Star Wars vs Blade Runner and 2001 rerun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

djenrique
After reading the poll concerning the best sci-fi movie ever made I must say I'm pretty baffled. Comparing Star Wars with Blade Runner and "2001: a space odissety" (lol) is ridiculous. Blade Runner and 2001 A Space Odyssey is PURE ART. Star Wars is exquisite entertainment with a totally amazing story, photo and array of characters that's for sure!! But, Blade Runner and 2001 make you CRY because they're so friggin' amazingly beautiful. To me, the first time I watched Blade Runner and 2001 as an adult, the feeling that set in afterwards was almost comparable to that of standing in the middle of 120 000 ppl screaming out in pure joy as Jimi Hendrix walk out on stage (yes, back from the dead) to perform 2 hours of guitar- earorgasms!!

So now the I've weathered out this point, I'd like to add that I hope that someday, some of you will have the patience to even watch the whole movies (Blade Runner & 2001). This isn't a matter of taste really, this is actually an acknowledgement that you really cannot compare good entertainment to beautiful art! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.