What if the World was like the game Black and White...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kreiger
Where Gods are created all the time? And that's why there is so many religions

Imperial_Samura
A bit little Terry Pratchett, where belief is the birthing fuel for a God to exist. One thing is for sure - we would likely know for a fact these God's existed - since if you don't do things for your people in Black & White your powers runs away. Even if it's just harvesting our crops for us.

Darth Kreiger
Well the supposed "Miracles" could be considered like that, and I believe the Bible says If God proved himself then there would be no belief

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
Well the supposed "Miracles" could be considered like that, and I believe the Bible says If God proved himself then there would be no belief

God is not a "him". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Kreiger
Referred to as a He

Shakyamunison
Referred to as a He

The god formally known as He. laughing

Regret
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
God is not a "him". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Could be a "them" though.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
Could be a "them" though.

I just like to get on people about the "him", "he" and "his" thing. I have some girl friends who get offended by it, but they are all Buddhists. laughing

Regret
I just like to get on people about the "him", "he" and "his" thing. I have some girl friends who get offended by it, but they are all Buddhists. laughing

Yes, I have an aunt that is Wiccan (*spelling) and she goes on a tirade when the term "he" is used. wink

All the same, I believe God has a wife, this negates the stress over inequality, until they mention that she isn't discussed in the Bible. But then, we believe this is due to God's protective nature of her and us. I mean, if people were swearing by my wife's name I'd probably be hard pressed to not throw a few lightning bolts now and then, not to mention her feelings upon having that many children disrespecting her.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Regret
Yes, I have an aunt that is Wiccan (*spelling) and she goes on a tirade when the term "he" is used. wink

All the same, I believe God has a wife, this negates the stress over inequality, until they mention that she isn't discussed in the Bible. But then, we believe this is due to God's protective nature of her and us. I mean, if people were swearing by my wife's name I'd probably be hard pressed to not throw a few lightning bolts now and then, not to mention her feelings upon having that many children disrespecting her.

Really? I alway thought that the Holy Spirit was a feminine.

Regret
Really? I alway thought that the Holy Spirit was a feminine.

The Mormon view holds that it is a male.

Imperial_Samura

I believe the "proof destroys belief" clause as nothing more then attempt to justify the absence of God (either he just stays away or he doesn't exist at all)

And really, the Biblical miracles wouldn't really do much good in the black and white world - to far and few between. The Gods of Black & White had to take a really, really active part in the day to day lives of the peons. Hell, you even had to give them jobs and tell them to breed. And does the phrase "villagers neeeed food" ring a bell? I am only thankful the game didn't feature bowel movements for them. I can imagine the phrase "villagers need bottom's wiped" cropping up with suicidal regularity if it was included.

Darth Kreiger
Well they had to make it a Video Game, if you only got to do 1 every hour or so, it wouldn't be any fun

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.