The only 4 things I really like about Burton's Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
These are pretty irrefutible facts. These are the most postive things that came out of Burton's run. Sure the stories are weird, at there are some miscastings here and there and it was just wrong and blah ba blah ba blah.

You can't really talk negative about these 4 things. These are personal for me mostly, but never heard anyone talk negative about it. And yes I am aware that it takes a lot more than these 4 things to make an awsome movie.

1. The Batmobile- Coolest one I've seen yet in a film adaptation. I love how simple yet intimidating it is. The Machine guns are out of place, but hey who can complain. Awesome car

2. 'Returns' Batsuit- Every time I see it either from the front or the back or side ways, I think of Jim Aparo's artwork on batman. They could of put anyone from Harrison ford to Robin Williams in that thing and it probably would have looked good. Much better than the previous keaton costume witch looked a little thick on the head. Beautifully sculpted, I love it.

3. Helped green lit the animated series- Need I say more. If '89 Batman wasn't the success it was we wouldn't have had one of the greatest gifts to DC fans: The DC animated Universe. Without T.B there would have been no B.T

4. Danny Elfman's Score- If anybody talks bad about this you are complete and utter idiot! Everytime you touch a batman comic book it should go up in flames cuz you don't know good music when you hear it. Its the heart of both those films, and half the reason why they were a success. What John Williams did to Superman, Danny Elfman did to Batman. Which was make the characters official soundtrack.

COOL............I spoke my piece for the day.

Mr. Parker can start ranting.

coolmovies
Danny devito played the Penguin so well after watching the movie a few times i found out it was him . Anyway Burtons films are both outstands and so is jack nickleson as the joker

chase el
The batmobile was cool. The suit wasnt. The begins suit is definately the best of all the movies. The score in Begins was better too. As far as the Animated Series goes, I think that would have come around anyways, "Superfriends" came out some time before that movie and was a success so if anything Thank god Superfriends was a sucess.

smiley8
All four of those things made Burtons films great, esp that Elfman score, THAT is the Batman music and always will be!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by coolmovies
Danny devito played the Penguin so well after watching the movie a few times i found out it was him . Anyway Burtons films are both outstands and so is jack nickleson as the joker

danny devitos performance in that movie was pathetic.He is normally great in all his movies but he was really stupid in this movie.He was trying wayyyy too hard to be funny when he was not funny at all.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
These are pretty irrefutible facts. These are the most postive things that came out of Burton's run. Sure the stories are weird, at there are some miscastings here and there and it was just wrong and blah ba blah ba blah.

You can't really talk negative about these 4 things. These are personal for me mostly, but never heard anyone talk negative about it. And yes I am aware that it takes a lot more than these 4 things to make an awsome movie.

1. The Batmobile- Coolest one I've seen yet in a film adaptation. I love how simple yet intimidating it is. The Machine guns are out of place, but hey who can complain. Awesome car

2. 'Returns' Batsuit- Every time I see it either from the front or the back or side ways, I think of Jim Aparo's artwork on batman. They could of put anyone from Harrison ford to Robin Williams in that thing and it probably would have looked good. Much better than the previous keaton costume witch looked a little thick on the head. Beautifully sculpted, I love it.

3. Helped green lit the animated series- Need I say more. If '89 Batman wasn't the success it was we wouldn't have had one of the greatest gifts to DC fans: The DC animated Universe. Without T.B there would have been no B.T

4. Danny Elfman's Score- If anybody talks bad about this you are complete and utter idiot! Everytime you touch a batman comic book it should go up in flames cuz you don't know good music when you hear it. Its the heart of both those films, and half the reason why they were a success. What John Williams did to Superman, Danny Elfman did to Batman. Which was make the characters official soundtrack.

COOL............I spoke my piece for the day.

Mr. Parker can start ranting.

why would I go on a rant I agree with everything you said? confused

p.s you forgot Kim Basinger and Michelle Phieffer.the only other good things about the movies. big grin

bakerboy
Yeah, thats exactly what i liked from those movies. The girls, the music, the batmobile, the dark tone and the design of Gotham city and michael gough as alfred. The rest was crap.

Also, de vito was a joke as freak penguin. He was nominated to the razzie awards.

WrathfulDwarf
The problem with the character of the Penguin in Returns is that it was illustrated in a very dirty sewer rat image. Penguin's character is very flamboyant and extremely gourmet.

Catwoman? No dispute at all. Michelle was extremely seductive and gorgeous! I'll take Batman Returns over Catwoman (2004) any day. Halle Berry was awful! Yuck!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
The problem with the character of the Penguin in Returns is that it was illustrated in a very dirty sewer rat image. Penguin's character is very flamboyant and extremely gourmet.

Catwoman? No dispute at all. Michelle was extremely seductive and gorgeous! I'll take Batman Returns over Catwoman (2004) any day. Halle Berry was awful! Yuck!

Exactly.I will take michelle any day over the year as well.ugly looking Berry as catwoman rivals michael keaton as the worst casting choice in comicbook history.I will also take Burgess meridith from the 60's show any day of the year as the penguin over Devito as well.so far he is the one and only true penguin brought to life from the comics.

systemshock2

Definitely agree on all of your points here. The Batmobile from the first two films still remains the best looking. THAT was a Batman car. Very very intimidating. As cool as the tumbler looks, it's not a batmobile. It'll be interesting to see how it'll involve in the next one.

And finally somebody agrees on the Returns batsuit. By far the best looking one. Very sleek looking cowl and overall design. I loved how it looked in that shot when Batman says to the Penguin "You'll never become the mayor". Best ab design too.

Very true too on the Batman animated series. I read somewhere that it came about as an advanced tie-in promotion with the Returns movie.

