Don't you LOVE my video stores???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LariCrai_Kenobi
EHEHHEHEHE....the store let mom rent LotR a day early..... unfrotunatly, that place dosen't get DVDs *snuffles*

hehehhe *huggles her elf species: the Acrians*

mah
I rented the LOTR VHS some days ago

Dexx
i only have the bootleg...Don't need more.

Palanfirith
In my opinion it doesn't worth to by the VHS.I think I'll wait for the november DVD...... big grin

Dexx
booooootleg RLZ!

Palanfirith
I have it also.But the DVD's in november will be more then just the film(probablybig grin)

Dexx
yeah, it probaBLY WILL.....

Palanfirith
hmm.....4DVD's.......for sure

LariCrai_Kenobi
Yeah, I'm waiting to get the extended version, but I wanted mom to see it.

Palanfirith
what did she say bout it ?

Mujaffa
got the cheap two edition dvd.... mad

Sabrea
my mom doesnt usually let me rent movies unless i beg *i only beg for my hayden movies cause i only get to rent once in a great while* so i still havent seen LOTR and im gonna buy it when the special edition DVD comes out, i usually buy movies and end up liking them, plus i heard LOTR is REALLY REALLY REALLY good when does the special edition DVD come out ne ways??...

mah
november

finti
together with Two Tower at the theatres and AOTC DVD cool , gonna be a good month for a suck ass time of the year

Dexx
*burps and lifts feet on the table*
Gimme a bootleg of 'em all

mah
bootlegs has no extras

Dexx
*burps again*
and?

mah
and I'm yearning for the 4dvd's crammed with goodness

Dexx
yeah, but you payed for those
*buuuuuurp!*

mah
I'll pay gladly instead of sitting with a bootleg with nothin' on it

Dexx
*stops burping for a sec*
No, actually is has the movie on it

mah
*shocked* amazing!
plus...It's illegal! (^o^)

Dexx
laughing out loud laughing illegal???...oh yeah, there's that too.

Sabrea
it doesnt really matter if its illegal, people do illegal stuff evryday and dont get in trouble...

Dexx
ur talkin abou t a country in wich sofware piratery is about 95%....belive it!

Sabrea
which country?...

Dexx
Romania

Sabrea
try the US...

Dexx
i'm sure piratery is no way near....

Sabrea
im sure its pretty high here...

Dexx
ok, maybe....but 95%???...i don't think so

mah
95% of what?

Dexx
95% piratery in the software market

Sabrea
probly not 95%, but its still high...

Dexx
yeah, maybe it's higher that 95%...why didn't i think at that.

Sabrea
i dont think its higher than 95% in the US....

Dexx
didn't think so

Sabrea
probly somewhere in the 70s or 80s...

Dexx
amateurs...hehehe

Sabrea
u think its bad that its lower than 95%??

Dexx
welll....uh.....errrgh....YES!

Sabrea
u encourage piracy??

Corran
Aha me hearties, hoist the Jolly Roger, theres piratin' to be done.

Sabrea
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dexx
I don't encourage piratery, but as long as it's there...why not use it...

Corran
You don't encourage sex with ugly fat chicks either, but as long as it's there...why not use it...

Sabrea
so ur just gonna pirate ep.II??GL wont make ne money, and was seriously considering doin a 7 & 8, but without profits...

Corran
I don't think GL is considering doing a 7 & 8, where do you get this rubbish from?

Sabrea
lucas arts

Fire
well last interview I read with GL he said he wouldn't start on 7 and 8
but that's from a while back, at the release of AOTC

btw to get back on topic for all the LOTR fans just do what I do, have the DVD-bootleg, have the normal DVD, copy (if u have access to a decent machine ) the VHS and buy the extended DVD edition in novembre

Sabrea
or u can just wait for the special edition and get just one copy

Dexx
hey i read about 7,8,9 trilogy too. Besides. I already have ep. II pirated...Boooooootlegggggg!. And trust me, GL's still makin' money

Sabrea
u couldnt wait til november...

Ushgarak
He's not doing 7, 8 and 9. And some crappy bootleg does not impress me at all. The set being released in November will be far superior. And the reason not to indulge in piracy is that it is theft.

Dexx
yes, i know it is theft. And i most certainly didn't tell 'bout the bootleggs to impress anyone smile

Palanfirith
back on the LOTR subject.
I'll just buy the november edition.In my opinion the 2 DVD release and the VHS aren't such a good choice

Sabrea
the special edition has 4 discs, right?

Fire
yep
think everyone knows that,
and to get back to palan's remark well I don't care, i couldn't forgive myself if I'd miss out on a piece of movie or documentairy so
and I can't wait till novembre

Sabrea
its spelled november!! cant u get it right??

Corran
It's spelled novembre in parts of Belgium.

