Did Burton or Shumacher ever comment on 'Begins' ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
I never heard anything, but i was wondering either of those directos shared their thoughts on Batman Begins

NoFate007
Not that I know of. Burton would be like "Hm, damn, Chris Nolan did a better job." and Schumacher would say "...Nope. Isn't gay enough. I hate it."

chase el
Originally posted by NoFate007
Not that I know of. Burton would be like "Hm, damn, Chris Nolan did a better job." and Schumacher would say "...Nope. Isn't gay enough. I hate it."

hahaha agreed

Myth
I have a feeling that Burton would really be appreciative of what Nolan did and Schumacher would just be bitter.

WrathfulDwarf
Schumacher probably don't even care. Burton? probably thinking on what role to cast Johnny Depp for his next movie.

OB1-adobe
Shumacher probably thought it was good.

I have kinda come to peace with that guy. The more I learn, the more I find out that it was Warner Bros. who are responsible for killing the franchise.

There the ones who were pissed that it didn't sell toys
there the ones wouldn't let Tim Burton do another one
The result of that made Keaton not want to do another one
there the ones that wanted shumacher to do it the way he did.

Then the 4th one bombs, and they're pissed at him?

fukin movie industry man.

Never trust the suits! Thats my motto

Mr Parker
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Shumacher probably thought it was good.

I have kinda come to peace with that guy. The more I learn, the more I find out that it was Warner Bros. who are responsible for killing the franchise.

There the ones who were pissed that it didn't sell toys
there the ones wouldn't let Tim Burton do another one
The result of that made Keaton not want to do another one
there the ones that wanted shumacher to do it the way he did.

Then the 4th one bombs, and they're pissed at him?

fukin movie industry man.

Never trust the suits! Thats my motto

thank god keaton and Burton DIDN'T do another one. big grin two was more than enough. sick and no,Im not a schmacher fan either for his batman movies.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Schumacher probably don't even care. Burton? probably thinking on what role to cast Johnny Depp for his next movie.

Yep I think thats an accurate way of putting it. thumb up

chase el
both directors sucked... keaton sucked as batman as well. The current cast and directors are whats needed

amen

Mr Parker
amen brother.you hit the nail right on the head.you are so right. Happy Dance thumb up rock

bakerboy
For i know, both loved it.

By the way, in fact, burton has a new role for his friend Depp, "sweeney tod".

Silverstein
depp as batman? heh, atleast depp doesnt have a beer belly and was half balding lol

Mr Parker
Oh yeah I heard about that that he plans on making sweeny todd and and that Depp will be in it as usual.I am convinced Burton and Depp are lovers.They need to get married.Seriously I dont know of any director in hollywood that casts the same actor over in over again in all his films like Burton does with Depp.I mean look at Harrison Ford a great actor and very good friends with Steven spielberg.But you dont see him casting Ford in practically every movie ha makes though.

Praylu
Well this is the sixth time Depp and Burton work together but it's not entirely unlike other fellow film directors. Sam Raimi has actually worked with Bruce Campbell on six of his films as well.

Silverstein
-raimi and cambell's relationship are not at the same level as depp and burton.

-did anyone think depp was a good willy wonka??

-the only other director i know that might cast someone twice in two movies is m night. w/ bruce willis, and phoenix. but thats it

Smasandian
Well, Schumacher did pitch the original idea of Batman Begins from Frank Miller's Year One.

Silverstein
his 'idea pitch' wouldn't be taken seriously, since he lost his credibility w/ the film being a total crap fest. And can you confirm him pitching the original idea?

I see George Clooney on tv and it looks like he regrets his involvement in the batman movie franchise lol

Praylu
Originally posted by Silverstein
-raimi and cambell's relationship are not at the same level as depp and burton.

-did anyone think depp was a good willy wonka??

-the only other director i know that might cast someone twice in two movies is m night. w/ bruce willis, and phoenix. but thats it

Is that so? Raimi and Bruce have been friends since they were both in high school, which is numerous years before Depp and Burton became friends.

James Cameron cast Michael Biehn & Arnold Schwarzenegger in four of his films. John Singleton cast Tyrese in three of his films. So on and so forth....

Silverstein
Originally posted by Praylu
Is that so? Raimi and Bruce have been friends since they were both in high school, which is numerous years before Depp and Burton became friends.

James Cameron cast Michael Biehn & Arnold Schwarzenegger in four of his films. John Singleton cast Tyrese in three of his films. So on and so forth....

well i havent seen Arnold in roles that are significantly different. I mean, Depp...edward scissor hands, to a chocolatier...i mean, he wasn't terrible, but there mightve been a better Wonka out there.

Praylu
Wonka I can agree on, if anything the entire style of the character we saw on film especially physically should have been totally different. Perhaps Depp might have been miscast, but I don't blame him for the substandard Wonka character depicted by Burton.

Silverstein
Originally posted by Praylu
Wonka I can agree on, if anything the entire style of the character we saw on film especially physically should have been totally different. Perhaps Depp might have been miscast, but I don't blame him for the substandard Wonka character depicted by Burton.

the thing i liked about the old Wonka film was; Wonka's actor, i prefer the original films oompa loompa's and their songs, and some of the scenes, like charlie running home through town, and the music...although i guess it's good having a sort of alright fresh update to the film...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.