Most Tragic Character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Which character has gone through the most emotional and/or physical trauma?

Name a character then list as much crap they've had to go through as you can think of.

willRules
Spidey
Wolverine
Daredevil

Demonic Phoenix
Batman

He lost his parents, Jason, Fairchild and more.

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
Spidey
Wolverine
Daredevil

That's some impressive list of traumas you made there.... no expression

The point of this is for people to find out what characters they don't know much about have dealt with

The Pict
Originally posted by Scoobless
That's some impressive list of traumas you made there.... no expression

laughing out loud

maybe not the most tragic but I feel quite sorry for movie peter parker when i watch the movies sad

willRules
well Spidey has had to contend with countless deaths throughout his life. It was even a death that started off him becoming spidey......

Wolvie is an obvious choice. He has had sooooo much pain, he has been abused and twisted by the weapon x program. His childhood was shambles with several of his closest relatives dying, committing suicide or turning against him.....

And Daredevil has had to contend with the loss of many of his loves, recently his best friend. He was tragically blinded at a young age...........

newjak86
You know the Thing(Ben Grimm) has to deal with alot everyday.

The Pict
Originally posted by newjak86
You know the Thing(Ben Grimm) has to deal with alot everyday.

true. characters that are psychically changed have to be viewed as tragic.

Scoobless
Ok... I'll start it off:

Spider-Man, Emotional Trauma: (not in chronological order)

Both parents dead
Indirectly responsible for his Uncle's death
Indirectly responsible for his girlfriends death (Gwen)
His best friend became his worst enemy... then died (Harry)
He gets cloned and doesn't know whether or not he's a "real" person
He (falsely) finds out he is a clone, which leads him to hit his pregnant wife and goes into a fit of depression
He and Mary Jane have a stillborn child
Aunt May dies (really... Amazing SM #400 ... I think) .... later to be retconned back to life
His parents seemingly come from the dead with the story of being held as prisoners in some other country (apparently his parents were spies)
He gets arrested and jailed for murder (that Kaine committed)
His parents are revealed as being simulacrum (androids of a sort) that are programmed to kill him
The Green Goblin comes back from the "dead" to terrorise Peter Parker for months on end
His clone (Ben Reilly) eventually becomes his best friend/brother... then later is killed by the Green Goblin
Spider-Man loses a fight to the Rhino (major humiliation ... sad )
Aunt May has a heart attack (on about 7 different occasions)
Mary Jane is "killed" in an aeroplane explosion (brought back a year later and revealed as a psycho stalkers plot to kidnap her)
Mary Jane leaves Peter (after the plane thing)
Peter loses his son and Gwen again - from the House of M story line
He is physically controlled by the Jackal to murder his own wife, begs the New Warriors to kill him but is stopped by the Scarlet Spider & Mary Jane herself
Accidentally kills a woman during a fight with Wolverine
Is tormented his entire life by other kids until he receives spider powers
He finds out Gwen had 2 children with Norman Osborn (Green Goblin)
Turns into a "Man-Spider"
Aunt May is kidnapped (supposedly... MK Spider-Man #1)
Constantly harassed by the press and treated as a menace by the public
His friend (Flash Thompson) is crippled by the Green Goblin just to further terrorise Peter

no expression

That's obviously not everything (40 years is a long time)

marvelprince
Daredevil.

Lost his father
Abandoned by his mother
Two ex-girlfriends that he loved die because of his alter ago
Thought he had HIV
Had his gf dying thinking she was HIV positive and had infected him
Had a nervous breakdown
Had his wife leave him
Outted in the tabloids
Beat up and thrown into the street in his costume w/o his mask Arrested and thrown into jail
Thought for a while his best friend was dead

ankur29
superman and a few others are the last kryptonian, a few of teh other kryptonians are clones,
superman from other dimensions are eveil , killed superboy(superboy prime)
wife has no super powrs he'd be better off with wonder woman !lol!only jokin
spend his whole life treating the world like a cardborad box always havinng to be careful cause if he isnt hummans are like tissue and the earth like paper

badabing
I agree with all the previous choices. I didn't see Bruce Banner/Hulk.

