Darkseid vs Silver Surfer,Runner & Adam Warlock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Can these three powerful characters take down Darkseid?

B dot Rob
They can but won't unless Adam Warlock gets prep.

Tassadar
Yes.

D-Block
He goes down.

Inhuman
DS is murdered

golem370
I love how people think killing a Elder would be easy or even possible.

Inhuman
Originally posted by golem370
I love how people think killing a Elder would be easy or even possible.

There is more than 1 elder here

Mider999
he stops time and space around runner, he owns the others easily

leonheartmm
runner alone might destroy him. adam warlock is no pushover, battling thanos etc. surfer is a good support character too.

Juntai
Darkseid.

bigbran
warlock is outside time and space. so i dont see how the omega effect is going to do anything to him.

darthgoober
Agaist any one of these guys, I think Darksied wouln't have a problem, but I think the three of them together is just to much.

bigbran
Originally posted by darthgoober
Agaist any one of these guys, I think Darksied wouln't have a problem, but I think the three of them together is just to much. mysterymachine

Mider999
why do some of you use dumb emicons that dont even make sense

warlock is outside the loop of order and chaos not time and space and runner can be stopped if darkseid aged him like thanos did, or stop him using time and space like he did with godwave ares, surfer would be left to die

Jesse7
Originally posted by bigbran
warlock is outside time and space. so i dont see how the omega effect is going to do anything to him.

Doesn't matter if hes outside the multiverse and all of eternity and LT's jurisdiction, the only ones safe from the Omega effect are those who are purposely protected by the source.

leonheartmm
come on now. superman heat vision is nearing the power of the omega affect these days{on panel} no1 seriously thinks the omega affect could have destroyed the antimoniter do they. thats what u call PIS.

Jesse7

Jesse7
As I said the only ones protected from the OE are those chosen by the source, and superman is important to the source.

Call it PIS or not but I dont think Adam Warlock is going to be protected by the Source.

bigbran
Originally posted by Mider999
why do some of you use dumb emicons that dont even make sense

warlock is outside the loop of order and chaos not time and space and runner can be stopped if darkseid aged him like thanos did, or stop him using time and space like he did with godwave ares, surfer would be left to die whaha. what would it do to adam then?
and thanos used the time gem.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonheartmm
come on now. superman heat vision is nearing the power of the omega affect these days{on panel} no1 seriously thinks the omega affect could have destroyed the antimoniter do they. thats what u call PIS. Really? Worked on Imperiex too.
Worked on Secret from Young Justice, who was an really high end character learning from Hal/Spectre and the New Gods.

Just because Superman can take on Darkseids' shots, doesn't mean everyone has a chance, when it's been stated specifically that he has some sort of unknown protection from his powers, believed to be directly from The Source by Darkseid.

Juntai
whaha. what would it do to adam then?
and thanos used the time gem. Darkseids eye beams can devolve and deage people too. Have many times. Has even turned super beings into ordinary people.

bigbran
Originally posted by Juntai
Darkseids eye beams can devolve and deage people too. Have many times. Has even turned super beings into ordinary people. even if he can do that, i still dont think hes wiping warlock out with it.

Jesse7
Warlock is not on the level of DS, much less is Warlock protected by the source, Warlock is completely out classed here.

DS 10/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
The Omega effect can do what ever darksied wants them to do to his intended target. Erase, remove, de-age, age, smash, move, restructor. what ever he can dream up. He would have no problem witht he runner,even tho the runner is very powerful, he isnt' the brightest cookie around for an elder, and adam warlock at best would last one panel against darkseid. Surfer would be the challenge, and he would be put down after a nice 2 page fight.

darthgoober
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
and adam warlock at best would last one panel against darkseid. Surfer would be the challenge, and he would be put down after a nice 2 page fight.

When written to his full potential, I would say that Warlock is a way bigger threat than Surfer. The Soul Gem technically gives Warlock power over ALL souls, that means if Darkseid has a soul(no matter how dark and/or powerful), Warlock at least has a shot at taking him down. Now I don't think he could beat Darkseid on his own, but when you throw in the power of the Surfer and Runner, I think they take the majority.

Inhuman
The Omega effect can do what ever darksied wants them to do to his intended target. Erase, remove, de-age, age, smash, move, restructor. what ever he can dream up. He would have no problem witht he runner,even tho the runner is very powerful, he isnt' the brightest cookie around for an elder, and adam warlock at best would last one panel against darkseid. Surfer would be the challenge, and he would be put down after a nice 2 page fight.

Runner isnt the brightest cookie? He is billions of years old. He runs free. Its not in his character to act like a know it all like the other elders.
That doesnt mean he isnt smart. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Darkseid has been put down by far less. He goes down.

