Scary Movie 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

moeman
Any of you guys pick up this DVD? I was just wondering what all special features are on it. I'll probably get it, simply because I loved the Grudge spoof in it - but I'd still like to know. Can anyone help?

Wolfie
I, of course, picked it up, SM4 being my favorite of the series.

Special Features:
- 15 Deleted and Extended Scenes with Commentary
- Bloopers
- The Man Behind the Laugh (Director - David Zucker)
- Zany, Spoof Humor - Zucker Style
- Interviewer's Worst Nightmare
- The Visual Effects of Scary Movie 4
- The Youngbloodz
- Rappers & Actors
- Feature Commentary with the Filmmakers
Walmart Bonus Disc Features:
- The Scary Truth: A Conversation with the Filmmakers of Scary Movie 3 & 4
- Scream Team: Creating Scary Movie 4's All-Star Cast
- The Improvisation of Craig Bierko

Kram3r
That's what I'll pick up. thumb down

I thought it was God awful. I think I might have chuckle once slightly when they were pretending to speak Japanese. That's it. Worst of the lot.

Impediment
I have no desire to see this movie. I'll wait for HBO when I have nothing better to watch.

Solo
Yeah, it wasn't very good.

Impediment
3 was mediocre at best. I loved the style of the Wayans Bros. in 1 and 2.

Praylu
My sentiments exactly,

C-Dic
Originally posted by Impediment
3 was mediocre at best. I loved the style of the Wayans Bros. in 1 and 2.

What "style"? Teeny bopper toilet humor?

T.M
Originally posted by C-Dic
What "style"? Teeny bopper toilet humor?

My thoughts exactly..

I hate these movies.

C-Dic
I am probably the biggest spoof fan on these forums, and I will admit that SM's 3 & 4 haven't been home runs, but they're not failures, either. In fact, I thought that "Date Movie" was better than both of them, personally. Craig Bierko was AWESOME, IMO. He's no Charlie Sheen, but he played a bumbling idiot to a T. The writing of the past 2 seemed a little recycled, and parody is a derivative genre, but I was still entertained. SM's 1 & 2 failed to do that, because it was just a bunch of gross out humor, with very little parody. The Wayans have had two great parodies in "I'm Gonna.." and "Don't Be a Menace..".

Everything else is garbage, IMO.

Wolfie
Scary Movie 1 and 2 had maybe one joke per movie that was any good. They think all you need is dicks and weed to make a funny spoof movie.

Scary Movie 3 and 4 weren't masterpieces. They were certainly above the first two, having some spoof talent on board (crew - David Zucker, cast - Leslie Nielson and Charlie Sheen). I enjoyed them both, though they're not the best spoof movies out there.

Shriek if You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th is the best horror spoof, IMO.

Impediment
The style of SM 1 & 2 is a complete 180 degree turn from 3 & 4. As much as I love Zucker's old works, he just isnt that sharp now as he was, IMO. And, yes, I love the potty-toilet humor of the frist two movies. This is me: a vulgar, foul mouthed lover of poop jokes and profanity. Say what you will, but I find scatalogical humor hilarious. Date Movie was on my DVD rack for all of 8 days before I sold it. THAT was a steaming pile of shit, IMO. What turned me off on SM3 was the fact that it's spoofing everything else as well as "scary movies". I realize that there is only so much material that one can work with these days, and some corners have to be cut. But I just didnt like the overall style of the last 2 movies. (BTW, I watched SM4 today and I thought it was "meh".)

Evil Dead
I dislike the scary movie film series with every ounce of my being.

I'm a huge parody fan. I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show, genius parody of the entire sci-fi/horror genre of the time. Airplane is my favorite comedy of all time, again, brilliant parody of an entire genre. Films like Hot Shots and Loaded Weapon are great parodies of specific films. They won't make you any smarter by watching them but they're still fun. I even like B-movie parodies like Re-Possessed......for the same reasons.

I just don't see the appeal of the Scary Movie films. Every movie should have a good plot. Comedy or not, the plot should be first with the laughs being centered around it. The Scary Movie films seem to have no real plot.....just a loose continuity from one parody scene to the next. They're more like a bunch of SNL parody skits being strung together, not a movie. Plot? none to little. Character development? absolutely not.

while I can find one or two parody skits entertaining in any of the Scary Movie films, I just don't see the appeal of people watching them as "movies".

Praylu
Originally posted by Evil Dead
I just don't see the appeal of the Scary Movie films. Every movie should have a good plot. Comedy or not, the plot should be first with the laughs being centered around it. The Scary Movie films seem to have no real plot.....just a loose continuity from one parody scene to the next. They're more like a bunch of SNL parody skits being strung together, not a movie. Plot? none to little. Character development? absolutely not.

They have been specifically produced this way (to my understanding), they're not suppose to have an actual plot as wild as it may seem. It's fair to say that no one watches a Scary Movie flick for the plot, as it is just a series of gags aimed at spoofing whatever the current hot hit film is. They're not mean to concey character complexity or deep emotion, it's simply there to offer what laughs it can in about 90 minutes, nothing to be taken serious.

RLStreets
i liked the extra scenes. bloopers were funny too

BrickedOver
Yeah, I dont watch it for a real engrossing plot. I want to laugh for the entire movie when I watch em and I practicalyl do it. It's real funny after a long hard days of work. The extra scenes were excellent also.

Impediment
I just think that if the series is going to be called "Scary Movie", then they should stick to sacry movies, and not spoof current events like that idiot Tom Cruise on the Oprah show. There are plenty of older, and better, movies out that can be spoofed other than War of the Worlds (scary??) and Saw (with Shaq and Dr. F*cking Phil, no less.)

Wolfie
Shaq and Dr. Phil, that's the joke. These guys are the most random people to have cameo in a movie. And they're a joke already to many.

Why do they have to spoof only the genre of the title? "Scary Movie" implies that the majority of it is a spoof of the horror genre. You have many spoofs making fun of Pulp Fiction and The Matrix. Should The Matrix be hands-off in all spoofs except "Sci-Fi Movie"?

Now, if the plot of Scary Movie 5 becomes a mix between RV and Poseidon, then there lies a problem. If a ship sinks in one scene of the movie, that's fine.

ladygrim
I watched it at my pals house the other day .. id say its better than the 3rd movie but still bit naff!!

DanZeke25
I love movies like Scary Movie. I loved all of them.

"I think this house is haunted. Last night I saw a face."
"Did it have a nose?"
"Yes."
"Yeah, that sounds like a face."

That was just a little part in the movie, but I was pissing myself. laughing

animelover4ever
I loved scary movie 4....don't have the dvd yet. When I went to saw it it seemed it was short. Dang I couldn't breathe I was laughing. When they made fun of the grudge it was funny. You know when the thing comes down the stairs after the girl and her boyfriend. In scary movie 4 the grudge slipped and flipped down the stairs. I couldn't stop laughing.

Lunch_Meat
I didn't see what was so "Unrated" about it, like 2 seconds of some stupid scene, another retarted Unrated one.

coolmovies
They might make SM5 soon

animelover4ever
cool...i need a good laugh sometimes...have you seen waterboy? OMg that was a good comedy.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.