Infinity Watch vs. the Big 7

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

B dot Rob
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Drax the Destroyer (Old School)
Pip the Troll
Thanos
Maxam

vs

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally West)
Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman

who wins this match-up

I think it's too close to call

Scoobless
What can Pip do anyway? .... I think he can teleport.... but what else?

Soleran
Monster Sex drive?smile

darthgoober
I give the Watch a VERY slight majority 5.5 or 6/10.
Originally posted by Scoobless

I know it's not a lot, but I think he's in Spiderman's strength range. Also, he's a sneaky little bastard and is good at causing general chaos on the battlefield.

darthgoober
Check it out.

King_Mungi
Prior to recieving the gem, Pip had no powers (no superhuman speed or strength)

Thanos_THOTU
You know what the Infinity watch are capable of do you?
Each gem compareable to the Cosmic Cube is like a Slingshoot (CC) compared to a black hole generator, or a nuke with the size of a universe. (IG)

golem370
I say Gamora takes out Batman Since Maxam could withstand mental attacks he could face MM then

Thanos
Drax the Destroyer
Adam Warlock
Moondragon

vs

Superman
Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman

golem370
Thanos could do very good against any two from the other team and then leaves any other 2 against Adam Warlock,Drax the Destroyer & Moondragon

Inhuman
IW stomps big 7

thedude1948
The Big 7 needs alot more help in this fight.

Crease
Is this classic Gamora? If it's current Gamora the Watch wins 9/10. With classic it more like 6 outta 10. Adam, and The Mad Titan could take out multiple JLAers by themselves but they also have all the weak links. Pip couldn't teleport away b4 Wally beat the snot outta him. And Maxim would be a diadvantage against every menber of the JLA. And Gamora should only be able to take out Batman. This would leave it 7 on 4 or 5 most fights.

Juntai
Infinity Watch in a majority.
JLA certainly has the capacity for a win tho.

Inhuman
do infinity watch have the gems?
If they do Big 7 have - NO CHANCE no

Priest
Thanos alone will give the Big 7 a hard time.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Scoobless

He's good at running away and letting Thanos kick ass wink

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Inhuman
do infinity watch have the gems?
If they do Big 7 have - NO CHANCE no

Of course not.

Well Adam Warlock gets the soul gem but for the sake of fairness no Soul Absorbing

And I think people are underselling Superman who could at least give Thanos a good fight by himself until help arrives (as Pip is just generally useless).

And let's make this Pre-Annihilation Gamora

Tshern
What happened to Gamora during the Annihilation then?

B dot Rob
Who knows, I just read somewhere that she kicked Ronan's ass and got a huge boost (I haven't read the Ronan Comic myself though because I heard it's buns).

Inhuman
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Of course not.

Well Adam Warlock gets the soul gem but for the sake of fairness no Soul Absorbing

And I think people are underselling Superman who could at least give Thanos a good fight by himself until help arrives (as Pip is just generally useless).

And let's make this Pre-Annihilation Gamora

HA, superman would be nothing to thanos. Specially current thanos.
I dont know why people just cant axcept this. Just cause they dislike Thanos.
Hell thanos would pimp slap current darkseid to orbit cool

B dot Rob
You do realize that current Darkseid used to eat skyfathers for lunch don't you?

Inhuman
You do realize that current Darkseid used to eat skyfathers for lunch don't you?

ya I do, he also gets beat by supes and punked by batman.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Inhuman
ya I do, he also gets beat by supes and punked by batman.

So? Thanos got beat by Squirrel Girl.

Inhuman
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
So? Thanos got beat by Squirrel Girl.

True. But Squirrel Girl is above skyfather sombrero2

darthgoober
I don't think people are being very fair to Pip. While I'll admit that he is definatly the weak link in the team, he did take out several big names in The Infinity War #4.

Superherovandal
and more than half his defeats have been retconned away.

doctorstrongbad
Infinity Watch takes this battle w/o gems. With The gems, they win 10/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Pip the Troll
Thanos
Maxam

vs

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally West)
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman

who wins this match-up

The JLA would never go in fighting the Infinity watch with this line up. And knowing that each watch member has a gem, they certainly would be prepared. They do have Batman on thier team.

They would bring
Superman (Sundipping while Fighting Drax)
Batman
Wonder Woman( with her guantlet of atlas, her sword, sandels, and using the God wave to creme her opponents)
Kyle Rayner would be in his Ion Stage kicking Thanos' Ass.
Flash would be tapping into the full use of the speed force.
MM would be on Warlock. I'm betting MM can withstand the soul gems blast. Many beings have.
And They would have swapped aquaman out for Orion or Captain Marvel.
If we are gonna use marvel characters at thier best, then we should do the same for the Dc Characters!!

bigbran
why is thanos there?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by bigbran
why is thanos there?