Juntai
Originally posted by Inhuman
Runner isnt the brightest cookie? He is billions of years old. He runs free. Its not in his character to act like a know it all like the other elders.
That doesnt mean he isnt smart. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Darkseid has been put down by far less. He goes down. Far less? You mean Superman, who's pretty much immune to his powers?
or his own son?
Not a very good example.

Other than that, Darkseid hasn't been defeated.

Jesse7
If you think the Runner can defeat DS...then you are very mistaken...

Inhuman
Originally posted by Jesse7
If you think the Runner can defeat DS...then you are very mistaken...

Did I ever say that? The debate here is runner,surfer & warlock vs. DS.
These 3 guys can take him out. If they fight smart they take him no prob.
I know its blahsphemy for anyone below the presence to take out DC's bad boy to some fanboys, but these 3 can do it.

leonheartmm
ugh surfer fanboys saying runner will lose and surfer would last for a long time. drivin me nuts. the omega affect has limits. superman has survived it enough times for that to be apparent. not to mention doomsday didnt even get scratched by it.

Juntai
ugh surfer fanboys saying runner will lose and surfer would last for a long time. drivin me nuts. the omega affect has limits. superman has survived it enough times for that to be apparent. not to mention doomsday didnt even get scratched by it. Depends on what he's using it for, and Superman is nigh immune to it, and that has been pointed out on panel. Even commented on by Darkseid. Superman surviving it doesn't help the case at all. Especially when skyfather beings who have no such specifically mentioned immunities to it, fell victim to its effects.

And Doomsday DIED when he was hit with it, but came back to life a bit later.
"So it is true.. you ARE beyond death."

nvrbeenwthagirl
ugh surfer fanboys saying runner will lose and surfer would last for a long time. drivin me nuts. the omega affect has limits. superman has survived it enough times for that to be apparent. not to mention doomsday didnt even get scratched by it.

Actually Supers is immune to being killed by it. He can be hurt very badly or removed from darksied's immediate galaxy. That is why WW blocked it. Supers was already injured. But I can't think of anyone else who can stand up to the Omega effect but Supers and Orion. Orion can stand up to it becuz he has the astro force and is the omega force's heir, while supers is partially protected by the source.

darthgoober
Actually Supers is immune to being killed by it. He can be hurt very badly or removed from Darksied's immediate galaxy. That is why WW blocked it. Supers was already injured. But I can't think of anyone else who can stand up to the Omega effect but Supers and Orion. Orion can stand up to it becuz he has the astro force and is the omega force's heir, while supers is partially protected by the source.

Yes, but the Runner is an Elder of the Universe, Now I was under the impression that couln't be killed by anything because Death refused to accept Elders into her realm, so while Darkseid might be able to do the same kinds of things that he does to Supes with the Omega affect, he shouldn't be able to use it for an instant kill should he? I'm not trying to pretend to be an expert on Darkseid, so correct me if I'm wrong.

B dot Rob
He could use it to age/devolve the Runner or BFR him into a blackhole or something.

Juntai
Yes, but the Runner is an Elder of the Universe, Now I was under the impression that couln't be killed by anything because Death refused to accept Elders into her realm, so while Darkseid might be able to do the same kinds of things that he does to Supes with the Omega affect, he shouldn't be able to use it for an instant kill should he? I'm not trying to pretend to be an expert on Darkseid, so correct me if I'm wrong. He can still send him to oblivion with it, seal him out of the dimension with it, devolve him like Thanos with the gem...or any number of a billion uses it has.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Yes, but the Runner is an Elder of the Universe, Now I was under the impression that couln't be killed by anything because Death refused to accept Elders into her realm, so while Darkseid might be able to do the same kinds of things that he does to Supes with the Omega affect, he shouldn't be able to use it for an instant kill should he? I'm not trying to pretend to be an expert on Darkseid, so correct me if I'm wrong.

IF they are in DC's universe, Death, doesn't have that deal with tcertain characters, as Heaven and Hell both have to deny someone in order for them to be immortal. In that case he gets killed. If they are in marvel, then darksied, is going to figure out the runners gimmick and do the same thing to him that thanos did. only he doesn't need the time gem. his omega effect can do it all on his own.

bigbran
IF they are in DC's universe, Death, doesn't have that deal with tcertain characters, as Heaven and Hell both have to deny someone in order for them to be immortal. In that case he gets killed. If they are in marvel, then darksied, is going to figure out the runners gimmick and do the same thing to him that thanos did. only he doesn't need the time gem. his omega effect can do it all on his own. but he isnt just fighting runner.

Jesse7
Thats just it, he can take runner out in a mico second, then do the same to Surfer and Adam warlock.

nvrbeenwthagirl
but he isnt just fighting runner.