Skeets
Ok... I'll start it off:

Spider-Man, Emotional Trauma: (not in chronological order)

Both parents dead
Indirectly responsible for his Uncle's death
Indirectly responsible for his girlfriends death (Gwen)
His best friend became his worst enemy... then died (Harry)
He gets cloned and doesn't know whether or not he's a "real" person
He (falsely) finds out he is a clone, which leads him to hit his pregnant wife and goes into a fit of depression
He and Mary Jane have a stillborn child
Aunt May dies (really... Amazing SM #400 ... I think) .... later to be retconned back to life
His parents seemingly come from the dead with the story of being held as prisoners in some other country (apparently his parents were spies)
He gets arrested and jailed for murder (that Kaine committed)
His parents are revealed as being simulacrum (androids of a sort) that are programmed to kill him
The Green Goblin comes back from the "dead" to terrorise Peter Parker for months on end
His clone (Ben Reilly) eventually becomes his best friend/brother... then later is killed by the Green Goblin
Spider-Man loses a fight to the Rhino (major humiliation ... sad )
Aunt May has a heart attack (on about 7 different occasions)
Mary Jane is "killed" in an aeroplane explosion (brought back a year later and revealed as a psycho stalkers plot to kidnap her)
Mary Jane leaves Peter (after the plane thing)
Peter loses his son and Gwen again - from the House of M story line
He is physically controlled by the Jackal to murder his own wife, begs the New Warriors to kill him but is stopped by the Scarlet Spider & Mary Jane herself
Accidentally kills a woman during a fight with Wolverine
Is tormented his entire life by other kids until he receives spider powers
He finds out Gwen had 2 children with Norman Osborn (Green Goblin)
Turns into a "Man-Spider"
Aunt May is kidnapped (supposedly... MK Spider-Man #1)
Constantly harassed by the press and treated as a menace by the public
His friend (Flash Thompson) is crippled by the Green Goblin just to further terrorise Peter

no expression

That's obviously not everything (40 years is a long time)
Losing to Rhino's the worst of them all....no expression
But seriously all the bad ones involve green goblin.

What about something more recent like the whole Civi war thing
and being killed by Morlun.
Venom stalking him and his family.
Jameson ****ing with him in the paper.
Jameson sueing him.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Skeets
Losing to Rhino's the worst of them all....no expression
But seriously all the bad ones involve green goblin.

Mainly because the Goblin knew who he was a long time before he went public and used his considerable resources just to f**k up Pete's life... he's even the one that faked Aunt May's death.... and may have been responsible for the baby being stillborn

I didn't mention the Morlun beating because I was really only listing emotional stuff rather than physical

Seriously... the Goblin is totally underrated on KMC as far as psychotic villains go

P.S...... the clone saga..... the Goblin was behind the whole thing

no expression

Skeets
What about mary jane knowing the whole time and not telling him about Gwen and Norman....no expression

Scoobless
Never trust a woman! ..... no expression

jumpmann
What about bad things have happened regular to Spider-Man since his creation and its hindered the idea of him being a tragic character?

Nothing ever goes right in his life...it's old and dry now. The sheer volume of tragic events is only a sign of poor writing. Its always one thing after another and I'm tired of seeing it.

bigbran
Tony stark....

Demonic Phoenix
Thanos....he got beat by Squirrel girlno expression

bigbran
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Thanos....he got beat by Squirrel girlno expression well then deadpool, doom, and a couple others have had it hard to.

Creshosk
Originally posted by jumpmann
What about bad things have happened regular to Spider-Man since his creation and its hindered the idea of him being a tragic character?

Nothing ever goes right in his life...it's old and dry now. The sheer volume of tragic events is only a sign of poor writing. Its always one thing after another and I'm tired of seeing it. So what.. You'd prefer the Disney version of Spiderman.. or comics for that matter?

Every character has it rough. The bad guys keep having their plans that they put alot of hard work and planning into fouled up by people in brightly colored spandex... granted the villains also wear the brightly colored spandex...

And the good guys are always haveing to save the day from the villians.

So could you tell me how a comic is supposed to exist without hardship, conflict and tragedy?

roughrider
Originally posted by Creshosk
So what.. You'd prefer the Disney version of Spiderman.. or comics for that matter?

Every character has it rough. The bad guys keep having their plans that they put alot of hard work and planning into fouled up by people in brightly colored spandex... granted the villains also wear the brightly colored spandex...

And the good guys are always haveing to save the day from the villians.

So could you tell me how a comic is supposed to exist without hardship, conflict and tragedy?

Well said.

jumpmann
I have no problem with "hardship, conflict and tragedy", as you put it. The problem I have with Spiderman is tragedy has become an overused gimmick for him. Nothing ever goes right for him. Even writers retcon past events like Goblin+Stacy just to add another bad thing to his list.

