Thor (vs) JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soujaboy
This is a gauntlet where Thor faces every member of the JLA. This thread is basically to see who Thor can and cant defeat on the JLA.

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

After each battle Thor's powers are fully restored

debate

RUNMAN
He finishes this with ease...
But, if Bat-Man had prep... hahaha

Validus
2-6 can defeat him.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Validus
2-6 can defeat him. I agree, but the odds aren't good for any here except Superman. If Superman doesn't stop him, then Thor goes the distance.

Validus
Manhunter, Flash and GL are capable of taking the majority. WW is a stalemate IMO.

Flash is a bigger threat than Superman is.

Inhuman
there are a couple that would maybe defeat him but he splits or gets majority over them.
He clears it. All exotic powers and all.

Soujaboy
Manhunter, Flash and GL are capable of taking the majority. WW is a stalemate IMO.

Flash is a bigger threat than Superman is.

WW cannot stalemate Thor

Validus
Originally posted by Soujaboy
WW cannot stalemate Thor
Yeah she can but I've heard your opinion on the matter and don't really care to hear it again.

Soujaboy
Yeah she can but I've heard your opinion on the matter and don't really care to hear it again.

Based off what?

Validus
Based off what?
Based off what? WTF are you talking about?

Priest
its not a easy guantlet, he is capable of clearing it tho. flash is the biggest threat.

Skeets
laughing out loud

Soujaboy

Nevermind

Basti0n
why do you see flash as such a threat?

Sure he could punch thor like a hundred times before thor got off a hit. but they wouldnt do any damage to thor. and one hit from thor would kill flash.

the biggest threats to thor are:
1)Superman
2) GL
3) WW

Superboy Prime
You don't know that much about Flash...don't you?

Validus
Originally posted by Basti0n
why do you see flash as such a threat?

Sure he could punch thor like a hundred times before thor got off a hit. but they wouldnt do any damage to thor. and one hit from thor would kill flash.

If Flash punched Thor 100 times full force, he'd feel it. He'd feel it right after he wakes up.

Skeets
If Flash punched Thor 100 times full force, he'd feel it. He'd feel it right after he wakes up. Or just drop the Multiverse on his dome piece,always works.

Basti0n
yes ive read almost all flash comics, he can hit fast but hes no stornger then an average man.

Superboy Prime
You might want to pick up JLA 1-4.

Basti0n
I have them what is it that makes you think he can take thor?

Superboy Prime
Flash managed to punch Zoom so hard that he sent him into orbit. Zoom is a white martian who are Superman-level. Thor will definitely feel that punch.

Validus
I have them what is it that makes you think he can take thor?
His punches hit with the mass of an exploding star. Not something many could just shake off.

Basti0n
this is how it works, GL uses his rign to hold thor, Superman does the rest.

Avalonofthewind
This is a gauntlet where Thor faces every member of the JLA. This thread is basically to see who Thor can and cant defeat on the JLA.

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate

An extremely tough gauntlet for Thor here. He could win but chances are anyone from 2 - 6 will beat or stalemate him.

sexyking
this is how it works, GL uses his rign to hold thor, Superman does the rest.

confused I am sure the thread starter meant one at a time. And thor goes down at superman its happened before and will happen again simple as IMHO.

K3VIL

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate
Tough fights will be with GL and Supes.Diana can show his own greatly too, but matter of fact she has less durability and also less abilities than Thor.Martian Manhunter phase shifting abilities can be countered by Mjolnir, so it's not an hard issue, but still a great fight.
If Flash cut loose, Thor should unleash a HUGE cosmic storm to make Flash loose his focus and stop him.

Tassadar
1) Thor flicks him, or breaths hard at him, and he turns to liquid.
2) If Mjolnir can counter phase shifting, MM is screwed.
3) Thor beats her 7/10
4) A normal GLs limits are well under Thors, but Kyles creativity and experience makes it far from easy. Thor 8/10.
5) Supes beats Thor 6-7/10, the speed advantage is a problem Thor will have trouble circumventing, but one good hit from the hammer and Supes is stopped in his tracks, giving Thor the time he needs to godblast him. Godblast= dead Supes.
6) Flash at his peak wins 10/10. A normal Flash wins 8/10. If Flash gets hit, he dies.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tassadar
1) Thor flicks him, or breaths hard at him, and he turns to liquid.
2) If Mjolnir can counter phase shifting, MM is screwed.
3) Thor beats her 7/10
4) A normal GLs limits are well under Thors, but Kyles creativity and experience makes it far from easy. Thor 8/10.
5) Supes beats Thor 6-7/10, the speed advantage is a problem Thor will have trouble circumventing, but one good hit from the hammer and Supes is stopped in his tracks, giving Thor the time he needs to godblast him. Godblast= dead Supes.
6) Flash at his peak wins 10/10. A normal Flash wins 8/10. If Flash gets hit, he dies.

You have no Idea what your talking about. WW is easily Thor's match. With better weapons. MM is Thor's Superior in many many ways. And Kyle's experience and creativity have made him the best GL ever. And what makes Supers Speed advantage so great over thor, but WW and MM are as fast as supers? Why dont' they have the same speed advantage? And how come Thor gets to use the Godblast against supers but WW who controls the Godwave, which is infinitely more powerful than the Godblast, can't use that? or How come Supers can't take the fight to the sun. Thor is stalemated 2-5 and flash beats him 8 ways to sunday.

Scoobless
Thor can beat them all ... but there would be some tough, bloody fights along the way

K3VIL
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Flash managed to punch Zoom so hard that he sent him into orbit. Zoom is a white martian who are Superman-level. Thor will definitely feel that punch.
Zoom=Reverse Flash
Zum=Martian Speedster

leonidas

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate

1. 10/10 thor
2. 5-6/10 thor
3. 7-8/10 thor v classic ww (with all ww weapons prolly 5/10)
4. 7/10 thor
5. 5/10
6. i hate flash

Validus
Originally posted by K3VIL
If Flash cut loose, Thor should unleash a HUGE cosmic storm to make Flash loose his focus and stop him.
If Flash cuts loose, Thor is fubar'd 10/10.

DickBlazer
twhor doesn't last long.
take your pick after #1

Scoobless
Zoom=Reverse Flash
Zum=Martian Speedster

Ahhhh ...... lol... I always thought everyone was just referring to the guy in the yellow Flash costume (but occasionally misspelling it)

Zoom is the guy in yellow.... right? ....... no expression

Skeets
Originally posted by Scoobless
Ahhhh ...... lol... I always thought everyone was just referring to the guy in the yellow Flash costume (but occasionally misspelling it)

Zoom is the guy in yellow.... right? ....... no expression
Yes...no expression

Scoobless
So ...... who the hell is Zum? .... no expression

Got any scans?

Skeets
Originally posted by Scoobless
So ...... who the hell is Zum? .... no expression

Got any scans?
Check the Flash respect thread it shows a bunch of Zoom scans.The Flash and Zum fight should also be in there.

bigbran
Thor can easily beat kyle and supes.
All he has to do is fight by a gas station to beat supes.
And for kyle, he just has to fire yellow at him.

