My boyfriends mom is in the OR getting a liver transplant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
And I'm really really worried, I went over to his house this moring around 8 and she got the call to come in so I was with them until 8 pm in the hospital when they took her into the OR (the 12 hours waiting was just prepping) The surgeons said it may take from 8 to 14 hours and since she is a tiny lady the liver may be to large. I'm really really nervous and I cant sleep, I love her to death.

I dont know if anyone else has known anyone that went into a big surgory like this, but i'd really like some comforting words cry.

PS... Has anyone seen brick? Cause that Laura chick looks dead on like Irene.

JaehSkywalker
aww

Impediment
Give her all my best. Hang in there, wink

Ronny
Thanks guys embarrasment

Barker
Hope she pulls through. happy

(I assume "OR" is the Same as "ER", right?)

Ronny
Thanks Barker.

ER = Emergency Room

OR = Operating Room

Impediment
BTW, what exactly is wrong with her liver? Is it life threatening?

JaehSkywalker
uh-hmm

wishing her a successful operation...

Infinity
wish her my best

Barker
Originally posted by Ronny
Thanks Barker.

ER = Emergency Room

OR = Operating Room
Oh. Right.

I added her to my Nightly Prayers. srug

Kram3r
Hope all goes well. wink

Ronny
Originally posted by Impediment
BTW, what exactly is wrong with her liver? Is it life threatening? It was a little beat up from 40 years of drinking and smoking, shes 61 and quit in her early 50s. But it didnt really post a problem until a blood transfusion when she got Hep C

BackFire
My dad has had several surgeries on his back, nothing this major, but it's always worrying when a loved one is under the knife. Just remember that these doctors are professionals and totally know what they're doing, she'll probably be fine.

bigbran
Originally posted by BackFire
My dad has had several surgeries on his back, nothing this major, but it's always worrying when a loved one is under the knife. Just remember that these doctors are professionals and totally know what they're doing, she'll probably be fine. I like the use of "probably" in your post.

bigbran
I hope she's ok!

Ronny
My dad has had several surgeries on his back, nothing this major, but it's always worrying when a loved one is under the knife. Just remember that these doctors are professionals and totally know what they're doing, she'll probably be fine. Bah, i know, its really scary, this is the third time some one close to me has been "under the knife" One died and one lived

Alpha Centauri
Regardless of what happens, she couldn't be in better hands than those of surgeons and doctors.

-AC

Ronny
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Regardless of what happens, she couldn't be in better hands than those of surgeons and doctors.

-AC Thanks a bunch AC happy

Kongu_Dude
no expression !

JacopeX
Cant laugh at this sad

Kongu_Dude
no expression! ll

Roulette
And I'm really really worried, I went over to his house this moring around 8 and she got the call to come in so I was with them until 8 pm in the hospital when they took her into the OR (the 12 hours waiting was just prepping) The surgeons said it may take from 8 to 14 hours and since she is a tiny lady the liver may be to large. I'm really really nervous and I cant sleep, I love her to death.

I dont know if anyone else has known anyone that went into a big surgory like this, but i'd really like some comforting words cry.

sad I know it's scary hun, but you gotta remember that she's in good hands. Just keep positivehug

Kongu_Dude
Originally posted by Roulette
sad I know it's scary hun, but you gotta remember that she's in good hands. Just keep positivehug

no expression Lol! hands!

Impediment
^Shut up.

Roulette
Originally posted by Kongu_Dude
no expression Lol! hands!

o.o..errr...okay then.

Kongu_Dude
no expression lol jacopeX

Ronny
The transplant was a sucsess, they finished at around 6 this morning. Shes doing great, shes in the ICU so I cant see her until tommorow. Thanks you all happy

bloody bows1
wish her the best. i had that too i know what its like my g-ma had a liver transplant

bloody bows1
lol lil late

-Tired Hiker-
I'm glad it all worked out!

Alpha Centauri
Glad everything's ok, naturally.

-AC

Grand_Moff_Gav
My dad has had several surgeries on his back, nothing this major, but it's always worrying when a loved one is under the knife. Just remember that these doctors are professionals and totally know what they're doing, she'll probably be fine.

Weird, my dad has bad problems with his back...Originally posted by Ronny
The transplant was a sucsess, they finished at around 6 this morning. Shes doing great, shes in the ICU so I cant see her until tommorow. Thanks you all happy
Thank God it's not a British Hospital or she'd have died....honestly...thats why I go private...the NHS doesn't work...BUPA all the way!

Ronny
laughing out loud Thanks everyone.

Grand_Moff_Gav
No problem, I think in situations like that can bring the best out of people!

Roulette

Excellent!^-^ glad to hear thatsmile

Jack of Blades

May the Force Be With Her

Roulette
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
May the Force Be With Her

o.o This was a serious situation -.- not cool to say shit like that.

Jack of Blades
I dont mean anything bad.I means god luck but now everything is okay

Roulette
Oh okay...well that's alright then^-^ sorry...I thought you were being a jackarse, because I've seen someone post some jackarsey comments in here...thought you were just doin' the same.

Jack of Blades
Well im not couz there is nothing funny here

Lightningrod

I wish your boyfriends mother luck!
Good health to her!

Hey Ronny miss ya!

Roulette
Originally posted by Jack of Blades
Well im not couz there is nothing funny here

I know that now...I got no beef with you dude^-^

fini
ITs good to hear that ROnny

NOW comes the hard part, surviving transplant surgery is one thing, surviving alone is another. Everyone has to be on the lookout for infections.
My uncle got a liver transplant after a stroke, but the doctors didn't tell them about how prone he would be to infection. He died sometime later from a lung infection. I still thought it was stupid of them cause two of their children are doctors and they DID NOT know bout increased risk of infection??? BS.

SOO everyone has got to be careful, make sure she takes her meds, always have extra immuno-suppresant drugs, just in case ( thats what she has to take to prevent her body from rejecting the organ). Keep her healthy. AND I am sure you all will be damned if she goes back to drinking and smoking.

Personally I believe that people who get liver transplants cause they ****ed up their own liver, AND are then able to get a transplant, have better be VERY VERY grateful and live the rest of their lives knowing that. PEople whose livers degrade to causes not of their own, already have problems getting a transplant. So she is gonna need everyone's help to keep on the right road and make the BEST of her second chance.

BEst of Luck!!!!

Vinny Valentine

Buttsecks?

Sorry, Really Bored and have been up all night.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.