Can quicksilver and captain marvel tapped into speed force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

blade31092
Can quicksilver and captain marvel tapped into speed force?

H. S. 6
On further review, you may want to clear up that question.

Are you talking about Quicksilver (and Captain Marvel) from Marvel or DC?

blade31092
quicksilver from marvel and captain marvel from dc

jumpmann
no

blade31092
Why not?

Lindquist
Quicksilver = mutant
Captain Marvel = magic

The Speed Force (and maybe those who have retired to its heaven) chooses the people who are going to use it. Try and get your hands of the Savitar run, it's one of the best Speed Force explanations out there. On the other hand, I still have no idea how the Speed Force is now trapped inside of Bart. That makes no sense to me.

Speaking of Captain Marvel, there's a Flash issue where Flash and Captain Marvel team up and Flash asks him if he uses the speed force. Captain Marvel obviously says no, "I just have the speed of mercury."
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2812/flash10709nm3.th.jpg
There's a great moment where Billy Batson says, "SHAZAM", Wally sees from his hotel that a bolt of lightning is going to hit billy, he suits up and runs a couple of blocks to "save" Billy from being hit by lightning. Now that's fast smile

Lindquist
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2586/flash10703cd3.th.jpghttp://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5209/flash10704fy5.th.jpg

Arahan
lol

Yeah save me from the magic bolt that makes me big and strong laughing out loud

Disappear
i believe, in whatever marvel/dc crossover it was that involved flash and quicksilver crossing paths, it was said that when compared to the flash, pietro is basically just standing still. he's just nothin' in comparison.

Arahan
Quicksilver best showing was around Mach 10-15 when he had the Isotope E.

Well Flash runs mostly at Light Speed and even faster if needed.

Mach Speeds <<<< Light Speed

(But QS is cooler stick out tongue )

ankur29
how comes flash is uprised when marvel tell him his speed is from teh god mercury , what are captain marvels top speeds?

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
i believe, in whatever marvel/dc crossover it was that involved flash and quicksilver crossing paths, it was said that when compared to the flash, pietro is basically just standing still. he's just nothin' in comparison.

Well in the DC vs Marvel storyline in the mid nineties, they fought and Flash stopped th fight to save some people from an accident. Quicksilver took advantage of this and beat up Flash. He was about to deliver the winning blow but hesitated and Flash took advantage and won.

In their second encounter was in the JLA/Avengers storyline. Flash was basically running circles around Pietro throughout the issue where the two team fought. In the last arena (The savage land) where the battles actually counted for something (Supposedly decided the fate of their universes.) Flash started to slow down because there was no Speed Force in the MU. Quicksilver took advantage of this to charge into Flash and send him flying. yes

ankur29
Originally posted by ankur29
how comes flash is uprised when marvel tell him his speed is from teh god mercury , what are captain marvels top speeds?

i meant suprised...

Disappear
perhaps because marvel's channeling the power of a god? you know, like, a god. who wouldn't be impressed and/or surprised?

Lindquist
I think I've seen an Wally issue where he racing/trying to stop Mercury from destroying the city (pre-speed force days). Needless to say, Wally was having a hard time

ankur29
but is cap near teh lightspeed zone , or just sound speed keep in mind black adam was doing mach 500 and accelerating

Validus
Cap is light speed.

ankur29
thats what i thought but in a comic superman waws possesed by eclipso and said that within even a blink of marvel's eye he coudl get to metroplis form his curent location which was the arctic and supes is lightspeed

Lindquist
Sound barrier< Light barrier (Cap)< Time Barrier< Dimensional Barrier< Speed Force Barrier(<-Wally) smile

ankur29
where would you put superman according to that?

personally i think guys like supes and cap marvel black adam are just behind wally

heres my take of the fastest charecters in dc
BTW mach 1 which is sound speed is approximately 343 m/s, 1,087 ft/s, 761 mph or 1,235 km/h

1 - Flash & zoom above lightspeed (well above light speed if he wants to or is in a tight situation which requires more form him )

2-superman lightspeed (above lightspeed in space which is known as warpspeed)

3- captain marvel & black adam are lightspeed

4 -jay garrick just below light speed

5- Martian manhunter & wonder woman hypersonic speeds which is speeds greater than mach 5 whihc is 5 times the speed of sound

6- green lantern's mach 1 which is soundspeed or supersonic if pushed to maximum limits

they are my opinion and could be easily wrong

Validus
GL is above light speed. Manhunter and Diana are probably pretty close to light.

ankur29
you sure?

you have any scans for this?

Validus
you sure?

you have any scans for this?
It's in the respect threads. Hal travelling 132 light years in a few seconds. Kyle flew to the end of the universe pretty fast. GL's by their very job description have to be extremely fast. One space sector contains many galaxies.

ankur29
dude that sunds faster than flash

Validus
Flash doesn't have any real limits to his speed.

Arahan
This is DC. Alomost everyone can travel at least at Light Speed or faster.

ankur29
ok den order the 10 fastest guys in dc form fastest to slowest

Rols
Question:
Having metahuman skill that allows you to run say mach 5 and then you are given the ability to tap into the speed force, would that make you faster than a human given the ability to tap into the speed force?
Or would that two basically have the same speed ones there able to tap into the speed force but the guy w/metahuman powers allow him to tap faster therefore making him faster? (dont know if that made sense)

Validus
No. Jay Garrick has natural super speed and he was still slower than Wally.

Rols
Was he, I thought he was faster than them all..

Validus
Not even close.

ankur29
yh jay garrick is the slowest flash excluding kid flashes

Rols
So how does it work then? Speed force i mean, by knowledge in tapping makes you faster than the other incarnation of Flashes..

Lindquist
It's kind of like your internet connection. Wally has a direct link to the speed force, Jay doesn't.

Rols
I see, Make sense..

ankur29
the gladiator from marvel was caught flying at a 100 times the speed of light!

????

ankur29
how fast is flash b4 he gets sucked into the speed force

D-Block
where would you put superman according to that?

personally i think guys like supes and cap marvel black adam are just behind wally

heres my take of the fastest charecters in dc
BTW mach 1 which is sound speed is approximately 343 m/s, 1,087 ft/s, 761 mph or 1,235 km/h

1 - Flash & zoom above lightspeed (well above light speed if he wants to or is in a tight situation which requires more form him )

2-superman lightspeed (above lightspeed in space which is known as warpspeed)

3- captain marvel & black adam are lightspeed

4 -jay garrick just below light speed

5- Martian manhunter & wonder woman hypersonic speeds which is speeds greater than mach 5 whihc is 5 times the speed of sound

6- green lantern's mach 1 which is soundspeed or supersonic if pushed to maximum limits

they are my opinion and could be easily wrong

Captain Marvel and Black Adam can go beyond lightspeed in space also. Wonder woman can also go lightspeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.