Clerks 2 LOTR Joke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

calvs
I found Clerks 2 Evaluation of LOTR very TRUE. 3 MOVIES OF WALKING...Just wanted to say YOU GUYS GOT PWNT.

Barker
You went to the bathroom during the Horse scenes again, didn't you? barker

calvs
No, I bought a LOTR toy and pissed on it..

Barker
In the theater?

Dude..

calvs
My memory sucked that night, I think it was a cosplay kid no expression

Barker
petpet

Well anyway, they didn't walk the entire movie. Gandalf rode in in the first few minutes.

PWNT. tongue_ss

Nazgulinthedark
Dude, the ringwraiths rode the entire time. They pwn because they're too cool to walk.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by calvs
I found Clerks 2 Evaluation of LOTR very TRUE. 3 MOVIES OF WALKING...Just wanted to say YOU GUYS GOT PWNT.

Walking...how else do you want Frodo to get to Mount Doom? Fly?

stunna1773
yea clerks pwned frodo

calvs
Originally posted by stunna1773
yea clerks pwned frodo
W3RD.

Kram3r
"There's only one return and it ain't of the king it's of the Jedi"- Randall. F*cking A.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by ESB -1138

Haha well said.

You can say that about any film that's about a journey. I would probably think it was funny when watching the film but it isn't true. God, did they not notice any of the many battle scenes?!

Nazgul lord
yeah or the boat scenes in the fellowship??

Hammad Ahsan
This is all quiet lame, Clerks 2 had something, then yo should enjoy it with yourself, coming to a page filled with Tolkien fans and saying this is folly if you ask me.

Darth Vicious
If you guys liked the whole LOTR scene in CLERKS II then you guys are gonna love An Evening With Kevin Smith 2 he goes into detail why he doesnt like LOTR and he does/says pretty much the exact same thing Randal did/said. Impretty much he did this before CLERKS II was out.

SeverianB
It's a interesting point. They do use the shoeleather express a lot. *I* didn't find it annoying enough to ruin the movie for me. I think Mr. Smith has some OCD issues, perhaps?

boomshakalaka
I loved that part od Clerks 2! Too hilarious for words! Its true as well.

Blaxican
Originally posted by ESB -1138

yeah, actually. Fly. Nothing was stopping an entire army of Eagles from just flying to Mount Doom in an hour or two, dropping off the ring, and flying back home.

Nine Nazgul can NOT in any way, shape, or form, take out twenty Great Eagles. And at a thousand feet none of Saurons legions of Orcs could reach the Eagles. The entire quest was a waste of time, really.

I loved the movies and the books to death though. I'm about to start reading The Silmararillion again.

thefallen544

GOD101
3 movies of people walking. even the trees walk in those movies

"Right after the Sam-Frodo suckfest, and right before the credits roll,Sam flat out BRICKS in Frodo's mouth."

Lord of The Rigs ****ing sucks. "There is only 1 trilogy you ****ing morons"

"There is only 1 return,and it ain't of the King, its of the Jedi"

In conclusion:LOTR was a temporary success. It ****ing sucked overall.

STAR WARS YOU ****ERS!!

exanda kane
If you take anything Kevin Smith says to heart, then you have a problem. The mans got little to no talent, and gets by with a home camcorder and a few witty one liners. Apparently this makes him a "director".

Hell, if anyone has the cheek to say LOTR is 3 movies of walking, walking and walking, then Star Wars is a movie about people sitting in a cockpit that smells of dog and urine; they can't even be arsed to walk.

Willaume
Originally posted by exanda kane
If you take anything Kevin Smith says to heart, then you have a problem. The mans got little to no talent, and gets by with a home camcorder and a few witty one liners. Apparently this makes him a "director".

Hell, if anyone has the cheek to say LOTR is 3 movies of walking, walking and walking, then Star Wars is a movie about people sitting in a cockpit that smells of dog and urine; they can't even be arsed to walk.

laughing out loud

I don't mind Kevin Smith at all, but the way he raved about Episode III when it came out....well, after seeing the film a few times, it was kind of disturbing.

I was going to write a long discourse on this subject and put it here, but there's really no point: Idiots who sit around and whine about "too much walking" are the people who never seek to broaden their minds. They never accept another's opinion.

I have to agree with them, however, that "Star Wars" (i.e., the Original Trilogy) are much better films. I would add, however, that overall, "The Lord of the Rings" (and Tolkien in general) is an extraordinarily better fiction. Whenever someone says anything to me about the films, practically all I can say is, "Yeah, well, I prefer the books."

