3 main characters are starting to live their childhood dreams?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LovelyOne
I just picked up on something. In movie 2. It seems like each of the 3 main characters are asking themselves

"Am I REALLY satisfied with the way I live my life?"

They all seem to have been living a bit of a LIE before this movie. their repressed childhood dreams are beginning to surface again.

Elizabeth is showing signs that she doesn't want to be married to Will, she doesn't want to be honorable an lady like..and she is falling for Jack

Will is showing signs that he is becoming more interested in his father instead of Liz..

Jack is beginning to have feelings for people (mainly Liz) instead of his material possessions which he once held so dear.

All of this is very interesting because Elizabeth's childhood dream before she even met Will was to meet a pirate..she was fascinated with them...its what she WANTED most. Will intervening actually repressed that childhood dream of hers. He isn't enough to fill her emptiness inside...but JACK can

With Will his childhood dream before he even met Liz was to find his lost father..he wanted a father figure. Liz intervening stopped him being able to find it..the relationship with her doesn't REALLY give him what he craved since childhood. I don't think she is enough to fill that emptiness inside..but his FATHER can.

Now it comes to Jack. So far we haven't REALLY found out what Jack's been craving since childhood. We are however given hints in movie 2 (backed up by movie 1) as to what it is. I personally think movie 2 shows us that he wants a person to be close to him..instead of a material possession..In my opinion he wants to be able to put his love and faith into something that can actually love HIM BACK for once..he thinks these inanimate objects make him permanently happy when they CLEARLY cant...and you can tell that HE is beginning to to see this in movie 2..he lets them GO..

We don't know anything about his Mother...His father doesn't seem to have been there for him throughout his life..who ever he has been close to they often betray him...so that explains why he clings onto things like a Jar of dirt because he feels cant trust people to feel safe. It also explains why he puts up this fortress of an image in movie 1 he seems desperate to pretend to people that he is perfectly fine they way he is..when he STILL has that emptiness inside..material objects cant fill it. Him getting the pearl and his captain status back at the end of movie one never REALLY satisfied him hence the fact he's not actually satisfied movie 2 once he has everything he thought he wanted (compass) Those objects cant fill that emptiness inside but..but LIZ can.

you could see it...Jack was beginning to care for her and her feelings..she was making him feel HAPPY..he was a bit of a bumbling and scared mess before he met up with her in Tortuga..as soon as she she steps back into his life..he has reason to smile. every close moment he spent with her..he was either smiling, flirting..or laughing with her..he rarely if not at all smiles with such meaning during all the other Liz-less moments of the movie..

Keith Richards was supposed to actually be in movie 2 but cancelled..I think we were actually meant to realise in this movie through him that Jack has never had the love he REALLY craves...instead we have to settle for subtle...and NOT so subtle hints in movie 2 that having somone close to him is what Jack has probably always wanted since he was a kid..It will probably be confirmed in movie 3 with Jack's dad now...

So In my opinion movie 2 was all about each character questioning their lives and if they are happy with the way it is..They all actually get the chance to live out their childhood dreams in movie 2.

This movie ALSO showed us that the characters have a bit of a FEAR and denial when they are confronted with this question and new life. We leave them at the point where they are all thinking "is this new life WORTH it?"..after all its only movie 2..we still have the entire of movie 3 for each of them to realize where their heart TRULY lies...

diddly-dum
Gosh you guys put ALOT of thought into these things!

LovelyOne
I'm a film studies student..its my hobby laughing out loud I also have a day off work and I'm feeling ill...so I've been sitting at the comp all day with WAY to much to think about laughing out loud

diddly-dum
That explains it!

diddly-dum
I do have afew questions(I think),.. Will, is showing interest in his father only because he hasn't seen him since he was only a child.So, of coarse he'll be interested! Not to mention he is green with sea life on him,.. Sorta like a kid with a new toy,...
Liz,.. She still has feelings for will, but her feelings for Jack are not as strong . I think they (disney) WANT us to think that she is in love with Jack,.. but really it was all a set up!