Dexx
spelling's not that important.......it's ok if u understand what the guy says

Fire
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing sorry just made me think of that morron in that sucky movie striptease

Sabrea
how could spelling make u think of striptease?? wait...*thinks to herself* i take that back, i really dont wanna kno...

Fire
no idea, but I got a slight form of dislectia, which causes me to sometimes think words are there which aren't there, or are in another order as they really are (only happens when I read somethin' pretty fast tho) but still it happens from time to time

and I thought he said c'mon now spelling's not important

and in striptease hat dumb senator says: who's not important, just made me think of it

Sabrea
ok...ive nver seen it and dont really care to see it...

Fire
ti ain't good, my dad just seems to think it's a good movie

Sabrea
is it as bad as the title??

LariCrai_Kenobi
ack, sawy I left for a while.

What did my mom say??? I rough vote:

"THAT"S IT?!?! I HAD TO ST FOR THREE HOURS FOR THAT?!?!?!?! THAT WAS THE STUPIDIST ENDING I'VE EVER SEEEN!!"

me: " Mom, it's becuase the books end there....."

Momj: "I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!""

heh...

oh I have a ?... does anyone know a ballpark figure of how much the 4 disks is gonna cost??

mah
not sure what it'll cost.

you should learn your mom some LOTR factssmile

Fire
I assume it to be double the normal dvd or a bit more
but I ain't paying more then 65 euro's

Sabrea
and 65 eros translates to wat in amercan money??and lari said she tried to tell her mom bout lotr but she got annoyed...

yerssot

mah
about 63,9 dollars

Fire
well my whole family loves LOTR (everyone has read the book except for my brother)
we have all seen the movie atleast 10 times and maybe they'll buy the extended dvd version

Dexx
i admit i was a little dissappointed 'bout the ending myself. I got over it big grin . I don't get why did peter jackson had to change boromir's death...
In the moovie he seemed heroic fighting with those arrows sticcking out when actually in the books the orcs pin him with dosens of arrows to a tree...

Fire
aaah well, boromir deserved the movie death

Dexx
i'm sure it would've been heroic seein him sricking out of a tree evil face .

Fire
yea it would have been heroic but a bit harder to look "realistic"

Dexx
orcs fillin him with arrows...pretty realistic

Ushgarak
It would have been bad going filmwise. You must remember that a simple, direct translation of books to films does NOT work. Films are fundamentally different and changes need to be made. Boromir's death as presented in the film worked very well at the end of the film; as given in the book it would not.

It was very similar to how he dided in the cartoon film, actually.

Fire
never seen the cartoon smile

LariCrai_Kenobi
Hmmm.....
oh the Boromir thing the way I see it: In the movie they made him seem more of a evil guy instead of a guy with just a ton of problems that he was in the book. SO, in exchange we get to have him havea "heroic" ending. heh...... *goes to sketch a pic of him in his honor >.o Ok, I'm sappy*

Dexx
i never immagined him evil. He was just a little more drawn by the ring, that's all

Corran
Yes, once he snapped out of the pull the ring had on him, he was able heroically try and defend Merry and Pippin and then he had the courage to admit to Aragorn what he had tried to do.

Dexx
he was a good soul....that damn father of his probably poisoned his mind big grin

Fire
lol, think it was more the ring then his father (atleast in the end)

Dexx
yeah..the ring *drulls*

LariCrai_Kenobi
ring........*shivers* OOOO O

I found a 14k wedding band a couple years back, and I put it in one of my drawers, and so now I'm wearing it around my neck. ....But, the point is, I went to me friend's house after school, and her sister goes:

"I didn't know you were married."

me: "I'm not."

her: "You have a wedding band on your neck."

me: "It's not a wedding band."

her: "Er...it's not?"

me: "Oh no... it's the Acrian ring of power."

*blank looks shoot my way*

hehehhehe. The girl I was having the convo. with is a year younger than me, but her and my other friend have a younger sister. She actually thought I was serious.

I'm still highly amused....

mah
rolling on floor laughing

Smodden
Originally posted by LariCrai_Kenobi
ring........*shivers* OOOO O

I found a 14k wedding band a couple years back, and I put it in one of my drawers, and so now I'm wearing it around my neck. ....But, the point is, I went to me friend's house after school, and her sister goes:

"I didn't know you were married."

me: "I'm not."

her: "You have a wedding band on your neck."

me: "It's not a wedding band."

her: "Er...it's not?"

me: "Oh no... it's the Acrian ring of power."

*blank looks shoot my way*

hehehhehe. The girl I was having the convo. with is a year younger than me, but her and my other friend have a younger sister. She actually thought I was serious.

I'm still highly amused....

laughing out loud

mah...roll eyes (sarcastic)

xXLauriëXx
woh.. really old thread

JohnnyBloom
^^ appart from you two - last posted on 6th September 2002!!!!
Laurie - really really old thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.