Kevin Smith to direct a Horor Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

papabeard
KEVIN SMITH DOES HORROR?
by Alex Riviello

Source: News Askew

08.15.2006 -

Kevin Smith is making a horror film.

Let that sink in a little bit.

Yes, there's been rumors about it ever since he mentioned it jokingly at the recent Wizard-World event, but it's been confirmed by the man himself on his website-

"...it'll be pretty different from anything else I've done thus far - that much I can tell you. There may be a few chuckles in it along the way, but it won't be comedy-horror. It'll be chills and gore."

I'm sure you're all wondering how his style will work for the genre. Look- I love (most of) his movies and all- but he's hardly known for his interesting camerawork. Remember that fight from Dogma? Still, it's something different, and I think we'll all be happy as long as he steps away from his Jersey trilogy. (uh, quintilogy? Sextology?) The film's not going to be released for at least 2 years, so we've all got a lot of time to speculate on its merits before it's even made.

No word on if Jay and Silent Bob will show up like in that horrible Scream 3 appearance. Snoogans.

Source = creature - corner

Wolfie
I heard his next project would be a sci-fi film (same humor as Jay and Silent Bob but not to involve the characters), Ranger Danger and the Danger Rangers! eek!

SelphieT
oh mi gawwzzzz this sounds gweat big grin

Solo
Probably not such a good idea.

zslick
ptsh probably not a great idea kevin smith is great it would be great to have him as a horror movie director to see what he could do!

tabby999
why the hell not, every other hack has put out stagnant horror, Smith is in with a chance to make something really good

Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16195

There's another article on it.

Since it's a Smith film, I'll be looking forward to it.

Vash_4_prez
Two things- 1) Smith rocks, and 2) there is no way he could be worse than Uwe Boll.

roughrider
Originally posted by Vash_4_prez
Two things- 1) Smith rocks, and 2) there is no way he could be worse than Uwe Boll.

True, but I don't want a bunch of yammering talking heads, like he's making a Scream film.

Kram3r
I heard about this back in August directly from the man himself when he came down here. I was a little surprised but I was also very interested. I'd like to see what he'd do with horror.

Vash_4_prez
Good point, Rider. If all else fails, we can just imagine it being Clerks with gore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.