Kyo Kusanagi vs Ash Crimson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

P-Geyser
The heir of the Kusanagi Clan and past KOF champion, vs The new main character in KOF.

Here are their profiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyo_Kusanagi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ash_Crimson

In my opinion Kyo takes this fight hands down. He has knowledge in the martial arts and yes his ability to weild the crimson flames are natural.

Ash just seems to steal people's powers so that makes him look unoriginal...though I could be wrong. So who is the victor in your opinions?

shin_remy
Kyo

again SNK is replacing somebody. i really hate that, i said in one of the first threads with snk vs capcom, what i hate so much about snk even it is Gaymore these days.

i believe that it is Kyo who will win

Emperor Ashtar
Ash is stronger than kyo, it's fact.

Remulous
kyo

Emperor Ashtar
Ash beat orochi iori single handly, something kyo and shingo could not do.He also has Iori's powers.

Remulous
yea but kyos gotten alot stronger since then

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Remulous
yea but kyos gotten alot stronger since then

no he hasn't, those events I named are current. Iori transfomed into orochi Iori beat,kyo and shingo, and lost to ash.

Remulous
r u sure,how could they let their own 1st main character go down the drain like that?kyo does kinda suck as a fighter, i stiil think hes cool thoe,and in the end we all know that kyo is going 2 defeat ash,in kof the hero always wins in the end.

Emperor Ashtar
r u sure,how could they let their own 1st main character go down the drain like that?kyo does kinda suck as a fighter, i stiil think hes cool thoe,and in the end we all know that kyo is going 2 defeat ash,in kof the hero always wins in the end.

Yeah I'm sure, have you played KOF 11 yet?

Remulous
yeah, it was pretty good,although i only played at an arcade,cant find it at a store.so what happens 2 ash

Emperor Ashtar
yeah, it was pretty good,although i only played at an arcade,cant find it at a store.so what happens 2 ash

He beats Orochi Iori ,and steals his powers.

Remulous
thats it,(sigh)like i always say ive never played a kof that was bad but the story was always kind of stupid,each game is equavilent 2 a 30m episode

brainchild81
How did Ash beat O.Iori? In KOF:Another day Iori had no powers and yet Ash still fled from him

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by brainchild81
How did Ash beat O.Iori? In KOF:Another day Iori had no powers and yet Ash still fled from him

Another day is not canon.

SaTsuJiN
Hmm.. but didnt Ash take Iori's powers?... wouldnt that make Iori easy to defeat.. (plus how could he become O.Iori if ash snagged the powers)

..isnt that what you mentioned, brainchild?

and on a side note.. KoF XI doesnt look so good sad (I mean gameplay wise)

brainchild81
Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Another day is not canon. You sure? I heard it took place between KOF MI 1 & 2 That's why Iori had no flames, cuz Ash stole them. Still, how'd Ash take Iori? Do they show it?

Remulous
i liked kof XI,the master roshi rip off was funny laughing

Emperor Ashtar
You sure? I heard it took place between KOF MI 1 & 2 That's why Iori had no flames, cuz Ash stole them. Still, how'd Ash take Iori? Do they show it?

MI is a seperate universe, ash being in another day was an experiment according to falcoon.

brainchild81
Still, how'd Ash take Iori? Do they show it?

Emperor Ashtar

Well more or less, Iposted the ending.

brainchild81
Just saw it. Would be great to see the English subs. Looks like Iori beat Kyo and Shingo up & then Ash took advantage of the weakened Iori. Otherwise Ash would have likely gotten his @$$ beat.

Emperor Ashtar
Just saw it. Would be great to see the English subs. Looks like Iori beat Kyo and Shingo up & then Ash took advantage of the weakened Iori. Otherwise Ash would have likely gotten his @$$ beat.

. . . He wasn't weakened, that was Orochi Iori, that's how his stance is. stop making excusues, ash is a boss character.

shin_remy
i really don't like Ash

Remulous
any 1 no were i can see this at other than the game itsself

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by shin_remy
i really don't like Ash

Same way I really don't like kyo.

brainchild81
. . . He wasn't weakened, that was Orochi Iori, that's how his stance is. stop making excusues, ash is a boss character. Not excuses, logic. O.Iori had just beaten up Kyo and Shingo. I don't think he was "fresh". You know Japanese? Otherwise, the pictures are open to interpretation. Why didn't Ash show up before he whooped Kyo and Shingo? Probably because he likes having a pulsesmileOriginally posted by shin_remy
i really don't like Ash That's 'cause Falcoon don't know what the f**k he's doing. Worst Design Ever.

