesnt make him a male... god is a spirit, as the christians belief!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Bloody^Pirate
Why would god be gay meaning attracted to the same sex...when he is not even a human being and by the time he doesnt have HIS OWN SEX! who told you that god is a male, just because we call him a HE doesnt make him a male... god is a spirit, as the christians belief!

But God is also Jesus and Jesus was a male and had a body. There were heretics once burnt for suggesting God had a human face, that God could take a human form etc. It is never as clear cut as you imply. Chances are at one point or another there has been a "Christian" who has asked such a question, and maybe even believed it. And depending on when he asked it, well, it is possible his views would be silenced quickly... one always has to ask themselves about institutions that lack the stability to let people ask such things out of fear of loss of control.

Alliance
I bet god is attracted to the asexual, meaning that he is homosexual.

Nellinator
Which shows an acceptable progressions beyond the puritan beliefs of many Christian Sects/denominations in the past. Now they just have to continue the good work and get on to realising homosexuality isn't bad (just like heterosexuality isn't part of the Biblical punishment for the original sin)
Heterosexual sex (with exceptions including incest) is not a sin according to the Bible. Homosexual is a sin according to the Bible. Therefore, we should not compromise our position on the matter. Compromising our position is denying the authority of the Word, which is the same as denying God ("The Word was God" John 1:1). No one who denies God can be considered a Christian.

Shakyamunison
Heterosexual sex (with exceptions including incest) is not a sin according to the Bible. Homosexual is a sin according to the Bible. Therefore, we should not compromise our position on the matter. Compromising our position is denying the authority of the Word, which is the same as denying God ("The Word was God" John 1:1). No one who denies God can be considered a Christian.

What if you are not a Christian?

Alliance

I hope you have 20/20 vision, have never shaved, and have never eaten shellfish.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Alliance
I hope you have 20/20 vision, have never shaved, and have never eaten shellfish.
Jesus made a new covenant. We have been over this before.

What if you are not a Christian?
Then you will likely sin without knowing that you are. And you will likely not repent, which means Judgement Day could be rough.

Shakyamunison
Jesus made a new covenant. We have been over this before.

Then you will likely sin without knowing that you are. And you will likely not repent, which means Judgement Day could be rough.

1. I'm not stupid, so I know when I sin.

2. According to Christian dogma, you cannot get into heaven though works. So, the number of sins a person commits does not matter. According to dogma, you can live a life of no sin and still not get into heaven.

3. This is Judgment Day. I believe in karma and there is no forgiveness.

Christians believe that they can by pass the reality of their actions. This is the biggest lie that Christianity tells.

Nellinator

2. According to Christian dogma, you cannot get into heaven though works. So, the number of sins a person commits does not matter. According to dogma, you can live a life of no sin and still not get into heaven.

Christians believe that they can by pass the reality of their actions. This is the biggest lie that Christianity tells.

1. I think you rationalized what I said not what I meant. Sin either has relevance to you or not.

2. But, the Bible teaches that while Jesus is the only way to heaven, we will be rewarded according to our deeds, so deeds are not meaningless in Christianity.

3. I would hate it if their was no forgiveness.

I don't believe that I can pass the reality of my actions, you know I'm better than that (I hope). But I believe that Jesus will bear my sins for me when I commit them. Christians must strive not to sin because Jesus suffers every time we do. If you love Jesus you will not want him to suffer (I certainly don't).

Shakyamunison
1. I think you rationalized what I said not what I meant. Sin either has relevance to you or not.

2. But, the Bible teaches that while Jesus is the only way to heaven, we will be rewarded according to our deeds, so deeds are not meaningless in Christianity.

3. I would hate it if their was no forgiveness.

I don't believe that I can pass the reality of my actions, you know I'm better than that (I hope). But I believe that Jesus will bear my sins for me when I commit them. Christians must strive not to sin because Jesus suffers every time we do. If you love Jesus you will not want him to suffer (I certainly don't).

1. Ok. In my religion there is only one sin. It is the slander of the law. That is a very hard standard meet.

2. Back to my standing at the door analogy...

3. Buddhism has a higher standard, but we have many lives to get it right.

I wasn't referring to you personally. Sometimes I speak to the crowd.

Regret

Agreed, I think everyone knows when they sin. If a person questions if an action is correct, and commits it even when they have decided it may not be correct, they understand this.

I agree, the saved despite actions dogma does support this imo. Although, it doesn't fit with the "faith without works is dead" portions of the Bible. Works are required if faith is present, by Biblical definition of faith. So, one that is saved by faith must have the works, or else he hasn't been saved due to lack of faith.

