ROTS Aayla Secura and ROTS Ki-Adi Mundi vs. TPM Darth Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John!attheDisco
The same room in Theed where Maul dueled Jinn and Kenobi...

Sith'ari
Maul tools them.

kamikz
Yeah, at the very least he beats them.

darthsith19
This is pretty even. Maul was nearly as strong as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and this duo is perhaps even with that one so they could probably take out Maul - I'd say Mundi isn't far behind Qui-Gon and Aayla is a fair bit above TPM Obi-Wan (she did, by this time, manage to defeat Aurra Sing in a lightsaber duel, so she's pretty strong). This duo would be stronger than Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan but their teamwork probably isn't quite as good as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's is, so overall this team would probably be equally profecient against Maul as that duo was.

Darth Kreiger
What were Ki-Adi/Aayla's Lightsaber styles? Wern't they like Form 1? If so, then I doubt they would beat Maul, Qui-Gon was on par with Mace apparently, Ki-Adi was more of a General than a Warrior.

Sith'ari
Mundi was more of a diplomat. I'm guessing he utilises Soresu. Shaak Ti utilises Makashi.

kamikz
Originally posted by darthsith19
This is pretty even. Maul was nearly as strong as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan and this duo is perhaps even with that one so they could probably take out Maul - I'd say Mundi isn't far behind Qui-Gon and Aayla is a fair bit above TPM Obi-Wan (she did, by this time, manage to defeat Aurra Sing in a lightsaber duel, so she's pretty strong). This duo would be stronger than Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan but their teamwork probably isn't quite as good as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's is, so overall this team would probably be equally profecient against Maul as that duo was.

Actually, I think Maul was superior to them both, even at the same time.

Akira99
From the way they died in ROTS I find it VERY hard to picture Ki Adi and Aayla defeating Maul. Very hard indeed. Ki-Adi at time of TPM didn't even use a lightsaber and he seemed pretty weak at it in AOTC and ROTS - he'd be totally overpowered.
Aayla would do better - as good as or better than TPM Kenobi. I don't know how strong Aura Sing is but if Aayla beat her then she must be good. And she was totally caught of guard in ROTS and I couldn't see Qui-Gon doing much better.
Maul mauls Ki Adi and defeats Secura with some difficulty

Advent
Originally posted by kamikz

He was. He was beating the shit out of both of them, and wasn't even tired. The novel confirms that, and so does the movie. He's superior to Qui-Gon in terms of fighting and "weapons training", in other words: skill.

Originally posted by Akira99
From the way they died in ROTS I find it VERY hard to picture Ki Adi and Aayla defeating Maul.

So because they died via a surprise attack, it's "hard to imagine" them beating beating Maul? That's ridiculous. Aayla was gunned down from behind without even a chance to even overcome her clone troops. And Ki-Adi-Mundi, though he did put up a decent fight, ultimately died as well. You can't base a fight off a surprise attack, otherwise people would be saying "l0l Anak1n sh0ewalk3r beat Mac3 Windu".

WTF? Everyone used a lightsaber. We just don't see him activate it, or use it because it was a short movie. In his days past, he carried a lightsaber all the time, and was definitely more martial.

We don't even see Aayla is TPM, can we say she sucks because of that?

Answer: No.

He would get overpowered, as Maul is firmly his superior, but what you're saying is pretty ridiculous. He "seemed" pretty weak in AOTC and ROTS, despite barely getting any screen time? Lol. Again, ridiculous.

Maul wins nonetheless.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
What were Ki-Adi/Aayla's Lightsaber styles? Wern't they like Form 1? If so, then I doubt they would beat Maul, Qui-Gon was on par with Mace apparently, Ki-Adi was more of a General than a Warrior.
Ki-Adi uses Makashi, the same form as Dooku, idk about Aayla, doesn't she use Ataru? And no, Qui-Gon wasn't on par with Mace, his saber skills were close to TPM Mace's.
Really? So that's why he ended up dead and at the bottom of a pit?

You know, ROTS Obi-Wan alone could beat Maul and he would have been killed by the Clones just as easily as Ki-Adi or Aayla had been if he hadn't been moving so fast. he didn't sense anything, either, at least Ki-Adi fought back.

Proof that he didn't use a lightsaber? And he didn't seem to be that weak, he did well at the Battle of Geonosis and defended himself against the Clones that attacked him.

