Adam and Eve

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
To the people who say they don't believe in Evolution because it makes no sense and goes against the bible:

Hypothetically two people (Adam and Eve) (let's say they're albino, because you can only go up from there) populate the whole world. From them spawn the blacks, asian, indian etc.

So, wouldn't the "albino" adam and eve had to evolve (i say this in a way not implying millions of years, much less so that just small things changed such as skin color and features) to become different?

Also, wouldn't we all have the same blood type?

Wouldn't we all be related and hereditary illness be illogical?

Brother+Sister+Sex= Disfigured child
Explain this to me^

Bloody^Pirate
1st they weren't really a brother and a sister (ok god created eve from the rib of adam but that doesnt make them to have the same blood or smt)
and besides i dont believe in that story! i dont think it really stands out..i actually believe in God and believe in Christianity (never being 100% sure though) but ithink god just created a cell or smt small and it had been developed in some wy and humans, animals and plants have been created!

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Bloody^Pirate
1st they weren't really a brother and a sister (ok god created eve from the rib of adam but that doesnt make them to have the same blood or smt)

Not brother and sister, no.... but clones! When you make a person from a single genetic source (not from two like mother and father) you would have a clone. Technically.... eek!

So they would have the same blood. Eve would be genetically identical to Adam, simply a female version...

But then again some debate exists as to whether Eve was even the first women created. Some interpretations have up to three women being created, Eve being the third, and the one that actually stays with Adam.

Alliance
Adam was a pimp alucard

Honsetly, genes are just something made up by science to try to prove evolution.

Adam and Ever were not clones, they were made from clay...like pots. Sculpted by the hand of our Lord in His image. There are no genes.

docb77
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
To the people who say they don't believe in Evolution because it makes no sense and goes against the bible:

Hypothetically two people (Adam and Eve) (let's say they're albino, because you can only go up from there) populate the whole world. From them spawn the blacks, asian, indian etc.

So, wouldn't the "albino" adam and eve had to evolve (i say this in a way not implying millions of years, much less so that just small things changed such as skin color and features) to become different?

Too tired right now to do a full post, but Everyone would only be the same if that was the end of God's work, or if there were no mutations between them and us. Not very likely.

Explain this to me^

The reason that incestous relationships produce a high percentage of congenital defects is that close family members are more likely to have the same recessive gene. If adam and eve were perfect (or pre-mutation for those bad genes), then their children would have no risk no matter how closely their genetic structure was.

As for us, It's been estimated that every human on earth has 2 or 3 recessive genes that would be fatal if not for the dominant gene masking it's expression. So thank God for genetic dominance.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
Adam was a pimp alucard

He was indeed. Turning tricks and all that.

Just like one of the Egyptian deities, he made people on a potters wheel using all natural materials.

Were Adam and Eve intended to be the end? If they hadn't eaten the fruit would they still be there now... just being? Or did God always intend for them to go out and lead to an evolving humanity?

Alliance
God controls everyhting, so he made the devil, made the devil manifest, made them eat the fruit, kicked them out, and not condemns people.

I'm picturing the Statues of Ramases II...yum. Rock.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
God controls everyhting, so he made the devil, made the devil manifest, made them eat the fruit, kicked them out, and not condemns people.

The grand manipulator... yet he manages to avoid any claim of responsibility. Except for the good things.

They were quite magnificent. And his name was Khnum. Always forget his name. Don't know why. Combing the creative flair of the potter, the fertile clay of the life giving Nile, and the sexual virility of the Ram. What a combination.

Alliance
Thats his thrid name, his Greek name was Ozymandias. Yes, there is a poem about him.

"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings. Look on my works ye mighty, and dispair."

Nellinator
The first men and women were created in Genesis 1:27. This is plural meaning God produced many of them, meaning that there was a diverse genetic pool to begin with.

mahasattva
What evidence or proof that first man and woman is adan and eve?

Christians would claim that this what Bible says so. Unfortunately statements written by a few people thousands of years ago don't prove anything. A statement in the Mahabharata (one of the Hindu holy books) says that a saint had a chariot which could fly. But does this prove that the ancient Indians invented the aeroplane? Of course it does not. The ancient Egyptian scriptures say that the god Khnum created everything out of clay which he shaped on a potters wheel. Does this prove that everything which exists is just mud? Of course it does not. A passage in the Old Testament says that a man named Balaam had a donkey which could talk. Is that conclusive proof that animals can speak? Of course it is not. Therefore, what the bible stories told of first man and woman does not prove anything at all. It is purely just a myth like any stories ever told in other religious books.

Draco69
I always thought Adam and Eve reproduced by incest.

Alliance
Originally posted by mahasattva
What evidence or proof that first man and woman is adan and eve?

Christians would claim that this what Bible says so. Unfortunately statements written by a few people thousands of years ago don't prove anything. A statement in the Mahabharata (one of the Hindu holy books) says that a saint had a chariot which could fly. But does this prove that the ancient Indians invented the aeroplane? Of course it does not. The ancient Egyptian scriptures say that the god Khnum created everything out of clay which he shaped on a potters wheel. Does this prove that everything which exists is just mud? Of course it does not. A passage in the Old Testament says that a man named Balaam had a donkey which could talk. Is that conclusive proof that animals can speak? Of course it is not. Therefore, what the bible stories told of first man and woman does not prove anything at all. It is purely just a myth like any stories ever told in other religious books.

