A Wall of Separation

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
This is an excerpt from an article I read recently. What do people think of this ruling and what effects the legal precedence set should have today?

Victor Von Doom
Sounds like an essay question.

Gregory
I think the Senate can issue all of the reports it wants, but the only people whose interpretation ultimately matters is the Supreme Court. Damn good thing, too.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Gregory
I think the Senate can issue all of the reports it wants, but the only people whose interpretation ultimately matters is the Supreme Court. Damn good thing, too.
Look out, someone might put the Ten Commandments outside a court or hold church services in the Capitol.

Gregory
Huh?

Strangelove
First, let me say that I'm an agnostic. And I have no problem with religion. I have a problem with ultra-religious people. Like Evangelical Christians and Hasidic Jews and Orthodox Muslims. Without an open mind, there is no expansion of knowledge, and thus no further understanding of how the world works. But even then, I think religion should be free to do as it wishes in the U.S., as long as they don't try to use their religious beliefs as politics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.