Sick of the uber powerful matches?I"m Givn mid lvl guys some love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So i'm sick of all the cosmics and abstracts and omnipotent threads as of late. Even sick of thor and ww and all those types. So i'm Making This thread. I'm going to pick 5 mid lvl battles and we can discuss those. I hope the mid lvl guys can get some love too. I know some of the toons are obscure, just seeing if we all know about the lower characters that I used to love to read. They actually had a chance to die in battle lol.

First match

Spiderman vs. Mr. Miracle

Second match

Red Star(Teen Titans) vs. Sunspot ( X-Force)

Third match

Thunder ( from the outsiders) vs. M ( Generation X)

Fourth match

Power Pax ( from the New Warriors) vs. Ultra boy (LOS)

Fifth Match

Artemis vs. Shi vs. Elektra vs. Zealot

nvrbeenwthagirl
lol so i guess only the guys so powerful that we can't agree on a clear winner are the ones worth debating?

Tassadar
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
lol so i guess only the guys so powerful that we can't agree on a clear winner are the ones worth debating?

No, just too many people. Limit it to fewer fights and fewer people, this is why the 3v3 rule was enacted. People dont like to think this much, and some of those characters are fairly obscure, so the casual comic reader might never have heard of them.

darthgoober
I know what you mean. The only threads that go on for more than a page or two have either the Beyonder or Superman in them. I think that the reason is because the ultra powerful guys are the one's with the most inconsistent showings on part of the writers, so there's more to argue about. But Tassadar's right, that's a lot of people for one thread. And other than Spiderman and Electra, I don't think people know much about them(at least I don't), so it's hard to come up with a winner.

Thanos_THOTU
If you want a long thread just make:
Non-canon Mxyzptlk verus non-canon (aka pre-retcon) Beyonder...

Psyquis52
So i'm sick of all the cosmics and abstracts and omnipotent threads as of late. Even sick of thor and ww and all those types. So i'm Making This thread. I'm going to pick 5 mid lvl battles and we can discuss those. I hope the mid lvl guys can get some love too. I know some of the toons are obscure, just seeing if we all know about the lower characters that I used to love to read. They actually had a chance to die in battle lol.

First match

Second match

Third match

Fourth match

Fifth Match

Artemis vs. Shi vs. Elektra vs. Zealot What a strange set...
I give the first fight to Mr Miracle more times than not.
I give the second to Sunspot.
Third goes to Thunder
Fourth to Ultra Boy
and Fifth to Elektra

darthgoober
Originally posted by Thanos_THOTU
If you want a long thread just make:
Non-canon Mxyzptlk verus non-canon (aka pre-retcon) Beyonder...

laughing out loud Yeah that would definatly go on for at least 15 pages!

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Psyquis52
What a strange set...
I give the first fight to Mr Miracle more times than not.
I give the second to Sunspot.
Third goes to Thunder
Fourth to Ultra Boy
and Fifth to Elektra

Wow people actually know these characters. At least i'm not alone smile

Psyquis52
Wow people actually know these characters. At least i'm not alone smile Some of them I'm only vaguely familiar with like:
Zealot and Power Pax
Other than those two I'm pretty familiar with the rest. wink

rotiart
First match

Don't know who mr. M. is.
Second match
don't know who red star is
Third match

don't know either character
Fourth match

don't know either character. or the team LOS
Fifth Match

don't know who artemis is... but i'd give it to zealot. on pure hotness alone... even if i didn't... grifter would come in to win the day. He's way too badass to let his wench lose.

Darth_Erebus
So i'm sick of all the cosmics and abstracts and omnipotent threads as of late. ]

Guess you became a member too late then. Last year it seemed lile all it was were street levelers. Hell, on any given day the front page of the comic vs forum never had less than 5 or 6 Wolverine vs threads.

kenobi

First match

Second match

Third match

Fourth match

Fifth Match

I would give the first match to Mr. Miracle because he always finds a way to win and escape from anything. the second match I say is a draw, they are evenly matched. The 3rd match I give to Thunder. She can give herself maximum sensity and just sit on M. In the fourth match I give it to Ultra boy who needs to get a push from DC. Powers similiar to Superman but can only use one at a time. smile

Shorty G
First match

Spidey wins.

Second match

Dont know either.

Third match

Dont know either.

Fourth match

Dont know either.

Fifth Match

Only knoe Zealot and Electra so I'm giving it to Zealot, shes a badass.

Maybe try using characters that are well known instead of ones that hardly anyone knows.

Lucid Lui
First match

Spiderman vs. Mr. MiracleI know next to nothing about Mr. Miracle, but from what i've read i'm inclined to think he wins.

Second match

Red Star(Teen Titans) vs. Sunspot ( X-Force) Leaning towards Sunspot.

Third match

Thunder ( from the outsiders) vs. M ( Generation X) M uses her TP for the wins.

Fourth match

Power Pax ( from the New Warriors) vs. Ultra boy (LOS) Ultra Boy.

Fifth Match

Artemis vs. Shi vs. Elektra vs. Zealot Zealot ftw.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Shorty G
First match

Spidey wins.

Second match

Dont know either.

Third match

Dont know either.

Fourth match

Dont know either.

Fifth Match

Only knoe Zealot and Electra so I'm giving it to Zealot, shes a badass.