I think that Christians are in error as describing it as forgiveness. Either that, or the definition of forgiveness has been muddied through time. Forgiveness to me is the altering of the course of effect through another action so that the individual being forgiven is no longer the recipient of the effect. In other words, walking under a bowling ball that is dropping, it will have the effect of one being damaged by said ball, forgiveness is someone pushing the individual out of the way and having the ball hit them instead. Forgiveness is not an avoidance of effect, it is a pure understanding of karma, on the part of Christ, and his acting to allow another to avoid the effect.

Agreed. Any religion that discounts cause and effect is lying.

Shakyamunison
^ You constantly surprise me.

Regret
Well, I hope that is a good thing wink

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret

Surprise is always good. Horrified would be the negative of surprise.

FeceMan
What hell that.

Shakyamunison
What hell that.

confused I don't understand.

Alliance
^ You constantly surprise me.
Originally posted by Regret

You two constantly surprise me.

Shakyamunison
You two constantly surprise me.

Well, I hope that is a good thing. laughing

Regret
laughing laughing

debbiejo
I also agree.

As far as what I would call god being gay (not the Christian god though)...If we are all part of it, then yes god is gay, god is everything....God is all spectrum's in between..

Alliance
god is nothing.

Shakyamunison
god is nothing.

No, God is nothingness. stick out tongue

Lord Urizen

Christians deny God all the time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Many many Christians are filled with Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice....isn't that against God? Oh wait....God IS full of Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice

My BAD

Alliance
No, God is nothingness. stick out tongue

Or is nothing.

Nellinator
Christians deny God all the time roll eyes (sarcastic)

Many many Christians are filled with Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice....isn't that against God? Oh wait....God IS full of Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice
Any Christian that denies God is not a Christian, they are an antichrist ("If you have seen me you have seen the Father), and are worse than non-believers. You make the mistake of attaching the actions of misguided and/or stupid Christians to God. You are more hateful, judgemental, and prejudiced than a lot of Christians, but do you represent agnostism or atheism. No. God loves you and that is fact.

Shakyamunison
Any Christian that denies God is not a Christian, they are an antichrist ("If you have seen me you have seen the Father), and are worse than non-believers. You make the mistake of attaching the actions of misguided and/or stupid Christians to God. You are more hateful, judgemental, and prejudiced than a lot of Christians, but do you represent agnostism or atheism. No. God loves you and that is fact.

That is a pile of shit. Anyone who is a member of a Christian church is a Christian. You cannot escape the negative side of your religion.

Nellinator
Okay, they can be called a "Christian", but they are not a follower of Christ unless they adhere to Him as Savior, Lord, and Son of God.

Shakyamunison
Okay, they can be called a "Christian", but they are not a follower of Christ unless they adhere to Him as Savior, Lord, and Son of God.

Ok, that is a better way of putting it. The problem I had with the other way you said it was some people (and I'm not talking about you or any one on this forum) use "that child molesting priest is not really a Christian" as a way to sweep aside problems rather then fixing them.

Nellinator
Ok, that is a better way of putting it. The problem I had with the other way you said it was some people (and I'm not talking about you or any one on this forum) use "that child molesting priest is not really a Christian" as a way to sweep aside problems rather then fixing them.
The Word say that we must rebuke those that claim to follow Jesus and hold them to the Word. We are to pray for each other for healing from sin. I have a big problem with Catholic excommunication because it is the very opposite of love and also with inaction against offenders because it compromises the Word.

Grand_Moff_Gav

Well, if he created everyone he would be their dad, then that would be incest...therefore, I doubt he can love anyone in a way other than father-son, way...

But who are we to question God?

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
But who are we to question God? Existent?

I'd say Iesus got around quite a bit during his more youthful years..

Lord Urizen

I contain Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice for no one.

The worst aspect of my mentality is that im a bit superficial (i only date men and women who i thnk are hott), and that's as bad as it gets.

So no, A lot of Christians contain more hatred than I ever will. yes

So let me asking you something....Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Dick Cheney, and Shirley Phelps-Roper....are they true Christians or not ?

Nellinator
I contain Hate, Judgement, and Prejudice for no one.

The worst aspect of my mentality is that im a bit superficial (i only date men and women who i thnk are hott), and that's as bad as it gets.

So no, A lot of Christians contain more hatred than I ever will. yes

So let me asking you something....Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, Dick Cheney, and Shirley Phelps-Roper....are they true Christians or not ?
I do have a major dispute with Shirley Phelps-Roper. But (from my knowledge of them which is likely less than yours as I am a Canadian), I believe that they have done many commendable things that God is proud of. I also believe that they have done some ill-advised things and rash things that God would not be proud of. I believe that all people sin and that no one is perfect. The ultimate question when considering who is Christian is whether or not they will be accepted into Heaven by God. I think this is the case for most of them.

