The Wickerman--- SCARY!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UWHusky
I think I am going to have nightmares after I see this movie but it will be so worth it... hopefully! Anyways- the poster even looks freaky!

Solo
If we are indeed discussing the remake, it looks terrible. The original is ace, though.

redcaped
Why is he behind the girl?

tabby999
because if he was infront you couldn't see her

Myth
The original was one of the biggest wastes of 2 of my hours. SOOOOO Boring. I can't believe it is even considered a scary movie. Its more of a drama/mystery/put little kids to bed movie.

deathbycorn
The horror element in The Wicker Man is the sacrifice/burning of the sheriff.

Myth
You mean the last 2 minutes of the movie? Two minutes in my opinion does not make a movie a horror film.

steverules
I thought there was an original.

jaden101
you want a great and surreal experience related to this film

http://www.thewickermanfestival.co.uk/

makes for a great weekend

MildPossession
The original is a cult classic, fabulous, this remake looks a bore, I see they have replaced the virginity part with bees...?

epicadventure
Well, the history on the original is interesting enough. A small British film that had huge possiblities but was torn away from the director and the vision was lost, and as the years went by 3 different versions of the film came into existance, a long, medium, and short version. You could practically make a movie about the making of the original movie.

I'm now intrigued by the original, and will hopefully track it down either before or shortly after I see this upcoming one-- its always interesting to see what changes are made in remakes, what is kept, etc.

As for the remake, I think it looks good. Very suspenseful and creepy, which I love. The mind-benders have more of a lasting impact on me than severed limbs tend to do. And Nic Cage fits the lead role oh so well.

ladygrim
Originally posted by Solo
If we are indeed discussing the remake, it looks terrible. The original is ace, though. The original is really cool big grin loved that movie

C-Dic
Original bored the hell out of me as well, and I've tried to watch it a couple of times. How it's considered a "horror" is beyond me, because the "Dragnet" movie pretty much used the same plot, and made it 10 times more entertaining, IMO.

-hh-
Originally posted by redcaped
Why is he behind the girl? Originally posted by tabby999
because if he was infront you couldn't see her

laughing

Deano
i appreciate the original. it was quite spooky but i woudnt call it a horror as such.

pumas79
i wouldnt consider the original a horror movie in the slightest, someone getting burned at the end does not constitute a horror movie, just because its a sacrifial burning doesnt mean its a horror,
plus it bored the crap out of me completely,

cain marko
its not really a horror film is it? its more a thriller! well the original was.

UWHusky
i never saw the original, and frankly i dont care too! normally the original's for movies like this are sooo boring and they are never as fresh or exciting as the new films

so, all you remake naysayers can take a hike bc remakes rock and they aren't going anywhere!!

Solo
Originally posted by UWHusky
i never saw the original, and frankly i dont care too! normally the original's for movies like this are sooo boring and they are never as fresh or exciting as the new films

so, all you remake naysayers can take a hike bc remakes rock and they aren't going anywhere!!

pumas79
well said, unfortunately everytime a remake comes out there are always the traditionall boring buggers in their dusty old clothes saying how crap it is compared to the original, who cares if its crap compared to the original? jesus, its just a film ffs,

epicadventure
Remakes are such a complicated issue. One one hand, it'd be great if there were huge batches of brand new ideas and material. But at the same time, if a movie was made over 20 years ago and was good, odds are that a lot of people haven't seen it, and because most people don't take the time to go back and watch old movies, the only way for them to see the concept in movie form is if it is re-made and re-released. That way it appeals to the mainstream fan, with stars they recognize, updated visuals, and maybe even with changed elements so it has greater relevance.

I think the only problem with remakes (this goes for sequels too), and I agree this has happened in the past, is when the remake(sequel) is poorly made because the powers that be are banking on the well known name. I don't see this as an issue for Wickerman.

UWHusky
Thank you! Even mr. solo's response of ..... is so annoying - people need to just get over themselves and stop putting "original" movies on a pedastal.

just watch the movie, dangit!! Wickerman is going to be scary and im sticking to it!

roughrider
Two days to go, and this remake still has no advance reviews. Is it not being screened?
I smell a hunk of crap on the horizon - even if it has been directed by Neil Labute.

Kram3r
I really didn't like the original. I was expecting a far more scarier cult like film out of it. The musical scenes annoyed the hell out of me.

woody82
I've only seen the orginal and i didn't find it scary but i'm going to see this when it comes out in englandf hopefully it will be good as the preview vid looked class

roughrider
Well, the first reviews are posted at Rotten Tomatoes. 17% approval so far - the common observance of critics is this remake plays as an unintentional comedy! laughing out loud

MildPossession
One reviewer today on television said he wished the negatives of this remake movie went missing.

fruits
i just saw this movie and it's one of the few movies ive seen in the last month or two that i really liked. i don't think it qualifies as a scary movie really, but it was very goooooood. i dont know why u guys dont like it......

Prince Nauj
this is the dumbest movie ever!!!

fruits
y do u guys think it's so dumb

roughrider
It's one of many unneccessary remakes out there these days. I have no interest in watching it.

gabbygood22
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
this is the dumbest movie ever!!!

yes it is

Myth
Originally posted by UWHusky
people need to just get over themselves and stop putting "original" movies on a pedastal.

I love how this is said when many of the people don't even like the original.

Dr. Leg Kick
I've seen the original, and watched the remake again today. I enjoyed it. Some of you have your heads up your asses. Not every movie is going to be a classic.

deathbycorn
The Wicker Man remake is ok. Nothing on the original but still a decent way to pass time IMO.

MildPossession
Okay? it's one horrendous piece of crap. Glad I didn't spend money on it.

Doesn't matter if it is nowhere near a classic, it's right down near the worst movies ever made list. Not even decent to 'pass the time'.

BackFire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

Compilation of scenes from the remake taken out of context. One of the funniest things I've seen.

MildPossession
What a wimp... has to use a gun to take a bicycle off someone...

I don't remember the bees in the face hat thingy scene?

BackFire
Yeah, I think it was a deleted scene.

deathbycorn
It was in the Unrated version. Thats a good scene. Nothing wrong with it.

Dr. Leg Kick
Originally posted by MildPossession
What a wimp... has to use a gun to take a bicycle off someone...

I don't remember the bees in the face hat thingy scene? you do know that if he forceful took it, a bunch of you would be saying "just like those cops...****ing pigs"
Originally posted by BackFire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo

Compilation of scenes from the remake taken out of context. One of the funniest things I've seen. laughing

llagrok
Way to shit all over a classic.

Go Cage! Droppin' bitches left and right

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.