Anyways thats my opinion

LovelyOne
He set off from England in pursuit of his father he longed to find him..instead he bumps into Liz..and the quest is halted. he later learns that his dad is still alive somewhere but Liz stops him thinking about it...for now..

Her feelings for Jack are clearly much stronger..heck so much so that she felt she had to remove the temptation by chaining it up at the end..the chemistry between the two is sizzling..she has always wanted a pirate..its her obsession Keira herself said that hear character prefers pirates..but she can't have that because Will intervened.

now both characters have been separated and they are starting to live their repressed dreams..and they are actually realising what is most important to them...which may not be one another...

diddly-dum
Well, I can't comment, because I don't remember what happed in the begining of the 2nd!! lol

LovelyOne
Their wedding was halted and Will left Liz in a cell and didn't even kiss her goodbye for some odd reason...he gets thrown into Davy's crew and bumps into his dad and his childhood quest to save him starts up again..meanwhile Liz bumps into Jack and she starts to live out her childhood fantasy of being a pirate..and being WITH a pirate..

At the beginning of movie 2 Jack has everything he thought he wanted in movie 1..yet is clearly still not satisfied..his comapss is "not working for him"..when it was actually pointing at Liz.

CaptinJackLover
^^ does anyone have any idea why he didnt kiss her? i thought that was stupid!

LovelyOne
Because obviously the characters priorities are switching around..Will and Liz being with each other..I honestly don't actually think that its real..its just the thing that is stopping them both from living out their childhood dreams..It's stopping them from having what they both really want in life..the relationship with Will is stopping liz from being able to be a pirate and Liz is stopping Will from finding and concentrating on his dad...when he finds his dad we can see that he has little to no time for Elizabeth..

diddly-dum
No he couldn't kiss her because the bars of the cell were to close toghether!

LovelyOne
he could have kissed her lmao! excuses...or he could have busted her out of there like he did with Jack..obviously she wasn't important enough to him let free...it just shows you that with Will...her life resembles restrictions..she cant be free when with him..married life is a no no for her

..she resembles a beautiful bird the swan( surname/beautiful dress)..who is meant to be free..but is stuck in a cage..Married life will mean this for her later on..
Will = restriction
Jack = freedom

diddly-dum
They probably got new cell doors,.. since the other ones were to easy to get out of??

LovelyOne
they looked pretty much the same to me..Will was more concerned with honor in this movie over being bad..where as Liz was more concerned with being bad compared to honorable..so Will wont bust that door open for her...he'll do what dear old beckett asks of him..who by the way is a baddie

With his character you can always see that he has trouble when it comes to saving her...It seems as if it was just easier for him to leave her there instead of doing anything too bold for her..

CaptinJackLover
LOL! but the bars we easy to get through still. they could both fit their heads through it!

diddly-dum
HE still loves her deep down though!

CaptinJackLover
yes but SHE loves JACK deep down

LovelyOne
Originally posted by diddly-dum
HE still loves her deep down though!

Yes but my point is that he loves her..but she has taken a backseat in his life in movie 2 His father will mean more to him in the long run I think..

and she loves william..but she is now IN LOVE with Jack sparrow..

CaptinJackLover
^^ YUP! LOVELYONE IS RIGHT!

diddly-dum
Like I said MANY times before, I'm young so Romance isn't the best subject for me.

CaptinJackLover
IM YOUNG TOO!

diddly-dum
You seem to have a better grasp on the subject than I do.

LovelyOne
lol thanks captainjacklover^^ my main point is this

William loves Liz..but his father has been whats important to him his WHOLE LIFE since his childhood even before he mes Liz..and it only makes sense that when he meets him again he forgets EVERYONE but his dad...

Liz loves Will...but she has been IN LOVE with the pirate life her WHOLE life..even before she met William. so its only natural that she falls IN LOVE with the man who resembles it best..and its NOT William..TRUST me..

Jack loves his material possessions...but he is IN LOVE with Elizabeth..he has probably ALWAYS wanted someone to love him since he was a child and has never got it...then Liz actually comes along..she has seen him laid completely bare and weak and she STILL has faith in his bravery..she loves him for him and not what he says he is...so its only natural that when he sees her again that he gains tremendous feelings for her..

