Sun-dipped Superman and GL Hal vs Uber Defenders

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Acrosurge
Superman has sundipped for a day. He and Hal Jordan combine their might against the following Marvel team:

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull
Quasar
Nova w/full Nova Force and Worldmind
(Classic) Silver Surfer
Captain America

Don't confuse this for a spite thread. If you think the DC team has a shot, please expain your rationale. If you think the Marvel team takes it, how many guys can Supes and Hal put away before they go down?

You see, I once saw a shoe. I looked at that shoe for a long time, but it never quite seemed right. So, I put that shoe on the other foot, just to see how it would fit. Just how do people perceive their characters? That's what I'm trying to find out?

B dot Rob
Captain America might be the only casualty on the marvel side :/.

Seriously Aunt May has better odds against Carnage then Hal and Clark have to win here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
I tend to agree. this is too much for these Two. Now had you said Takion and Prophecy Orion. Yes. Hal and Clark. NO.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I tend to agree. this is too much for these Two. Now had you said Takion and Prophecy Orion. Yes. Hal and Clark. NO. I may take you up on that. For now, I'm replacing Hal Jordan with recent Ion-Kyle.

They fight the Marvel Roster:

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull
Quasar
(Classic) Silver Surfer
Captain America

Does anything change?

Avalonofthewind
Two problems with this thread.

A: Sundipped Supes has shown NO weaknesses.
B: We don't know how powerful current Ion is.

That would make it tough to have an accurate decision.

Superboy Prime
IMO Sun-Dipped Supes will one shot Thor, Beta Ray Bill, Super Skrull and possibly Quasar.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

That would make it tough to have an accurate decision. Purposeful problems, Ava. I was trying to compensate for the unknown extent of Current Surfer's power in the Thor/Surfer vs JLA thread.

Soleran

That would make it tough to have an accurate decision.

Is Hal Ion? Even if Superman is sundipped he goes down.

Defenders win.

Superboy Prime
The creator made it Ion instead of Hal.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
The creator made it Ion instead of Hal. Thanks SbP, you're correct. Recent Kyle-Ion.

These forums are unwieldy when it comes to editing old posts. I apologize for the confusion.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Soleran
Is Hal Ion? Even if Superman is sundipped he goes down.

Defenders win.

Have you seen any weaknesses for a sun dipped Superman? He's ridiculously amped with even a few minutes exposure.

The thread started gave him a full day on top of that.

Soleran
Have you seen any weaknesses for a sun dipped Superman? He's ridiculously amped with even a few minutes exposure.

The thread started gave him a full day on top of that.

An amped wall of strength against several folks whose powers include siphoning energy. Not that big of a deal really, in my opinion.

Avalonofthewind
An amped wall of strength against several folks whose powers include siphoning energy. Not that big of a deal really, in my opinion.

It is when said energy is put on par with avatars of entropy.

That's damn powerful. You can't absorb it if it can kill you instantly.

Soleran
It is when said energy is put on par with avatars of entropy.

That's damn powerful. You can't absorb it if it can kill you instantly.

I agree except its Mljonir and Stormbreaker as well as SS and Quasar who doesn' t even need to absorb but rechannel! It's not like they are having to hold it within their physical bodies.

I still see the Defenders winning the Majority here.

Avalonofthewind
I agree except its Mljonir and Stormbreaker as well as SS and Quasar who doesn' t even need to absorb but rechannel! It's not like they are having to hold it within their physical bodies.

I still see the Defenders winning the Majority here.

Well, You're entitled to your opinion.

I still go with undecided since we don't know exactly how powerful Ion is yet. I do know a sundipped supes can 1 shot anyone on that team though.

Soleran
Doh I didn't see that he changed Ion with Hal, yeah that makes me a bit reserved.

However based on what we know the Team Defenders win.

kgkg
Sun dip supes just help Surfer get stonger smile............ to much fire power.....Thor can match Hal..........Quasar can absorb Supes energy.

rotiart
Sundipped Superman... and Current Ion???

Captain America asks for 1 second. He walks up to Thor and Silver surfer.. and makes motions like he's removed some kind of invisible dog collar...

WMT and No holds bar surfer to the rescueeeeeeee

"Sic em!"

Rols
Too much power and versatility for both Supes/Hal to handle.. Even Sundipped..

Jesse7
Im going to agree with Avalon on this one, I dont believe they could siphon or manipulate Supes energy at all with a full day of being sun dipped, even a few minutes I would say they couldnt, but with a full day I think its completely over kill.

P.S. In a cannon cross over Supes one shot Thor to the head with a punch and KO'ed him, this was non sun dipped supes.

P.S.S. Sun dipped supes for a day, who has no weaknesses and has never been shown to be able to be siphoned, and no SS/Quasar/BRB/Thor cannot siphon or manipulate some one whos energy is on Enthropys level thats way beyond them, thats like a ant to a bear.

charlemagne9746
A sun dipped Supes could probably solo that team

bigbran
cough, um no!

Rols
Quasar could definitely handle an energy of that level and just dump it in the quantum zone. Correct me if im wrong but didnt SS absorbed and contain energies mainly psychic energy that would have layed waste/destroyed that universe.. That was in the Blackbody saga ( a whole bunch of Blackbody avatar collected souls of that universe like Galactus ). Thor/BRB absorbing feats are no slouch either.. So yeah i think this guys could handle that much energies..

charlemagne9746
lol...i was waiting for a comment like that. Nah...Supes' dipped for one day can't take it on his own....but, a nice 1 year dip...oh hell yeah

Deathstroke
I know that not much is known about the current Ion at this point, but it seems like he is being completely overlooked.

B dot Rob
You answered your own query

Soujaboy
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Superman has sundipped for a day. He and Hal Jordan combine their might against the following Marvel team:

Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Super Skrull
Quasar
(Classic) Silver Surfer
Captain America

Don't confuse this for a spite thread. If you think the DC team has a shot, please expain your rationale. If you think the Marvel team takes it, how many guys can Supes and Hal put away before they go down?

You see, I once saw a shoe. I looked at that shoe for a long time, but it never quite seemed right. So, I put that shoe on the other foot, just to see how it would fit. Just how do people perceive their characters? That's what I'm trying to find out?

Thor, BRB, or Surfer just absorb the radiation out of Supes and he go's down.

Ion gets taken out by the combined power of the team wink

Soujaboy
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
A sun dipped Supes could probably solo that team

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.