Imperial_Samura

But who are we to question God?

His creators perhaps?

Lord Urizen
I do have a major dispute with Shirley Phelps-Roper. But (from my knowledge of them which is likely less than yours as I am a Canadian), I believe that they have done many commendable things that God is proud of. I also believe that they have done some ill-advised things and rash things that God would not be proud of. I believe that all people sin and that no one is perfect. The ultimate question when considering who is Christian is whether or not they will be accepted into Heaven by God. I think this is the case for most of them.

Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell have done many horrible things, such as steal money from tons of beleivers for thier own benefit, and suppression of Civil Rights. They are the top supporters of Anti-Gay propaganda.

Let me tell you what they proposed:

1) Camps where parents can send thier children to, incase thier children are Gay or Lesbian. In these camps they are not allowed any kind of self expression, and are conditioned through unpleasant means to resist thier natural sexual desires.

2) Many Camps in the United States are still allowed to dismiss Gay children and Gay teenagers. Liberals have fought to stop this kind of discimination, yet These two bigots have fought to protect the Camp's hateful policy.

3) Obviously, they support the Ban on Gay Marriage, we need not discuss that, it's a given. roll eyes (sarcastic)

4) They want to Forbid schools from having Gay and Lesbian Support groups. They want Gays and Lesbians to have no where to turn, and want them to remain "in the closet"

5) There are support places other than schools, that help Gay and Lesbian teenagers pay for college and have a place to live, in cases where these teenagers were disowned by thier parents and thrown away from home. Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell want to put an end to these support programs, and replace them with more "anti-gay" preaching services. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh yeah, Nell, they are SUCH GREAT PEOPLE. It don't get more LOVING than THAT ! !!!

you know what I find funny? That you admitted the prime reason you converted to Christianity was a result of witnessing an Exorcism. So you basically ADMIT that you're Faith derives from FEAR.

It's always pathetic when a large group of people suppress thier true identities, thier true talents, and true potentials to conform to a larger ideal out of FEAR....tsk tsk tsk.

Well.....belittling yourself may be alright with you, but I choose to keep my self, thank you.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, you posting inappropriate posts probably won't help the thread much.

I heaaaaard that.

Alliance
congratulations.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I heaaaaard that.

Shut the f*ck up

Alliance
laughing

Punkyhermy
WTF?!

just....wtf?!

:Wtf:
roll eyes (sarcastic)

lord xyz
But who are we to question God? Intelligent.

9) Speaking of Jesus, why did he not have a wife? A girlfreind? A fling..why did he spend most of his time with men ? Hmmm........ Jesus did have a wife, but the Bible left that out. I agree with the rest you said though. Then again, was it God who impregnated Mary?

Alliance
sounds rather Zeus like...

FeceMan
I'm fairly certain that Jesus didn't have a wife.

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by lord xyz
Jesus did have a wife, but the Bible left that out.
In all fairness we don't actually know that...

Possible (I doubt it), but not proven.

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Alliance
No. Jesus had a husband.

Deus Venèficus
No. Jesus had a husband.
Now that would be awkward...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

debbiejo
His creators perhaps? And so it should be. We were born to question and seek out things.....It's part of the natural process....and in inquiring, we are also perhaps creating......

Imperial_Samura

Alliance
Not really... unless God walked in on him and his husband.

It is though hard to believe Jesus would never have been involved with anyone, considering the importance of marriage and such things in those days.

And considering how horny 30 year old "virgins" are...

I'm sure there was a man in Jesus' life.

Imperial_Samura
And considering how horny 30 year old "virgins" are...

I'm sure there was a man in Jesus' life.

Yes. And it isn't like he didn't have human emotions or hormones (and could the devil have tempted him out in the desert?) - and when it came the night he knew he was going to die... well, it gets harder and harder to believe.

But anyway, it is interesting the double think that seems to exist in some Christians minds. The importance that Jesus was a man, human, God made flesh to be with us, yet the horror at the thought he might actually have done human things. Why deny him one of the basic wants (and nothing wrong) of a human being?

Alliance
..and all men masturbate.

And I don't know. Becuase if you cant compare yourself to an incomparable standard, the Church loses money?

Nogoodnamesleft
Yes. God is definitely gay, but sadly he has been driven into the closet by ignorant parts of his creation. However, as this following, completely true comic shows (it is far more accurate then the Chick Tracts) there was a time he made his feelings known...

I'm not a Christian, but I'd be incredibly careful about throwing around stuff like that. You could piss somebody off pretty bad.

Nogoodnamesleft

1. Yes. We're the default for the human race, and we run the show and have done so since the human race's beginning. So God being male makes sense.