Tassadar
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
You have no Idea what your talking about. WW is easily Thor's match. With better weapons. MM is Thor's Superior in many many ways. And Kyle's experience and creativity have made him the best GL ever. And what makes Supers Speed advantage so great over thor, but WW and MM are as fast as supers? Why dont' they have the same speed advantage? And how come Thor gets to use the Godblast against supers but WW who controls the Godwave, which is infinitely more powerful than the Godblast, can't use that? or How come Supers can't take the fight to the sun. Thor is stalemated 2-5 and flash beats him 8 ways to sunday.

"Sigh" Yes I do know what I am talking about. It doesnt say she gets her weapons, and normally all she carries with her are the bracelets and tiara, which are all but useless against Thor, because while using the bracelets shield she cant attack. Yes MM is Thors superior in many ways, but he is also Supermans superior in many ways, but he jobs, theirs no getting around that. Kyle being the best GL is arguable, and thats exactly what I said, but the rings have limits that are below those of Thor. WW and MM are not as fast as Supes, MM is slightly below, and WW is far from that fast, and they use their speed far less often than Supes does. WW doesnt get Godwave, if she did, she would beat Thor. Supes cant take it to the sun because Thor wont let him, and I said Supes takes a majority against Thor.

Tassadar
Originally posted by bigbran

What the f**k? A gas station?

Skeets
Kyle doesn't have the yellow weakness.
All Kyle needs to do is make a Sniper rifle and Shoot Thor and he's out cold.Did you see what I did there?

bigbran
Originally posted by Skeets
Kyle doesn't have the yellow weakness.
All Kyle needs to do is make a Sniper rifle and Shoot Thor and he's out cold.Did you see what I did there? No I was thinking of some other gls.
I just seen it, its pretty funny.

darthgoober
What the f**k? A gas station?
He's refering to the DOS, where Doomsday, Supes, and Maxima are fighting at a gas station. The station blows up and KOs Supes. laughing

darthgoober
"Sigh" Yes I do know what I am talking about. It doesnt say she gets her weapons, and normally all she carries with her are the bracelets and tiara, which are all but useless against Thor, because while using the bracelets shield she cant attack. Yes MM is Thors superior in many ways, but he is also Supermans superior in many ways, but he jobs, theirs no getting around that. Kyle being the best GL is arguable, and thats exactly what I said, but the rings have limits that are below those of Thor. WW and MM are not as fast as Supes, MM is slightly below, and WW is far from that fast, and they use their speed far less often than Supes does. WW doesnt get Godwave, if she did, she would beat Thor. Supes cant take it to the sun because Thor wont let him, and I said Supes takes a majority against Thor.
Wait, I thought her tiara could decapitate a God. If so, well you know....

Tassadar
Originally posted by darthgoober
He's refering to the DOS, where Doomsday, Supes, and Maxima are fighting at a gas station. The station blows up and KOs Supes. laughing

Koed Maxima too.

darthgoober
Koed Maxima too.
I know that, but no one was talking about her, and I'm to lazy to type extra stuff.

TheKahn
1) Batman
2) Martian Manhunter
3) Wonder Woman
4) GL (Kyle)
5) Superman
6) Flash

1. Thor 10/10

2. MM 8 or 9/10 I've never heard of Mjolnir being about to counter phasing but Thor's biggest problem is dealing with MM's telepathy

3. Thor 5/5 Both have weapons that could end the fight fairly quickly, with Thor perhaps having a slight advantage in versatility with Mjolnir. However I'd think this would be countered with WW's greater combat speed so for all intents and purposes I see this as being roughly even.

4. Thor 6/10 Similar to the Wonder Woman fight as it's really difficult to compare a GL ring and Mjolnir to each other in terms of which is strictly more powerful than the other. That being the case I'd side with Thor's greater combat experience to give him the majority.

5. This one is just too problematic to give a number to. The fight depends on a number of factors that are just too inconsistent. For example the extent Superman speed or weakness to magic is emphasized could easily swing this fight one way or the other.

6. Flash 8 or 9/10 Imo, the Flash just has too much of an advantage in terms of speed for Thor to be able to mount a convincing defense. There is the kinetic energy drain, infinite mass punches, and Flash's ability to vibrate through solid matter all of which can be done before Thor can reasonably react.

MJOILNIR
MM's phasing is a problem. Telepathy can be a problem but Thor has countered a attack by Phoenix and sent it right back at her. He's not completely fubarred by TP. He's held his own before. I would like to see what he would do to counter the phasing.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Are you serious, then you don't know much about the jla. WW has more than her braclets and her tiara as her standard weapons now. She carries the sandle's and the sword with her. And she is very very fast. she has kept up with jesse quick, and she also observed the white martians moving so fast that even they didn't see her. The omac files put her speed at a1, the same as superman. ANd the reason I said she gets' the god wave is becuz it was mentioned that thor would God force superman. So to make things fair, I gave her a weapon that is readily at her disposal at all times. As far as the ring having limits, the only limit is the wearers imagination and will power. The rings themselves are limitless.

rotiart

Branflakes has gone crazy!!! embarrasment

Kyle as Ion is so much stronger than any other GL. Yellow wouldn't work on Ion.

bigbran
Originally posted by rotiart
Branflakes has gone crazy!!! embarrasment

Kyle as Ion is so much stronger than any other GL. Yellow wouldn't work on Ion. Yellow!!!!

rotiart
Green!!!! HULK SMASHH!!! HULK BASH!!! HULK EAT WHEATIES...

ExtraMision5555
I think thor at a Minimum can 5/5 everyone here, probably trakeing the majority of most, with the exxception with that cosmic being, flash

bigbran
Hey what ever happened to the other hulk fan?

ExtraMision5555
Are you serious, then you don't know much about the jla. WW has more than her braclets and her tiara as her standard weapons now. She carries the sandle's and the sword with her. And she is very very fast. she has kept up with jesse quick, and she also observed the white martians moving so fast that even they didn't see her. The omac files put her speed at a1, the same as superman. ANd the reason I said she gets' the god wave is becuz it was mentioned that thor would God force superman. So to make things fair, I gave her a weapon that is readily at her disposal at all times. As far as the ring having limits, the only limit is the wearers imagination and will power. The rings themselves are limitless.

no disrespect, but I cant help but feel you have a slight bias in favor of the JLA.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
no disrespect, but I cant help but feel you have a slight bias in favor of the JLA.

The JLA rules. SO does thor. I just see him Not being able to get more than 5/5 most of the time. With the Gl's he'd be lucky to pull 3/10. They are as far out of his league as SS is. Imagine a Gl with the will power to make 1000 Thor's. They can do it and sustain it. He is outdone there. THe flash is cosmically powered and takes 10/10.

