J.K Rowling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Guy Fawkes
Hey j.k said that the people die will be big enough so no half writer can bring the harry potter books to his or hers ideas. what is up with that so all writers who have ideas cant do them now. Well bigger writers like george lucas of starwars lets people contunied from his stories why cuz he's nice enough to let them. J.K is only thinking about herself. Screw you j.k

SeptemberRain
Of course she is only thinking about herself. She does not have a media empire like George Lucas. Harry Potter is her only creation to date. She has banked millions on it and does not want anyone cashing in on her money train. It was her first good idea; I dont think she would want anyone to take that away from her. She is going to write children's books, but everyone believes that nothing she does now will compare with her Harry Potter series.

x_hp_fan
I wouldn't want people writing things based on a story I came up with when I'm dead and gone. But I'm such a pushover I probably wouldn't do like J.K. Instead I would just hope that they don't mess up the story. embarrasment

Guy Fawkes
yes but when u look at starwars George lucas didnt make it famous the people writing mini stories about it made it famous

x_hp_fan
Well, aren't those like fanfics?

Guy Fawkes
we are all fans right why cant we write our own books on harry potter

l.saratn
Because it is HER published work which is protected under a copyright. If you were to have permission from her that's a different story. Lucas has had many a success along with Star Wars. He is the guy who discovered Pixar. He has given permission for people to make their own thing. Like he gave permission for Space Balls.

Guy Fawkes
yes but sometime spinoffs of copywrited work is better look at weird al yankonic his music is as good or better then the original

l.saratn
It all depends on who is the owner. In this case Rowling doesn't want ANYONE to do anything with it

allofyousuckkk
How can someone be mad that she won't let them work of of her books. There is always a chance they can screw up what she did.

Example: She kills Harry off in the 7th book, but somebody writes an 8th where he comes back. Of course, the fans would eat it up because they would hate to have Harry dead. Thus, her great idea and ending, is ruined.

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Guy Fawkes
yes but when u look at starwars George lucas didnt make it famous the people writing mini stories about it made it famous No. The big hit movies made it famous.

dondo
true...

Barker
Hey j.k said that the people die will be big enough so no half writer can bring the harry potter books to his or hers ideas. what is up with that so all writers who have ideas cant do them now. Well bigger writers like george lucas of starwars lets people contunied from his stories why cuz he's nice enough to let them. J.K is only thinking about herself. Screw you j.k
Last I checked, it was Rowling who Created the Series. Are you implying that you know better than her?

Guy Fawkes
well she writes what she thinks we want to read but in a sence we know what we want to read so why not write it

dondo
because if the book was written with what we want in it,....they would probably be very boring....most would have wanted sirius to live...harrys parents to be alive...it would make the stroy boring

The Phantom
Seriously, you all are selfish. IT IS HER WORK! IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT YOU ARE BEING AN IDIOT AND DESERVE TO DIE THIS INSTANT.... I'm waiting.

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by The Phantom
Seriously, you all are selfish. IT IS HER WORK! IF YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT YOU ARE BEING AN IDIOT AND DESERVE TO DIE THIS INSTANT.... I'm waiting.

Oh yeah, and even if she does make Harry die, or something that'll make in incontinuable, they'll probablly say something in an authors note "Please disregard everything that occured in book 7"

maham
Originally posted by TheKingofKINGS!
Oh yeah, and even if she does make Harry die, or something that'll make in incontinuable, they'll probablly say something in an authors note "Please disregard everything that occured in book 7"

laughing True! laughing

Barker
well she writes what she thinks we want to read but in a sence we know what we want to read so why not write it
She writes what she Has planned to happen. And I know a lot of people want to read what she writes.

You perfer fanfiction over the real thing? Lame.

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Barker
She writes what she Has planned to happen. And I know a lot of people want to read what she writes.

allofyousuckkk
You prefer fanfiction over the real thing? Lame-o.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker

maham
I personally think she's really selfish.

x_hp_fan
I personally think she sorta has the right idea, because what if they mess up her story!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.