Article comparing Superman and X-3....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Talking about budgets, profits, and whats next (sequels) for each franchise from the studio heads.

(of most important note, WB Pres. saying that Singer will make the sequel.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/columns/risky_business_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003019246

sithsaber408
*UPDATE*

That was from Hollywood Reporter, this is from the Los Angeles Times:

Horn Planning Superman Sequel for 2009
Source: Los Angeles Times August 18, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures President Alan Horn talked to the Los Angeles Times about the performance of Superman Returns and echoed director Bryan Singer's comments from Comic-Con that they are hoping for a sequel in 2009:

Horn expects "Superman Returns" to eventually gross about $400 million worldwide, more than last year's hit "Batman Begins." Nonetheless, "Superman" fell at least $100 million short of his expectations.

"I thought it was a very successful movie, but I think it should have done $500 million worldwide," Horn said. "We should have had perhaps a little more action to satisfy the young male crowd."

Still, he's betting Warner has firmly reestablished the "Superman" franchise and is planning another installment for summer 2009.

chase el
great article!! Thanx SithSaber

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by sithsaber408
*UPDATE*

That was from Hollywood Reporter, this is from the Los Angeles Times:

Horn Planning Superman Sequel for 2009
Source: Los Angeles Times August 18, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures President Alan Horn talked to the Los Angeles Times about the performance of Superman Returns and echoed director Bryan Singer's comments from Comic-Con that they are hoping for a sequel in 2009:

Horn expects "Superman Returns" to eventually gross about $400 million worldwide, more than last year's hit "Batman Begins." Nonetheless, "Superman" fell at least $100 million short of his expectations.

"I thought it was a very successful movie, but I think it should have done $500 million worldwide," Horn said. "We should have had perhaps a little more action to satisfy the young male crowd."

Still, he's betting Warner has firmly reestablished the "Superman" franchise and is planning another installment for summer 2009. This is largely industry spin. Horn is secretly thinking 'We're still heavily in the red, and there's no way in hell this is actually going to gross 400 worldwide. I'm going to fire so many people for this.'

It will be lucky to outgross Batman Begins worldwide, because at the moment it's sitting 11 million below it, and its domestic B.O. is static below 200 million. The likelihood of it making another 40 million overseas and passing 400 worldwide is very very slim.

chase el
well theyve made 357 mil at this point worldwide. so if they make another 40 mil they are right there

sithsaber408
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
This is largely industry spin. Horn is secretly thinking 'We're still heavily in the red, and there's no way in hell this is actually going to gross 400 worldwide. I'm going to fire so many people for this.'

It will be lucky to outgross Batman Begins worldwide, because at the moment it's sitting 11 million below it, and its domestic B.O. is static below 200 million. The likelihood of it making another 40 million overseas and passing 400 worldwide is very very slim. Originally posted by chase el
well theyve made 357 mil at this point worldwide. so if they make another 40 mil they are right there

As of Mon.:

Domestic: $194,278,004 53.9%
+ Foreign: $166,000,000 46.1%

= Worldwide: $360,278,004

xmarksthespot
I had already seen the 360 figure when I posted. That's why I wrote 40 million and not 43 million. At this stage in it's run 3 million is a significant amount.

chase el
umm i would say hitting 397 mil can be rounded up to 400 mil

lol laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
At this point making 3 million will probably take 3-4 weeks of box office if not moreso.

chase el
Originally posted by chase el
umm i would say hitting 397 mil can be rounded up to 400 mil

lol laughing out loud

xmarksthespot
Similar mediocre standards are the reason the movie is unlikely to make even 397 million.

chase el
soooooooo

what point are you trying to make? lol

read the "Wrath of Khan?" post by Superman41082, his last post. Talks about people bashing to to be jerks

wacko

xmarksthespot
If one loves the film they are perfectly entitled to proclaim them to be brilliant feats of cinematic wonder in gibberishy spam posts. However if one finds the film so-so at best due to various legitimate reasons they aren't entitled to post this no matter how rationally. The real world is full of diverse opinions - if it wasn't it would be a very boring place.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.