Balder the brave runs the gaunlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
Okay here's the situation, Balder has to retreive the golden apples before a greedy Hulk eats them no . To make matters worse these group of supes are standing in the way

http://www.comiccovers.com/watermark.php?src=comiccovers-280/Balder%20The%20Brave%20%5bMarvel%5d%20Mini%201/0004.jpg

Batman/Captain America
Spiderman/Green Arrow
Wolverine/Nightwing
Ironman
Wonderwoman (or is it "women"wink
And lastly an agitated classic Hulk

They're in shinning Asgard, Batman has his usual weapons/devices which he can carry on his belt.

Ironman is in his War machine armor

How close does Balder come to getting those apples?

D-Block
You mean Thors brother Balder

tru-marvell
Well that's true mythology, I'm talking about Marvels version which would be Thor's best bud

K3VIL
The warm up is very weak.Balder has Class 50 strength, superhuman reflexes, agility and durability.He's a master hand to hand combatant, and close quarter weapons user and especialized with sword fight.He carries an enchanted sword created from Odin which gaved it to him as a prize for his attitudes, plus his standard Asgardian armor, more durable than man made metals.
Bat and Cap will try a close quarter fight relying on agility rather than brute strength, but come on, outfighting an Asgardian god who has millennia of battles and physical stats above you?Without PIS or jobber auras, they lose.Spidey and GR MAY, a big MAY, slow him down using Oliver's special arrows, like the sonic device one, and the glue arrow, but they will gave him few minutes of advantage, and Spidey hasn't the strength to drop on him a building or something to really knock him down.War Machine armor has considerable firepower, and the design rocks, and the aerial advantage is the main point here.Balder knew every inch of Asgard, he could chase WM through rooftops and then land on his back and cut through the armor and rip it apart.
Then we have Diana.In a sword fight, he'll be able to gave her a great battle, and incapacitate her, considering sharp weapons powered by sufficient force can hurt her badly, but Diana has on her side a FAR superior strength, flight abilities, and don't forget the lasso.I say Balder can do it only with a lucky shot, so his quest for the apples stop here, but hey Diana has nice apples too in that costume...

tru-marvell
Agree 100% about the Diana apples bit *yum*. Not many ppl realize how agile and quick Balder is so I thought it would be a sly trick wink.

D-Block
WonderWoman stops him after a good fight.

manorastroman
not unless wonderwoman habitually carries around mistletoe.

rotiart
I really can't see Balder getting past wolverine, much less IronMan. Especially since the whole extremis thing. Balder is grounded... and basically as powerful as Wrecker of the Wrecking Crew... but more agile, and a better fighter... He'll have no way of tagging Iron Man, unless Iron Man LET it get close quarters...

If wolverine could cut thing and Thanos.. .he's hurting Balder. And Balder is gonna be nothing compared to War Hulk, Wendigo, and Colossus.

tru-marvell
Don't forget that Balder has as of yet untested radiant powers. In wolverine he could conceivably blind him long enough to take him out (50 ton class strength is no joke). And being a god he may be able to emit enough heat to even defeat Ironman. And I feel with him using all his abilities against WonderWoman he'd have a fair chance at beating her (could she even move fast enough to connect on him?). Which leaves the Hulk...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.