I would rather have a Disney Spiderman...he's fricken boring as hell now. You know at the Civil War something monumentally bad will happen to him...again and he'll be just as whiney and depressed like he has been since the beginning. His conflict right now has probably led to one of the most interesting arcs in recent ASM history. Its partly why Ultimate Spiderman was amazingly brilliant for like the first 55 issues. It was so fresh and right for Spider-Man.

Look at Jason Todd for the how to in tragic events defining a character. Batman had two major events that shaped him, and that's really all he needs to be a great tragic character. It's enough you know.

Creshosk
I have no problem with "hardship, conflict and tragedy", as you put it. The problem I have with Spiderman is tragedy has become an overused gimmick for him. Nothing ever goes right for him. Even writers retcon past events like Goblin+Stacy just to add another bad thing to his list. So you don't like the realism? Nothing ever seems to go right in my life either... But at least I haven't pissed off supervillans to make them try to make my life harder.

I would rather have a Disney Spiderman...he's fricken boring as hell now. You know at the Civil War something monumentally bad will happen to him... Naturally, that's what makes comic books entertaining is the conflict.

again and he'll be just as whiney and depressed like he has been since the beginning. That's part of his character.

His conflict right now has probably led to one of the most interesting arcs in recent ASM history. Its partly why Ultimate Spiderman was amazingly brilliant for like the first 55 issues. It was so fresh and right for Spider-Man.

Look at Jason Todd for the how to in tragic events defining a character. Batman had two major events that shaped him, and that's really all he needs to be a great tragic character. It's enough you know. you're entitled to your own opinion. However since you don't like the character there is nothing constructive to be gained from whining about it... like Spiderman does Mr. Pot.

jumpmann
I like Spiderman, I never said I didn't, I just don't like the writers who constantly throw another tragic event into his life for the hell of it. That's not realistic, like I said, its his gimmick.

And I don't recall saying I disliked the "realism". Please get back to me when you can debate without putting words into my mouth.

Brutacus
What about beast.

Born with oversized hands and feat, turned himself into a beast couldn't return to his human form.
Later he was kidnapped by a mad man who did all kinds of test on him.
He than turned to his human form again, but still had blue hair.
Than he became dumber but stonger wenn ever he used his strenght.
Than he turned back in to the blue monster, than a dark version of him took over his live and killed almost all of his childhood friends.
Than he mutated even more.

I mean that's also kind of sad.

Emotional and physical.

Omega-level
Cyclops: His parents seemingly died in a plane crash, and he had to jump from the plane with his brother and one parachute burning, surviving but gaining a brain injury which would make it impossible for him to look someone in the eye again. After spend a year in a coma, is separated from his little brother and pretty much raised by one of the greatest villains on the planet, whom was manipulating and using him for his own purposes. Runs away from the orphanage, and is somehow taken by a criminal who beats the s*it out of him and just uses for his own purposes too.
The love of his life dies and returns possessed by some cosmic god-like entity, becomes a mass murderer and then kills herself right in front of him. Before dying, she reveals that his father was alive and never came back to search for him.
Then, when Scott already has a son and is married to a woman which he even cares about, but only married because she resembles this women he loved (although he did not realized that at the time), his love comes back and he finds out she never was possessed, became a mass murderer, etc, and he, a man who always thought very carefully about his decision, leaves everything without thinking twice, and when tries to reach his wife and son back, discover they were kidnapped or murdered. When he finally finds out their whereabouts, his wife, whom actually is a clone of his loved one designed to have a son with him, turned insane, made a pact with devils, and tries to conquer the world and kill his son, and his brother is supporting her by her side. In the end, his wife died, but both her and the copy of his love made by the god-like entity are absorbed by his loved one, and they often switch personalities, and Cyclops discovers all the manipulations made by the villain, and kills him... but Sinister actually didn't die, and will always be there to haunt him for the rest of his life.
Later, his son is kidnapped by a psychopath, infected with a deadly technovirus, and has to be sent to the future. And when he thought he killed this bastard, he was wrong, and ended up being merged with him, dividing the same body and mind for more than 6 months, and Apocalypse destroying everything he thought about himself, driving him nearly insane, making it impossible for Scott to be the same person again. They are separated, but, of course, this villain eventually returns.
When he's already in the verge of a nervous breakdown after all this, his wife is turning into the same cosmic god-like entity who killed 5 billion people, and then dies again. Only to return a short time later and he has to fight her and kill her again, and knowing that it's not permanent, that she will rise again, and possibly try to destroy the universe another time.
And, after all this, Xavier, his mentor, whom he loves as a father and loves him has a son, not only kept a sentient life-form as a slave, risking the life of it's students, but mind raped him to forget everything about a big failure of him (Xavier) and that he had another brother, whom came back evil and nearly (?) insane.
And to make it better, he has to stand all X-men looking at him unsatisfied because he had an affair and is living with a woman they hate, even though your main concern ever since you're 15 years old is to protect and help them and fight alongside they all to protect a world full of people which fears and hates their species.
And to make it even better, this women, although she loves Scott a lot, even more than he loves her, mind-rapes him and lives him in a nearly vegetative state in a plan to defeat the X-men.
The last part maybe not happening at all, but still, a pretty easy life, isn't it?