Maybe try using characters that are well known instead of ones that hardly anyone knows.
Well known characters are almost always Abstracts and Dieties and Herald lvl beings like Superman and Thor. The only mid lvl characters anyone cares about are Wolverine and Captain America. I'm just trying to spice up the forums a bit :

Draco69
First Match:

Spider-Man vs. Mister Miracle

Mister Miracle is a New God. Nuff' said...

Red Star vs. Sunspot

Red Star can absorb anything Sunspot throughs at him. He's a living star...

complexbrother
First match

Spiderman vs. Mr. Miracle ... Spiderma takes this because Scott was a super escape artist but his fighting skills were ok at best.

Second match

Red Star(Teen Titans) vs. Sunspot ( X-Force) Red Star takes this (bairly) because of his ability to absorb any and all energy into himself making him even stronger.

Third match

Thunder ( from the outsiders) vs. M ( Generation X).. M wins because of her super speed, flight, and superhuman intelegence

Fourth match

Power Pax ( from the New Warriors) vs. Ultra boy (LOS) .. Power Pax can use more than 1 power at a time , he wins

Fifth Match

Artemis vs. Shi vs. Elektra vs. Zealot .. Zealot wins because she has super strength, speed, agility, and most importantly centuries of experence. she did start the order of the coda (Image comics version of the Amazons with ninja skills)

complexbrother
Originally posted by Draco69
First Match:

Spider-Man vs. Mister Miracle

Mister Miracle is a New God. Nuff' said...

Red Star vs. Sunspot

Red Star can absorb anything Sunspot throughs at him. He's a living star...

new gods is just a name. it dosn't make him a true god. like the Asgardians

Draco69
Originally posted by complexbrother
new gods is just a name. it dosn't make him a true god. like the Asgardians

A New God is LITERALLY a NEW God. His race of gods are the product of the death of the Old Gods from Mageddon.

Mister Miracle in his true form (when not compressed by the Boomtube to fit into the DCU) is about as tall as skyscraper.

Boom Tubes, antigravity weapons, and access to the Anti-Life equation makes this a complete and utter curbstomp.

nvrbeenwthagirl
A New God is LITERALLY a NEW God. His race of gods are the product of the death of the Old Gods from Mageddon.

Mister Miracle in his true form (when not compressed by the Boomtube to fit into the DCU) is about as tall as skyscraper.

Boom Tubes, antigravity weapons, and access to the Anti-Life equation makes this a complete and utter curbstomp.
I dont' think Mr. Miracle would do spidey like that. He probably would find it fun to have spidey try his best to subdue him and use webbing and stuff. They are evenly matched in strength and agility. I think Miracle might even be more agile that spidey. But spidey has more panel feats as he is the more popular character. But Miracle wouldn't use the boomtubes or the anti-life, if he has it. but he still beats spiderman. not easily but handily. Therily I say unto thee. Sorry. got caught up in the moment of rhymes.

complexbrother
but he dosen't have access to the anti life equasion. hell even Darkseid is still looking for that. and the story of them being birthed from gods were re told. the new gods anr nothing more than an long lived
(not immortal) advanced alien race.

complexbrother
Infinity Man
http://www.dcworld.it/public/DCWorld/Personaggi/Infinity%20man.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity-Man

nvrbeenwthagirl
Infinity Man
http://www.dcworld.it/public/DCWorld/Personaggi/Infinity%20man.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity-Man

Can pretty much kick anyone's ass. That is why he's never in these forums.lol

Draco69
but he dosen't have access to the anti life equasion. hell even Darkseid is still looking for that. and the story of them being birthed from gods were re told. the new gods anr nothing more than an long lived
(not immortal) advanced alien race.

Wrong on all points.

Mister Miracle (Pre-Seven Soldiers of Victory) contained the Anti-Life Equation inside him. He never told anybody. Even his wife. Darkseid's been traveling all over the place when ironically it was under his very nose...

The story of the New Gods remains. Did you read the WWIII arc in JLA? Mageddon? He killed the Old Gods. And their energy called the Godwave gave birth to the 4th World, the New Gods and metahumans. Earth got hit the hardest by the Godwave which explains why there so many people with powers on Earth.

Mister Miracle is New God with tech that rivals the Celestials and a Mother Box (i.e. plot device) that can do whatever he wants it to.

Like teleport Spider-Man into airless space...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Wrong on all points.

Mister Miracle (Pre-Seven Soldiers of Victory) contained the Anti-Life Equation inside him. He never told anybody. Even his wife. Darkseid's been traveling all over the place when ironically it was under his very nose...

The story of the New Gods remains. Did you read the WWIII arc in JLA? Mageddon? He killed the Old Gods. And their energy called the Godwave gave birth to the 4th World, the New Gods and metahumans. Earth got hit the hardest by the Godwave which explains why there so many people with powers on Earth.

Mister Miracle is New God with tech that rivals the Celestials and a Mother Box (i.e. plot device) that can do whatever he wants it to.

Like teleport Spider-Man into airless space...

Yeah, Miracle is very powerful, but I just see him and testing his skills against spiderman, since on the surface, they are so much alike. Mr. Miracle would look cooler too if he lost that damn cape. Too many dc toons have capes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.