Aurra Sing beat Ki-Adi once inbetween TPM and AOTC so she's pretty strong.

What makes you think that Aayla's so much stronger than Ki-Adi? Ki-Adi did better than she did against General grievous when they fought on Hypori, he was a high general in the Clone Wars, he fought off the Clones that killed him better than she did, he uses a form more suited for lightsaber to lightsaber combat, he's a Jedi Master and she's but a Knight so for all those reasons I can't see where you came to the conclusion that Aayla would do better against Maul than Ki-Adi would.

Oh I agree than he was superior to either of them alone, just not at the same time, though that was damn close.

Advent, you think that Maul would win? Why, you don't believe this duo to be superior to TPM Obi-Wan and Aayla? Well, either way I think this battle is close but I still give it to the duo.

Advent
Oh I agree than he was superior to either of them alone, just not at the same time, though that was damn close.

Advent, you think that Maul would win? Why, you don't believe this duo to be superior to TPM Obi-Wan and Aayla?

What? Superior to TPM Obi-Wan and Aayla? You mean Qui-Gon and Kenobi, yah?

In any case, I'd definitely submit Aayla > Kenobi, however, Qui-Gon > Ki-Adi-Mundi. Now, the gap between Aayla and Kenobi is probably greater than the gap between Qui-Gon and Mundi (in terms of power), but not by much; although the one thing that Jinn and Kenobi had over this duo is teamwork, experience together, and coordination (which is the same thing typed three times). Which counts for a helluva' lot in terms of a tag match.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon had worked together for years, and they've done battle several times before. And while Qui-Gon isn't young, and quick - Obi-Wan makes up for that, and while Obi-Wan is inexperienced, Qui-Gon makes up for that. They are a good team. Despite all that, the TPM novels describes their offensive maneuvers as this:

"...their efforts at attack, at assuming the offensive against this dangerous adversary, were woefully inadequate."

"So they challenged the Sith Lord quickly, and just as quickly I discovered that their best efforts were not good enough to achieve an early resolution."

Clearly, nothing that either of the two could do together could stop Maul. That leads me to believe a duo that isn't as coordinated, and hasn't worked together as much won't be as successful. Which in actuality, isn't successful at all.

Plus, Ki-Adi-Mundi really isn't much of a warrior. In his younger days as a Jedi knight, when he was more martial and active - he got tooled by some thugs, IIRC (In a flashback, I think). As a master, he's just been sitting on his ass. I don't believe he'll present much of a threat to Maul. In addition, Maul was definitely able to hold Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan back, and beat the shit out of them with melee attacks:

"His agility and dexterity allowed him to keep them both at bay, constantly attacking while at the same time effectively blocking their counterattacks, relentlessly searching for an opening in their defense."

Given we know Ki-Adi isn't much of a swordsman, I don't think his defenses will be as well packed as Qui-Gon's. And if he manages to take out Mundi, he'll kill Aayla. I don't think Aayla will be able to penetrate Maul even while working with Mundi due to the fact he's a superior swordsman by far, and she has to worry about her partner.

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Sith'ari
Mundi was more of a diplomat. I'm guessing he utilises Soresu. Shaak Ti utilises Makashi. Shaak Ti's not in here. And Aayla takes up Ataru and Djem So.

darthsith19
Yeah, that's what I meant to say. embarrasment

That's true, but Mundi and Secura have worked together before, on Hypori, and their both fairly strong Jedi, surely they'd work allright together, maybe not as good as Kenobi and Jinn did, but pretty well.

Couldn't stop him quickly, anyway. But what if either Mundi or secura attacked Maul on one on and when things started to look bad for the Jedi the other Jedi took over, so they would eventually tire Maul out?

I dunno, Mundi has uses the best lightsaber to lightsaber form their is, and he did better than any other Jedi against Grievous on Hypori, even better than Shaak Ti did.

Wha-? Mundi uses Makashi, how is he not much of a swordsman? As for his defenses not being as good as Qui-Gon's, Qui-Gon uses ataru, which doesn't really have much or a defense, it's mostly all offense.

Sith'ari
Mundi uses Makasi? Where does it say this?

Advent
That's true, but Mundi and Secura have worked together before, on Hypori,

One time before, and they virtually got pwned by Grievous, despite having three other friends, including Jedi Master Shaak Ti with them. They didn't seem to fair together too well.