Broly92
Prof.X
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8870/9dafa0e825d2392e8ac31fef1337f67bit7.jpg rolling on floor laughing

Lindquist
Martian Manhunter- Watched entire race die. "Stranded" on earth amongst people who only accept him if he changes form. No one can sympathize with him and no one can began to understand his past.

Creshosk
I like Spiderman, I never said I didn't, I just don't like the writers who constantly throw another tragic event into his life for the hell of it. That's not realistic, like I said, its his gimmick.

And I don't recall saying I disliked the "realism". Please get back to me when you can debate without putting words into my mouth. It is realistic though, my life for example is one crisis/tragedy after another.

You don't like that? You don't like realistic Not words put into your mouth. But pointing out what you are saying.

Please get back to me when you can coherently use logic to acheive valid conclusions.

jumpmann
You're actually going to compare your life to Spiderman? I don't buy it. It may not be perfect, but try competing against 40 consistent years of ridiculously awful things happening to you.

And again, I never said I don't like realism. I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that writers specifically and constantly trying to make unnormal bad things happen to Parker is not realistic and cheap writing. For good writing of Spiderman, see USM first 60 issues or so. Again, they retcon awful things like Gwen Stacy into even more awful occurances like her having babies with the Green Goblin...his arch rival...Stop blatently ignoring this point. Its not realism...its bad writing. There's a fine difference.

Creshosk
You're actually going to compare your life to Spiderman? I don't buy it. It may not be perfect, but try competing against 40 consistent years of ridiculously awful things happening to you. As I said, I have'nt pissed off any insane super villians. Sspiderman did... Hence he has/had a supervillian(s) trying to mess up his life.

And again, I never said I don't like realism. I'm sorry that you cannot comprehend that writers specifically and constantly trying to make unnormal bad things happen to Parker is not realistic and cheap writing. I'm sorry that you lack the cognitive functions capable of logically deducing that what's going on in his life is realistic in comparison.

I envy you, your life must have been a bed of roses if you've never had a constant hardship. Hell, I've had constant tragedy and I'm not even that bad off.

So if you don't like Spider-man(the comics) then don't read them. But bitching about them isn't going to help you any.

For good writing of Spiderman, see USM first 60 issues or so. Again, they retcon awful things like Gwen Stacy into even more awful occurances like her having babies with the Green Goblin...his arch rival...Stop blatently ignoring this point. Its not realism...its bad writing. There's a fine difference. Yeah a total bed of roses. guess what? These things happen where something bad happens and then you find out it's worse than you thought. That's realistic.

I'm sorry if you're not bright enough to see that. Not get back to me when you can think logically, and not just your own personal tastes.

jumpmann
Resorting to childish insults are we? Ran out of points before you started so it figures. stick out tongue

Yeah, like I said, you cannot compare your lives. I'm sure your problems are just as insignificant as anyone's as you seem fine to judge the intelligence of internet message board posters. Why don't you get some real problems and get back to me when you do.

Are you just going to toss out random insults or are you ever going to back up what you say? Ridiculous.

Most emoish statement I've seen on this board. I think my life's been pretty normal. I've had problems but I didn't have my parents die at a young age, didn't accidently cause the death of my uncle, didn't have to bear witness to countless bizarre deaths who have seemingly reversed themselves, the person I hated the most didn't have my dead girlfriends babies, clones...But if your life has been this bad in comparasion then I'd really recommend suicide. The universe clearly hates you and wants you to suffer. Ease some of the pain and some of us the pain of your blank statements with nothing to back them up! Thanks!

Words in my mouth again. I've yet to divulge whether I like them or not. I loved Superman but the time travel bit? Cmon! Point-its bad writing, not realistic. But please, try saying Spider-Man is realistic some more. Comedic bliss will ensue.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to back up anything you say with decent points. It is fun to watch though!

/laugh

Creshosk
Resorting to childish insults are we? Ran out of points before you started so it figures. stick out tongue That would explain why you started the insults first now wouldn't it?

