New Avengers vs Astonishing X-men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2006
New Avengers:

Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast
Kitty Pryde

Draco69
What the hell happened to Echo? She friggin disappeared...

Bendis completely failed with New Avengers...

Anywho, Iron Man is going to be the main person to beat. Emma just mindwipes the rest....

Wolverine2006
Echo is Ronin isnt she?

Draco69
Yep. And she disappeared from the pages of Avengers...

Wolverine2006
I dont know I just get the graphic novels the 4th one hasnt come out yet.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Draco69
What the hell happened to Echo? She friggin disappeared...

Bendis completely failed with New Avengers... Her storyline is being addressed after the Civil War tie ins. He hasn't just forgotten, it was just sidelined by the big event.

Wolverine2006
Emma Frost cant mindwipe people...who wins

Captain_WV
just for the sake of asking why isnt wolvie with the New Avengers, is is in the roster. also you ppl understimate the New avengers, i thik they NA could take X-men no doubt.

The Pict
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Emma Frost cant mindwipe people...who wins

confused yes she can

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by The Pict
confused yes she can

... He means for the sake of this thread she isn't allowed to mindwipe.

The Pict
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
... He means for the sake of this thread she isn't allowed to mindwipe.

ah, my bad

Lucid Lui
I think he means, she's not allowed to.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Captain_WV
just for the sake of asking why isnt wolvie with the New Avengers, is is in the roster. also you ppl understimate the New avengers, i thik they NA could take X-men no doubt.

becuz Wolverine is more loyal to the X-men than the New Avengers

rotiart
Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast

Captain America would beat Beast
-Wolverine would beat Luke Cage
Iron Spiderman would beat Cyclops
-Colossus would beat both Spiderwoman and Ronin at the same time
-Iron Man would be put to sleep by Emma

In fact Emma puts the whole New Avengers team to sleep... or causes them delusions... like Cassandra Nova did to Wolverine.

Creshosk
Anybody who can't fly and doesn't have a danger sense is vulnerable to Kitty.

the flyers?

Well collosuss at least has some ammunitionsadWow it's been awhile since I got to post this pic.)

Wolverine2006
ya this is the 2nd thread I saw u post it in

The Pict
Originally posted by rotiart
Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast

In fact Emma puts the whole New Avengers team to sleep... or causes them delusions... like Cassandra Nova did to Wolverine.

Why leave out Kitty?

Draco69
Iron Man likely has mental blocks. His armour has everything but a kitchen sink. I would think Stark would be smart enough to put mental blocks in his armour.

The Pict
Iron Man likely has mental blocks. His armour has everything but a kitchen sink. I would think Stark would be smart enough to put mental blocks in his armour.

So Kitty will just phase him out of his armour

Soleran
How could she get to IM, he is much faster then Kitty.

riceroost
Originally posted by Soleran
How could she get to IM, he is much faster then Kitty. Colossus could throw her at Iron Man. Throwing Wolverine at stuff isn't always the answer after all.

xmarksthespot
Depends on how fast a (low level) cl100 can throw 110 pounds of mutant girl.

Draco69
Also depends on his aim. Iron Man won't likely be standing still. Unless he's being written by Bendis....

xmarksthespot
That too. But then again Emma Frost can basically make this The Astonishing X-Men and New Avengers minus Iron Man, vs Iron Man. Ample distraction.

Besides it's rather assumptive giving Iron Man protection from psi-attacks, and Emma recently can get around psi-blockers anyway.

A telekinetic X-Man would be far more useful than Wolverine... they should dump him...

marvelprince
Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast

I think your pairings are a bit off. I'd put them like this.

Cap beats Beast
Spider-Woman and Ronin beat Wolverine
Colossus beats Luke Cage
Spidey beats Cyclops
Iron Man beats Emma after she gets major psychic backlash trying to get into his brain

And then Tony just takes care of Peter

The Pict
Originally posted by marvelprince
I think your pairings are a bit off. I'd put them like this.

Cap beats Beast
Spider-Woman and Ronin beat Wolverine
Colossus beats Luke Cage
Spidey beats Cyclops
Iron Man beats Emma after she gets major psychic backlash trying to get into his brain

And then Tony just takes care of Peter

and someone has forgot Kitty (and Lockheed) once again

Draco69
Hell, Lockheed could probably solo the team....

The Pict
Hell, Lockheed could probably solo the team....

laughing out loud

Wolverine - "Hell I think we should make him team leader."

marvelprince
and someone has forgot Kitty (and Lockheed) once again

Oops. Sorry, forgot about her. I'd probably put Ronin up against her and I think still take down Maya but I think after Tony gets his hands free she's gonna go down. Lockhead will definitely be the toughest to go down but it the NA could get Watchdog on a loan I think the NA got this one big grin

The Pict
No one can hurt Kitty though

ExtraMision5555
This is actually a pertty good fight
i think Colossus could take cage down with moderate resistance

Iron man could cause problems for the team in general but Emma frost is a big helper for xmen in this fight, ide say im leaning towards Xmen becuase of that. couldent IM absorb any blasts cyclops threw at him? or is that wrong

marvelprince
No one can hurt Kitty though

Please. I have many an issue where she's phasing one minute and the next she's hit while she's solid or she gets distracted and loses focus. Plus I've seen her hurt by energy weapons even while intangible. She's not gonna be that much of a factor here

marvelprince
Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
This is actually a pertty good fight
i think Colossus could take cage down with moderate resistance

Iron man could cause problems for the team in general but Emma frost is a big helper for xmen in this fight, ide say im leaning towards Xmen becuase of that. couldent IM absorb any blasts cyclops threw at him? or is that wrong