Come again? It says they challenged him, and basically just as quick found out they suck against him.

It took 30 seconds exactly to off Qui-Gon Jinn in direct combat, who is better than both of these combatants on a single level. And this was Qui-Gon describes directly by the TPM script as "attacking with a ferocity not seen before", and the novel also supports that Qui-Gon "found a new reserve of strength" while meditating. It's safe to assume Jinn was giving it his all, and more (impossible, but you know what I mean) - he was fighting as hard as he ever had in his life. So, I really don't see Mundi, who is less martial and less skilled than Jinn lasting too long, let alone long enough to even tire out.

Aayla, however, has a chance, but it's highly doubtful she would be able to do anything good before Mundi dies if they alternate out. We know Maul never tires throughout the entire 4 minutes and 30 second plus duel, so I can't see them tiring him out on a singular level while alternating.

But he's not the most formidable user there is. Makashi doesn't make you invincible, this can be seen by the fact that Anakin beat Dooku using Djem So. His lightsaber form really isn't important given the fact he's not close to the level of Maul in terms of saber combat.

So what? That doesn't mean he's any good. He got tooled by a few mercenaries in his Jedi Knight days when he was younger, stronger, and far more martial. Prove he uses Makashi, too.

Except there's nothing to indicate that Ki-Adi even has a good defense. If Ataru is purely offense, then there'd be no reason for Maul to need to search for an opening in both Jinn and Kenobi's defense.

Anyways, question: Quote, and source for Mundi using Makashi. I've never heard of that before, I've heard Shaak Ti, but not Mundi. Where is this said?

darthsith19
Yeah, I do have to find the source, huh? All I remember is there was this member here last winter who was only here for like a week and he proved that Mundi uses Makashi and I can't remember his sn or wheat his source was. Shall I try and find it? I have no idea where to start looking, there are so many threads!

Sith'ari
I doubt he uses Makashi. Look here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JUiVwRUJ-g), his form doesn't look anything like Makashi - wild swings.

Sith'ari
Anyway, I think you were talking about Darth Callous DS, he said that Mundi was stated to use form II in the book where Mundi is briefly Anakin's master, does anyone know which book that is?

Advent
By the way Diamond describes it, it was probably Star Wars Republic 58: The Battle of Jabiim, Part 4. He talked about Jabiim, and Obi-Wan was thought dead. That book seems right

darthsith19
But they probably fought alongside one another during while fighting battle droids, tool before they fought Grievous. And they only did so poorly against Grievous because:
1. it was Clone Wars Grievous, who's stronger than he is in ROTS
2. The Jedi were tired from fighting battle droids (they were literally panting a minute before Grievous dropped down from the ceiling).
3. Grievous caught them by surprise (who would have suspected him to drop down from the ceiling?) and
4. The Jedi were afraid of Grievous - fear worked to his advantage.

By the time the Jedi got a grip on themselves and really started fighting well it was only Shaak Ti and Ki-Adi left, and they were tired so Grievous won.

No, it says: "So they challenged the Sith Lord quickly, and just as quickly I discovered that their best efforts were not good enough to achieve an early resolution." Meaning they couldn't stop him quickly.

True, good point, but if Mundi starts to lose after like twenty seconds then Aayla can take over... but you've got a good point, it wouldn't be a very efficient strategy.

So tell me again - what makes you think Aayla will be so much more challenging to Maul than Mundi? And you don't think Maul ever gets tired during the duel? Not even a little? Just cause he doesn't show that he's tired doesn't mean that he isn't.

True, but I wouldn't go as far as to say Mundi isn't much of a swordsman, he proved himself better than K'kruck, Aayla or Shaak Ti on Hypori, so he's at least allright. I dunno about him not being close to Maul, I don't think he is but we don't got alot to go on except the cartoon.

Allright, I'll look for the proof, if you prove that he was stronger in his Jedi Knight days and provide the source where he got defeated by a few merchants.

Mundi defended himself against grievous for a while. Where does it say that Maul searched for an opening in Jinn's defence, the TPM novel?

Aight, I'll look, but with all the threads it'll be hard. I'll try, though.

I'll check on that guy.

Yes, that one and Star Wars Republic 59: Enemy Lines.

Edit: No, I don't think it was diamond bullets, I know who he is, it wasn't somebody who hung around in this section for that long, only 1-2 weeks.