Yeah, like I said, you cannot compare your lives. I'm sure your problems are just as insignificant as anyone's as you seem fine to judge the intelligence of internet message board posters. Why don't you get some real problems and get back to me when you do.So what's your biggest problem, daddy won't let you borrow the porche?

Are you just going to toss out random insults or are you ever going to back up what you say? Ridiculous. You first. smile

Most emoish statement I've seen on this board. I think my life's been pretty normal. I've had problems but I didn't have my parents die at a young age, didn't accidently cause the death of my uncle, didn't have to bear witness to countless bizarre deaths who have seemingly reversed themselves, the person I hated the most didn't have my dead girlfriends babies, clones...But if your life has been this bad in comparasion then I'd really recommend suicide. The universe clearly hates you and wants you to suffer. Ease some of the pain and some of us the pain of your blank statements with nothing to back them up! Thanks! Encoruraging suicide.. isn't that against the TOS? or is that another board?

Anyway if you think saying that I've had a hard life, but it could be worse is emo... yeah, you must be a rich preppy kid.

Words in my mouth again. You wish they were. Sadly, they're not. You've bitched quite a bit about how boring, and lame the Spiderman stories are...

I've yet to divulge whether I like them or not. You don't like them. You've already said this by complaining about the stories being bad.

I loved Superman but the time travel bit? Cmon! Point-its bad writing, not realistic. Spiderman=/= Superman

Your point is lost.

But please, try saying Spider-Man is realistic some more. Comedic bliss will ensue. Try reading properly next time. Constant hardship in life is realistic. Some have it harder than others.

I'm sorry you're not bright enough to back up anything you say with decent points. Your approval would fill me with shame. So your insults make me feel good. Because I'd hate for you to think I was bright.

It is fun to watch though! Not that you understand anything I say. and think that complex plots are boring.

/laugh Laugh it up fuzzball.

Tron
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Spawn yet...

jumpmann
It would...but I didn't so it doesn't lol.

So you admit that you've proven nothing? thx, and refer to you blinding ignoring my points as me backing myself up.

If your life sucks as bad as you make it out to be then I think it qualifies as healthy advice.

I don't think I said any of this, again jumping to conclusions but in any event, no I am not a rich preppy kid and I'm not going to waste time proving it lol.

So dumb. Words in my mouth again. I've mentioned one part of Spiderman lore. Quite fond of the dialogue and villains of the series that it overweighs the cheap tragedy gimmick.

See above and accept it.

Bad writing is bad writing, which was clearly my point.

But none have the universe throwing one bad event after another at them. Another difference is Parker has the intelligence and resources to make his better than the average person who has monumentally bad things happen to him like he has. See USM for a realistic version of Spiderman. Superheroish bad things happen to him, the universe is definitely not out to get him like in the 616 version. Old Bendis wins Spiderman.

Oh, and these are examples btw. Try using them!

And the rest is typical flamer garbage so yeah won't bother. Pretty much done here since you are apparently have no idea what the word realism means. Have fun writing the exact same thing over again, I know I'll fun read it again.

Creshosk
It would...but I didn't so it doesn't lol.I suppose you're reffering to me calling you a hypocrite... That wasn't insulting you. That was pointing out that you are a hypocrite.

So you admit that you've proven nothing? thx, and refer to you blinding ignoring my points as me backing myself up. I haven't backed anything up... but there isn't anything to back up.

You want me to back the claim that my life is hard? You want me to back up the claim that I haven't pissed off a supervillian?

Why don't you try using logistic challenges properly? I suppose you don't even understand what YOU are saying there is no way for you to understand what I am saying and there is no way you could understand the complex plots that go on in spiderman. No wonder you think its stupid you have some sort of learning disability.

If your life sucks as bad as you make it out to be then I think it qualifies as healthy advice. Yeah well proves just how dim you really are if you think suicide will make life better.

I don't think I said any of this,Apperently your learning disability covers memory:

"Most emoish statement I've seen on this board. "

Clearly you called me emo.

again jumping to conclusions but in any event, no I am not a rich preppy kid and I'm not going to waste time proving it lol.quote] Because you can't, because you are. Very nice.

So dumb. Words in my mouth again. I've mentioned one part of Spiderman lore. Quite fond of the dialogue and villains of the series that it overweighs the cheap tragedy gimmick. There' that memory problem again:

"it's old and dry now. The sheer volume of tragic events is only a sign of poor writing. Its always one thing after another and I'm tired of seeing it."
"The problem I have with Spiderman is tragedy has become an overused gimmick for him."
"I would rather have a Disney Spiderman...he's fricken boring as hell now."
"and he'll be just as whiney and depressed like he has been since the beginning."