CaptinJackLover
YEAH...IVE SEEN TOO MANY ROMANTIC MOVIES. I WAS FORCED TO! no expression

diddly-dum
OHH Harsh!

Jacky Sparrow
I can't understand why she should love Will more than Jack? For me he is like a brother to her (and not more).
I think she was fascinated of Jack from the beginning ?!

CaptinJackLover
^^YES SOOO TRUE!

diddly-dum
Because he's a pirate,.. If she doesn't want to be hung, then she'll stick with Will.
If off to the shower!

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
I can't understand why she should love Will more than Jack? For me he is like a brother to her (and not more).
I think she was fascinated of Jack from the beginning ?!

LOL thats my point..each character is slowly starting to realise what they really want in life since they were children...The most obvious being Will and Liz..and they are actually living their childhood dreams in this movie..which means no time for one another..

Liz=Pirates
Will=His father

with jack..judging by everything I have seen in both movies...he wants someone to love and be loved by.

CaptinJackLover
OHH Harsh!

YES VERY!

willofthewisp
I have one thing to say, and it's unfortunately in Will's defense. If you were an orphan and one day met your dad and he was in a really bad situation somewhat beyond his control, wouldn't your priorities change a little? I don't think Will consciously thought, "Liz isn't #1 anymore and I'd rather forget about her." He really can't do anything until he gets off the Flying Dutchman anyway. So his #1 priority there should be getting off the ship. Next, his dad really comes through for him more than once and is put in an even worse situation, so even the best lover in the world would have enough of a heart to want to help him.
Another thing, and I may be wrong on this, but does Beckett give Will a deadline to get the compass? Because if he has a lot of time, Liz is safer behind bars than his dad is out turning into a starfish. Without sounding cold, he can afford to put Liz on hold because she isn't in immediate danger. Even when he knows she's escaped, he loves her and worries about her, but he knows she can take care of herself.
All I'm saying is that you don't have to be growing apart from someone to take the time for someone who needs your help more.

CaptinJackLover
^^ that a good point

LovelyOne
I'm not saying Will is in the wrong for wanting to save his father..its what he has wanted since before he even met Liz. So can understand why he pretty much forgets about Liz for the time being

Same goes for Liz..she has wanted a pirate long before Will entered into her life. So its only natural that when she is stuck with Jack alone on a ship that she start to feel for him. I can understand why she forgets about Will..if she was REALLy thinking about him then she wouldn't have let jack gt to her like he did.

I feel as if Will left her there because he really doesn't have a knack for saving her..or doing anything bold to save her...even Gov. Swann can see it so he decides to take action..he has no faith in Will to save his daughter..and with good reason..it never really IS will who saves her..It's always been jack who has when she needs it most..in BOTH movies this is..

Instead of bravley saving Liz..he just leaves her there because its EASIER he is still having that problem of being bold around her..which actually pisses her off quite a bit..

LovelyOne
Because he's a pirate,.. If she doesn't want to be hung, then she'll stick with Will.
If off to the shower!

I honestly dont think Liz changed so much in movie 2 just to turn back into ddecent little Lizzie in a pretty dress by movie 3..characters dont develop backwards in stories..

She would have been hung ANYWAY had she not escaped because Will was off stuck on the dutchman whilst his deadline to get the compass slipped past I think confused

He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here..

He didnt go onto that island to find LIZ or Jack's compass ..he had no idea she was there ..he was there to stab the heart...what the heck happened to going back to port royal with the compass and saving Liz and your hides Will?

Even when he finds her he's like "oh just stay put with the chest whilst I do whats more important!" and she says "NO!" she's not going to be restricted by Will...thats more than clear..Jack never restricts her

Jacky Sparrow

LovelyOne
you mean that Jack uses Liz like a piece of furniture?

i dont think Jack actually does do that with Liz..he shows her a great deal of respect in the movie..when he's about to get the chance to kiss her..he is very very gentle with her which I wouldnt exect from Jack when it comes to one of his prositites....he actually seems afraid to touch her at times..he doesn't seem like he wants to hurt her...

