special editions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi212guy
What are some things you all prefer from the original trilogy before the 1997 re-releases? What are some things that you like better of the new version?

I'll go first. I like the original song in Jabba's palace. I didn't like the new dance sequence. I enjoyed the improved graphics in ANH when they attacked the Death Star. Your thoughts?

JediOasis
I liked the scene's on Hoth with Luke in the cave as well as the celebration scene's at the end of ROTJ.

queeq
I don't think either ESB or ROTJ needed any additions. Although the Bespin exterior shots are great they didn't add much to the film. And the rancor is as ugly as ever.

I think ANH is the only one that really needed it and it looks great now.

finti
I liked the original ending of ROTJ better than the special edition. Se ending of ROTJ is kind of inspired of the happenings in the former east block countries.

Edna witch
I liked the new bespin bits. Especially just little touches like adding a window when they were walking along the hallway so you could see the hustle and bustle outside. Just little touches like that really make it impressive!

Darth V
I really like the new ending in ROTJ. I just hate the new celebration song. The old Ewok celebration song were great!
I also love the new scene in ROTJ with the Banthas walking in the dessert. Sounds weird, but I think it's one of the coolest things added to the film.

jedi212guy
I like the added graphics on Bespin, but I hated it when they changed Darth Vader's line, "Bring me my shuttle!" I thought it showed his frustration at Luke's escape. I hated, "Inform my SD to prepare for my arrival." There was no need for that!

queeq
Agreed 212, the other line was much better. As if they WOULDN'T inform the SD if Vader was on his way.

And the Bantha's WERE great, but just eyecandy.

jedi212guy
I liked it better in ESB when Luke DIDN'T scream. It made it sound like his silence was resignation to his fate. I just think that it didn't fit with him letting go of the pole.

Zareil
no, no, I quite enjoyed the scream. Oh and I agree the ending of ROJ was better but the old song would have been better to go over it. The question is what else could have been added...

jedi212guy
I agree. The old song was much better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.