See above and accept it. quote] Oh I've accepted that you're so dumb. And I also recognize backpeddling. you'll hastily try and back out of what you said without directly taking it back to make it look like you didn't say it in the first place. To save face.

Bad writing is bad writing, which was clearly my point.and again you call Spiderman's writing bad. Thus steping foreward after a backpeddle attempt.

But none have the universe throwing one bad event after another at them.Yeah people do. That's life. It sucks, but it happens.

Another difference is Parker has the intelligence and resources to make his better than the average person who has monumentally bad things happen to him like he has.quote] Intelligence yes, resources?

Sorry, the kid ain't rich.

See USM for a realistic version of Spiderman. Superheroish bad things happen to him, the universe is definitely not out to get him like in the 616 version. Old Bendis wins Spiderman. Again you say that constant hardship isn't normal.
Therefore you do not preceive it as normal.
Therefore you do not have constant harship.
Therefore you do not have a hard life.
You think that hardship is abnormal.
Therefore you are removed from other people who have hardship so cannot precive this in the world around you.
Therefore you are further away from a hard life than the average person.
Therefore you do not have an average life.
Since you do not have a hard life and you do not have an average life you must have an easy life.
Having an easy life implies a significant amount of money to support this easy life.
You have an easylife therefore you have the money.
You have the money therefore you are rich.

Oh, and these are examples btw. Try using them!Examples of what? Again, try to comprhend your own claims before you make them. Or did you mean like examples of your own words that shows you do not like Spiderman(616):

"it's old and dry now. The sheer volume of tragic events is only a sign of poor writing. Its always one thing after another and I'm tired of seeing it."
"The problem I have with Spiderman is tragedy has become an overused gimmick for him."
"I would rather have a Disney Spiderman...he's fricken boring as hell now."
"and he'll be just as whiney and depressed like he has been since the beginning."
"Bad writing is bad writing"

And the rest is typical flamer garbage so yeah won't bother."Won't bother" translation:
"I do not have the ability to counter what you have said, therefore I will just ignore what you said."

Pretty much done here since you are apparently have no idea what the word realism means.I have a strong grasp on it. the problem is that you are so far removed from normal you don't know what normal is. As I showed above.

Have fun writing the exact same thing over again, I know I'll fun read it again. Now you contradict yourself. That or my writing is good.

Sadly you missed the quoted line entirely. Or maybe you just have never seen what the line comes from.

Ask yourself: "Why did I use the word 'fuzzball'"?

DarkCrawler
Bah, screw Spider-Man, screw Daredevil, they know nothing of losses compared to Namor.

Loses his friends, Captain America and Bucky (Brought back, though).
Loses another of his friends, Captain America II.
Loses his grandfather and mother on the same time in an earthquake.
Loses his memory for at least 10 years.
His wife is killed by Llyra, she suffocates slowly.
His cousin is killed, by poisoning. He couldn't be on her deathbed because he had lost his memory.
His father is killed half a hour after he finds him again.
Betty Dean, his first love, dies.
He is forced to kill his second wife, and she dies in his arms.
Dies himself...
...twice, both times being quite painful.
Is forced to kill the clone of his wife.
Meets Marrina's soul in Black Knight's sword, forced to leave her.
His mother is back alive, she dies by saving Namor's life.
His son with Marrina dies few minutes after he finds him.
Many of his followers die when Atlantis rises from the water.
Saves an Atlantean child, last of his subjects to still be alive on the risen Atlantis, only for her to die in his arms.
Loses one of his closest friends, Human Torch I.
Loses his friend, Bruce Banner/Hulk, when the people he thought were his friends, shoot him in space.
Perhaps the most dearest person in his life, Namorita, dies violently.

Probably forgot something, but those are the major things.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Creshosk
Laugh it up fuzzball.

...Fuzzball? confused

Juntai
Ever since it became popular, almost every hero has played the tragic hero roll for most of their careers.

Maestro
Genis

Scoobless
On the other side of this... Namor is a King and has a ton of hot sea and land babes around him all the time.... and Spider-Man banged the Black Cat and then married a supermodel

I suppose it all evens out

stick out tongue

Accel
Originally posted by Tron
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Spawn yet...
Couldn't give his wife the kid she wanted.
Dies and goes to hell.
Sells himself to the devil for the opportunity to see his wife again.
Comes back years later to discover his wife has remarried and has a kid.
Has to endure the memories of the times he mistreated is wife and took her for granted.
Has to be cautious of his powers or he'd go back to Hell.
Discovers that his own boss betrayed him and killed him.
Watches one his closest friends as Spawn, Angela, die.
Is betrayed by one of the few people he trusted, who strips him of his power as king of Hell.
Loses his memory for a short while.
Is betrayed by his latest friend and lover after becoming reconnected to the Hellspawn.
Gets the crap beaten out of him by Violator in front of a city of possessed people.