Jack of Blades
Hmm furniture well thats meybe too much.anyways he was angry at jack for betraying him and when he saw his father he was kind a happy(Well exept for the part where he is being whiped)and he realy wants to save him.or did you expect that when he sees here theyl get on to kissing didnt you?

CaptinJackLover
i agree with LovelyOne

Jacky Sparrow
But for me Jack really cares more about her. Even at the cannibal scene Jack is worried when Will is telling him that Liz gets hung if he doesn't bring the compass.

And for me: When Will comes on that island and Liz kisses him he tries to speak very fast to the others and it seems to me, he does not enjoy the kiss that much.

Jack of Blades
his antenshion is on the guys not on her so i dont think he filed much

LovelyOne
Originally posted by Jacky Sparrow
But for me Jack really cares more about her. Even at the cannibal scene Jack is worried when Will is telling him that Liz gets hung if he doesn't bring the compass.

And for me: When Will comes on that island and Liz kisses him he tries to speak very fast to the others and it seems to me, he does not enjoy the kiss that much.

Yes I agree with you.

Jack doesn't actually seem all that bothered about Will being hurt but as soon as he mentions Liz he looks more concerned..

If I remember correctly..he actually stops in his tracks once Will mentions that Liz is in danger... I think..

When I saw that scene at first I was like "what the? I thought he cared about Will..he looks like he doesn't care..oh at least he is showing some care towards Liz now that Will has mentioned her"

I don't think Liz or Will got alot of emotion out of that Kiss...Me as a member of the audience sure didn't...it looked awkward to me..

What intrigues me is that when ever Liz and Will have a one on one moment..they are NEVER allowed to be alone..people are intruding upon it all the time..someone is aways watching them as if its a play in a theatre where the characters don't really mean what they feel when they perform love scenes..Its like its all window dressing when it comes to Liz and Will..its all false..It looks pretty but its actually a very empty looking kiss...

tia dalma
When Will appears on the island Jack's expression is all like Shit!. He tries to cover it up when Will talks about being tricked onto the flying dutchman. What! whistle hehehe
Aww, on ohjohnny.net, they watched the preview and there's one part when Jack asks "Did anyone come to rescue me because they missed me" and the crew goes silent then Jack the monkey puts up his paw. love

LovelyOne
LOL that just makes me think even more that Jack wants some love from someone..he's now seeking it in his life, its obvious..It may look like a joke..but I bet that little line has more meaning in it then we think..

In movie one he probably wouldnt even CARE if these people didnt come back for him because they miss him..He's starting to want some human companionship in his life..mainly from Liz me thinks..big grin

The Jack from movie 1 would have NEVER said anything like that..

CaptinJackLover
aww lol

willofthewisp
"He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here.."-------Lovely One

But does he really understand it all? Does he really get why the EITC wants the compass? I don't remember all the details, but Jack's compass is pretty powerful on its own. It shows you where the thing/person is you want most in the world. I thought Will believed they wanted the compass to have the compass, not exactly to get the chest. So if that was his logic, he wouldn't be forgetting Liz's safety.
If that's wrong and he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew Liz escaped anyway. She would have been hanged for her first charge of helping Jack plus running away, plus putting Beckett at gunpoint. So if he was reuinted with her, maybe he thought he would form a plan about what the two of them would do after it was all over.
I don't think he was thinking that far ahead, though, but he wasn't sacrificing Liz to save his father. I don't think he would ever willingly put her in danger.

One more thing, everyone gets on him for telling Liz to guard the chest while the guys fight. Guarding the chest is crucial! Had she stayed with it and guarded it as fiercely as she fights, maybe it wouldn't have fallen into the wrong hands and everyone would have been fine. It's not a bad thing, to want to protect someone, and it's not a bad thing to want a really, really, REALLY important object kept safe.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
"He also completley forgets about what he sets out to do..which is get the compass and get Liz out of prison..by the end of the movie all he cares about is stabbing that bloody heart..which means the EITC are going to be mighty PISSED at him if he does and they will probably hang Liz for it if she was stuck back in the cell. HE doesnt know that she has escaped when he promises to stab the heart for his father!!! Obviously his dad is more imporatent to him at the moment...he's forgotten about Liz's saftey completley here.."-------Lovely One