But it's not like Darksied is some weak cookie that can't last against attacks from all three. Darksied as shown in precrisis, and presumably the same since infinite crisis happened and every thing in dc for the last 20 years is subject to tampering, would be able to beat each one easily. Wich means none of them is dishing out enough dmg to really bother him. while he picks them off one by one. Ten to one the surfer would have to race for infinity to stay ahead of the omega effect once it locks on him. Darksied can simply pummel warlock and deage the runner.

bigbran
But it's not like Darksied is some weak cookie that can't last against attacks from all three. Darksied as shown in precrisis, and presumably the same since infinite crisis happened and every thing in dc for the last 20 years is subject to tampering, would be able to beat each one easily. Wich means none of them is dishing out enough dmg to really bother him. while he picks them off one by one. Ten to one the surfer would have to race for infinity to stay ahead of the omega effect once it locks on him. Darksied can simply pummel warlock and deage the runner. So, he can basically fire multiple ob's at the same time?

nvrbeenwthagirl
So, he can basically fire multiple ob's at the same time?

Hell yeah.

Jesse7
yes

Juntai
And If we want to use the most current incarnations, Darkseid just whispers at them ftw. lol. See if they can overcome the anti-life equation.

leonidas
ale=screwed . . .

Tony Stark
confused

Explain to me why SS can't take DS out by himself...? And What is DS going to do to SS thats really going to flat out stop him cold?

IMO SS>DS The Runner and Adam are spectators.

golem370
Here are some cool feats of the Silver Surfer http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Explain to me why SS can't take DS out by himself...? And What is DS going to do to SS thats really going to flat out stop him cold?

IMO SS>DS The Runner and Adam are spectators.

Pimp slap him into the next dimension. OE and disperse his molecules across the universe. Take away the power cosmic with the Omega Beams and take a piss on him. Age him with the Omega Beams until he's a Silver Prune. Jam his Surfboard through him. Go back in time before Surfer got his powers and eat his face. etc etc etc

charlemagne9746
These characters are nothing to Darkseid. Here are some of Darkseid's feats.

1. Darkseid effortlessly disintegrates a pre-crisis Daxamite(a race that is stronger than Kryptonians)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p6a9d963c9bf1d453cc02e8f39e19024d/f9db7939.jpg

2. Darkseid turns Validus from a legion bashing beast to a helpless mortal child.

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pbfc5f1f8c8863de17f2156405dc7b135/f9db793f.jpg

3. Here is Darkseid stunning Kalibak, the same Kalibak who was barely fazed by three consecutive, window-shattering punches from The Supermen of America's Brahma, said to have Superman level strength, and Darkseid accomplishes the task of TKOing Kalibak with a casual backhand:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/pf909e531ab62f5079caa76997edb6699/f9e2aa31.jpg

4. In Super Powers vol.2 #6, Darkseid, with a wave of his hand, projected his power through a hologram of himself, and effortlessly defeated Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and multiple other heroes --- Jack Kirby himself collaborated on this scene:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid106/pe0fb5c86846dadf5ae802dc927a747fa/f9707780.jpg

charlemagne9746
5. It was strongly implied and basically outright stated in a roundabout way in New Gods#15 that all pre-JKFW Darkseid losses were avatars, and that the "true" Darkseid likely can't lose on the physical plane:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid102/pe25f4376ec5cb89f75df348afec891be/f9cca559.jpg

6. In Anarky's series, Blasfemy, a demon powerful enough to stand up to Etrigan in a slugfest, and actualy hurt Etrigan with his energy blasts. as well as take Etrigan's physical and energy-based assualts without being KOed, even when his arms were pinned, was introduced:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pd3da497dec8d1e77e1fbc60db204a16b/fb9772a1.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p0185292573d8698f5c2b3ef2cb8d5552/fb97729c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pe6a9fd1a531e2181465df7036ec14505/fb977295.jpg

Despite this power, when faced by a Darkseid avatar, described in this issue as merely one aspect of Darkseid's omnipotent being (and in the past a small extrusion of a part of his nearly infinite energy), Blasfemy's energy blast does absolutely nothing to the avatar, as he effortlessly walks through it, picks Blasfemy up by the neck, Blasfemy struggling with both arms futiley to break his grip, and decapitates him with a single close range blast from The Omega Beams:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pfb700d0239af41ae30c19a0dca247350/fb977017.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p9d8f230eac94b9c36a1673697f858e4c/fb977015.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p7bb7be6db6fd90b6a730a10ccfe514bf

B dot Rob
And also don't forget, Apokalipse wasn't affected by the crisis so Pre-Crisis Darkseid and Post Crisis Darkseid are the same person.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Jesse7
Thats just it, he can take runner out in a mico second, then do the same to Surfer and Adam warlock.