Emperor Ashtar
Not excuses, logic. O.Iori had just beaten up Kyo and Shingo. I don't think he was "fresh". You know Japanese? Otherwise, the pictures are open to interpretation. Why didn't Ash show up before he whooped Kyo and Shingo? Probably because he likes having a pulsesmile That's 'cause Falcoon don't know what the f**k he's doing. Worst Design Ever.

Fair enough, Doesn't really matter to me. KOF was done since the nest saga. Ash is no worst than Zero,K9999, and all the other crap playmore shoved down our throats.

Remulous
ash and kyo both suck

brainchild81
Kyo is SNK's posterboy 'cause he's cool. Even those who think he sucks tend to think Ash sux more.

Emperor Ashtar
Kyo is SNK's posterboy 'cause he's cool. Even those who think he sucks tend to think Ash sux more.
They say ash sucks because "H appears Gay", I dunno what someone's sexual orientation has to do with their persona, but hey. Kyo isn't cool, he'll never be cool.

P-Geyser

I agree. Though you cant really say Kyo is SNK's posterboy now because of Ash and Kof's new Saga.

Remulous
guys, they honestly dont suck. they r cool in their own special way but in a fight well after seeeing ashes ending its a draw,exept i like kyo better.

Superboy Prime
Just because Ash beat Orochi Iori does not mean he can beat Kyo. Two different styles/personalities right there. In my opinion Kyo should win, but then again Ash is the new protagonist so Kyo will most likely take the Terry path to exile.

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Just because Ash beat Orochi Iori does not mean he can beat Kyo. Two different styles/personalities right there. In my opinion Kyo should win, but then again Ash is the new protagonist so Kyo will most likely take the Terry path to exile.

Ash is the new antagonist, I think K will become the star, and hopefully kyo gets some rest.

Superboy Prime
But wasn't Ash in the hero team in one of the KOFs?

brainchild81
Just because Ash beat Orochi Iori does not mean he can beat Kyo. Two different styles/personalities right there. In my opinion Kyo should win, but then again Ash is the new protagonist so Kyo will most likely take the Terry path to exile. We don't really know the circumstances because it was in Japanese. Looks like Iori beat Kyo and Shingo up & then Ash took advantage of the weakened/tired Iori. Otherwise Ash would have likely gotten his @$$ beat. I think Kyo'd beat Ash up & that Iori would kill his fingernail paintin' @$$. Why didn't Ash show up before O.Iori whooped Kyo and Shingo? Probably because he likes having a pulsesmile A protagonist is usually a hero. We know what team he's on, but Ash's hardly a hero(He might be to a small percentage of the population though laughing )Originally posted by P-Geyser
I agree. Though you cant really say Kyo is SNK's posterboy now because of Ash and Kof's new Saga. I see what you mean. I guess you can consider him a co-star. In the 1st part you'll see 4 hands w/flame. Kyo's, Iori's, K''s & Ash's. Those 4 are the co-stars of KOF now IMO. KOF XI Promo Watch for Kyo "bashing" a certain someone near the end of the vid. smile

Emperor Ashtar
But wasn't Ash in the hero team in one of the KOFs?

Being in the hero team does mean much now a day's. maxima was in the hero team sick

Superboy Prime
I see. I am not a big follower of KOFs, so excuse my ignorance if you will.

Ash seems interesting...I just hate his design.

Emperor Ashtar
I see. I am not a big follower of KOFs, so excuse my ignorance if you will.

Ash seems interesting...I just hate his design.
His design is part of his allure, I don't see what's so bad about his design that people that see in benimaru.

SaTsuJiN
the new characters aside from the classic KoF cast .. just 'dont' fit in.. theres really no nice way to put it.. I dont know if its their character design.. background story, or the way they play.. but they dont feel part of the cast to me.. I mean its nice that they're trying to get new people in there.. but the classic characters have such large backstories, that it makes the newcomers just seem like deadbeats

anyways.. seeing how brain said ash took iori's flames.. I dont see how he couldnt do the same to kyo... Kyo = Pwned

*starts throwing teriyaki sauce on kyo* mmmm......

Emperor Ashtar
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
the new characters aside from the classic KoF cast .. just 'dont' fit in.. theres really no nice way to put it.. I dont know if its their character design.. background story, or the way they play.. but they dont feel part of the cast to me.. I mean its nice that they're trying to get new people in there.. but the classic characters have such large backstories, that it makes the newcomers just seem like deadbeats

anyways.. seeing how brain said ash took iori's flames.. I dont see how he couldnt do the same to kyo... Kyo = Pwned

Large backstories, what's so large about terry's or ryo's back story?

