Francis Dale "Chick" Hern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Francis Dale "Chick" Hern, the sportscaster for the Los Angeles Lakers basketball team, died today at the age of 85. He had made his way into the Sportscaster Hall of Fame and Basketball Hall of Fame, sportscasting for every Laker game for 42 years without being sick. At the end of the 42 years, "Chick" Hern broke his leg severely, and had to take a sick day for the first time in 4 decades. Shortly after returning to the mike, we fell on the front porch at home. It was discovered that he had blockage in his brain (like an artery on the heart). When he fell on the porch because of the blockage, he started gagging, and stomach acids got in his lungs (like when water goes down the wrong pipe). Also when he fell, he damaged his brain stem. They did surgery, but he never recovered conciousness or his health. He died within a few days of the brain surgery. sad

He is now with his son, who died of drug overdose, and his daughter, who died of pneumonia. He was a Christian, so he is now with God. He will be missed.

Francis Dale "Chick" Hern
1917-2002

(He died a month and 1 day after my grandfather)

Dexx
sorry to hear that man

keokiswahine
much appreciated, much missed; rest in peace.

Tex
Also Timmy from my favorite soap 'Passions' has died. He was that little midget dude who was opposite the witch Tabatha.
sad

phinney6
boo-hoo timmey and chick hearn died, I never did like the lakers but i did like chick hearn

Dexx
i never did like soaps

Palanfirith
My regrets.....

Captain REX
Stupid me, I spelled Hearn wrong. sad

Chick Hearn also had a cameo on The Simpsons.

Tex
Wait untill L.E. hears about Timmy!
She'll probably fall down dead!

mah
ahsad he was the only acceptable character in Passions

Palanfirith
Rest in peace

Tex
It's really creepy!
Apparantely he died on Monday, and also on Monday he died on the actual show.
Which was filmed over two weeks ago.
Creepy.

mah
that IS rather bizarre. of course they havent come that far with the episodes here though

Tex
Yes, 4 years behind are you? stick out tongue
It's sooo sad, he was suppose to die on the show, but he was going to come back later on.
Not anymore.

Captain REX
Timmy and Chick are probably filling out there registration to wherever they're headed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.