If he were that fast. Which he isnt.

bigbran
pwnzered!11

B dot Rob
Darkseid is just as fast as Pre Crisis Superman. shifty

charlemagne9746
7. Darkseid's Omega Beams have also hurt The Spectre, who was staggered by them, before being forced to counter (slowly) with his own energy:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pa3dc34a72e383294e662d0d93f4cc4c0/fbd7b508.jpg

8. From The Great Darkness Saga, Darkseid is unfazed by Mon-El's attack and proceeds to KO him and put him into a coma with a single blast:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/p1b688426af4b6e2ded2e20d2166a93aa/fbc4e6a5.jpg

9. From Stern's Superman run, when Superman challenges Darkseid, saying "Over my dead body!" after hearing of his schemes, Darkseid traps Superman in the ground for several panels with his Omega Beams, further stating "Do not TEMPT me, Superman", as if he could easily kill Supes if he desired it so:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid100/p0b61009840e364c381c4570f49b851cb/f9e393e8.jpg

10. Here is Yuga Khan, who M'onel (a being who's confronted Superman, Mordru, Lobo, etc.) said was, by far, the most powerful being he ever encountered, and who was said to be able to end civilizations with an eye blink, plus cut off all New Gods from The Source, easily bested New Genesis' armies, and absorbed the life energy of entire planets to get back up to full power after his release from The Source Wall, in a conversation with Highfather. He is Darkseid's father. When Highfather states how someone will find him and kill him for his attempts at breaching The Source Wall, before he was trapped, he states that no being in existence, save his own son, has power even remotely approaching his own, and adds that sons can never kill their fathers, implying that Darkseid actually has the raw power neccessary to kill Yuga Khan, if you remove the father/son clause:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid101/p01f2af13c056f5aa084b426e3d20d88e/f9d58829.jpg

11. In Lobo's Greatest Hits, the JLA-bashing, Superman-stalemating/sometimes bashing, Despero-hurting, M'onel-stalemating, Captain Marvel stalemating, WW-pimpslapping, Etrigan-stalemating Lobo punches Darkseid at super-speed to no effect, save to hurt Lobo's hands, before Darkseid shrugs him off, and wipes him from existence with The Omega Beams, or begins to at least, before a time warp clause inside a black hole saves him:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/p7dd906736ac2be9d03280421467fc339/fbbed87d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pc850fb548199a5fe0be0c93616f0bca2/fbbed877.jpg

12. Agogg was a Doomsday/Kurse-level beast able to easily defeat Lightray and Orion: Darkseid shows he's too impressed for words, really, when he casually wipes a cowering Agogg from existence with The Omega Effect:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pe12af34b9fc5f553a279bbdeaa0a08c7/fbd4f8d3.jpg

13. After Darkseid absrbed the power of so many Pantheons he killed across the universe, even Odin seemed wary of his power, stating to The Asgardian Pantheon that it was beyond their ability to reckon:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pcc284506f49c858285524d58d7741261/fa66603f.jpg

14. During The Hunger, Darkseid used his matter and energy manipulation abilities to create and empower automatons with the strength to stagger Galactus, hungry as he was, and 'Seid did it with nothing more than a thought:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p84ca5d6ac342876539f692cd6aa01810/fa6408e2.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p29c62f8a4702170c71e021243f8e0003/fa6408d9.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p2c608e03e58741795f6d446ef37f6f32

15. During GDS, Darkseid proved capable of teleporting Apokolips and Daxam at once, holding them literally in his mind as they're switching locations and galaxies, and mind-controlling 3 billion Daxamites:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pc677ab2c0b95683cd3079854cf6f5809

16. During Crisis, Darkseid sheilded The New Gods' continuum from its effects and ensured its survival by chanelling his Omega Beams through Alex Luthor, who acted as a conduit between Apokolips and the normal DC continuum, with Darkseid's tech (his "science"wink allowing him to shoot Omega Beams ("gaze"wink through Alex's eyes at The Anti-Monitor. The Anti-Monitor is dying, afterwards, y his own admission. He's also weakened to the point where Superman destroys him with one punch, when before, all of the heroes combined couldn't dent him and he defeated The Spectre:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pf470422715f46aee1182578a39bf1983/fa8e2bd7.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/pd7a5ed683ad49a78cf5d52b7d4b3919f/fa8e2bd3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p9ed9a6ffd5d5e37c2753d80695d888b4/fa8e2bcc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p0c3572ee5010f1d2d9ae966e4c7f2cd0/fa8e25d5.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid88/p31135cd0ffec6366a07b0ceb61732fbf/fa8e25d2.jpg

17. Darkseid projects his dark essence into The Source, and forces it to open itself to him, as his very essence causes it agony, which, taken at base value, appears at least a skyfather-level feat:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/p50e4e9ce1cb5f7accdae4df5cc642e7a/f9143934.jpg

charlemagne9746
lol..and don't forget..in a crossover....Darkseid effortlessly swatted Silver Surfer aside.

golem370
These guys have the abilities speed and experience to beat him.