He was the guardian of the reality gem.

bigbran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
He was the guardian of the reality gem. but still, why is he there? even if you give the gems to the other guys, they still have a big shot.

darthgoober
Now that I think about it, Thanos with the Reality Gem would probably own the whole team by himself. That gem is just unreal in it's abilities.

B dot Rob
That's why the only person on the team with a gem is Warlock (though Pip can have the time gem but given the nature of his character he'd probably use it to hide behind Thanos or Warlock).

Oh and Thanos also got ate by Ka-Zar embarrasment

bigbran
infinity watch.

Soljer
Originally posted by bigbran
infinity watch.

yes

Co-signed.

Cosmic Flame
When the Avengers invaded Monster Island, Gamora was able to take down the Vision with no help before she fell against them, so she's certainly no push over.

Without the gems the IW has a more difficult time, but not much. After all, only Warlock, Thanos and Moondragon really knew how to utilize their gems. I still think they'd probably pull a majority.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thanos should be able to take on 3 or 4 jlaers by himself. The other dangerous ones would be drax and moondragon. gamora is good, but she ain't beating wonder woman. and warlock ain't beating martain manhunter. Flash Takes Maxam out by vibrating thru his skul. Maxam doesn't have super speed or reflexes from what I remember. he is as strong as the hulk, but that means the big donut to an imp. Superman probably would stalemate drax with the pg. only becuz drax was never smart enough to use it right. but thanos is over kill. he takes out half the league by himself. The league I suggested would be much better in fighting the iw.

darthgoober
and warlock ain't beating martain manhunter.

How do you figure that? Warlock's thrown a beatin to Mephisto single handedly, and he took on Thor without his gem(he lost that fight but still). Unless I mistaken he has advanced resistace to mental attacks, so I just don't see him going down to Manhunter.

olympian

What did current Darkseid "do"?

joesha28
He screwed Highfather big time.

B dot Rob
The league I suggested would be much better in fighting the iw.

Full on Speed Force Wally could probably take the Watch (minus Gems) by himself

Full on Ion Kyle can definately take the Watch (minus Gems) by himself.

Seriously you are overselling the Watch and underselling the JLA, I mean this match is a lot more closer then it looks. For example, the Flash alone would give the Watch a handfull of problems as they are not used to dealing with speedsters on his level that actually abuse their speed (I'm looking at you Silver Surfer).

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by darthgoober
How do you figure that? Warlock's thrown a beatin to Mephisto single handedly, and he took on Thor without his gem(he lost that fight but still). Unless I mistaken he has advanced resistace to mental attacks, so I just don't see him going down to Manhunter.

Oh yes, but Mephisto is evil and much more subject to a karmic blast. THe MM has no such weakness. Also MM is stronger and faster than Warlock, With many more powers at his disposal.

leonidas
Adam Warlock
Gamora
Moondragon
Pip the Troll
Thanos
Maxam

vs

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash (Wally West)
Martian Manhunter
Aquaman

who wins this match-up

with thanos, the watch is too much.

complexbrother
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Infinity Watch takes this battle w/o gems. With The gems, they win 10/10.

I'm in agrement

complexbrother
Oh yes, but Mephisto is evil and much more subject to a karmic blast. THe MM has no such weakness. Also MM is stronger and faster than Warlock, With many more powers at his disposal.

