Who are your favorite Stand-up Comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy Archer
Don't know if this is cool here.

Anyways I was just listening to George Carlin and was laughing my ass off. Who are your favorite stand-up acts?

§P0oONY
Jack Dee,
Dylan Moran,
Eddie Izzard,
Bill Bailey,
Ross Noble...

My top 5 favourite.

Flamboyant4Life
Dane Cook
Richard Pryor

Quincy Archer

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Quincy Archer
Eddie Izzard! notworthy

He is a ****ing legend. yes

Quincy Archer
That's a good list Spoon, I respect your taste.

§P0oONY
Arigato, I quite like it to... happy

LiL nAstY GirL
Wanda Sykes... I saw her live... I thought I was gonna die!

-Tired Hiker-
Old Eddie Murphy
Bob Zany
Imo Phillips
Carlin

H. S. 6
Lewis Black ftw. w00t

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Lewis Black ftw. w00t

Damn, that was good. You are good at this.

Piggle Humsy
Lee Evans - I literally almost died from laughing watching one of his shows!
Peter Kay
Emo Philips
Jimmy Carr
Ricky Gervais
Bill Bailey

Others which I can't think of right now...
and there are a lot of comedians which I think are hilarious who I haven't seen do stand-up yet..

Nazgulinthedark
Ron White notworthy
I don't watch a lot of stand up, but I saw an act by Jamie Kennedy on Comedy Central a while ago and thought it was the funniest thing I'd ever heard...seen...whatever.

BlackSunshine
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Eddie Izzard

Psyquis52
Victor Borge
Lewis Black
Eddie Izzard

Bun Bun
Dane cook
Steven linch
Chris rock

I don't remember names well wacko

Strangelove
Dane Cook
Bob Newhart
Jim Gaffigan
Mitch Hedberg
Steve Martin

Lyna303
ninja blade introduced me to Russel Peters....i think hes really funny...look him up on youtube....

Skeets
Originally posted by Lyna303
ninja blade introduced me to Russel Peters....i think hes really funny...look him up on youtube....
Yeah he's good.
Dane cook's a cornball imo...erm
My favorites
Eddie Murphy
George Carlin
Bill Hicks
Lewis Black
Sarah Silverman(Checked her out after AC somewhat recommended her)
David Cross
I missed a few but meh.

Alpha Centauri
Dane Cook is shit. Nothing more than a "comedian" for the American Pie humour fans.

Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Doug Stanhope, Sarah Silverman, David Cross and Stewart Lee are the only ones I listen to.

-AC

Lyna303
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Dane Cook is shit. Nothing more than a "comedian" for the American Pie humour fans.

Bill Hicks, George Carlin, Lenny Bruce, Doug Stanhope, Sarah Silverman, David Cross and Stewart Lee are the only ones I listen to, plus he screams too much...

-AC
yea i donno what all the excitment about dane cook is about....its all crap thats not even funny

Impediment
Bill Hicks-My absolute favorite.
George Carlin
Sam Kinison
Lenny Bruce
Richard Pryor
Rodney Carrington

Bardock42
Bill Hicks is my favourite and I don't know that much about others but I enjoy some of George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Doug Stanhope and Eddie Murphy ( I just watched raw..so there...).

smoker4
Bill Hicks
Richard Pryor
Chris Rock
Dave Chappelle
Eddie Izzard
Bill Bailey

DarkC
Dane Cook, Dave Chappelle, Rick Mercer.

I don't really watch stand-up comedy too much though.

Bardock42
I like Dave Chappelle, but I don't think I have seen his stand up ...hmm.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by Impediment
Bill Hicks-My absolute favorite.
George Carlin
Sam Kinison
Lenny Bruce
Richard Pryor
Rodney Carrington Excellent list of comedians, you got there. I'd have to agree with you on that. Sam Kineson especially yes.

Bill Hicks is great too. I'd only add Jim Gaffagen, and Dane Cook. Those are the only two newer comics that are able to get me to laugh.

Morning_Glory
Kathy Griffin cracks me up but I know a lot of people hate her... on her reality show she is really whinny and b*tchy

sweetness
Bill Hicks
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Dylan Moran
Tommy Tiernan
Sarah Silverman.

ladygrim
Jasper Carrot
Lee Evans
Peter Kay
Phil Jupitus
Eddie Izzard
Bill Bailey
Jimmy Carr

LonDon06
Josh Blue, you know the guy from Last Comic Standing?
He's my hero!

smoker4
Originally posted by Bardock42
I like Dave Chappelle, but I don't think I have seen his stand up ...hmm.

'For What its Worth' Showtime special is worth checking out smokin'

Impediment
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Excellent list of comedians, you got there. I'd have to agree with you on that. Sam Kinison especially yes.

Bill Hicks is great too. I'd only add Jim Gaffagen, and Dane Cook. Those are the only two newer comics that are able to get me to laugh.

Thanx. All of the brilliant ones have to die young, dont they? Its so disheartening. I've never heard of Jim Gaffagen, and Dane Cook, well, I've heard of him, but never actually watched any of his routine. I hear he's good, though.

Alpha Centauri
Dane Cook is some shit, overrated mug for young teens or older adults who are too stupid to get more sophisticated comedy, Imped. Dick and fart jokes for the MySpace generation.

Yes, that's elitism. Yes, you can take it to the bank and cash it.

-AC

Impediment
Dane Cook is some shit, overrated mug for young teens or older adults who are too stupid to get more sophisticated comedy, Imped. Dick and fart jokes for the MySpace generation.

Yes, that's elitism. Yes, you can take it to the bank and cash it.

-AC

There's nothing wrong with dick & fart jokes, at least IMO, as long as they're taken in small doses. That's why I listen to Rodney Carrington. He's a "redneck comedian" like Jeff Foxworthy, but X-rated. VERY funny man.

amity75
Russell Brand is my current fave. Though he's more a raconteur than a stand up comedian.

Alpha Centauri
There's nothing wrong with dick & fart jokes, at least IMO, as long as they're taken in small doses. That's why I listen to Rodney Carrington. He's a "redneck comedian" like Jeff Foxworthy, but X-rated. VERY funny man.

The key there is small doses.

Dane Cook is like...if you combined every "gross out" teen movie into a comedian, you'd get him.

-AC

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Just want to try something...****s.

H. S. 6
I find Dane Cook pretty funny. laughing out loud

The Pict
Peter Kay and Eddie Izzard

Bardock42
The key there is small doses.

-AC

Bill Hicks had some funny dick jokes....well, one comes to mind...

I have seen one bit by Kinision, it was pretty good...maybe I should watch more of that as well...

Victor Von Doom

Stewart Lee is the best non-famous comedian, and better than most comedians regardless.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom

Stewart Lee is the best non-famous comedian, and better than most comedians regardless.

Wow...that was the most open and direct one I read so far.

Impediment
Never heard of Stewart Lee.

Alpha Centauri
Never heard of Stewart Lee.

I imagine that's there the "Non-Famous" comes in.

-AC

Bardock42
I imagine that's there the "Non-Famous" comes in.

-AC

Well, thanks to VVD not anymore in this thread. Good job, VVD, good job.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.