But does he really understand it all? Does he really get why the EITC wants the compass? I don't remember all the details, but Jack's compass is pretty powerful on its own. It shows you where the thing/person is you want most in the world. I thought Will believed they wanted the compass to have the compass, not exactly to get the chest. So if that was his logic, he wouldn't be forgetting Liz's safety.
If that's wrong and he knew exactly what he was doing, he knew Liz escaped anyway. She would have been hanged for her first charge of helping Jack plus running away, plus putting Beckett at gunpoint. So if he was reuinted with her, maybe he thought he would form a plan about what the two of them would do after it was all over.
I don't think he was thinking that far ahead, though, but he wasn't sacrificing Liz to save his father. I don't think he would ever willingly put her in danger.

One more thing, everyone gets on him for telling Liz to guard the chest while the guys fight. Guarding the chest is crucial! Had she stayed with it and guarded it as fiercely as she fights, maybe it wouldn't have fallen into the wrong hands and everyone would have been fine. It's not a bad thing, to want to protect someone, and it's not a bad thing to want a really, really, REALLY important object kept safe.

Yes thats true about him not knowing..fair point.. but he DOES forget that he is supposed to be getting the compass..he decides to pursue that heart instead to save his father..which is not going to lead to Liz's freedom at all....It seems..to him..she can stay there in that horrible cell and wait patiently whilst he pursues more "important" matters.

by making her guard the chest he is basically telling her to stay the hell out of his business...He has more "important" matters to attend to than listen to what she has to say..you can see how pissed off she is at this..Jack actually involves her in the adventure..Will pushes her to the sidelines..

LovelyOne
He doesn't say it in a way that suggests he cares about her safety, Its not like "look liz I need you to guard the chest..for me..be safe" he says it really quickly as if he is trying to buzz an annoying fly away from him...he just runs off...

willofthewisp
Doesn't he just say "Guard the chest!" while running off? I'm sure if she ran off, he would stay and guard the chest.

I'm a pretty modern girl, and I'm all for women having their own adventures and doing things for themselves, but there is involving someone in adventures, and then there is putting someone in danger. Jack can involve Liz because he's not putting her in danger. They are safe on the Pearl. Will feels he can't involve Liz in the fighting because 1. she is important to him and wants to protect her and 2. the chest needs guarded. It's her mistake she didn't stay there because then they would still have it.

CaptinJackLover
yes. but if she did stay and guard the chest there wouldnt have been that hilarious scene when she was yelling at them for acting like idiots because they were fighting!

diddly-dum
to true! But why wouldn't you want guys fighting oberyou?? lol wink

CaptinJackLover
LOL! SOOOO TRUE!

diddly-dum
I wish it was that way at my skool! No guy likes me!sadwalk

CaptinJackLover
aww thats ok. do u like any of them??

diddly-dum
maybe..lookaround

CaptinJackLover
so thats a yes?

diddly-dum
maybe..lookaround

CaptinJackLover
WELL... if you dont then there is no need to be worrying about someone liking you. but if you do then they are complete idiots for not liking you!

diddly-dum
OKAY!! I give in! I like a guy!

CaptinJackLover
how do you know he doesnt like you?!

diddly-dum
The way he acts around me,..I guess,.. where di deveryone go?? there is like no one on here!

CaptinJackLover
well. there was this guy that acted like he hated me or just didnt care i was even alive and he ended up liking me. (i found out by a lot of his friends blurting out his secrets). so the guy you like could actually like you.

ya i dont know where evryone is. mabe cuz we got off topic.

diddly-dum
Maybe,...

CaptinJackLover
if not he is an idiot!

ok so lets get back on topic! wat were we talking about before?

diddly-dum
Will, LIz, jack

CaptinJackLover
oh right!

diddly-dum
what do you want to say 'bout them?

CaptinJackLover
I HAVE NO IDEA. DO U HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY?

diddly-dum
no, but I think you have the CAPS LOCK on.