oh I choose to disagree ...Intelligence: Beyond Human. Adam Warlock sees things differently than others
Strength: Superhuman Class 50, able to increase that by a factor of four by augmenting himself with cosmic energy.
Speed: SuperHuman
Stamina: Nearly Inexhaustible
Durability: Nearly Indestructable
Agility: SuperHuman
Reflexes: SuperHuman
Fighting skills: Adam Warlock's fighting skills were not taught to him . He developed them on his own while fighting enemies. He has developed fighting skills to rival the best Martial Artists.
Special Skills and Abilities: Vast Knowledge of Strategy, and the Occult. Adam Warlock has the ability to fly. He is outside the realm of Chaos and Order so therefor he knows the Universe as no other mortal. He has demonstrated superhuman physical powers with his new abilities to see a person's aura and touch/go into their soul.
Superhuman Physical Powers: Besides the above listed attributes, Adam Warlock has the power to fire out some type of cosmic energy blasts, capable of destroying a mountain top.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Adam Warlock has demonstrated no psionic abilities. But he seems to have be immune to psionic attacks. He also has a firm grasp on reality.
Special Limitations: Getting too insane can turn him into the Magus
Source of Superhuman Powers: Adam Warlock's power were gained by the means of his birth. The scientists endowed him with powers so that he could be the perfect human. He also gains extra power from his Soul Gem.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by complexbrother
oh I choose to disagree ...Intelligence: Beyond Human. Adam Warlock sees things differently than others
Strength: Superhuman Class 50, able to increase that by a factor of four by augmenting himself with cosmic energy.
Speed: SuperHuman
Stamina: Nearly Inexhaustible
Durability: Nearly Indestructable
Agility: SuperHuman
Reflexes: SuperHuman
Fighting skills: Adam Warlock's fighting skills were not taught to him . He developed them on his own while fighting enemies. He has developed fighting skills to rival the best Martial Artists.
Special Skills and Abilities: Vast Knowledge of Strategy, and the Occult. Adam Warlock has the ability to fly. He is outside the realm of Chaos and Order so therefor he knows the Universe as no other mortal. He has demonstrated superhuman physical powers with his new abilities to see a person's aura and touch/go into their soul.
Superhuman Physical Powers: Besides the above listed attributes, Adam Warlock has the power to fire out some type of cosmic energy blasts, capable of destroying a mountain top.
Superhuman Mental Powers: Adam Warlock has demonstrated no psionic abilities. But he seems to have be immune to psionic attacks. He also has a firm grasp on reality.
Special Limitations: Getting too insane can turn him into the Magus
Source of Superhuman Powers: Adam Warlock's power were gained by the means of his birth. The scientists endowed him with powers so that he could be the perfect human. He also gains extra power from his Soul Gem.

ALL of that is nice, it's still not enough to beat martian manhunter.

darthgoober

Yes, but how is Manhunter going to bring down Warlock. Manhunter my have a speed advantage, but I'm betting that it's not enouugh to secure a victory for him. And I know that Manhunter a wide variety of powers at his disposal, but nowhere ne as many when you combine Warlock's power cosmic with all the abilities the gem grants. Warlock is as powerful as a low level Herald without the gem, so I don't think he has much chance of loosing with it.

Crease
I made a thread pitting AW vs MM and got 4 replies, but I think it's a very close fight. Even with AW amping his strength to the 200 ton range MM is still stronger and faster. The deciding factor would be how MM stands up to a Karmic blast. And as an intangible, Thanos of Titan respects no one as much as AW. There's a reason for that.

bigbran
doesnt warlock have knowledge of stranges spells?

bigbran
cause if he does, then well that would make it an even bigger win.

B dot Rob
To my knowledge Adam Warlock is probably only slightly better then Doom with his magic.

celestialdemon
I would go with the Watch. Thanos would of course be the deciding factor because he can take a number of the 7 on his own. Hell, without Maxam, the Watch almost defeated all of Earth's heroes at the same time in Infinity War.

R.O.T. Yahman
Originally posted by olympian
What did current Darkseid "do"?

Does Current Darksied include Morissons version (Who actually killed all the other skyfathers, in the Rock of Ageis) or the jobber version, who has existed since OWAW ?

Are the Infinity Watch allowed to use their gems ?
Is Kyle Ryner in his most current Ion form ?
Are we talking about Morrisons Aquaman (the one with the hook), the most recent rendition (the one with magic hand) or Tempest (He can do anything with water) ?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Does Current Darksied include Morissons version (Who actually killed all the other skyfathers, in the Rock of Ageis) or the jobber version, who has existed since OWAW ?

Are the Infinity Watch allowed to use their gems ?
Is Kyle Ryner in his most current Ion form ?
Are we talking about Morrisons Aquaman (the one with the hook), the most recent rendition (the one with magic hand) or Tempest (He can do anything with water) ?
Darksied isn't in this fight. But hell's yeah, darksied will always be the one who kills all the sky fathers.

doctorstrongbad
The Infinity Watch and Thanos beats the Big 7 any day of the week. If they can use the gems then its 10/10.

B dot Rob
I keep saying the only people in the watch with access to gems are Warlock and Pip :/. And of course this is Waterbearer hand Aquaman and Current Kyle.

bigbran
I keep saying the only people in the watch with access to gems are Warlock and Pip :/. And of course this is Waterbearer hand Aquaman and Current Kyle. ya, thats what was stated.

B dot Rob
sniper

draxx_tOfU

eh? with or without the gem, warlock is a powerhouse....

this is a guy who takes on abstracts....

he aint called godslayer for nothing....

Thanos_THOTU
Warlock can kill anyone there instanly by taking away their soul.
And Thanos is ever more powerful.

draxx_tOfU

check the respect thread......

i didnt even know the soul gem could matter manipulate and devovle beings AND demons......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.