ExtraMision5555
The JLA rules. SO does thor. I just see him Not being able to get more than 5/5 most of the time. With the Gl's he'd be lucky to pull 3/10. They are as far out of his league as SS is. Imagine a Gl with the will power to make 1000 Thor's. They can do it and sustain it. He is outdone there. THe flash is cosmically powered and takes 10/10.

I agree with you on behalf of flash, due to his godliness, on the other hand, with the excption of superman (debateable) i think thor is ATLEAST capable of 6/10

nvrbeenwthagirl
I agree with you on behalf of flash, due to his godliness, on the other hand, with the excption of superman (debateable) i think thor is ATLEAST capable of 6/10

See each battle with each opponent is so different. When he's fighting MM, he's fighting someone with Superman's powers, plus speed, shape changing, telepathy, molecular control, and invisability.

When he's Fighting Ww, he's fighting someone who's used to fighting God's, and has fought the ultimate weather controller, Zeus. She is also used to battling great warriors. she has defense against his every attack.

When he's fighting supers, he fighting someone just on another lvl when it comes to feats and invulnerability. Granted his magic will prove a help to him.

The Flash is cosmically powered and whoops thor handily. The flash can beat his own jla team if he truly wished to.

Soujaboy

leonidas

Blair Wind
I dont see how people can give WW and Supers more wins than a GL What the f**k?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by leonidas
well said. i knew he messed with vision while vizh was intangible, but i wanted to find the scan. i can't for the life of me remember WHERE that happened though.

1 thing i will disagree slightly with -- he wouldn't necessarily be able to deal with mm's tp like he did with phoenix's (whom he ONE-SHOTTED, btw, with that SAME bolt!) she manifested the energy in an obvious way (and i guess since it was a tp-bolt we could say he reacted FASTER than the speed of thought . . . shifty ) there is no reason mm would need to do the same. he could attack his perceptions, his sense of what is real or not. that, coupled with mm's various abilities make mm very dangerous for thor. if thor could resist the tp, i think he could ko j'onnz relatively easily as his durability is often depicted as poor. then again, mm could make his body like reed richard's and make it difficult to ko him with force. still godforce WOULD end it, if the tp wasn't enough to f%$# thor's mind enough . . .

The fight with Vision happened in the Avengers annual #8.

About Thor ability to resist against telepathic assaults. In Avengers #198, Thor resisted a Mind-Storm Blast that the Beast, Iron Man, and most especially Moondragon could not.

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate
1 Thor 10/10
2 Thor 9/10 , Thor has to much experience fighting Gods
3 Thor 10/10 , Remember the God blast
4 Thor 9/10 , Thors a God, for Gods sake
5 I dont know about this one could go either way
6 Thor 10/10 , Thor owned Hermes in a comic , so he would do the same to Flash

Blair Wind
no expression

read JLA much?? Like Thor much??

bigbran
Originally posted by Moderator
1 Thor 10/10
2 Thor 9/10 , Thor has to much experience fighting Gods
3 Thor 10/10 , Remember the God blast
4 Thor 9/10 , Thors a God, for Gods sake
5 I dont know about this one could go either way
6 Thor 10/10 , Thor owned Hermes in a comic , so he would do the same to Flash That has to be the worst reasons to win a fight ever. Sorry.

Validus
Originally posted by Blair Wind
no expression

read JLA much?? Like Thor much??
laughing out loud

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I dont see how people can give WW and Supers more wins than a GL What the f**k?

in ww's case, it is magic v magic. didn't you know -- gl's HATE magic . . .

shifty

Sorry if i offended any JLA fans, but I've seen Thor do more than the Jla, guys with they exception of Superman; but again i apologize...

Superboy Prime
WTF...

chair

Originally posted by Superboy Prime
WTF...

chair Anger management candidate.. big grin

Superboy Prime
Awesome smiley though!

Priest

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate
Thor 10/10
Thor/MM 5/10
Thor 6/10
Thor 5/10
Thor 6/10
Flash 9/10

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Priest
Thor 10/10
Thor/MM 5/10
Thor 6/10
Thor/Kyle 5/10
Thor 6/10
Flash 9/10

While I dont totally agree I can accept that big grin

lft4ded
Man, this is no fun. I was expecting, hoping even, that someone would misspell 'cosmic' as 'comic'. Laughs would then ensue.

As this is a gauntlet, I wouldn't let Thor pass to the next tier unless he could take the clear majority and I'd having him stopping at Superman with Thor taking 4-5/10.

nvrbeenwthagirl
OK reasons why thor would have a tuff time with MM

MM has so many abilities. While thor is used to fighting beings who all have had one or two of MM's abilites, he has NEVER fought a being with all of them rolled in one. There are somany ways MM can attack Thor and avoid attacks or outright take them.

WW She is every bit as strong as Thor. She is faster and has weapons to counter every attack. Besides, her most powerful force, The Godwave, is stronger than thor's godforce and she can access it faster.

Superman. Superman in combat to me at least would be a mighty beast the likes of which Thor rarely encounters in marvel. He would be pushed to his limit.

Any GL worth thier salt can beat Thor. They are cosmic guardians, who are used to facing down threats like Planet destroyers and cosmic despoets all the time. KYle or Hal as Gl can beat thor. Not easily, but they can do it.

The Flash Cremes thor before thor summons one wind.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I agree, but the odds aren't good for any here except Superman. If Superman doesn't stop him, then Thor goes the distance.

Actually, WW stands a better chance against Thor, than Clark, due to her resilience to magic. Plus, she could always lift up her top, then rip Mojilnor out of his hands, club him over the head with it (because she COULD lift it), and make him her b***h. stick out tongue

BobbyD
WW cannot stalemate Thor

Oh she most certainly can....do not underestimate her.

How dare you speak of woman like that!? mad

love

Draco69
He either stops at three, four or definitely a all-out Flash.

Avalonofthewind
I would agree that Flash takes the majority in a fight with Thor. Unless I can somehow go back and find proof that Thor will be able to react fast enough to counter Flash.

I find this comment interesting. You aren't the only one who's brought this up either. A majority of people seem to find Flash beats Thor more often than not due to his speed.

Here is what is interesting about this comment. Superman can pull some of the stuff Flash can due to his speed as well. At Thor's speed, Superman and Flash would appear virtually identical when comparing speed.

Flash also isn't any less vulnerable to magic that Supes is...as a matter of fact, I would wager to say Supes is much more durable to it.

It's not just Superman either, GL's can will themselves to this type of speed quickly. MM and WW can as well. While slower than Flash and Supes, it's still an issue with Thor.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I find this comment interesting. You aren't the only one who's brought this up either. A majority of people seem to find Flash beats Thor more often than not due to his speed.

Here is what is interesting about this comment. Superman can pull some of the stuff Flash can due to his speed as well. At Thor's speed, Superman and Flash would appear virtually identical when comparing speed.

Flash also isn't any less vulnerable to magic that Supes is...as a matter of fact, I would wager to say Supes is much more durable to it.