B dot Rob
The only one that could do anything to him is Warlock via Soul Absorbtion but I doubt that it wouldn't do anything but annoy him for a few days until he escapes.

Inhuman
Anytime Darkseid is put up vs. anyone its the same damn thing :
He can erase them cause they are not essential or not protected by the pressence blah blah. roll eyes (sarcastic)
What a one dimentional character. No one mentions , hes good at h2h, or very strong, or smart, durable ect.
Its like the guy is a statue just shooting eye beems at everyone.
Its almost as bad as batgod wins if he has any prep, wolverine, supes win because they are popular.
With that logic, then Reed Richards > anyone marvel or DC
whatever hero is put up against reed, if it be tyrant, ion, superman prime, spectre, Living tribunal - it doesnt matter. My one and only responce to any well thought out argument would be:
"He can erase them with the Ultimate Nulifier" Nuff said. doesnt matter what logic you threw at me thats final, "they get destoyed by the UN"

golem370
Silver Surfer could manipulate the energy from the OE you have two extremely fast characters in Silver Surfer & Runner and extremely powerful to.

charlemagne9746
Darkseid, written as he should be, will overwhelm the Marvel team. Those three guys combined can't beat Odin or Thanos...so, i'm sure they couldn't take Darkseid either.

bigbran
Anytime Darkseid is put up vs. anyone its the same damn thing :
He can erase them cause they are not essential or not protected by the pressence blah blah. roll eyes (sarcastic)
What a one dimentional character. No one mentions , hes good at h2h, or very strong, or smart, durable ect.
Its like the guy is a statue just shooting eye beems at everyone.
Its almost as bad as batgod wins if he has any prep, wolverine, supes win because they are popular.
With that logic, then Reed Richards > anyone marvel or DC
whatever hero is put up against reed, if it be tyrant, ion, superman prime, spectre, Living tribunal - it doesnt matter. My one and only responce to any well thought out argument would be:
"He can erase them with the Ultimate Nulifier" Nuff said. doesnt matter what logic you threw at me thats final, "they get destoyed by the UN" agreed. Noone ever looks at darkys strength.

B dot Rob
Wow @ Silver Surfer manipulating OE. Galactus couldn't even manipulate the OE...................

bigbran
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Wow @ Silver Surfer manipulating OE. Galactus couldn't even manipulate the OE................... No galactus took the OE.

charlemagne9746
Even in that crossover..not even Big G could KO Darkseid

bigbran
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
Even in that crossover..not even Big G could KO Darkseid you mean, a weak galactus, that didn't try to ko darkseid, but all he did was knock him away, but it didnt knock him out.

charlemagne9746
Even in the crossover though, Silver Surfer was depicted as being well beneath Darkseid....with Galactus and Darkseid supposed to be the main event.

bigbran
Even in the crossover though, Silver Surfer was depicted as being well beneath Darkseid....with Galactus and Darkseid supposed to be the main event. yes, an extremely weak galactus.
and you also mean, after ss beat orion, darkseid OEed surfer from behind, and i feel that that puts darkseid above surfer.

darthgoober
The only one that could do anything to him is Warlock via Soul Absorbtion but I doubt that it wouldn't do anything but annoy him for a few days until he escapes.

Wait, now you said before that the team could win if Warlock had prep, so even if Darkseid was only put out of commission for a few days, that gives Warlock prep time. More than enough prep time since when he absorbs a soul, gains access to the victims thoughts and memories. He would know how to beat Darkseid, because Darkseid knows. Besides he wouldn't have to because putting Darkseid down even for a couple of days wins this fight. So even if he does manage to escape from the gem and kick all of their asses that's a different fight, and they still won the initial battle.

Also, does the Runner have the Time Gem for the purposes of this fight because that could make a HUGE difference?

golem370
Are really brining up Crossovers. Superman has withstood the OE Silver Surfer could to.

golem370
Well of course

leonheartmm
surfer is NUTHING compared to the runner or adam warlock with the could gem. get that in your head fanboys!

Inhuman
Also, does the Runner have the Time Gem for the purposes of this fight because that could make a HUGE difference?

runners gem was the reality gem and that would be overkill.

darthgoober
Well of course

Well if he does have the Time Gem, that takes any chance of Darkseid be able to mess with his age. The gem is the only reason Thanos was able to do it. I don't know if he's ever been shown to do it(if anybody else does, your imput would be appreciated), but he could also theoretically freeze Darkseid in time, and they could work him over at their leisure.

charlemagne9746
So, basically...all three of these Marvel characters have to have gems or be stronger than normal to defeat Darkseid? That tells you that Darkseid is more powerful then. Ask yourself this though. Could all three of these characters combined defeat Odin or Rune King Thor? If not, then they won't be able to defeat Darkseid either.

bigbran
So, basically...all three of these Marvel characters have to have gems or be stronger than normal to defeat Darkseid? That tells you that Darkseid is more powerful then. Ask yourself this though. Could all three of these characters combined defeat Odin or Rune King Thor? If not, then they won't be able to defeat Darkseid either. rkt is way above odin.