Infinity
isnt the jedi council as of rots. yoda.mace.ki-adi.koon ? ki-adi is 3rd no ? dozent that mean he's better than aylla ? better than qui-gon(who in ep1 wasnt on the council) not only that but ki-adi although i dunno if this is accurate was the first jedi knight on the council.. gl messed up in ep3 when he said it hadnt been done that a jedi knight had been on the council. ki-adi uses makashi and aayla uses a twin style.. most probably ataru. i say ki-adi and aylla do this easily. wasn't aylla his padawan ?? they should be much better. considering obi.qui-gon only knew each other for 5 years.. aylla and ki-adi have more experience together than obi and qui so i think they would uber own maul.

EDIT:MIXED UP WITH SHAAK TI ..:$ WOOPS

Sith Lord Windu
from that youtube video, it looks like ki does use a form close to makashi. anyways, id give it to the duo.

jollyjim311
Maul. No doubt.

Advent
Originally posted by Infinity
isnt the jedi council as of rots. yoda.mace.ki-adi.koon ? ki-adi is 3rd no ? dozent that mean he's better than aylla ?

No. Coleman Trebor was on the Council. His ranking doesn't matter. Does that mean Coleman Trebor > Aayla Secura, too? Or better yet, any Jedi not on the Council? No.

What bullshit! Qui-Gon is better than Mundi. There's no proof Mundi is even good. Being on the Council doesn't mean you're better than any non-Council Member. For example, Anakin would beat the shit out of most Jedi Council members. Your point?

The real answer, all I have to say is: Coleman Trebor. That's proof enough being on the Council doesn't mean you're powerful. Plus, get a look at this guy:

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/7407/yarealob6.jpg

Being on Council doesn't mean you're more powerful than folks not on the Council. Try again.

Irrelevant. Who gives a shit?

1.) Who gives a shit?
2.) Ki-Adi-Mundi doesn't use Makashi. If he does, provide the source and quote for the claim. Don't just say it because it hasn't been proven.
3.) Qui-Gon used Ataru, and got tooled by Darth Maul is 30 seconds exactly. Their forms have nothing to do with this.
4.) I'll be like you: "l0l d4rth maul us3s juy0, a doub1e bl4de style". Your point?

And thus you're stating an absolute lie. If they win, it wouldn't be easy in the least bit. One of them would die. But again, that's only if they win. Which they won't. Take a look at the other posts before claiming absolute bullshit.

There's no proof Ki-Adi-Mundi is even a formidable opponent. Qui-Gon > Mundi.

No, you're making shit up. Aayla was trained by Master Tholme. T-H-O-L-M-E. I don't see how you get "Ki-Adi-Mundi" out of that.

And worked together more than Aayla and Mundi have in their entire lives, because Mundi isn't Aayla's master, and you are operating under a false premise.

1.) No, they don't. They only worked together once, and they got owned.
2.) You're making shit up.
3.) Even if they had worked together for 20 years, which they definitely didn't at all, they would not "uber own" Maul.
4.) Maul beats them.
5.) You're making shit up.
6.) No.
7.) You're making shit up.

Quinlan_Vos
NOOOOOOOO!

I though Aayla was my apprentice sad confused stick out tongue laughing

BTW, advent is right.

darthsith19
Really? Aurra Sing is good and Aayla beat Aurra Sing, which makes Aayla good and Ki-Adi proved himself to be a better fighter than Aayla is. He proved himself to be better than K'Kruhk or Shaak Ti are, too, so, according to you, their not good, huh?

What does Yarael Poof have to do with anything at all?

It has been, I just havn't found the source yet.

See above. He has proven to be a fair bit stronger than Aurra Sing, and she's above avg.

Advent
Really? Aurra Sing is good and Aayla beat Aurra Sing, which makes Aayla good and Ki-Adi proved himself to be a better fighter than Aayla is. He proved himself to be better than K'Kruhk or Shaak Ti are, too, so, according to you, their not good, huh?

How did he "prove himself" to be good? Because of the fight with Grievous? Because he lasted longer, he's better? So, are the two Jedi Knights Grievous beat the shit out of after a seemingly long fight (Grievous comics) better than Master T'Chooka because Grievous tooled him in about two seconds?

