Wich Starwars 3D movie are you gonna see first?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kongu_Dude
I think Empire strikes back or maybe Return of the jedi..hmm If they come almost at the same time! dancing

What about you? happy

Hewkii_Dude
Same for me Happy Dance

PVS
first i will see none of it, then none of it, and saving the best for last: none of it

Hewkii_Dude
lookaround

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by PVS
first i will see none of it, then none of it, and saving the best for last: none of it

Maybe another time.. srug

coolmovies
I thought it was only ANH that was gonna be 3D ??

Akira99
Whats this they are going to show in 3D? Is it everywhere this is happening or just the US? And when?

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by Akira99
Whats this they are going to show in 3D? Is it everywhere this is happening or just the US? And when?

2007 smart

sithsaber408
Originally posted by Kongu_Dude
2007 smart

Steve Sansweet tackled this question from one fan at the recent Fan Club Breakfast last week in San Diego. Here's his response as posted at Starwars.com.

"George and Rick are really excited about the technology they have seen in 3-D... they showed about 10 minutes of Star Wars at a trade industry show about a year ago, and there was a lot of great buzz. Well, a couple of things have turned out. You have to look at the business plan: When does it make sense to do something like that? And you need thousands of digital screen theaters. It does not work on a film projector... This may be the thing that is finally going to force a lot of theater chains to bring in digital projectors at least for one of their screens... A lot of theater chains have announced they are going ahead. That said, how long is it going to take to get three- to four- to five thousand theaters digitally converted? It's not going to happen this year. It's not going to happen by the end of next year. In addition, the process to do the movie turns out to be a little more expensive than initially thought. So you have the theaters converting, you have the costs of converting one or all of the six Star Wars movies into 3-D, and you have the fact that the technology involves wireless battery-operated glasses that blink maybe a thousand times a second; it's not like a read and blue lens. So you have to take all those factors into consideration. I think Lucasfilm is still very interested in releasing the saga in 3-D. I think it's really just a matter of time, but I don't think it's going to be in the next couple of years."

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by sithsaber408
Steve Sansweet tackled this question from one fan at the recent Fan Club Breakfast last week in San Diego. Here's his response as posted at Starwars.com.

"George and Rick are really excited about the technology they have seen in 3-D... they showed about 10 minutes of Star Wars at a trade industry show about a year ago, and there was a lot of great buzz. Well, a couple of things have turned out. You have to look at the business plan: When does it make sense to do something like that? And you need thousands of digital screen theaters. It does not work on a film projector... This may be the thing that is finally going to force a lot of theater chains to bring in digital projectors at least for one of their screens... A lot of theater chains have announced they are going ahead. That said, how long is it going to take to get three- to four- to five thousand theaters digitally converted? It's not going to happen this year. It's not going to happen by the end of next year. In addition, the process to do the movie turns out to be a little more expensive than initially thought. So you have the theaters converting, you have the costs of converting one or all of the six Star Wars movies into 3-D, and you have the fact that the technology involves wireless battery-operated glasses that blink maybe a thousand times a second; it's not like a read and blue lens. So you have to take all those factors into consideration. I think Lucasfilm is still very interested in releasing the saga in 3-D. I think it's really just a matter of time, but I don't think it's going to be in the next couple of years."

Scarecrow756
Of course I am going to see my favourite Star Wars film in 3D first which is Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. cool

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
Of course I am going to see my favourite Star Wars film in 3D first which is Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. cool

Peace man! w00t I agree with you!

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by sithsaber408

Lucas is milking Star Wars dry....

Kongu_Dude
wacko

Quinlan_Vos
I would see ESB man. Battle of Hoth, through the asteroid field. Or maybe New hope.

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
I would see ESB man. Battle of Hoth, through the asteroid field. Or maybe New hope.

Or the destruction of Death star in ep 6... srug

Velkyn
Nah.. ANH for me... Just to grab my milk duds and coke like x-wing controls and geek out while watching the death star trench zoom past. Besides, it was the first star wars movie I saw, might as well be the first 3d one I see.

Edit - Or maybe TPM, so I can slap the gungan out of Jar Jar....

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by Velkyn
Nah.. ANH for me... Just to grab my milk duds and coke like x-wing controls and geek out while watching the death star trench zoom past. Besides, it was the first star wars movie I saw, might as well be the first 3d one I see.

Edit - Or maybe TPM, so I can slap the gungan out of Jar Jar....

Indeed....steeks

Kaos sebaceous
wait there showing all of the movies pt and ot?

Velkyn
Nah was just wishful thinking... well as ar as being able to reach up and slap the hell out of Jar Jar... If TPM was in 3d.. I be the theater would have a huge breeze when Jar Jar first appeared from everyone slapping at him.

Kongu_Dude
Ep 1 and 2 doesnt really got the real Starwars feel in it...ermm

I think so....steeks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.