I know there's more, but this is all I got right now.

Accel
Bruce/Hulk...

Is physically abused by his father as a kid.
Watches his father kill his mother.
Is almost killed by his own father.
Hunted down by the army.
Rejected by the team he helped form (Avengers).
Watches the woman he (Hulk) loves dies.
Attempts several failed suicides.
Endures multiple personalities.
Briefly goes to Hell where he is tormented by his father and enemies.
Discovers that if he led a normal life, he would have become just like his father.
Almost permantly cripples one of his best friends.
Has to live in fear of the Devil Hulk emerging.
Loses his wife to radiation poisoning.
Betrayed by the government and sent into space.
Reduced to life as a slave and now a fugitive.
May possibly end up surviving the extinction of the human race and die alone (The End possible future storyline).

Broly92
What about villans?

Draco69
Bart Allen is a very tragic character. If you know his history, he's currently only 4 years old. His body is 20 years old.

His father is dead. His grandfather and mentor are stuck in the Speed Force, his best friend is dead and he has more power than he can handle.

Not to mention, he has to deal with his sexuality and such.

How does the mind of a 4 year old deal with sex?

Shorty G
LOL can you explain more about Bart please ?

And Creshok saying having money is an easy life is bull, my girlfriend is a rich girl but she has had a hard life, she has had threats of people kidnapping her, because of her fathers money, twice actually, once during our relationship, she has had her mum leave her to go to New York for a new life, people constantly use her and shit, and troubles with her Mums boyfriend. So re-think what you said.

Draco69
Bart was the son of Barry Allen's son in the future. The day after he was born he had the body of a four year old. In six hours he had the body of a ten year old. His parents realized that eventually he would age himself to death in a matter of two days. So they put him in a virtual reality simulator that would convince him that he was really a 10 year old and not a 2 day old infant with the body of ten year old while they tried to find a cure.

However a villain attacked, Bart's father died and Bart himself was thrown into the past.

He arrived with the mind of one-year old and a body of fourteen year old. He was named Impulse for obvious reasons....

Creshosk
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...Fuzzball? confused A better response. But it's a line from a movie. lol

Originally posted by Shorty G
And Creshok saying having money is an easy life is bull, my girlfriend is a rich girl but she has had a hard life, she has had threats of people kidnapping her, because of her fathers money, twice actually, once during our relationship, she has had her mum leave her to go to New York for a new life, people constantly use her and shit, and troubles with her Mums boyfriend. So re-think what you said. I'll respond to you when you respond to my post correctly.

Try again and we'll talk.

Soujaboy
Thor

witnessing the death of every single being in your entire race can be fairly tragic. Not only that, he even knew how they died after he became the omnipotent.

The Pict
X-23:
Born to be a weapon and forced to kill while still a child
Raised in a hostile environment and shown almost no love during her childhood
forced to kill her own mother
Became a prostitute while an under age teenager.

Pretty tragic.

galan7777777
in my oppinion Ult. Cap America's story is a very tragic one. He was frozen for over 60 years, and when he woke up all of his friends and loved ones had either died or were about to die. To me thats very tragic

Accel
Originally posted by galan7777777
in my oppinion Ult. Cap America's story is a very tragic one. He was frozen for over 60 years, and when he woke up all of his friends and loved ones had either died or were about to die. To me thats very tragic
The same could be said about 616 Cap as well...

And Fry from Futurama.

Inhuman
rhyno

galan7777777
Originally posted by Accel
The same could be said about 616 Cap as well...

And Fry from Futurama. i know, i just like Ult Cap better wink

Ultraman Baltan
Punisher.

Ultraman Baltan
Which character has gone through the most emotional and/or physical trauma?

Name a character then list as much crap they've had to go through as you can think of.

My hero for my new novel The Choice has a pretty damn tragic life. Probably more than any other hero.

WHOOPS! Gave something away. wink

DigiMark007
On the other side of this... Namor is a King and has a ton of hot sea and land babes around him all the time.... and Spider-Man banged the Black Cat and then married a supermodel

I suppose it all evens out

stick out tongue

Right. Pete's happy, despite his trauma. I can't really consider him the worst off because of that (MJ and Aunt May mostly).