Anyways, Ki-Adi-Mundi - just like Aayla - was incapacitated by a kick from Grievous, and didn't do shit for a solid 20 seconds. At which point, he tried to call his lightsaber, and Grievous stepped on it.

This is ridiculous if you're saying he proved himself to be better by means of "lasting longer".

He sucks, just like Coleman Trebor. Being on the Council doesn't mean you're powerful, or at least, more powerful than non Council members which was the entire premise for his argument.

No, it hasn't been proven. I don't really give care if someone made the claim, or not. Find the source material, and quote or don't mention it.

If you cannot produce the proof, then it's simple: we can't say he uses Makashi, because you haven't proved it. And there's not a single source that I can find to say he uses Makashi. So, it's not proven - you cannot use it in this argument, until you provide proof.

No.

Quinlan_Vos
Maul > Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi & Qui-Gon Jinn

So is Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon > Aayla & Ki-Adi?

Qui-Gon is greater than Ki-Adi. Now is Obi-Wan > Aayla? I would say Aayla might be slightly more powerful.

However Darth Maul defeated Qui-Gon even though Qui-Gon just meditated and got his energy back. And Obi-Wan would have been killed as well if not for the ledge.

The same thing would happen to Aayla and Ki-Adi. Ki-Adi gets killed and Aayla might put a harder fight, but Aayla is slain.

Now about Makashi. In ROTS, when Ki-Adi-Mundi gets killed, you see him blocking the blasts with one hand. This could mean Makashi. And Makashi as we know is prone to blasters. Ironically, this is what could have happened to Mundi. He tried blocking the blasters with one hand (probably using Makashi) and he dies. It's just a thought though.

Quinlan_Vos
However, what I said before does provide problems.

Ki-Adi-Mundi was trained by the Dark Woman.

The Dark Woman taught Aurra Sing.

Now, if I remember the Aurra Sing vs. Aayla duel, Aurra was mostly using two hands and fighting. I deduced that she was using Ataru. If that's the case then, the Dark Woman must use Ataru. And thus, Ki-Adi-Mundi uses Ataru.

So Ki-Adi uses either Makashi or Ataru.

Advent
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos
Now about Makashi. In ROTS, when Ki-Adi-Mundi gets killed, you see him blocking the blasts with one hand. This could mean Makashi. And Makashi as we know is prone to blasters. Ironically, this is what could have happened to Mundi. He tried blocking the blasters with one hand (probably using Makashi) and he dies. It's just a thought though.

Actually, if you look before his death, while he's blocking the enemies fire (not the clones) - he uses two hands. And doesn't seem to have the least bit of trouble blocking them. And the fact of the matter is, he just was overwhelmed by the bombardment of blaster fire at close range by the seven Clone troopers. We've seen Mace Windu block blaster fire with one hand (in the arena in AOTC), does he use Makashi as well?

darthsith19
T'Chooka, is he from Obsession? Didn't Grievous get him from behind or something? Ki-Adi did betetr against grievous than Aayla did - Grievous pwnd Aayla with his foot.

Then he got another saber, fought Grievous (while Grievous was using 3 lightsabers, not just 2) and held off Grievous all by himself until the Clones got there.

How does Poof suck?

Shoudl I find it you'll be the first person I show it to.

Except the apprentice doesn't always use the same form that their master uses. Anakin didn't use the same form as Kenobi, Qui-Gon didn't use the same form as Dooku, Dooku didn't use the same form as Sidious OR Yoda. Just because the master uses Ataru doesn't mean that the student does.

Quinlan_Vos
Nevertheless, I just watched the Clone Wars fight scene between Grievous and the 5 Jedi. During, you see Ki-Adi-Mundi using one hand against the droid General. Plus, he never seemed to be using Ataru since he was using any acrobatic manuevars. In addition, he wasn't using Shii-Cho or Shien.

Advent
Plus, he never seemed to be using Ataru since he was using any acrobatic manuevars.

Neither did Qui-Gon, yet he was an Ataru master.

And during his fight with Grievous, he uses two hands constantely with powerful swings, at least, moreso than he does with one. And he's always blocking with two hands.

Quinlan_Vos
Hmm. Your point does have value. Perhaps we can agree then that Ki-Adi-Mundi uses Shien. After all, Shien does have one-handed moves.

kamikz
T'Chooka, is he from Obsession? Didn't Grievous get him from behind or something? Ki-Adi did betetr against grievous than Aayla did - Grievous pwnd Aayla with his foot.