Inhuman
So, basically...all three of these Marvel characters have to have gems or be stronger than normal to defeat Darkseid? That tells you that Darkseid is more powerful then. Ask yourself this though. Could all three of these characters combined defeat Odin or Rune King Thor? If not, then they won't be able to defeat Darkseid either.

These guys dont need the gems to defeat Darkseid.
And dont compare DS to RKT or odin for that matter. All he has going for him vs. those guys is the cheap OE. Current DS is not above skyfather.

darthgoober

What? It's the extras that make this a fight. Who cares if he's better than their lowest levels, everyone knows THAT wouldn't be a fight. By your reasoning Rune King Thor is a weaker character than the Surfer because thats not how Thor was introduced, that level of power is something that he got later on. For that matter, standard Thor is a weaker character than Hulk, because the abilities granted to him by his hammer aren't his own.

charlemagne9746
Inhuman...read those feats that I listed of Darkseid....those other characters can't compete with that...even with the gems. Darkseid, written as he should be, is close to Galactus' power. The OE is only weak because of who is writing it. The OE has been shown to hurt Spectre and Anti-Monitor....if it can hurt them...it would destroy the three marvel characters here. Darkseid has vast strength...stronger than all three combatants here. Darkseid has many many avatars....who is to say that Darkseid couldn't sit and watch while this Marvel team battles the avatars....and Darkseid stand up and blast them all to kingdom come. I think it was Mordru or some uber powerful entity that said Darkseid was invincible. This Marvel team is powerful...but, they aren't on the same level as Darkseid.

bigbran
Inhuman...read those feats that I listed of Darkseid....those other characters can't compete with that...even with the gems. Darkseid, written as he should be, is close to Galactus' power. meow.

Inhuman
Inhuman...read those feats that I listed of Darkseid....those other characters can't compete with that...even with the gems. Darkseid, written as he should be, is close to Galactus' power. The OE is only weak because of who is writing it. The OE has been shown to hurt Spectre and Anti-Monitor....if it can hurt them...it would destroy the three marvel characters here. Darkseid has vast strength...stronger than all three combatants here. Darkseid has many many avatars....who is to say that Darkseid couldn't sit and watch while this Marvel team battles the avatars....and Darkseid stand up and blast them all to kingdom come. I think it was Mordru or some uber powerful entity that said Darkseid was invincible. This Marvel team is powerful...but, they aren't on the same level as Darkseid.

I think you missed my post at the bottom of page 3. Its about a paragraph long. That post still stands.

charlemagne9746
Darkseid, as written by his creator, is above Rune King Thor in power....Darkseid's feats are that impressive.

B dot Rob
Wait, now you said before that the team could win if Warlock had prep, so even if Darkseid was only put out of commission for a few days, that gives Warlock prep time. More than enough prep time since when he absorbs a soul, gains access to the victims thoughts and memories. He would know how to beat Darkseid, because Darkseid knows. Besides he wouldn't have to because putting Darkseid down even for a couple of days wins this fight. So even if he does manage to escape from the gem and kick all of their asses that's a different fight, and they still won the initial battle.

Actually now that I think about it, given Darkseid now knows the ALE, if Warlock soul absorbs Seid he's either going to get owned by the ALE or become a Cosmic Entity.

That and I doubt Darkseid knows how to beat himself :/.

B dot Rob
These guys dont need the gems to defeat Darkseid.
And dont compare DS to RKT or odin for that matter. All he has going for him vs. those guys is the cheap OE. Current DS is not above skyfather.

Oh and if you haven't got it yet

CURRENT DARKSEID IS ON THE SAME SCALE OF POWER OF PRE-CRISIS DARKSEID BECAUSE THE PRE-CRISIS DIDN'T AFFECT HIM

How? Because Darkseid = Hip Hop (oh and he protected his dimension from it with raw power) smokin'

Juntai
Actually now that I think about it, given Darkseid now knows the ALE, if Warlock soul absorbs Seid he's either going to get owned by the ALE or become a Cosmic Entity.

That and I doubt Darkseid knows how to beat himself :/. Darkseid is neccisary to existance, I'm doubting an instant win can be pulled off of attacking/trapping his soul. Spectre actually destroyed him entirely, and he just reappeared.

darthgoober

That and I doubt Darkseid knows how to beat himself :/.

I doubt that Warlock would be destroyed by the knowledge, but it is likely he would become a cosmic.
Warlock w/ALE + Runner + Surfer= Darkseid owned

If darkseid doesn't know his own weaknesses than he's not as smart as everyone thinks.

