Qui-Gon versus Grievous?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akira99
I searched and it appears this battle has not been discussed.
Qui-Gon is in pleace of Kenobi here as he jumps into that huge platform hideout area with droids everywhere. Grievous says he'll take care of this jedi slime himself.
How will this battle fare?

Advent
He gets killed by the droids. Grievous doesn't have to do any work.

Realistically, though, Grievous would kill Qui-Gon. He's a far better swordsman, and the only Force power Qui-Gon has demonstrated is a Force push. Which we've seen Grievous dodge before, and it also barely will do anything (Obi-Wan in ROTS).

Grievous wins. No doubts. I don't think I should write a new testament on the subject.

Sith'ari
Grievous should win this.

Lord Saboteur
Grievous.

Mesirus
awww,i loved jinn's character, DAM YOU!! you make me go against him, i will never forgive you!

Gr......Grevious >_> assh**e

Quinlan_Vos
Grievous wins. Qui-Gon applies use of Form IV, which is a very fancy form. Grievous can see the patterns of his opponent's attack, therefore while Qui-Gon can try, he will most certainly lose. Unless of course Qui-Gon learns Soresu and uses its simplicity, he dies a valiant death.

darthsith19
This is a good match-up that I've often thought about, but I don't think Qui-Gon's style would be very good against Grievous, Grievous is faster, stronger and won't get tired so Qui-Gon's only chance is winning by using the Force, but I doubt he will get a chance as he will attack with his lightsaber firts and after that he won't get a chance to use the Force, he'll be to busy trying to stay alive. But if he were in the exact same position as Kenobi was he could probably win cause some Clones would help him if he started to lose.

Council#13
I pretty much agree with DarthSith up there.

Obi-Wan's Form III was very effective against Grievous's fancy attacks; he was able to use minimal movements to block multiple stricks and use very little energy. Ataru uses a lot of energy, and it's strong suit is not it's defense. I think that Qui-Gon could attack all he want's at Grievous, but in the end, despite Qui-Gon's skill with the lightsaber, he would be tired out and eventually beaten by Grievous

Sith Lord Windu
grievous would. form IV is only good with fit and able people, like yoda. the form is suposed to let the user 'attack form all sides at once' or some crap like that. anyway, geivous wouls use the same start to the battle as he did with ROTS and then end it by slicing him in half from head to toe, decapitating him, and cutting his legs off... all before he hits the ground.

The-Judge
qui-gon. his tactics would be too much for grievous. the same situation as obi-wan.

ESB -1138

Realistically, though, Grievous would kill Qui-Gon. He's a far better swordsman, and the only Force power Qui-Gon has demonstrated is a Force push. Which we've seen Grievous dodge before, and it also barely will do anything (Obi-Wan in ROTS).

Grievous wins. No doubts. I don't think I should write a new testament on the subject.

He's right after all Grievous had the battle droids kill Obi-Wan and Grievous managed to dodge Obi-Wan's force push.

Qui-Gon was said to be one of the best duelist in the Jedi Order. He'll blast Grievous back like Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon would win.

Council#13
True, he was one of the best duelists in the Order, but that was probably while he was in his prime. If he had chosen a lightsaber form that wouldn't be so taxing on his body, like Forms III or II, he might be able to win. However, Ataru would indeed tire him out, due to the jumps and the aggression, as can be seen in TPM

kamikz
Originally posted by ESB -1138

He's right after all Grievous had the battle droids kill Obi-Wan and Grievous managed to dodge Obi-Wan's force push.

Qui-Gon was said to be one of the best duelist in the Jedi Order. He'll blast Grievous back like Obi-Wan did. Qui-Gon would win.

Grievous can dodge force pushes, he just didn't see it coming with Obi.
And Qui-Gon has an 100% offensive style, which will not be very good against Grievous. Grievous stalemated LOE Mace (which is like ROTS Mace) in a sword battle, and only lost two arms against Obi because he was a Soresu master...

Akira99
I found it very weird how Grievous stalemated against Mace. I mean with his style how could the robot predict his moves?
Also I found it weird in Clone Wars cartoon that force blasts could be dodged. I mean aren't telekinetic attacks instant? Unless it was a blast of air or something...what do you think?

jollyjim311
I want to say Qui Gon, the facts point to Greivous, but one thing is bothering me. If Cin Drallig can do it, than I can definitely see Qui Gon doing it too... I'm not really sure.

Advent
Originally posted by ESB -1138
He's right after all Grievous had the battle droids kill Obi-Wan

First off all, it was sarcasm. Perhaps you've heard of it? Guessing not.

Oh yeah! I forgot Obi-Wan's awesome Force push which didn't do jack shit to Grievous! We've seen him dodge Ki-Adi-Mundi's Force push and Shaak Ti's Force push.

Nonetheless, when in the hell has a Force pushed inflicted pain upon a victim to the point that they'd lose? Oh? Never. Okay.

Guess what? So were Agen Kolar, Saesee Tinn, and Kit Fisto. Can they all beat Grievous?

Yeah, and after Grievous immediately lands on his feet. He slaughtered Qui-Gon. Damn newb.

How is a Force push going to help when we know Grievous' armor can withstand an explosion again? As for Jinn having Force powers, true - he does indeed have Force powers. Then again, so did Ki-Adi-Mundi, Adi Gallia, Master T'Chooka, and Shaak Ti, among all the other Jedi Grievous killed. The man dodged a Force push by Ki-Adi Mundi. And even when he was Force pushed by ROTS Obi-Wan, who's definitely stronger than Qui-Gon in the Force, he got up as it was nothing.

kamikz
Originally posted by jollyjim311
I want to say Qui Gon, the facts point to Greivous, but one thing is bothering me. If Cin Drallig can do it, than I can definitely see Qui Gon doing it too... I'm not really sure.

Do we know if Cin can beat him? No, it was Dooku's thoughts only. If Grievous can stalemate Mace I belive he can take down Cin....

And I agree with Advent. The force push wasn't what wounded Grievous and caused him to lose his lightsabers, it was the fact that he slammed into one of those machines hanging from the celing with his back....

darthsith19
He stalemated Mace? I seem to remember Mace winning and knocking him off the hover train they were fighting on.

No, I don't think their instant.

Why? What makes you think Qui-Gon > Cin? Also, Cin probably knows Soresu and that may be the only reason Dooku thinks that Cin could beat Grievous (but that's a maybe).

But Cin can use Soresu and Grievous didn't stalemate Mace Mace beat him.

Council#13
Originally posted by kamikz
Do we know if Cin can beat him? No, it was Dooku's thoughts only. If Grievous can stalemate Mace I belive he can take down Cin....

And I agree with Advent. The force push wasn't what wounded Grievous and caused him to lose his lightsabers, it was the fact that he slammed into one of those machines hanging from the celing with his back....

Like DarthSith said, he didn't stalemate with Mace, he was beaten. Knocked off the train.

kamikz
Oh, ok I remember Faunus saying they stalemate, guess he was wrong then...

And I understand if one person say they didn't stalemate...

Hewkii_Dude
Grievous would get this one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.