Pipage558
I love that part in Clerks 2 but I know that's not what LotR is about. Or even closely related too. Most likely Kevin Smith is a LotR fan too! big grin

GOD101

well, ''kane'' its not my fault the reason George Lucas didn't win the award is because winning it would be an insult to his directing abilities. LOTR sucks major cock and was a trench it movie history.
it is the Tampa Bay Devil rays of movies.

Burnt Pancakes
?

This REALLY isn't the palce to say that. Go make a thread about it in the OTF or something.

exanda kane
Originally posted by GOD101
well, ''kane'' its not my fault the reason George Lucas didn't win the award is because winning it would be an insult to his directing abilities. LOTR sucks major cock and was a trench it movie history.
it is the Tampa Bay Devil rays of movies.

From the coherent part of your post, I gathered you still just believe that LOTR is journey. I won't insult your intelligence too much, but you hopefully know that the story of a journey is hardly individual and unique to the world of literature or film. LOTR is a journey, and that's its charm, as much as Heart of Darkness (Apocalypse Now) or Easy Rider, or even Star Wars is.

It's your lot if you haven't the desire to read Lord of the Rings, and it's your lot if you don't appreciate the charm of this genre, but please, appreciate that some people have imagination.

As anyone with an average interest in film, or Star Wars for that matter can tell you, Lucas is far from the best director in the world, and although he definetly hit the mark with the original Star Wars and the latter half of Revenge of the Sith, his other films fall incredibly short of any mark set by Peter Jackson.

Your point that "LOTR sucks major cock", as you put it, is not even debatable. The box office in take justified them as a hugely succesful commercial franchise, and the critics gobbled up the films, as well as the ordinary cinema goer. It may be your opinion, but it isn't based on any factual information whatsoever.

Willaume
laughing out loud

I reported that post. Unneccessarily vulgar.

GOD101
From the coherent part of your post, I gathered you still just believe that LOTR is journey. I won't insult your intelligence too much, but you hopefully know that the story of a journey is hardly individual and unique to the world of literature or film. LOTR is a journey, and that's its charm, as much as Heart of Darkness (Apocalypse Now) or Easy Rider, or even Star Wars is.

It's your lot if you haven't the desire to read Lord of the Rings, and it's your lot if you don't appreciate the charm of this genre, but please, appreciate that some people have imagination.

As anyone with an average interest in film, or Star Wars for that matter can tell you, Lucas is far from the best director in the world, and although he definetly hit the mark with the original Star Wars and the latter half of Revenge of the Sith, his other films fall incredibly short of any mark set by Peter Jackson.

Your point that "LOTR sucks major cock", as you put it, is not even debatable. The box office in take justified them as a hugely succesful commercial franchise, and the critics gobbled up the films, as well as the ordinary cinema goer. It may be your opinion, but it isn't based on any factual information whatsoever.

I agree with you and I do respect people with imaginations. I am sorry for putting down LOTR but it is my opinion that Star Wars is better than it. Statistically,it is with box office gross and all. It has its flaws and so does LOTR. I hope this has changed your mind about me.

exanda kane
Statistically, or on track record you might say, LOTR took in more at the box office worldwide.

Lowest grossing SW film: Empire Strikes Back $533,800,000
Lowest grossing LOTR film: Fellowship $860,700,000

Highest grossing SW film: Phantom Menace $922,379,000
Highest grossing LOTR film: Return of the King $921,600,000

According to IMDB

Bear in mind, there are twice as many SW films as LOTR films, yet even the lowest grossing LOTR film took in more than the next highest Star Wars movie, Revenge of the Sith, with $848,462,555.

GOD101
I agree but which Trilogy took in more total:Original trilogy or LOTR?

I think it was Star Wars.

exanda kane
No, it was Lord of the Rings.

exanda kane
Worldwide box office.

Lord of the Rings: $2,972,419,252

Original Star Wars trilogy: $1,904,400,000

SpaceMonkey
Both were good. Randall was Pro-Star Wars. Kevin Smith likes both movies. They were too different to truly compare. LotR coul not have been made if not for the advancements of SW. So both have good and bad. End of discussion.

(Yes, I am aware I used several sentence fragments.... I did it for style purposes. LOL)

GOD101
Worldwide box office.

Lord of the Rings: $2,972,419,252

Original Star Wars trilogy: $1,904,400,000

How about the New trilogy?
and other dude, you make a very good point.

exanda kane
The Worldwide Box Office for the Prequel trilogy was $2,419,041,555, compared to Lord of the Rings ($2,972,419,252) and the original Star Wars ($1,904,400,000).

Now unless you unfairly want to pitch all of the Star Wars films against the three Lord of the Rings films, LOTR trumps Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.