Juntai
Are really brining up Crossovers. Superman has withstood the OE Silver Surfer could to. Superman is specifically written as being protected from it, Surfer is not.

B dot Rob
No, it's because he's so damn powerful, I doubt he even has one.

Validus
Are really brining up Crossovers. Superman has withstood the OE Silver Surfer could to.
At which point did Silver Surfer reach Superman level in power?

charlemagne9746
The Soul gem probably wouldn't work on Darkseid anyway.

darthgoober
The Soul gem probably wouldn't work on Darkseid anyway.

It will if he has a soul(though I guess that is debatable).

Tassadar
It will if he has a soul(though I guess that is debatable).

The SG cant manipulate certain souls, like those of Galactus and Infinity/Eternity.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tassadar
The SG cant manipulate certain souls, like those of Galactus and Infinity/Eternity.

They're abstracts, they don't really have souls, do they?

Tassadar
They're abstracts, they don't have souls do they.

They have souls according to Adam Warlock.

charlemagne9746
If the soul gem does work in the fight...it is likely that the gem would only claim a Darkseid avatar. Once Darkseid approaches Warlock again...Warlock is gonna have a wtf?? look on his face...lol

bigbran
so basically, it's darkseid and his avatar vs this team?

charlemagne9746
no..it's just Darkseid...but he does make use of his avatars all the time...no reason why he wouldn't in this fight...the poster never said he couldn't use avatars..lol.

charlemagne9746
It's kind of like this...Darkseid could make an entire army of avatars if he really wanted to. The Marvel Trio would have no way of knowing which Darkseid was the real Darkseid. The real Darkseid could sit there and just laugh at the Marvel team while they are fighting off the avatars. If he gets tired of looking at the battle...he could open up a boom tube and send them inside the Source Wall....or inside a black hole in some other galaxy

darthgoober
They have souls according to Adam Warlock.

Fine make a liar outta me embarrasment . But those are actual abstracts, has there ever been a non abstract who's soul he couldn't mess with?

What is that scan from anyway?

Rols
And this guys could take an army of Avatars short of the real one.. I think this fight would depend on which universe they're fighting from
DC they stand no chance, Marvel they curbstomp Darkseid, id like to think OE's would'nt have desame effect in Marvel but a concussive force..

B dot Rob
Even without the OE Darkseid would pimp these guys.

golem370
No prep no avatars unless Thanos gets Fallen One Adam Warlock gets Gamora or Drax with the power gem as there's Plus there is no proof that OE would effect these characters to.

Tassadar
Fine make a liar outta me embarrasment . But those are actual abstracts, has there ever been a non abstract who's soul he couldn't mess with?

What is that scan from anyway?

The Thanos miniseries.

Tassadar
Even without the OE Darkseid would pimp these guys.

laughing

Tassadar

In that crossover, Surfer did take the OE.

Tassadar
Notice how, 2 pages later Surfer is completely fine?

nvrbeenwthagirl
rkt is way above odin.

So is Darkseid. Darksied the way he was written is supposed to be just under abstract. He's waaay beyond skyfather's. He is a beast. His true strength is unlimted. His mind is brilliant, and he his avatars all are equal to superman. he is not one to be messed with.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Validus
At which point did Silver Surfer reach Superman level in power?

confused

I believe the real question is when did SS get immensely depowered down to Superman's lvl...?

wink

nvrbeenwthagirl
Notice how, 2 pages later Surfer is completely fine?

Of course, Galactus is right there providing the power cosmic and all of it's healing properties. Notice how Darkseid is also fine right after being blasted by Galactus in the same story?

darthgoober
runners gem was the reality gem and that would be overkill.

Sorry, for some reason I've always thought that the Runner had the Time Gem. My bad.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Sorry, for some reason I've always thought that the Runner had the Time Gem. My bad.

charlemagne9746
SS and Superman are equal...no proof exists that one is above the other. Pre Crisis and Superman Prime are well above SS. It is basically stated by Martian Manhunter that nothing on a physical plane can defeat Darkseid.....you basically have to be abstract and above to defeat the real Darkseid. PIS only allows him to lose to his enemies. If this is a true fight against the real Darkseid..with no PIS....Darkseid owns them so bad. The OE damaged Anti-Monitor....and AE would own this Marvel Team with ease. In on instance...Darkseid beat Superman down with only three punches....i'd like to see any member of this Marvel team do that....i think as a whole..this Marvel team would have a bit of trouble with a full powered supes'

Soljer
SS and Superman are equal

laughing laughing laughing

charlemagne9746
lol...well, they are...it's only personal opinion that puts one above the other