It's not just Superman either, GL's can will themselves to this type of speed quickly. MM and WW can as well. While slower than Flash and Supes, it's still an issue with Thor.

I've been saying that too. ALl of the other members of the JLA can attain incredible speeds. And they have other powers that the flash doesn't have. Which kind of makes them just as big of a threat to Thor as the Flash. The Reason the JLA is the power house team of comics is that every one on the Team is a very real and powerful threat to evil. It's like having a team full of heralds. Even Batman's mind is herald lvl. And this new aquaman seems to be working his way up the food chain as well.

Draco69
I've been saying that too. ALl of the other members of the JLA can attain incredible speeds. And they have other powers that the flash doesn't have. Which kind of makes them just as big of a threat to Thor as the Flash. The Reason the JLA is the power house team of comics is that every one on the Team is a very real and powerful threat to evil. It's like having a team full of heralds. Even Batman's mind is herald lvl. And this new aquaman seems to be working his way up the food chain as well.

The new Aquaman has some new powers now? Does the sword do nifty stuff?

Accel
In terms of speed, the Flash is in a league of his own. Not to mention that that combined with the Speed-steal trick is one of the toughest things to counter in comics.

Thor CAN make it to 6 (not saying he necessarily will), but he sure as hell ain't beating Flash.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Draco69
The new Aquaman has some new powers now? Does the sword do nifty stuff?

I dont know enough about the new aquaman to conclusively say if he is ready for the JLA. I always thought he was lame until Grant Morrison made him seem cool. And marty england was doign a good job on the aquaman book. It would be cool if Lord poiseiden Killed aquaman and took his place as the new aquaman. But then he would be more powerful than Superman and you know DC ain't having that.

Draco69
I dont know enough about the new aquaman to conclusively say if he is ready for the JLA. I always thought he was lame until Grant Morrison made him seem cool. And marty england was doign a good job on the aquaman book. It would be cool if Lord poiseiden Killed aquaman and took his place as the new aquaman. But then he would be more powerful than Superman and you know DC ain't having that.

I would redesign Aquaman as thus:

Give him Omega-Iceman like powers with his water hand.
Give him the Trident of Triton allowing him massive magical reserves
Give him the ability to summon (a la Final Fantasy) ancient monsters ( a la Godzilla) by opening dimensional portholes to do his bidding. Gives a whole new meaning of "talk to fish"....

Validus

Agreed with this post. I still say you could just take your pick at anyone from 2-6 though Flash is the hardest to counter.

Now Wally is of course less invulnerable but that healing factor of his is sick.

For those who think he can't take a hit.

http://img237.echo.cx/my.php?image=flashv2156189gx.jpg
http://img237.echo.cx/my.php?image=flashv2156191yq.jpg
http://img237.echo.cx/my.php?image=flashv2156205zz.jpg

Superboy Prime
Shit...

And they say Superman is a walking plot device.

Soujaboy

ExtraMision5555

Soujaboy
Thats interesting, ive never heard that before. Brings a new argument to the table

That it does

batdude123

Tassadar

Noticed that too have you?

Soujaboy
Originally posted by batdude123
Don't overhype Thor. He can travel 100 Million FEET per second. He's NEVER shown that kind of speed, so don't pull crap out of your ass. Btw, 100 Million feet a second is only 1894 miles a second, which is slower than Superman's running speed.

Not over hyping, just stating facts. It has been stated on multiple occasions that Thor is as swift as the lighting he commands. Thor's has commanded his lightning to move at 100 million feet per second, thus it's fair to speculate that he's able to move at that speed. Speed beyond comprehension isn't that bad of a description either.

Yes your right on the math, I unintentionally used miles instead of feet.

ExtraMision5555
Noticed that too have you?

lol
uh huh

batdude123
Not over hyping, just stating facts. It has been stated on multiple occasions that Thor is as swift as the lighting he commands. Thor's has commanded his lightning to move at 100 million feet per second, thus it's fair to speculate that he's able to move at that speed. Speed beyond comprehension isn't that bad of a description either.

Yes your right on the math, I unintentionally used miles instead of feet.

Okay. Just making sure you realized it. smile

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor is JLA caliber. The JLA are all roughly 5/10 of each other. With the Gl's,MM, and Flash being able to pull Slight Wins over each other JLAer. WIth that in mind, it is feasable that Thor can beaten by everyone on the JLA except for Batman. And if Thor lived in DCU, Batman would be able to beat him some of the time as well.

Soujaboy
Thor is JLA caliber. The JLA are all roughly 5/10 of each other. With the Gl's,MM, and Flash being able to pull Slight Wins over each other JLAer. WIth that in mind, it is feasable that Thor can beaten by everyone on the JLA except for Batman. And if Thor lived in DCU, Batman would be able to beat him some of the time as well.

no expression Okay, Batman in a well written comic would never defeat Thor. With all his powers at his disposal, Thor(Classic) could take the majority against all of the JLA except Flash.

batdude123
no expression Okay, Batman in a well written comic would never defeat Thor. With all his powers at his disposal, Thor(Classic) could take the majority against all of the JLA except Flash.

And Superman could take a majority against Thor as well. no expression

You realize that if Thor was in DC and a part of the JLA, at one point or another, he would get owned because Batman found a weakness in him. It's an unofficial contract of being a part of the JLA. big grin

Soujaboy
And Superman could take a majority against Thor as well. no expression

You realize that if Thor was in DC and a part of the JLA, at one point or another, he would get owned because Batman found a weakness in him. It's an unofficial contract of being a part of the JLA. big grin

What weakness does Thor have? I know he can be defeated, but what weakness does Thor have thats that obvious and can be exploited so easily?

batdude123
What weakness does Thor have? I know he can be defeated, but what weakness does Thor have thats that obvious and can be exploited so easily?

What weakness does the Flash or Green Lantern have that Batman can exploit? no expression

He's a genius, and he'd think of something. Hell, Ra's Al Guhl took down the entire JLA because he stole the secret files that Batman kept on the league members. no expression no expression no expression

evillaugh

Avalonofthewind

Doubtful, Thor's speed is on the low end of the totem pole compared to most of the JLA. Most of the JLA(classic) would at the very least be 5/5 with him if not take a slight majority.

Avalonofthewind
Flash is the only character who's able to tap into the speed force, thus he gets the win over Thor. The rest of the JLA's speed can be imo countered.

I'm sorry, this doesn't make sense. Speed is speed and while Flash is the fastest, in comparison to Thor most of the JLA is extremely fast. Mjolnir realistically can't change that.

ExtraMision5555
and on those secret files was a portal to a DC writers office

nvrbeenwthagirl
Doubtful, Thor's speed is on the low end of the totem pole compared to most of the JLA. Most of the JLA(classic) would at the very least be 5/5 with him if not take a slight majority.