2. According to all three major religions, sex=wrong. And God is above sex, logically.

3. Well, yeah. I mean, he's a dude. Why would an awesome guy like God be a gender traitor? Do you think God can be whipped? No, methinks he can't.

4. According to all religions, men are superior. Since angels are the highest life forms in the universe after God and Jesus, it's logical for them to be male.

5. Like I said, according to many ancient religions, sex=dirty. And where the Hell did the idea come from that you're gay just because you don't have sex?

6. Why does it mean that if you jack off, then that's what it feels like for God to make Creation? Where the Hell did anybody get that idea? How does that idea make sense?

7. Umm, no dude. Someone doing it with their dad is not even funny.

8. Because men are all-important. We all know that a real man's man like God wouldn't let a woman be his apostle. Also, back then nudity did not automatically equate to homosexuality.

9. Because according to Christianity, sex is dirty and impure and wrong. Jesus, being Jesus, obviously cannot associate with that sort of thing.

10. Nowadays that's true, but it wasn't back then. And the garden wasn't created in a "gardening" sense, it was a paradise or whatever for the first mortals.

11. Why is God gay just because he created Adam first?

I know that that this was intended as a joke. And like I said, I'm not a Christian. But all the same I didn't find it funny.

Alliance
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
1. Yes. We're the default for the human race, and we run the show and have done so since the human race's beginning. So God being male makes sense.
Really. Take any bio or socioligy courses lately? All humans are female by defualt. ALso, men have not always "run the show." SO your flat out wrong.

2. According to all three major religions, sex=wrong. And God is above sex, logically.
First of all, Judiasm isn't a MAJOR religoin. Its considered a global reigion. Christianity, Islam, Atheism/Agnosticism, and Hinduism are the MAJOR world religons by far.

3. Well, yeah. I mean, he's a dude. Why would an awesome guy like God be a gender traitor? Do you think God can be whipped? No, methinks he can't.
You don't know anything about your god. Don't pretend to.

4. According to all religions, men are superior. Since angels are the highest life forms in the universe after God and Jesus, it's logical for them to be male.
AHH!, so you're a bigot too. Let me tell you, you're wrong.

7. Umm, no dude. Someone doing it with their dad is not even funny. Its not with his dad. Chirstianity is a henotheistic religon. Your god's doing it with another incarnation fo himself.

8. Because men are all-important. We all know that a real man's man like God wouldn't let a woman be his apostle. Also, back then nudity did not automatically equate to homosexuality.
Sexist bigot. "man's man?" Grow up.

9. Because according to Christianity, sex is dirty and impure and wrong. Jesus, being Jesus, obviously cannot associate with that sort of thing.

10. Nowadays that's true, but it wasn't back then. And the garden wasn't created in a "gardening" sense, it was a paradise or whatever for the first mortals.
Yeah a paradise that never really existed.

11. Why is God gay just because he created Adam first?
He does seem to prefer males.

I know that that this was intended as a joke. And like I said, I'm not a Christian. But all the same I didn't find it funny.

For nto being Christian, you are certianly trapped in Chrstian mythology.

Nogoodnamesleft
Really. Take any bio or socioligy courses lately? All humans are female by defualt. ALso, men have not always "run the show." SO your flat out wrong.

First of all, Judiasm isn't a MAJOR religoin. Its considered a global reigion. Christianity, Islam, Atheism/Agnosticism, and Hinduism are the MAJOR world religons by far.

You don't know anything about your god. Don't pretend to.

AHH!, so you're a bigot too. Let me tell you, you're wrong.

Its not with his dad. Chirstianity is a henotheistic religon. Your god's doing it with another incarnation fo himself.

Sexist bigot. "man's man?" Grow up.

I didn't say I was offended, just that I didn't think it to be funny.

Imperial_Samura

I think it's more the fact you keep reinterating you're "not Christian" yet you seem very sensitive about it, much of your morality seems to stem from the Bible and you really do go on about it. "Mans man God"? I mean WTF?

Alliance
Thats the best ever. "man's man god"

Can we define that please? Isn't a man's man a homosexual?

Lord Urizen

HENCE, God is Gay.....he condemns homosexuality because he doesn't want people to copy him. It's Blasphemy to do something to similar to God.

Alliance
Meaning that only homosexuals are created in God's image.

Heteros can no longer approach the altar of god.

Nogoodnamesleft
God is perfect and therefore can't be gay.

lord xyz
God is perfect and therefore can't be gay. laughing I love his forum.

Alliance
yes

JesusIsAlive

It is all he knows.

Alliance
...wait...who are you again?

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
It is all he knows.

And the Bible is all you know smile

Lord Urizen
God is perfect and therefore can't be gay.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

This is the kind of Hate i LOVE !!!! :yes :

Alliance
laughing

FeceMan
Because it was clearly hate speech.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>