Then he got another saber, fought Grievous (while Grievous was using 3 lightsabers, not just 2) and held off Grievous all by himself until the Clones got there.

How does Poof suck?

Shoudl I find it you'll be the first person I show it to.

Except the apprentice doesn't always use the same form that their master uses. Anakin didn't use the same form as Kenobi, Qui-Gon didn't use the same form as Dooku, Dooku didn't use the same form as Sidious OR Yoda. Just because the master uses Ataru doesn't mean that the student does.

Uh, Ki-Adi got pwned by his foot as well....

How far/close were the clones? They could be on their way during the fight Grievous had with the 5 jedi, meaning it could be a 10 seconds difference....

Meh, I doubt he could fight well with that unstable head. The source book of Epsiode 1 says he was on the council for his incredible mind trick capabilities....

Sith Lord Windu
The only reson that jedi are on the council is because thier wise and strong in the force, fighting ability may come into it but as a whole, all the jedi known to be on the council are wise (yoda, mace, obi-wan, ect) most can fight but ive now change my opion after researching my info, maul wins.

Darth Kreiger
I'm pretty sure I read that Mace was only a little better than Qui-Gon.

Ki-Adi did last against Grievous for a long time though in the Cartoon, not sure if that's exactly canon considering the vast exaggerations of power. He has to be pretty damn good, but I doubt he was better than Qui-Gon.

Aayla at the time of ROTS was a Knight(for a few years), had battle experience against Dark Jedi, and had been trained up to Knight level(I think)instead of getting it from fighting a Sith like Obi-Wan, and would likely be better, though she wouldn't go into a rage, which mixed with Maul's Over-confidence and surprise, allowed him to win against Maul.

I say Maul wins this one

kamikz
Mace and Qui-Gon was near in power in TPM, not ROTS...

We don't know how long that time is....

Darth Kreiger
Mace and Qui-Gon was near in power in TPM, not ROTS...

We don't know how long that time is....

14 years, Qui-Gon would be very old

kamikz
Lol! No, I don't mean the time between ROTS and TPM, I mean the time it took for the clone troopers to arrive to help Ki-Adi Mundi against Grievous...

Darth Scythe
People are giving Maul too much credit. This was the 'badass' who sat and wacthed Obi-Wan jump, flip, pull a lightsaber, land, THEN swing at his midsection before dying. You'd think reaction time would be better for someone trained to fight multiple Jedi at a time.

My verdict? Maul gets butt molested by Aayla and Ki-Adi's saber.

Coleman Trebor
I agree one hundred percent.

When I saw that part of the movie I was like, "wtf"? Obi-Wan ahd like five seconds of hangtime.

Darth Scythe
I know, right.

I'm no Jedi but if a mofo is going to be under me and flip to the other side, I'm gonna have the instinct to at LEAST sidestep him.

That's like watching someone wind up for a punch and standing there while they hit you in the face.

kamikz
Are you mocking his reflexes because of that? They had to kill him off someway, and that was apparently one of the ways. You can't say that they guy who dodges a laser repeater rifle without a lightsaber has bad reflexes...

Darth Scythe
lol@having to 'kill him off someway' being an excuse. It's either bad instincts or stupidity. No matter how you cut it, he STOOD there.

I don't remember the part where he dodged laser fire either.

kamikz
That was in the Darth Maul comics. And it was an excuse to kill him off, he had to die someway and Obi-Wan had to survive. If he really had that shitty reflexes then how come he toyed both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the same time?

Qui-Gon is better than Ki-Adi, Qui-Gon is better than Aayla. He loses against them at the same time though.
Obi is a little worse than both I belive, but as a team Qui-Gon and Obi are far superior to what team Ki-Adi and Aayla would have. Maul TOYED Obi and Qui-Gon as a team.

Quinlan_Vos
Really, I typically thought people underestimated Maul.

Quinlan_Vos
Besides, they couldn't make Ewan (or the stunt double) jump any quicker than that. But in the SW universe, Obi used the Force and must have jumped very fast. Fast enough to cut down Maul, who himself has good reflexes.

Council#13
No doubt Maul would win.
I must say, I would like to know where people are getting the idea that Ki-Adi-Mundi does Makashi. I'm not doubting them. I'm just wondering innocently because I've never seen.