I tend to agree that Thor would be just another addition to the JLA. He wouldn't be some battle, tide changing member that would be all important to the league. So many people make it like Thor would be a big gun to the JLA. Maybe to the old Avengers, tho these new avengers seem to be very promising. (The relaunch after civil war). Every thing thor is capable of bringing to the JLA, they already have. With that in mind, he just can't take more than 5/5 on average against the league. I'd say the leaguers who have so much speed advantage( in combat showings not just in theory), helps even the odds against his hammer. And it's not like his strength is something that would impress the league. He is a very cool character, but he's not so cool to take the majority wins against each member of the JLA.

ExtraMision5555
So many people make it like Thor would be a big gun to the JLA.

lol
huh?

Validus
I'm sorry, this doesn't make sense. Speed is speed and while Flash is the fastest, in comparison to Thor most of the JLA is extremely fast. Mjolnir realistically can't change that.
Yeah, that didn't make much sense. Flash being at lightspeed is greater than Superman at lightspeed because Flash is using the Speed Force?

For the record, GL can will himself into the Speed Force. wink

Soujaboy
Yeah, that didn't make much sense. Flash being at lightspeed is greater than Superman at lightspeed because Flash is using the Speed Force?

For the record, GL can will himself into the Speed Force. wink

I said because flash has access to the speed force than he has a greater chance of beating Thor than Supes does. The same reason you think Flash can defeat Supes is the same reason I think he can defeat Thor.

Validus
I said because flash has access to the speed force than he has a greater chance of beating Thor than Supes does. The same reason you think Flash can defeat Supes is the same reason I think he can defeat Thor.
Speed steal? You don't think Flash's raw speed and punching power could get the job done?

batdude123

The same reason you think Flash would beat Thor, is the same reason why I think Superman would beat Thor. The outcome would be the same, but Flash would simply do it faster. Once you get past a point, what's the difference between 250x the speed of light, and 50000x the speed of light?

Avalonofthewind

It still doesn't change anything. It's his speed that gives him the advantage and he isn't less vulnerable to magic than Supes. The JLA'ers have a great advantage over him.

Let's put it this way, Zauriel is a magical being and pretty quick himself. Doesn't mean that I would give him the majority over the rest of the JLA either.

Soljer
I'd say that Thor does a fifty fifty split on every JLA member except for Wonder Woman, and the Flash. He beats Wonder Woman 7-8/10, and beats the Flash 0/10. smile.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soljer
I'd say that Thor does a fifty fifty split on every JLA member except for Wonder Woman, and the Flash. He beats Wonder Woman 7-8/10, and beats the Flash 0/10. smile.

Now exactly how is he going to beat WW so much more than Supers when she is just as strong, nearly as fast, resistant to magic, and the best fighter on the team besides batman? Ur answer doesn't quite make sense to me.

Soljer
Now exactly how is he going to beat WW so much more than Supers when she is just as strong, nearly as fast, resistant to magic, and the best fighter on the team besides batman? Ur answer doesn't quite make sense to me.

*rolls eyes* Thor wins about as many against Diana as Superman, though, likely one more, if only because Superman is vulnerable to the magic that empowers Diana, while Thor has insane magical resistance.

Besides that, "How is he going to beat her SO MUCH more?"??? Two more wins isn't exactly a landslide, love.

Draco69
Thor's magic isn't going to much against Diana but piss her off. She regularly faces Skyfather level beings like Ares, Circe and Cronos. She even faced down the Lotus Flower....

It's likely a stalemate between the two because they have excellent defenses to any offenses they plan to make....

Soljer
Thor's magic isn't going to much against Diana but piss her off. She regularly faces Skyfather level beings like Ares, Circe and Cronos. She even faced down the Lotus Flower....

It's likely a stalemate between the two because they have excellent defenses to any offenses they plan to make....

I wasn't implying that Thor would kill her with a bolt of lightning, nay! I'm not quite ignorant enough to argue that wink.

What I'm saying is, Thor wins more often against Diana than Superman (wins against Diana) because Superman has a magical weakness, while Thor has magical resistance.

And, after all, what IS Diana except Clay and Magic?

K3VIL

Diana can face skyfather?Draco I usually agree with you, but I'd like proof of her being on a skyfather level, or maybe should I assume DC Skyfathers are under Marvel ones?
And I don't believe she can take all Thor can dish out.

Draco69
Diana can face skyfather?Draco I usually agree with you, but I'd like proof of her being on a skyfather level, or maybe should I assume DC Skyfathers are under Marvel ones?
And I don't believe she can take all Thor can dish out.

DC Skyfathers are obscure and not attention-whores like Marvel's. Their feats usually comprise of busting a planet, remaking reality or creating a new galaxy to play in.

Thor's attacks are going to buffered by two things:

A) Her incredible resistance to magic given to her by the Divine Mother Gaea.

B) Those nifty bracelets that deflected an ultimate attack from the entire Greek Pantheon.

Thor's most powerful attack (a Godblast) won't get past her bracelets. Neither will his other attacks.

Any attacks that DO get past will be shrugged off by her high magical resistance.

Diana's lasso or tiara can end the battle instantly if she uses it right...

Superboy Prime
Thor smokes Batman though.

nvrbeenwthagirl
DC Skyfathers are obscure and not attention-whores like Marvel's. Their feats usually comprise of busting a planet, remaking reality or creating a new galaxy to play in.

Thor's attacks are going to buffered by two things:

A) Her incredible resistance to magic given to her by the Divine Mother Gaea.

B) Those nifty bracelets that deflected an ultimate attack from the entire Greek Pantheon.

Thor's most powerful attack (a Godblast) won't get past her bracelets. Neither will his other attacks.

Any attacks that DO get past will be shrugged off by her high magical resistance.

Diana's lasso or tiara can end the battle instantly if she uses it right...

Agreed, and Diana has Faced an angry zeus. She faces Circe all the time, who is sky Father lvl or more. Hell Circe turned all the pantheons on thier ears. Diana isn't magical clay anymore. The clay was never really magic. It was normal clay, that the God's brought to life with the living soul of the unborn child that Diana's mother lost way back in the cave man days. But any advantage Thor would have over superman in the form of magic is severly lessened against diana. It's probably a stalemate.

Tassadar
Originally posted by Soljer

What the f**k?

Tassadar

Sad, but true.

MJOILNIR
and if Batman were in Marvel he would have already been killed by Wolverine shifty laughing

Soljer
What the f**k?

