Jedi Lightsaber forms for NJO?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quinlan_Vos
My first question:

Is Vapaad extinct? I mean I know Mace Windu, Sora Bulq, Echuu-Shen Jon, and probably Depa Billaba were all killed, but did the form survive or is it finally destroyed?

My second question:

What form does the NJO order typically use? I know that many PT era Jedi used the all-around form of Niman, but since that was rendered useless at Geonosis, I was wondering does NJO majority use Niman or another form like Shien (Luke's form)?

Sith'ari
I think all of the standard forms for the PT became obsolete for the NJO. However it seems that there are aspects of Vaapad in Luke's style.

Darth Kreiger
Well in Jedi Academy/Outcast, their called Fast/Strong, and Normal/Medium, so they may not use Lightsaber Forms anymore

((The_Anomaly))
I dont think that they use traditional PT styles in the NJO era.

Sith Lord Windu
no thier aren't, go to http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by Sith'ari
I think all of the standard forms for the PT became obsolete for the NJO. However it seems that there are aspects of Vaapad in Luke's style.

Exactly.

Eugene14520
Yeah, have to agree that the LB Forms has been switched to a fast, medium, or slow technique., Luke's style as Jacen puts it is a swirling maelstrom of light where his lightsaber seems to be everywhere.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Eugene14520
Yeah, have to agree that the LB Forms has been switched to a fast, medium, or slow technique., Luke's style as Jacen puts it is a swirling maelstrom of light where his lightsaber seems to be everywhere.

that would be vapaad alright stick out tongue

Darth_Glentract
I think they have knowledge of the forms and that they use them. I think that the fast, medium, and slow are variations of the seven forms that were added on.

Eugene14520
I think the only difference between Vaapad and Luke's form is that I don't think Luke uses anger.

((The_Anomaly))
Err.. and the fact that Luke doesn't use Vaapad is a big one too.

Quinlan_Vos
Luke doesn't use Vapaad, the speed is just a physical quality.

jollyjim311
Using the force to enhance it.

Darth Kreiger
Didn't Luke use Shien/Djem So just like Anakin?

((The_Anomaly))
No, Luke didn't. Well not in the OT anyways. There would be no one to learn it from. Seeing as Vader was the ONLY practitioner of Shien/Djem So at the time of the OT. I'm pretty sure Luke didn't go for lightsaber lessons with Vader at any point, so it would be impossible for Luke to learn it.

Darth Kreiger
Thats part of the thing, he had no Lightsaber training, but he was using Anakin's in ROTJ

starwarsfreak34
all that about medium, strong and fast is just game stuff, nothing to do with how it works in the novel... like how when you strike someone in a game they don't die straight away...
besides, i'm sure i read in a novel that Vaapad still exists - somethnig in Legacy of the Force when Jacen is reflecting on Mace Windu...

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
No, Luke didn't. Well not in the OT anyways. There would be no one to learn it from. Seeing as Vader was the ONLY practitioner of Shien/Djem So at the time of the OT. I'm pretty sure Luke didn't go for lightsaber lessons with Vader at any point, so it would be impossible for Luke to learn it.

Yoda knew every lightsaber form so he could have taught him.

Darth Scythe
Apparently the NJO are too great to need lightsaber styles. They just pick lightsabers up and start swinging them wildly... that is what happens when continiuty has no relevance.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Sith Lord Windu
that would be vapaad alright stick out tongue

Moron.

Luke dosen't know Vapaad.

His form (Djem So, learned from Yoda, and Ataru, ) Is fast paced, and looks looks blurred because of the incrdible speed he gains later on.

It is in no way Vapaad. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
Yoda knew every lightsaber form so he could have taught him.

Yoda diden't know Vapaad.

Darth Sexy
Originally posted by Darth Sexiest
Yoda diden't know Vapaad.

Vaapad isn't a form, it's an extension of Juyo.

Dessel
Erm, Vaapad is a lightsaber form, whether it's an extension of another form or not.

Darth Sexiest
Originally posted by Dessel
Erm, Vaapad is a lightsaber form, whether it's an extension of another form or not.

Hate to admit it my student, but he's right.

Vapaad is a Form unto itself.

BornToRule
i only heard of different forms in KOTOR 2 didnt know thee was different ones before that big grin thats also why i only know about those that are in the game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.