Considereing that Mundi does do Makashi, this would make him an excellent blade-to-blade duelist. Aayla does Ataru. She is more flexible than Qui-Gon and probably in better shape than the 50 or 60 something year old man. Aayla has proven herself in her battle against Aurra Sing, and Mundi has proven himself the best (probably) of the Hypori Jedi who faced General Grievous.

Maul is an powerful fighter also. He managed to hold off Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, seperated them, then defeated them (some may argue that Obi-Wan beat Maul, but if there was no pit, Kenobi would be dead). He also defeated the poweful Black Sun group.

Mundi and Secura would give Maul a tough little fight, but in the end, Maul would overcome them.

Quinlan_Vos
Mundi uses either Ataru, Makashi, or Shien. On the previous page Advent and I discussed some of it.

Anyway, Maul wins.

Council#13
Hmmm I won't go through the trouble of reading. No offense intended, but what else was there apart from Soresou? I mean, Kit Fisto is basically the only Jedi Master who used Form I, and we know he didn't use Niman since all their users who were at Geonosis died. We also know he didn't fight with Juyo because there were VERY few practitioners, and if he had Soresou, he probably would have taken out a few more clones. Sorry, if I offended you with that, but I was just asking.

Quinlan_Vos
Well here are some notables who practice the main forms:

Shii-Cho: Kit Fisto, Cin Drallig (lightsaber instructor), and Yoda
Makashi: Dooku, Sev'rance Tann, Cin Drallig, Tyvokka, Shaak Ti
Soresu: Luminara Unduli, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Bariss Offee, Cin Drallig
Ataru: Yoda, myself, Aayla, Sidious, Tsui Choi, Cin Drallig
Shien: Anakin, Plo Koon, Luke, Cin Drallig, Vrook, Agen Kolar
Niman: Hundreds and hundreds, perhap even thousands
Juyo : Mace, Depa, Sora, Echuu-Shen Jon, Maul

Anyway, if you're asking what Ki-Adi Mundi uses, it's probably either

Shien or Makashi

And how did you offend me?

Sith'ari
Vapaad is the ultimate saber form.

Quinlan_Vos
Yeah, I guess you could say that.

darthsith19
Sidious also used Juyo, as he showed during his duel with Mace. And about Maul's reflexes being slow, Sidious jumped just as slowly at the Jedi in ROTS and still cut down Agen Kolar just as easily as Obi-Wan cut down Maul and the ROTS novel states that with Yoda and Obi-Wan gone that left "Mace Windu and Agen Kolar, two of the Order's finest swordsman, to deal with Sidious".

Quinlan_Vos

darthsith19

Council#13
Well here are some notables who practice the main forms:

Shii-Cho: Kit Fisto, Cin Drallig (lightsaber instructor), and Yoda
Makashi: Dooku, Sev'rance Tann, Cin Drallig, Tyvokka, Shaak Ti
Soresu: Luminara Unduli, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Bariss Offee, Cin Drallig
Ataru: Yoda, myself, Aayla, Sidious, Tsui Choi, Cin Drallig
Shien: Anakin, Plo Koon, Luke, Cin Drallig, Vrook, Agen Kolar
Niman: Hundreds and hundreds, perhap even thousands
Juyo : Mace, Depa, Sora, Echuu-Shen Jon, Maul

Anyway, if you're asking what Ki-Adi Mundi uses, it's probably either

Shien or Makashi

And how did you offend me?

Soresu also had thousands of users, didn't it? Anyway, I thought Drallig was a Niman dude shock

Okay smile

Didn't mean to, just making sure I didnt

Sith'ari
Pretty much everyone learns Shii-Cho as a youngling. Few master it - Kit Fisto and maybe a few others.

Niman was a very popular choice in the Golden Age of the Jedi - the diplomat's form, many people mastered it and many of its users fell at the Battle of Geonosis.

Ataru, Shien/Djem Sa and Soresu were the standard forms - many jedi mastered them.

Makashi and Juyo/Vaapad were the rare forms of the time.

Quinlan_Vos
Well as Lightsaber instructor he has to know several forms. However, he is a Niman dude and is probably responsible for teaching all the dead Jedi at Geonosis Niman.

Council#13
Not necessarily. Just because he was the chief lightsaber instructor at the time doesn't mean he taught them all Niman. Most probably learned it on their own, like Anakin and Djem So.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.