Wait, why the odd face? My guesses aren't that far off what others have said.

pulsar
Thor should be able to beat most jla members one on one. could go either way with superman or manhunter the rest thor should be able to beat without to much trouble. Flash had trouble with the weather wizard but thor is far more powerful than him. Wonder Woman was beat by DC hercules, but thor has beaten marvel Hercules who is stronger. Batman is laughable. Batman only way to win is to catch thor as don blake, but I think thor no longer becomes don blake so batman had it. Thor vs Manhunter one lightning bolt and manhunter is on fire however if manhunter uses his mind control before thor hurls a lightning bolt he might have a chance. Superman with both speed and strength might beat thor, but if thor freezes time then superman's speed and strength are useless.

pulsar
Why who Wolverine kill Batman isn't Wolverine suppose to be a good guy. Besides Batman has taken on the whole X-Men before although that is sort of silly like spiderman taking on the whole X-Men, or Spiderman taking on the Fantastic Four, etc.

pulsar
The most powerful of these jla members is manhunter he can become a Kryptonian with all of superman's powers or whatever other form he wants to. in normal form he's vulnerable to fire, so thor could beat him, does he know another form that could beat thor I don't know. His mental powers might give him the upper hand as moondragon could control thor's mind so he might be able to. Next biggest threat to thor is superman. Third would be Green Lantern though I don't think Green Lantern's powers are is powerful as they use to be and Green Lantern has been beat by characters far less powerful than thor. Wonder Woman had difficulty fighting a Baroness with no powers on the tv show so tv version is no threat at all. Flash gets hit by boomerangs from capt. Boomerang, ice from capt. cold, etc. so I see no reason thor couldn't hit him with an energy blast. Batman was beaten by a wrestler with no weapons or powers before so thor should beat him easy.

pulsar
Let's look at characters who gave Wonder Woman a hard time, A baroness with no powers or fighting skills, Giganta a 10 ft. tall Gorilla Girl, the Angle, Egg Fu, the paperman, etc. None of these would stand a chance against Thor.

Flash has been beat by Capt. Cold, Capt. Boomerang, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, etc. way below Thor's power level.

Superman has been beaten by weak foes but only if they had Kryptonite, magic, or red sun rays. Thor's hammer is magic and can bend time and space so could be a threat to superman. Thor's hammer could probably produce red sun rays if he wanted it to as he can blast various form of energy from it.

Thor's lightning would fry Manhunter from Mars, however Manhunter would still have the best chance at beating Thor with his transforming powers or mind control power.

Batman has hard time with villians with cats and umbrellas so he is little threat to Thor.

Green Lantern would come after manhunter and superman in his chance to beat thor. Green Lantern corp. had a hard time fighting some weaponers with thunder bolt weapons far less powerful than thor. So I think thor should take him.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by pulsar
Thor should be able to beat most jla members one on one. could go either way with superman or manhunter the rest thor should be able to beat without to much trouble. Flash had trouble with the weather wizard but thor is far more powerful than him. Wonder Woman was beat by DC hercules, but thor has beaten marvel Hercules who is stronger. Batman is laughable. Batman only way to win is to catch thor as don blake, but I think thor no longer becomes don blake so batman had it. Thor vs Manhunter one lightning bolt and manhunter is on fire however if manhunter uses his mind control before thor hurls a lightning bolt he might have a chance. Superman with both speed and strength might beat thor, but if thor freezes time then superman's speed and strength are useless.

Your facts are all wrong. WW was not beaten by DC herculese. She is stronger than DC herculese. HEr mother was beaten by DC herculese.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Let's look at characters who gave Wonder Woman a hard time, A baroness with no powers or fighting skills, Giganta a 10 ft. tall Gorilla Girl, the Angle, Egg Fu, the paperman, etc. None of these would stand a chance against Thor.

Flash has been beat by Capt. Cold, Capt. Boomerang, Heatwave, Weather Wizard, etc. way below Thor's power level.

Superman has been beaten by weak foes but only if they had Kryptonite, magic, or red sun rays. Thor's hammer is magic and can bend time and space so could be a threat to superman. Thor's hammer could probably produce red sun rays if he wanted it to as he can blast various form of energy from it.

Thor's lightning would fry Manhunter from Mars, however Manhunter would still have the best chance at beating Thor with his transforming powers or mind control power.

Batman has hard time with villians with cats and umbrellas so he is little threat to Thor.

Green Lantern would come after manhunter and superman in his chance to beat thor. Green Lantern corp. had a hard time fighting some weaponers with thunder bolt weapons far less powerful than thor. So I think thor should take him.

Thor has had a hard time with trolls, and the absorbing man, and loki. NOne of whom could bother Diana. It's called low showings. and since when has WW had any trouble with any of those guys you mentioned? Matter of fact, when has the flash had trouble with those guys in a str8 up fight? WW has also killed Gods and Titans and shook off the fury of zeus. she has moved the earth and the moon and picked up the spectre. she has fought a crazy superman and a doomsday clone stronger than the original. She has deflected the omega effect and fought a daxamite. Please dont' mention low showing without mentioning some of the higher ones. She has fought a white martian, actually, the best fighter amongst the white martians as well. flash has billions of cosmic feats. So um, no, ur wrong. Thor would sit quite well amongst the jla as JUST ANOTHER MEMBER. 5/5 is the best he's gettign on average out of the league. and he's loossing to the gls and flash more often than not.

Tassadar
Why who Wolverine kill Batman isn't Wolverine suppose to be a good guy. Besides Batman has taken on the whole X-Men before although that is sort of silly like spiderman taking on the whole X-Men, or Spiderman taking on the Fantastic Four, etc.

Wolverines an anti-hero, that means he is allowed to kill people because he as no mental block to it. And if your talking about All Access, that comic series was utter and complete bullsh1t. Heres why-1) Superman lost to Venom twice. 2) Pheonix was involved in that fight, she should have made Batman all go "der, Gilbert" before annihilating him. 3) Iceman fought a GL on even terms. 4) Superman had really long hair.
And Spidey shouldnt beat the entire team of the X-Men, or anyone on the F4.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wolverines an anti-hero, that means he is allowed to kill people because he as no mental block to it. And if your talking about All Access, that comic series was utter and complete bullsh1t. Heres why-1) Superman lost to Venom twice. 2) Pheonix was involved in that fight, she should have made Batman all go "der, Gilbert" before annihilating him. 3) Iceman fought a GL on even terms. 4) Superman had really long hair.
And Spidey shouldnt beat the entire team of the X-Men, or anyone on the F4.

All of the cross overs coudl have been much better. Much much. They wasted gold mines. Hell if they had done it right, a video game property called marvel vs. Dc probably would have been one of the highest selling game properties ever.

