Spooony's Palace of Punctuation!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§P0oONY
Okay, I'm noticing a lot of people who haven't quite grasped the concept of punctuation. Well, I'm here to help you.

The first thing you need to know it that you put a capital letter at the start of every sentence and at the start of every proper noun (like a name)

"The man named Tom punched the guard"

Now we have to add a full stop (.) to the end of the sentence.

"The man named Tom punched the guard."

A comma (,) is used to break up the clauses in a sentence, often to reduce the number of connective words. A comma is also used in lists.

"The man named Tom punched, kicked and killed the guard."

An apostrophe (') is used when something belongs to someone or when abbreviating word's.

"The father's son named Tom punched, kicked and killed the guard."

The Question Mark (?) is used when simply asking a question. it replaces the full stop.

"The father's son named Tom punched, kicked and killed the guard?"

The exclamation mark (!) is used when exclaiming or interjecting. This also replaces the full stop at the end of a sentence.

"The father's son named Tom punched, kicked and killed the guard!"

Brackets are used in a sentence to add some background to the sentence, though the words in the brackets are not essential to the text.

"The father's son named Tom (short for Thomas) punched, kicked and killed the guard!"

Quotation marks or Speech marks (""wink are used when some thing is being quoted or someone is talking.

"The father's son named Tom (short for Thomas) punched, kicked and killed the guard while shouting "Die you bastard!"."

A semicolon (; ) is used in an extended list, or when expanding on something said in the clause prior.

"The father's son named Tom (short for Thomas) punched, kicked and killed the guard while shouting "Die you bastard!"; the guard had slept with Tom's wife."

That's all the punctuation I'm going through and I'm pretty sure that's all you really need....

If I made any errors in this and someone feels like pointing them out... You bastard... stick out tongue

~Da Rev~
*colin powell picture*

Morning_Glory
dont make me read all that... dsfjsdlfkjsd.?!{}"{{+

§P0oONY
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
*colin powell picture*

w00t

Nazgulinthedark
Yay for punctuation!

Aureck Pon
did you actually spend time doing that and then making me read iteer

§P0oONY
Yeah, I wrote it.

Did I make you read it?

Aureck Pon
maybe

VanillaCocaCola
Poop.

Devalion

LanceWindu

Bloigen
http://www.picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10899/col.jpg

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Bloigen
w00t

TOH
*Enters*

?Whatzup! + #

Piggle Humsy
My dog ate my homework embarrasment

AOR

§P0oONY
"If I made any errors in this and someone feels like pointing them out... You bastard... "

A whole 3 errors... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Piggle Humsy
I count 6...

no expression

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
I count 6...

no expression

w00t

Piggle Humsy
smart

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
*colin powell picture*
Originally posted by Bloigen

K.Diddy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.