Originally posted by Accel
And Fry from Futurama.

Co-signed. Did you see the episode about his dog? I almost cried.

Validus
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I was pissed at Bender for a little bit after that. disgust

Ext@nt
Spider-man
Robin
Raven
Superman

darthgoober
Surfers had it pretty bad.

-He gave up his life(and his love) to become Galactus's herald.
-Finally got free from Galactus, at the cost of being stuck on Earth.
-He's lost Mantis, Nova, and Shalla Bal, on numerous occasions.
-He's hated in quite a few places through out the universe, for ever being Galactus's herald.
-He spends most of his time wanting to be left alone, but he gets pulled into just about every cosmic level conflict that happens.
-He's unfortunate enough to just about always be the one who stumbles on cosmic level villains plots to take over everything.
-And Mephisto has just about made capturing Norrin's soul, his ultimate objective.

Other heroes may have had it as bad or worse, but probably not many.

kevdude
Batman,Spiderman,Superman,John Constantine,Hal Jordan,Punisher,Captian America.

Mindship
Ben Grimm. His appearance, contrasted with his heart and sense of humor, beats all.
Bruce Banner. Quiet, mild-mannered, becomes a rampaging monster, neither persona accepting of the other.
Silver Surfer. Though not seen as tragic, he has the blood of billions on his hands. I think if he ever thought about it to full effect, he'd go mad.

Scoobless
That kid from Ultimate X-Men 41 (or 42)

Grimm22

Agreed sad

That would be the worst.

Finding out you killed your family and your freinds just because you hit puberty.

It dosent get much worse than that

Accel
Yeah. Really felt bad for the ol' mutt. sad
Details?

capt it up
Logan and winter solider are easily in top 10

Scoobless

Pffft....Gaylord!

stick out tongue

Scoobless
whistling

Symmetric Chaos
Every post is a repost repost . . .

Scoobless
How quickly they forget .... sad

Symmetric Chaos
How quickly they forget .... sad

"Oft changing are the loves of men."

Scoobless
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
"Oft changing are the loves of men."

no expression ........ Sissy!

stick out tongue

SpunkySmurph
"Oft changing are the loves of men." Actually, I think most of us are straight. none180

His Airness
Originally posted by capt it up
Logan and winter solider are easily in top 10

Wolverine has to be mentioned in everything huh? ermm

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Actually, I think most of us are straight. none180

"Some one is pretty deep in the closet." - Socrates

SpunkySmurph
"Some one is pretty deep in the closet." - Socrates "That wasn't a gay joke." - Smurf

Symmetric Chaos
"That wasn't a gay joke." - Smurf

"Denial is merely the first step toward action." - DarthVader

Scoobless
"I am in a world of shit" - Private Pile

(watching Full Metal Jacket just now)

Newjak
"I am in a world of shit" - Private Pile

(watching Full Metal Jacket just now) Awesome movie wink

SpunkySmurph
"Denial is merely the first step toward action." - DarthVader " When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car." - Anon

Symmetric Chaos
" When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car." - Anon

A monk asked Ummon, "What is Buddha?" Ummon answered, "A dried stick of dung." - Proverb

SpunkySmurph
"Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers." - Homer Simpson

Symmetric Chaos
"Oh yes, let's race towards the gunfire." - Rodney McKay

SpunkySmurph
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." - Airplane!

Grinning Goku
Giant Man. Saddest motherfuc.ker on the planet.

Sam Z
Batman
Daredevil
Spider-man

Almost ALL Teen Titans... Their lives sucked.

Dinalfos
I think most (Marvel) characters are a little sad and tragic. To varying degrees, of course. Hell, even Deadpool is tragic in some ways.

boriquaking55
Rorscach

llagrok
Originally posted by marvelprince
Daredevil.

Lost his father
Abandoned by his mother
Two ex-girlfriends that he loved die because of his alter ago
Thought he had HIV
Had his gf dying thinking she was HIV positive and had infected him
Had a nervous breakdown
Had his wife leave him
Outted in the tabloids
Beat up and thrown into the street in his costume w/o his mask Arrested and thrown into jail
Thought for a while his best friend was dead

His ex-girlfriend had a porn movie as well.

Imagine every guy in the world being able to see your girlfriend do a porn movie, except you. Well, every guy who's not blind durfist

The Fake Macoy
Mr. Immortal's had a pretty tragic life. He knows that he's going to outlive the entire universe, and watched most of his loved ones die. He can't even commit suicide.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.