MJOILNIR
Thor has had a hard time with trolls, and the absorbing man, and loki. NOne of whom could bother Diana. It's called low showings. and since when has WW had any trouble with any of those guys you mentioned? Matter of fact, when has the flash had trouble with those guys in a str8 up fight? WW has also killed Gods and Titans and shook off the fury of zeus. she has moved the earth and the moon and picked up the spectre. she has fought a crazy superman and a doomsday clone stronger than the original. She has deflected the omega effect and fought a daxamite. Please dont' mention low showing without mentioning some of the higher ones. She has fought a white martian, actually, the best fighter amongst the white martians as well. flash has billions of cosmic feats. So um, no, ur wrong. Thor would sit quite well amongst the jla as JUST ANOTHER MEMBER. 5/5 is the best he's gettign on average out of the league. and he's loossing to the gls and flash more often than not. WW has had trouble and low showings befor to. Thor has moved thigns as big as the earth befor as well. Only he did it by himself. We cant really compare gods and titans from one unverse to the other because thier both written a lot differently. Like Odin, DC's Odin created a small dimension(about the size of a solar system) Marvels Odin shook all of the multiverse with a wave of his energy. Cerci in DC is a bit different from Sersi in marvel as well. We really have no way of knowing that powers from one universe's gods would work in another. This gets very tricky when your looking at a different incarnation on the same deity. Just look at the mangaverse Thor. He was written more like of a true god. Much more powerful than either Marvel or DC's version.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by MJOILNIR
WW has had trouble and low showings befor to. Thor has moved thigns as big as the earth befor as well. Only he did it by himself. We cant really compare gods and titans from one unverse to the other because thier both written a lot differently. Like Odin, DC's Odin created a small dimension(about the size of a solar system) Marvels Odin shook all of the multiverse with a wave of his energy. Cerci in DC is a bit different from Sersi in marvel as well. We really have no way of knowing that powers from one universe's gods would work in another. This gets very tricky when your looking at a different incarnation on the same deity. Just look at the mangaverse Thor. He was written more like of a true god. Much more powerful than either Marvel or DC's version.

Basically all I was saying is that Thor is worthy of being JLA, but he just wouldnt' come into the team and be like " the big Gun" they need. The Jla is not the avengers. The jla IS the big gun. And the avengers have the potential to be the same if they picked the right damn roster and stopped mixing God's and Geniouses with Freaking Wolverin and Black Widow!!!

Blair Wind
Iceman fought a GL on even terms.

shifty really now?....didnt know about that one....

K3VIL
Thor has had a hard time with trolls, and the absorbing man, and loki. NOne of whom could bother Diana. It's called low showings. and since when has WW had any trouble with any of those guys you mentioned? Matter of fact, when has the flash had trouble with those guys in a str8 up fight? WW has also killed Gods and Titans and shook off the fury of zeus. she has moved the earth and the moon and picked up the spectre. she has fought a crazy superman and a doomsday clone stronger than the original. She has deflected the omega effect and fought a daxamite. Please dont' mention low showing without mentioning some of the higher ones. She has fought a white martian, actually, the best fighter amongst the white martians as well. flash has billions of cosmic feats. So um, no, ur wrong. Thor would sit quite well amongst the jla as JUST ANOTHER MEMBER. 5/5 is the best he's gettign on average out of the league. and he's loossing to the gls and flash more often than not.
low showings in powerhouses comics are needed, or we'll be bored after easy wins.Onestly I prefer when they face enemies on their level, so they struggle but in a great fight, not with some occasional sparring partners.
Thor in the JLA just another members?
You guys are right about the Avengers rosters, in a team like this:

Thor
Quasar
Namor
Binary
Sersi
Demigod Hercules
Iron Man
Here he is a big gun among other powerhouses.
In classic rosters, he's among too less powerful guys.
In the JLA, I believe he'll be a good addiction cause of the hammer abilities and weather mastery, about the physical stats, only fighting skills will make him different

MightyEInherjar
Thor get stopped in the first round due to an unexpected Batkick...

MJOILNIR
Basically all I was saying is that Thor is worthy of being JLA, but he just wouldnt' come into the team and be like " the big Gun" they need. The Jla is not the avengers. The jla IS the big gun. And the avengers have the potential to be the same if they picked the right damn roster and stopped mixing God's and Geniouses with Freaking Wolverin and Black Widow!!!
I very much agree with that. Espically the part about the avengers. They have the capacity to be nearly unbeatable but cant seem to keep a respectable roster.

Draco69
The JLA is meant be unbeatable.

The Avengers is meant to be a relatively down to earth superhero team that beats threats back with ingenuity and teamwork.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The JLA is meant be unbeatable.

The Avengers is meant to be a relatively down to earth superhero team that beats threats back with ingenuity and teamwork.

They need to leave that to the xmen and the new warriors and be the world's mightiest heroes.

I would creme my pants of the avengers roster looked like this:
Thor
Sentry
Sersi
Quasar
Iron man
Immortal Herc
Ares
Captain America
Vision
Photon(Monica)
Warbird
She Hulk
and maybe a retconned Scarlet Witch so she can be the character I used to love. This avengers team would be worthy of so many new and exciting stories.

Nogoodnamesleft

1) Batman

2) Martian Manhunter

3) Wonder Woman

4) GL (Kyle)

5) Superman

6) Flash

debate

1. Is this a joke? What's Batman gonna do? Oh yeah, before he dies he'll say "I'M BATMAN".

2. It depends on how MM plays it. If he uses his speed, intangibility, telepathy (maybe, but I've heard that Thor is uber resistant to telepathic attack) he may win.

3. WW has not a chance in all of Helheim. Thor is at least on the same level of the gods who gave her her powers, probably higher.

4. Thor should win this pretty handily. The Green Lantern couldn't even handle Wonder Man.

5. Thor wins. Avengers/JLA was bullcrap of the highest order of magnitude. We're talking MBDD, mad bovine diarrhea disease. If you eat the meat of a cow with MBDD, it'll turn your intestines instead of your brain into spongelike material and you'll die with your @$$hole mooing uncontrollably. There will be no description for the biblical diarrhea that will follow. That's the sort of bullcrap Avengers/JLA was. Thor crushes Superman like he's nothing. Thor=a GOD, Superman=mortal.

6. On the ground, Flash puts Thor down instantly. If Thor is flying then I guess he can maybe hit the Flash with a bolt of lightning or mystical energy or something. If it really comes down to it then I guess Thor could throw his hammer at the planet they're on, since the Flash can't survive in space.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
1. Is this a joke? What's Batman gonna do? Oh yeah, before he dies he'll say "I'M BATMAN".

2. It depends on how MM plays it. If he uses his speed, intangibility, telepathy (maybe, but I've heard that Thor is uber resistant to telepathic attack) he may win.

3. WW has not a chance in all of Helheim. Thor is at least on the same level of the gods who gave her her powers, probably higher.

4. Thor should win this pretty handily. The Green Lantern couldn't even handle Wonder Man.

5. Thor wins. Avengers/JLA was bullcrap of the highest order of magnitude. We're talking MBDD, mad bovine diarrhea disease. If you eat the meat of a cow with MBDD, it'll turn your intestines instead of your brain into spongelike material and you'll die with your @$$hole mooing uncontrollably. There will be no description for the biblical diarrhea that will follow. That's the sort of bullcrap Avengers/JLA was. Thor crushes Superman like he's nothing. Thor=a GOD, Superman=mortal.

6. On the ground, Flash puts Thor down instantly. If Thor is flying then I guess he can maybe hit the Flash with a bolt of lightning or mystical energy or something. If it really comes down to it then I guess Thor could throw his hammer at the planet they're on, since the Flash can't survive in space.