Thats true. Iron Man can absorb/redirect many forms of energy plus he has repulsors that can turn back some attacks

The Pict
Originally posted by marvelprince
Please. I have many an issue where she's phasing one minute and the next she's hit while she's solid or she gets distracted and loses focus. Plus I've seen her hurt by energy weapons even while intangible. She's not gonna be that much of a factor here

Of course she will be a big factor in the fight, she can't be hurt!! just because she has lost focus before doesn't mean she will now. on top of that her concentration seems to have increased as she beat Nagasonic Teenage Warhead's reality warping powers in Astonishing X-Men#15

marvelprince
Of course she will be a big factor in the fight, she can't be hurt!! just because she has lost focus before doesn't mean she will now. on top of that her concentration seems to have increased as she beat Nagasonic Teenage Warhead's reality warping powers in Astonishing X-Men#15

If she has a history of losing focus in the past or being caught when she is solid we do have to take it into consideration here. She has a record so it will cone into effect. And I never said she won't be a factor, remember I say she can take down Ronin and maybe Luke Cage or Spider-Woman but after that I think Tony will have taken here out if she doesn't slip up and let Cap, Jess or Peter take her down first

pr1983
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
New Avengers:

Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast
Kitty Pryde

I agree with what Draco said... Iron Man is the key... if the x-men can (somehow) take him down (maybe some sort of fast-ball special with colossus throwing kitty), then they're gonna win...

Otherwise they're screwed...

riceroost
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Depends on how fast a (low level) cl100 can throw 110 pounds of mutant girl. Colossus can throw Wolverine (300 pounds) at speeds of at least escape velocity, so it shouldn't be too hard.
Also depends on his aim. Iron Man won't likely be standing still. Unless he's being written by Bendis.... Iron Man will likely be very busy. Most of the New Avengers are going to get overpowered very fast by the X-Men.

Optic blast at Cap instantly floors him for the entire fight, even if he blocks it. As soon as Cap is floored he starts a projectile assault on Iron Man.
Luke gets smeared after at the most 2 hits of Colossus.
Kitty brain grabs Ronin and sends her to la-la land.
Spider-Woman gets impaled by Wolverine less than 10 seconds into the fight.
Emma goes right after Spider-Man as his dodging proficiency can prolong this fight for some time. She plays havok with his Spider-Sense, making him dodge into Beast's attacks. Spider-Man is able to make a slight comeback, but you add Wolverine/or Kitty/or Colossus to the mix and he can't last long without a properly functioning Spider-Sense to help him evade.

After that the X-Men gang up on Tony. Emma does her best to try and overload his psi-blockers. Wolverine and Beast go on an evasive maneuvers exhibition, and Colossus starts throwing things at him at escape velocity speed. Kitty can air walk up to him (she is a ninja), piggyback on a Colossus projectile, or simply get chucked herself.

Iron Man would take out several of the X-Men. Cyclops might eventually get overwealmed, Beast gets put down after a repulsor blast, and Wolverine's healing ability gets a good workout after a few hits and an early fastball special attempt with less than stellar results, but sooner or later Kitty phases through the armor and Stark gets to fall a long way with a suddenly shut down armor. Once he hits the ground with no force field Wolverine peels open the suit and Colossus steps on whatever is left.

Captain_WV
Captain America
Iron Man
Iron Spider-man
Luke Cage
Spider-Woman
Ronin

vs.

Astonishing X-men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast

how does cage beat wolverine?

jacobo0o
iron man speed blitz emma

Grimm22
Honestly, this comes down to Kitty vs Tony.

And Kitty wins that.

Thus, X-men win

Grimm22

Nah erm

She would turn on her phormones and he wouldnt attack her.

Then again nobody on the NA besides IM can beat him erm

jacobo0o
Originally posted by Grimm22
Honestly, this comes down to Kitty vs Tony.

And Kitty wins that.

Thus, X-men win

kitty would not beat iron man
iron man wont let her get close to him

Grimm22
Originally posted by jacobo0o
kitty would not beat iron man
iron man wont let her get close to him

True erm

However, he cant hurt Kitty

All Kitty needs is to touch him and its over

xmarksthespot
Can anyone conclusively prove that Iron Man even has psi-blockers in this no prep fight? There are definitely none in the inner layers of his armour, which are apparently now housed inside him - as Emma Frost easily wound an illusion of Genosha while they reminisced about old boinking sessions in the garden.

jacobo0o
well its hard to touch someone that is 100x faster then u and can fly
well.. i guess its a draw

Innerhype
C'mon, where is Sentry. He is an Avenger right?

riceroost
Originally posted by Grimm22
Nah erm

She would turn on her phormones and he wouldnt attack her.

Then again nobody on the NA besides IM can beat him erm Wrong. Spider-Woman's phermones would not effect Colossus while he's in armored form. Just like Omega Red's Death spores would not kill him. Colossus does not need air or sustenance while in armored form.

Grimm22
Originally posted by riceroost
Wrong. Spider-Woman's phermones would not effect Colossus while he's in armored form. Just like Omega Red's Death spores would not kill him. Colossus does not need air or sustenance while in armored form.

Why wouldnt they affect him? What the f**k?

Unless we're talking about Ult. Colossus here laughing

Brian Oswald
You guys are saying Kitty would loose focues? Isin't her natural state intangible? Anyway. If IM has any electrical attacks he can get her with that. I think she can still take out a few people.

Grimm22
Nothing IM does can hurt Kitty no

What If...
IMO kitty "loses focus" because she would basically be a god if she didn't.

Walking around not being hit, and killing everything, makes for a boring comic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.