SaTsuJiN
Large backstories, what's so large about terry's or ryo's back story?

They've come such a long way.. you can kind of picture them going about southtown .. or chilling at one of the stages showcased in KoF (like one of King's classy bars or the railroad station in texas).. the classic characters feel alive in that way
I dont recieve that feeling from any of the newcomers at all

simple is more IMO.. you dont need some whole convoluted story about how a dead dude might be a fighting god, which is when they snag a drop of his DNA and regrow him and he goes hellbent on destroying the universe... people expect too much over-the-top crap these days and it ruins everything

Emperor Ashtar
They've come such a long way.. you can kind of picture them going about southtown .. or chilling at one of the stages showcased in KoF (like one of King's classy bars or the railroad station in texas).. the classic characters feel alive in that way
I dont recieve that feeling from any of the newcomers at all

simple is more IMO.. you dont need some whole convoluted story about how a dead dude might be a fighting god, which is when they snag a drop of his DNA and regrow him and he goes hellbent on destroying the universe... people expect too much over-the-top crap these days and it ruins everything

Yeah, I've seen some of those, reminds me of arcade flyers from sf2.

Superboy Prime
I don't really like Benimaru's design as well.

SaTsuJiN
his old outfit was overstepping it enough.. the leopard print shirt was just ... ugh...

brainchild81

*starts throwing teriyaki sauce on kyo* mmmm...... But It's about how he took them. You see that vid Ashtar posted? He waited for Iori to beat the mess outta Kyo & Shingo and THEN took Iori's flame. Very smart, but also cowardly. A fresh Iori would have equaled a fresh asswhoopin' for Ash. He knew that and that's why he waited for the right chance to strike. That's the only way he'd ever beat Kyo too, by flat out cheatin' smile Ditto on the new characters thoughOriginally posted by Superboy Prime
I don't really like Benimaru's design as well. Ditto. Men don't wear haltertops!Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
his old outfit was overstepping it enough.. the leopard print shirt was just ... ugh... laughing

Remulous
beni is actually based off polnereff of jo jos venture,and so is all his out fits.

Ryo 666
I think Ash wins.

ThoraxeRMG
Ash destroys Kyo, VERY easily.

The Cap'n

You f**kin' ate him!? eek!

If it were up to me, the manlygirl loses.

But I think we'll see Not John Cena take a backseat to Ash Ketchum.

ThoraxeRMG
his old outfit was overstepping it enough.. the leopard print shirt was just ... ugh...

For some reason I liked his old design. sick
I hated the leopard print one though.

Originally posted by The Cap'n
You f**kin' ate him!? eek!

If it were up to me, the manlygirl loses.

But I think we'll see Not John Cena take a backseat to Ash Ketchum.

What stuff you been smoking? confused

The Cap'n
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
For some reason I liked his old design. sick
I hated the leopard print one though.

What stuff you been smoking? confused

Nothing.So just keep it down.n mad

ThoraxeRMG
Nothing.So just keep it down.n mad

Damn, and I was looking to buy some too. sad

kenshirou

he didn't interested with iori anymore. so, he fled.

The Cap'n
Originally posted by kenshirou
he didn't interested with iori anymore. so, he fled.

Shows you how much balls Ash has.

none

ThoraxeRMG
Shows you how much balls Ash has.

none

So you checked to see if he HAD balls. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I didn't know you WALKED that path. confused

Sado22
Ash used the yata mirror power to seal iori's power...and then beat him.

Sado22
denis rodman says "sure they do!" big grin

kenshirou
damn... ash is very tricky.

then he will use iori's purple flames to defeat kyo. looks like he know how to use 3 sacred treasures eh?

The Cap'n
Originally posted by ThoraxeRMG
So you checked to see if he HAD balls. roll eyes (sarcastic)
I didn't know you WALKED that path. confused

Come on, everyone knows that fact. It's so bloody obvious! I need a drink.... *pulls out bottle of beer and drinks from it*. Wait, that drink sucks! *throws bottle on the floor, causing it to break*

ThoraxeRMG
Come on, everyone knows that fact. It's so bloody obvious! I need a drink.... *pulls out bottle of beer and drinks from it*. Wait, that drink sucks! *throws bottle on the floor, causing it to break*

*Kicks head*
You clean that up! How dare you waste a good drink!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.