Inhuman
no

charlemagne9746

yes

Superman and SS are about the same level. A blast of power cosmic is not gonna beat Superman...and SS surely can't hang with Supes' when it comes to fists. I personally rank Supes' a little ahead of SS....but, i think they could just about split a series of 10. Too bad we will never really know who would win...unless both characters were in the same line of comics.

nvrbeenwthagirl
SS and Superman are equal...no proof exists that one is above the other. Pre Crisis and Superman Prime are well above SS. It is basically stated by Martian Manhunter that nothing on a physical plane can defeat Darkseid.....you basically have to be abstract and above to defeat the real Darkseid. PIS only allows him to lose to his enemies. If this is a true fight against the real Darkseid..with no PIS....Darkseid owns them so bad. The OE damaged Anti-Monitor....and AE would own this Marvel Team with ease. In on instance...Darkseid beat Superman down with only three punches....i'd like to see any member of this Marvel team do that....i think as a whole..this Marvel team would have a bit of trouble with a full powered supes'

Most of what you say is true. But Supers and SS are not equal. Supers has SS on strength, durability, and combat speed. SS has supers on so many other lvls tho.

Inhuman
Supes will go down with a full blast of power cosmic.
oh,... and there is always the fact that surfer can hit superman with red sun radiation, kryptonite blasts, all while sucking up all his solar energy.
Then Surfer can turn superman into a staute.

charlemagne9746
I understand that their powers are different. I just meant they were about equal in terms of who would win the most fights in a series. But, this is a debate that will never end...lol...Supes' fans can debate SS fans til the end of time...and neither side is gonna give in...so, it's really pointless in debating...but, that's what these forums are for...and debating can be fun..lol

Anyway, this is about Darkseid vs this Marvel team

bigbran
actually the supes fans have accepted that ss is over supes.

charlemagne9746
I don't think all of them have. Are you saying SS is over current Superman..or any Superman? Pre-Crisis would own SS

darthgoober
I don't think all of them have. Are you saying SS is over current Superman..or any Superman? Pre-Crisis would own SS

Wasn't pre crisis vulnerable to red sunlight and kryptonite, because Surfer could simulate those easily.

charlemagne9746
SS wouldn't know Supes' weaknesses in a chance fight. Pre-Crisis was also much faster and stronger...I think the fight would be pretty much over before it got started.

charlemagne9746
That's why they made pre-crisis Supes' have those weaknesses. If he didn't have them...he'd be pretty much omnipotent against anyone beneath Darkseid.

darthgoober
SS wouldn't know Supes' weaknesses in a chance fight. Pre-Crisis was also much faster and stronger...I think the fight would be pretty much over before it got started.

As I recently had pointed out to me, forum rules are that the characters have basic knowledge of each other so he would know about kryptonite.

charlemagne9746
I wonder how that would work then. Even if SS could simulate it...would it have the same effect? If not, SS wouldn't know off hand where to get the real thing.

darthgoober
I wonder how that would work then. Even if SS could simulate it...would it have the same effect? If not, SS wouldn't know off hand where to get the real thing.

I'm pretty sure it's been shown that simulated red sunlight will affect Superman(other wise it never would have came up unless Supes was trying to fight under a red sun, but now that I think about it, basic knowledge wouldn't include the energy signiture of kryptonite radiation so Surfer couldn't use that).

darthgoober
Boy have we strayed off topic or what. smile

Rols
I'm pretty sure it's been shown that simulated red sunlight will affect Superman(other wise it never would have came up unless Supes was trying to fight under a red sun, but now that I think about it, basic knowledge wouldn't include the energy signiture of kryptonite radiation so Surfer couldn't use that).

I think thats were CA would be used to pinpoint energy signatures of such radiation..

darthgoober
Originally posted by Rols
I think thats were CA would be used to pinpoint energy signatures of such radiation..

It's not that much of an issue because the red sunlight would suffice

B dot Rob
laughing

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooow.

charlemagne9746
Yeah, the red sunlight would weaken Supes'..not all at once though. I'm sure when the fight starts...SS will be having to deal with Supes' punches....heat vision, etc.. He would have to get a breather to simulate it. Pre-Crisis Supes' is also extremely fast...SS would have to hit him with it. If SS could concentrate that energy on him..then, yeah...SS would probably win. Otherwise, Superman wins....and he can physically knock SS out.

darthgoober
Yeah, the red sunlight would weaken Supes'..not all at once though. I'm sure when the fight starts...SS will be having to deal with Supes' punches....heat vision, etc.. He would have to get a breather to simulate it. Pre-Crisis Supes' is also extremely fast...SS would have to hit him with it. If SS could concentrate that energy on him..then, yeah...SS would probably win. Otherwise, Superman wins....and he can physically knock SS out.

Wait we're still off topic, we should pick this up on the other thread. devil

darthgoober
I just bumped the thread, care the meet me there charlemagne.

charlemagne9746
lol...yeah...i'll meet ya there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.