And very true on Elfman's score. How I wish he was still involved in the movies. It would've been great to hear his motif on Ra's, Scarecrow, even the romance between Bruce and Rachel.

SpyCspider
just a sidenote...did people ever notice that the Bat yellow oval emblem is different in the first movie compared to the 2nd? It's got 2 extra spikes coming out from the bat design http://batman.ugo.com/images/galleries/batman_1989_filmtv/batman_1989_9.jpg It's odd that it was like that way on his suit, but for the movie's VHS/DVD design http://pcengine.free.fr/batman.jpg , the emblem looks like the way it's supposed to be in the comics.

U Neek

Of course the machine guns are out of place considering the Batman in the comics took an oath to never us a gun in his crusade against crime. He took this oath because a gun was used to kill his parents...

Mr Parker
very good point.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Mr Parker
why would I go on a rant I agree with everything you said? confused

p.s you forgot Kim Basinger and Michelle Phieffer.the only other good things about the movies. big grin

Yes that too. Even though they got her Back story all F'ed up, and even though I love Christopher Walken, his character was stupid, but she was Puuurrrrrfect.

They might as well called that movie Catwoman cuz it was really her story.

The cat, the penguin, and the Bat

Mr Parker
exactly.thats one of the many reasons the Burton Batman movies are so horrible is they were all about the villains with the major roles.Thas all fine for a tv show but not a movie.The first one should have been called The Joker.The second one,Catwoman and Penguin.

U Neek
That's one of the things I didn't like much about the first couple of Batman movies. There wasn't much development for the hero...

Alec Brood
Same complaints, different thread...

Mr Parker
The reasons these complaints keep coming is Burton pissed on the Batman fans with these movies and the reason different threads about it keep getting made about it is because his Batman movies are such horrible films. big grin

chase el
The reasons these complaints keep coming is Burton pissed on the Batman fans with these movies and the reason different threads about it keep getting made about it is because his Batman movies are such horrible films. big grin

nuff said.

::Chase-el and Mr. Parker give eachother a pound::

Tron
Exactly.I will take michelle any day over the year as well.ugly looking Berry as catwoman rivals michael keaton as the worst casting choice in comicbook history.I will also take Burgess meridith from the 60's show any day of the year as the penguin over Devito as well.so far he is the one and only true penguin brought to life from the comics.

Keaton was't the best choice, but he definitely wasn't the worst. He played his part extremely well, and got completely into his character.

Silverstein
although, his 'character' was never really developed

Etrigan
There were some massive flaws in the Burton Batman films, but I really liked Michael Keaton as Batman (NOT as Bruce Wayne). Even when he didn't speak, there was just something in his eyes and the shape of his mouth that made you really know what he was feeling... really mysterious kind of feeling he conveyed.

I didn't like the clunky movements of 1989 Batman's Batsuit though.

Neutro
If you ask me, George Clooney was the best... Before you murder me, I'm JOKING. Val Kilmer was the best... Joking once again... I agree with Etrigan.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Etrigan
There were some massive flaws in the Burton Batman films, but I really liked Michael Keaton as Batman (NOT as Bruce Wayne). Even when he didn't speak, there was just something in his eyes and the shape of his mouth that made you really know what he was feeling... really mysterious kind of feeling he conveyed.

I didn't like the clunky movements of 1989 Batman's Batsuit though.

understandable.He sucked as bruce wayne but was a decent batman.Kilmer was easily the better Bruce wayne but yeah I'll give it to Keaton that he was the better Batman.But Bale is easliy the one and only true Bruce wayne/Batman.He was the best out of all of them in BOTH roles.

Neutro
I concur, but if there was one thing Burton did right, it was the Batmobile.

Mr Parker
Definetely no argument there.That was the main beef I had with Batman Begins was the Batmobile.I fail to understand why they could not have used the awesome Batmobile from the first two films.They better improve on the look of it in the next film.

Neutro
Yeah, that was my only beef with Batman Begins also, but I doubt they'll change it. Let's hope the Joker has a fun time with it, destroys it, then Bruce Wayne gets another one.

Mr Parker
yeah that would be pretty cool. big grin

Scythe
Disagreement, the Batmobile in most ways was the most efficient way to give the illusion of realism. I mean, perfectly shaped bat-shaped shurikens? Please, no one is that perfect. The Batmobile was truly outstanding in every aspect. Sure Burton's Batmobile was great, but it's very unreal.

Neutro
You've got a point about the realism, but Burton Batmobile > Batman Begins Batmobile in terms of cool.

smiley8
I didnt like Begins batmobile at all, but it was real in the sense that as he's just starting out he has this tank of a car and in the next film it will have gotton slightly sleeker!

Scythe
I'm sure the makers of the film weren't going for "coolness" points, like I have stated before, they were aiming toward realistic.

Neutro
Maybe, but I like to dream.

Scythe
Perhaps, but let's see how far dreaming will get you in the world. Back on topic.

Troy24

jenzie
i prefer the batman returns BATMOBILE myself, as it was sleeker than the first one

and i have BOTH batman soundtracks on TAPE!!!

Neutro
Yeah, I liked the Batman, Batman Returns soundtracks. However, I also love the Batman Begins one. You can't really compare the two soundtracks, they're just unique.

final_blow
batman begins had more depth and it needed a much sophisticated sound track to blend in with bruce's psychology and the darkness; that's why they didn't use the older sound tracks because they were too boisterous in a way

tomstoyz
Of the early batman films the 1st one & maybe the 2nd one are the only ones I liked. Once Joel Sumaker started them they were awful.....really, really bad! I am glad that the new BATMAN BEGINS was so good & hopefully THE DARK KNIGHT will be just as good. I'm a little worried about Heath ledger playing the Joker but we'll have to wait & see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.