We entertain their ideas... "what if scenarios" if you will. Just as we do with your faith. THere is a lot of depth to religion and you can argue something in the context of a religion, regardless of your beliefs.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nellinator
The first men and women were created in Genesis 1:27. This is plural meaning God produced many of them, meaning that there was a diverse genetic pool to begin with.

So we didn't really come from Adam and Eve ?

Then why did we have to suffer for thier disobedience ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Deus Venèficus
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

I always felt this was unfair myself...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Lord Urizen

Even if we did come from them I don't think we should suffer for the disobedience. Otherwise we should all be in jail for the crimes of our father, or grandfather or great grandfathers.

As to the plural of man and women - where they all in the garden of Eden? Why did we only hear about Adam and Eve? Is it being said that all these people were kicked out of the garden for the actions of Adam and Eve? Or did they never get put in the garden?

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Even if we did come from them I don't think we should suffer for the disobedience. Otherwise we should all be in jail for the crimes of our father, or grandfather or great grandfathers.

As to the plural of man and women - where they all in the garden of Eden? Why did we only hear about Adam and Eve? Is it being said that all these people were kicked out of the garden for the actions of Adam and Eve? Or did they never get put in the garden?
The other people were not in the Garden by my understanding. You can see this when Cain is sent into the land of 'Nod' (which means wandering )and is able to found an entire city. Founding an entire city can not be done with just a single generation of people. However, I hold that we are all descended from Noah as he was the only one to survive the flood. However, there was three seperate gene pools upon arriving which is extremely interesting when considering there are three major people groups in the world (Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro).

Templares
The other people were not in the Garden by my understanding. You can see this when Cain is sent into the land of 'Nod' (which means wandering )and is able to found an entire city. Founding an entire city can not be done with just a single generation of people. However, I hold that we are all descended from Noah as he was the only one to survive the flood. However, there was three seperate gene pools upon arriving which is extremely interesting when considering there are three major people groups in the world (Caucasian, Mongoloid, and Negro).

The 3 sons of Noah corresponding to the 3 major races (iirc, there's 4th race, the Australoid) . . . . cool coincidence but very misleading.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Not brother and sister, no.... but clones! When you make a person from a single genetic source (not from two like mother and father) you would have a clone. Technically.... eek!

So they would have the same blood. Eve would be genetically identical to Adam, simply a female version...

But then again some debate exists as to whether Eve was even the first women created. Some interpretations have up to three women being created, Eve being the third, and the one that actually stays with Adam.

Man wrote the book of Genisis, not God, therefore it's meaning is entirely symbolic.

Nichole
Explain this to me^

Even if Adam and Eve were brother and sister, any children that came from them, and their children's children, would only have been related very, very distantly-not close enough to cause any harm, as can happen with incest.

I don't believe the Adam and Eve story, I believe we came evolved from apes, as this is what science has managed to prove.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Nichole
Even if Adam and Eve were brother and sister, any children that came from them, and their children's children, would only have been related very, very distantly-not close enough to cause any harm, as can happen with incest.

I don't believe the Adam and Eve story, I believe we came evolved from apes, as this is what science has managed to prove.

Yes, we and Apes have a lot in common, not only physically and mentally, but genetically as well.

Christians, however will be quick to argue, "well..that's just a coincidense. God wanted people to have a best freind in the animal kingdom.....but we chose dogs instead. that's the problem ! Monkeys were meant to be man's best freind, not dogs ! "

allofyousuckkk
wait....how are brother and sister not closely related? that makes no sense

debbiejo
Adam and Eve were considered like gods without sin,.......so did gods sin and condemn the world?? They were perfect.

Regret
Originally posted by debbiejo
Adam and Eve were considered like gods without sin,.......so did gods sin and condemn the world?? They were perfect.

Lol, then how could partaking of the fruit of the tree make them like the Gods knowing good from evil? They were not considered like Gods, they also were imperfect in that they did not have the knowledge that a God would.

As for condemning the world, this is debatable in that they "condemned" the world.

It was their "sin" that made Eve capable of bearing children:

Eve was not named Eve until after they were punished. Why? Because until that point Eve was not "the mother of all living." Also:

Prior to this there is no direct mention of reproduction. It is possible that they were unable, or perhaps more accurately they were unaware of sexual relations. It is possible that we never would have existed without their "sin", from a Biblical perspective. So, without their "sin" there may not have been a "world" to condemn.

Quiero Mota

Explain this to me^

The Bible isn't always meant to be taken literally...

debbiejo
Yep, cause the story is a MYTH....

Imperial_Samura

So they didn't get a chance to choose to eat the forbidden fruit.... and they still ended up tainted by the actions of Adam and Eve?

allofyousuckkk
(I'm bumping this because I'd like to talk about it but don't want to make a new thread)

When Isaid brother+sister, i meant when Adam and Eve eventually had kids, why weren't their grandchildren deformed?(unless the "god" from South Park resmbles god, and that is what man originally lookedl ike, and now we are deformed and look like we do)(kinda like the twilight zone episode "the eye of the beholder"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.