CaptinJackLover
oooo oops....i knew that whistle

diddly-dum
right,..

CaptinJackLover
yupp... big grin

diddly-dum
poeple on here are sure unique!

CaptinJackLover
yes they are! but im not! big grin im normal and boring and there sur aint nothing "special" or weird about me! big grin Happy Dance rock one eye ninja wacko yes

diddly-dum
*cough* ya right *cough*

CaptinJackLover
is there somehitng wrong with your throat? mabe you should get it checked out? the screen is covered with coughs! im concerned big grin

diddly-dum
No I'm 100% unique!

CaptinJackLover
ook i admit it! im partially unique! but just barely! the rest of me is boring and not unusual at all! eek! Happy Dance geek ninja zorro bunny

diddly-dum
I'm just glad JoB isn't barging in on this!

Jack of Blades
Hello

diddly-dum
Well, speak of the Dev-,.. I mean, hello JoB.

willofthewisp
Am I not unique if I say I'm 100% unique too? Probably not.

diddly-dum
Depends on how you look at unique

CaptinJackLover
IM NOT UNIQUE! Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing blink geek raver wacko whistle bunny

diddly-dum
You sure about that?? Try different,or wierd,..in a good way!

CaptinJackLover
nope im normal and stickin with that whistle

rock santa wacko zorro angel Happy Dance laughing out loud evil face rolling on floor laughing

diddly-dum
wierdo.

willofthewisp
I'm eccentric. shifty Oh, and if you enjoyed Barbosa's moonlight serenade to Liz (see other thread) enjoy the much worse one written by Jack...the monkey.

I called the witch Tia, she told me what to do
she said
"Oo ee, oo ah ah, make that girl your lover
Oo ee, oo ah ah, and take her home to Mother."

I called the blacksmith Will, he told me what to do
he said
"Oo ee, oo ah ah, oh my gosh a talking ape
oo ee, oo ah ah, he's undead and stole my grapes"

I called my namesake Jack, he told me what to do
he said
"Bloody monkey, she's my girl"
and then he shot me...again.

diddly-dum
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

CaptinJackLover
hahahhaha

CaptinJackLover
o and diddly-dum...i am not a weirdo! stick out tongue

diddly-dum
normal people are wierd;wierd people are normal!

CaptinJackLover
you are just like oe of my friends she says the exact same thing to me!

willofthewisp
I don't know if I would go so far as to suggest Liz is in love with Jack. She's definitely falling, but I don't think she's there yet. Jack, on the other hand, has lost his heart to her completely now. I think she realized she was really going for him when she kissed him, and I think he realized he loved her.

diddly-dum
CJL, what I say is true,..well, for me!
wotw, good point!

willofthewisp
Thanks. It got me thinking too about how nicely they bookend the first movie with the song from the ride. At the beginning, Liz sings it, then she and Jack both sing it, then he sings it at the end. It possibly foreshadows their choices, that a pirate's life really is the life for them. No one else sings it, not even the other pirates, and it is Liz that teaches him the song.

evilm0nki3
i hope they sing it in the next one. I love that song. big grin

diddly-dum
same!

LovelyOne
I don't know if I would go so far as to suggest Liz is in love with Jack. She's definitely falling, but I don't think she's there yet. Jack, on the other hand, has lost his heart to her completely now. I think she realized she was really going for him when she kissed him, and I think he realized he loved her.

then why do you think she chained him up?

The very reason she did that was because he came back for her and that meant the world to her..Had he not come back then her feelings for him would have still been at the "falling" stage..she realised that she loves him and his character once he had come back..so what does she do? She chains him up because she is afraid of him..and how he makes her feel...

If he wasn't a big enough threat to her..say if she was only just falling for him she wouldn't have chained him up to remove the temptation..She did it because she realises that he is pretty much the man for her...but she doesn't want to accept it..but I agree..I think the fact she used a kiss to do that to him actually made matters even harder for her laughing out loud

LovelyOne
Doesn't he just say "Guard the chest!" while running off? I'm sure if she ran off, he would stay and guard the chest.