Just leave this thread now. It's obvious you know nothing about Wonder Woman or Green Lantern. Ur logic is purely foolish and you argue against your self. in one sentence your talking about how green lantern couldnt' handle wonder man but then saying superman beating thor in the same cross over was bull crap. Get lost. you suck at arguing and have no idea about any characters you dont' like.

Nogoodnamesleft
Just leave this thread now. It's obvious you know nothing about Wonder Woman or Green Lantern. Ur logic is purely foolish and you argue against your self. in one sentence your talking about how green lantern couldnt' handle wonder man but then saying superman beating thor in the same cross over was bull crap. Get lost. you suck at arguing and have no idea about any characters you dont' like.

Yeah, up urs 2, you wanker.

Draco69
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft

I disagree with 3 and 4.

First off, Thor isn't on the level of Diana's Pantheon. Zeus can destroy galaxies with his thunderbolts. Ares can create whole dimensions for his own picking. Hera can shatter islands just by flipping a chess piece down....

The Greek Gods are literally gods.

Thor is not really a god in a sense. He can die. He certainly can't alter reality. And he certainly can't move the sun around as if it were a balloon like Apollo can.

Second, Diana is relatively equal to Thor in strength, she's faster than him in pure speed, she's relatively more skilled and she can counter everything he does. She's taken blows from Cronos who's killed Angels from Heaven. Ya know, the same angels that hang around with Lucifer Morningstar and the Presence. She got right back up. Thor's most powerful attack is his Godblast. Which won't work. When Diana crosses her bracelets it forms a impentrable forcefield. The forcefield called the Aegis Shield deflected an all-out attack from the entire Greek Pantheon. Zeus. Hades. Athena. Everybody. And it just bounced off. So Thor's Godblast ain't getting through.

If you know about WW, it's stalemate. They're even in a sense that they're offensive capabilities are nulliefied with their defenses. Diana has alot more than lasso and braclets going for her...

Green Lantern vs. Thor isn't going to be as easy as you think....

You said JLA/Avengers is crap...but you've stated that Wonder Man defeating GL is valid. You do know that GL's shield have withstood a literal BIG BANG from Imperiux. It's lesser feats include closing a black hole with green zipper, containing a supernova and destroying an entire galaxy full of Qwards. GL is quite potentially the worst jobber in comics...

GL is on paper a herald or above level opponent. But writers write him stupidly...

I agree that Thor would likely beat Superman...but not nearly as easily you state.

FYI. Flash CAN run and breathe in space. How does the Flash breathe when he's running at the speed of light...?

MJOILNIR
I think Thor and WW are roughly equals. I do think Thor is a bit stronger judging by feats(WW helped pull the earth, Thor has lifted something that heavy by himself on two different occasions). I think he has a wider array of powers but like said WW can block most of them. Im not convinced she could completely block the godblast because he has destroyed celestail tech the size of a city with it. I believe at the very least she would be rocked by it, not just stand there. If galactus cant take it I dont see WW doing it either(I know Juggs did, but I guess Cytorak is tougher than Big G?? Got no explanation on that one). Thor has taken blows from celestials, several at the same time in fact.Its a safe bet tht the celestials are above either DC or Marvels pantheons. Skill wise Im not really gonna put one over the other. It would be a great fight done correctly.

K3VIL

nvrbeenwthagirl
I think Thor and WW are roughly equals. I do think Thor is a bit stronger judging by feats(WW helped pull the earth, Thor has lifted something that heavy by himself on two different occasions). I think he has a wider array of powers but like said WW can block most of them. Im not convinced she could block the godblast because he has destroyed celestail tech the size of a city with it. I believe at the very least she would be rocked by it, not just stand there. If galactus cant take it I dont see WW doing it either(I know Juggs did, but I guess Cytorak is tougher than Big G?? Got no explanation on that one). Thor has taken blows from celestials, several at the same time in fact. Skill wise Im not really gonna put one over the other. It would be a great fight done correctly.

Well this is the logic for assuming WW is about the same strength as Thor. Superman and Thor should be around the same strength. Superman has even more panels of strength showings than Thor. WW has fought Superman and other beings as strong as superman. Stalemating, and sometimes winning against them. THe Omac Files list Supermans' strength as a1 and diana's strength as a1. This means that they are clearly in the same catagory of strength. If he was leagues ahead of her like some would suggest, it would not have been written that if she went crazy, superman is the only person on earth, who could restrain her. Just like when it came to supers going crazy, max lord chose for supers to try and kill ww. He viewed them as the two biggest threats to Humanity. As far as WW blocking the God force. She blocked the entire greek pantheons blast. thor's blast pales in comparison. But if thor has the right to use his god force, WW can use the God wave FTW. Thor has nothing in his arsenal that can produce that kind of power or block it.

MJOILNIR
Im not saying he gets to use it. Besides Mjolnir has absorbed enough energy to destroy a good part of the universe and redirected it. He may be able to absorb a good part of the god wave. Its clearly in the scope of his past feats to do so. He has clearly demostrated he ability to absorb godly energy and magic. He himself has taken direct hits that took down the 2000 ft tall destroyer.

K3VIL
The attack performed by Thor on Exitar, which caused Mjolnir to being shredded to pieces, would broke in two pieces Diana.

Draco69
Im not saying he gets to use it. Besides Mjolnir has absorbed enough energy to destroy a good part of the universe and redirected it. He may be able to absorb a good part of the god wave. Its clearly in the scope of his past feats to do so. He has clearly demostrated he ability to absorb godly energy and magic. He himself has taken direct hits that took down the 2000 ft tall destroyer.

The Godwave is the creation force. It's like saying the hammer can absorb the Overmind or the Phoenix Force...

MJOILNIR
Im saying in a destructive manner. If its actually a part of DC's source thats different. If its magic energy as a whole used by thier godly pantheons then its easily concievable. To cause destruction it has to be used as such dosnt it? Absorb the phoenix force no, absorb a destructive blast from the phoenix force then maybe. I dont know how far the writers would go with it. It would have taken a being well above skyfather or at the very least equal to absorb the kind of energy Mjolnir did. A blast that would have destroyed a large portion of the galaxie is amazing. Even as comic feats go.

Draco69
Im saying in a destructive manner. If its actually a part of DC's source thats different. If its magic energy as a whole used by thier godly pantheons then its easily concievable. To cause destruction it has to be used as such dosnt it?

It's not part of the Source. The Godwave is likened to the Phoenix Force. It taps in the primodial energies of the Old Gods and gave birth to the New Gods. Including the Hindu Pantheon, the Egyptian Pantheon, the Grecian Patheon and the New Gods.

The Godwave IS connected to the Source.

Diana can wield it because she is the avatar of Gaea. She basically becomes DC's Phoenix.

Thor could not absorb it. It would shatter his hammer into pieces. It's power is so great that the Presence had to hide it into his Kingdom of Heaven to be guarded. Which is why Cronos broke down heaven's gates using the Scythe and went on a killing spree with the angels.

The Angels feared that if Cronos got the Godwave he would be a threat to the Presence himself.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>