I'm a pretty modern girl, and I'm all for women having their own adventures and doing things for themselves, but there is involving someone in adventures, and then there is putting someone in danger. Jack can involve Liz because he's not putting her in danger. They are safe on the Pearl. Will feels he can't involve Liz in the fighting because 1. she is important to him and wants to protect her and 2. the chest needs guarded. It's her mistake she didn't stay there because then they would still have it.

Thats a contradiction..he wants her to be safe but he also wants the chest guarded...which is NOT a safe place to be.

...The chest needs to be guarded but if Will wants to protect her then why shove her on the chest that Davy's men are looking for? Thats not safe at all..He runs off and leaves her with certain danger. The answer is that he's not really concerned about her safety he just wants the chest guarded whilst he goes and pursues what he feels is most important..

Liz Is a very VERY strong woman..but she also craves for protection when she needs it most. In movie one she was becoming very pissed off at Will for not being able to be bold around her..and protect her when she needs it.. I'm sorry but it's true..he is always too late to save her..ALL the time..he's never quite there when she needs it the most. Jack actually is always there when she needs it the most. In BOTH movies..To her Jack resembles a man who believes in her strength but also realises that she NEEDS protection at times... he is confident around her, always bold when he wants to be and he's ALWAYS there when she REALLY needs it the most..she's VERY strong..but he's the strength she needs when hers is failing..Will just doesn't do this for Liz..

Also the Pearl isnt a safe haven...The kraken and davy are both after it..hence Gibb's line once he realises Davy is after them "there must be more speet to coax from these sails" or something like that..

Jacky Sparrow

LovelyOne
She is in alot of denial about the whole situation..she thinks that she SHOULD want Will but her heart is telling her that she wants Jack...Sadly at the moment she listenes to her brain instead of her heart..She forces herself to be with Will by chaining Jack up..even if Will is not who she really wants.

It's still only the middle of the trilogy..So far the characters aren't supposed to really accept what they want just yet....there are hints in both movies showing the audience what they TRULY want..like the ones in movie 1 where it's clear that Liz is obssesed with pirates since she was a child. And all the hints in movie 2 point to it aswell...i

The hints in movie 2 are pretty much pointing to Liz choosing Jack and a life or piracy...

Jacky Sparrow
I mean you're right that it's pointing out to Liz and Jack choose a pirates life but a lot of people think that this doesn't happen because it's a Disney movie.

To see the facts it must be Jack and Liz!

LovelyOne
It is a Disney movie..but when I watch it i actually forget that it is because they have broken alot of Disney rules when making these movies already..they are very dark movies at times..not exactly child friendly..

I think I can see what Disney are doing...they are making each character live out what they REALLY wanted in life since they were children..the thing that makes them ultimately happy

with Will its his dad

with Liz its Jack

and with Jack its a person to love him = Liz

If each character gets what they want most then THAT is the happy ending...If Liz was to end up with Will then that means she wont be happy and the same goes for Will ending up with Liz..he wont be happy...I'm sure of it..

If Jack ends up on his own..which i REALLY think he doesn't want then that means Jack's ending wont be a happy one..

they are actually shaping the movies and character's priorities so that each character can get what they want in the end..its all pointing to what they wanted most as children smile

diddly-dum
How many theories can you guys make???

LovelyOne
I'm not just making them out of nothing..It's not fan fiction. It's make my theories out of what I see on screen with the characters and their developments...

I have evidence to back my theories up...It's what we learn in film studies...ALL good movies have hidden meanings in them that hint as to what is going to happen next...I already found one of them a while back(will/Davy similarity) which later I found out had been confirmed by the director himself in an interview....We dont just make stuff up..we base our theories on evidence from the movie...

diddly-dum
Sorry, missaid that,.. I meant find?

LovelyOne
LOL..I try to find as many as I can smile..I may be proven wrong with some of them though.If I am feel free to rub it in my face later big grin

diddly-dum
Naw,.. Thats what enemies at SCHOOL are for,.. You know mor than they do, cause you end up reading these thing,..
OMGOMGOMG!!!

VioletEyesPop08
I think this is the whole theme of the movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.