Inner Beauty..........Outer Beauty...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



debbiejo
I'm here again asking anther curious question.

What is more important to you? Is the inner person, the personality, the outlook, or the looks only....

Have I done this before.......lol confused

Anyway, I ask because people seem to judge on outer surfaces so many times. For me growing up I felt I was a little ugly ducking.
I grew up with that thought until people started telling me this was not true. Yet!!! It did make me shyer, and with that ...did that make me more approachable?....What about the loud mouth beauties?? The boasters.........Are men more attracted to those? OR do they feel they need a connection to someone more real...........not sure if I am putting this down right.......but hey..........we need a new topic...

And Deb is the creative one to do it.............lol

Victor Von Doom
Outer. Although in some porn films, inner.

debbiejo
You're a male ****!!

a male fungus looking for a rock

Victor Von Doom
Either's fine.

Deano
love everyone and you will change the world

debbiejo
Originally posted by Deano
love everyone and you will change the world Absolutely!!!

mysticpeach
I think its really important in a relationship that you are attracted to how a person looks, as well as who they are on this inside.
Sometimes you'll become attracted to a person who you didn't like before, because you got to know them. The same thing can happen with a person that you thought was very good looking, but once you got to know them you think less of them.
I think in this culture, the media strongly puts on the idea that looking a certain way is very important, and necessary for people to be attracted to you. But thats so superficial, and i think there is so much more to a person...
I think that all guys are probably different in what they are attracted to...

debbiejo
^^ you have some important things to say, IMO, but are cruisin the fence....And YES, the media has to do with shaping our perspective on what is and not beautiful/acceptable, OR NOT.....

In the Earlier ages, the heavy woman or the woman with what was to be thought of as strength was the one sought after..........

Now?? Now?? What is it.

Alliance
outer is nice for the short term, but if you wnat a relationship...inner has to be there.

Nazgulinthedark
First impressions are made mostly on outer beauty, but lasting relationships are build on the inner kind.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Alliance
outer is nice for the short term, but if you wnat a relationship...inner has to be there. And I feel the same way..

Many sayings do support this view.............


What would make a relationship last???

What would IT BE??

Lord Urizen
The point is both are important.

Outer beauty is cheapened when Inner Beauty is absent.

Inner Beauty can be inadequate when Outer Beauty is not there...

Think about it...you can think someone is the sweetest, kindest, and warmest person in the world...but if they look like vomit, how are you going to have sex with them >?

Grand_Moff_Gav
Inner Beauty is made up by ugly people...

TheKingofKINGS!
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Inner Beauty is made up by ugly people... Damn...you stole it!

KidRock
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Inner Beauty is made up by ugly people...

Haha son of a ***** beat me to it too.

they made it up to feel better about themselves.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Exactly.

mysticpeach
Originally posted by debbiejo
^^ you have some important things to say, IMO, but are cruisin the fence....And YES, the media has to do with shaping our perspective on what is and not beautiful/acceptable, OR NOT.....

In the Earlier ages, the heavy woman or the woman with what was to be thought of as strength was the one sought after..........

Now?? Now?? What is it.

I just don't think its black or white.. both the outer and inner parts of a person matter in relationships IMO.



I don't think inner beauty is just "made up"
and i guess everybody has a different definition of "ugly"

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
I'm here again asking anther curious question.

What is more important to you? Is the inner person, the personality, the outlook, or the looks only....

Have I done this before.......lol confused

Anyway, I ask because people seem to judge on outer surfaces so many times. For me growing up I felt I was a little ugly ducking.
I grew up with that thought until people started telling me this was not true. Yet!!! It did make me shyer, and with that ...did that make me more approachable?....What about the loud mouth beauties?? The boasters.........Are men more attracted to those? OR do they feel they need a connection to someone more real...........not sure if I am putting this down right.......but hey..........we need a new topic...

And Deb is the creative one to do it.............lol

Definitely the looks. Who wants to have sex with an ugly person? Not me!

Also, once you realise that your hot lady-friend is a possessive, needy, selfish b*tch, you can just kick her to the curb (girlfriend), and then find another sexy...possessive, needy, selfish b*tch.

Stir, and repeat...ad infinitum!

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Grand_Moff_Gav
Originally posted by mysticpeach
I don't think inner beauty is just "made up"
and i guess everybody has a different definition of "ugly"

Your right, that was a bad post, let me rephrase that...

Inner Beauty is a concept ugly people hide behind to make themselves feel better.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Deano
love everyone and you will change the world Debbie only did Dallas and look how much impact she had.

Nellinator
Inner. I'm not a man for hollow relationships. I fear for those that value outer beauty. When they are old, loneliness will consume them.

Darth Kreiger
Yeah, I would rather have a Semi-Hot girl that isn't a b****

WickedTexasMomA
Inner Beauty

BackFire
For just sex, only outer beauty matters.

For an actual relationship, the inner person matters just as much as their physical beauty.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Debbie only did Dallas and look how much impact she had.

I thought she did Michigan.

Oh, and the contiguous states.

xmarksthespot
You know full well I was referring to a very different Debbie... or wasn't I... shifty

debbiejo
huh

lol

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by debbiejo
lol

'legs open languorously'?

Storm
Some people always and everywhere try to be beautiful, and in the process a mirror becomes more personal to them than they are to themselves. Even the prettiest face, even the most rugged look, can be destroyed by an ugly personality. The most plain face becomes amazing when the person behind it is filled with confidence, kindness, intelligence and "joie de vivre". If you are good from within, your face reflects a mesmerizing state of goodness. If you are not, you clearly show it through your expressions. True beauty is in a voice, in the words being spoken, in actions and in choices.

To me, physical appearance is subordinate to personality.

xmarksthespot
Personality is great but really is anyone here interested in bumping uglies with someone who looks like the Elephant Man no matter how much "inner beauty" they may have?

Physical attraction is a prerequisite for the initiation of a relationship, personality is needed for maintaining one.

Soleran
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
First impressions are made mostly on outer beauty, but lasting relationships are build on the inner kind.

I'll buy that

Robtard
If it's just for a sexual/physical relationship, outer is 99.9% important. If it's for a long term relationship then it falls to roughly 65% Outer 35% Inner for me.

Has anyone here not been attracted at all to a persons physical looks and then after getting to know him/her and discovered their 'Inner Beauty' been completely attracted to the person? The only person I can think of was when Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett. Then again, the marriage didn't last long so maybe he was just a sexual powerhouse in the bedroom.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
'legs open languorously'? Kind of like lethargy?? no

Go away....

Well I feel that inner beauty lasts much much longer. It counts more.

Bardock42
I think appearance is not nearly as important as it seems. Behaviour is probably is what counts...to humans..as...humans.

Good looks can be a rather useful tool though. Besides being an illusion.

debbiejo
Yes good word.......illusion.........because beauty that is only temporary...and could change at anytime..an accident for instance.....what you are left with is What you really are.

VanillaCocaCola
What's 'hot' to one isn't to another. I've noticed that my tastes differ from my friends, and there's differ from each other's.

Usually I only find people that are good people on the inside attractive.

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes good word.......illusion.........because beauty that is only temporary...and could change at anytime..an accident for instance.....what you are left with is What you really are.

Actually I meant because it changes from society to society...

debbiejo
hmmmmmm true also. Do you mean culture to culture though??

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
hmmmmmm true also. Do you mean culture to culture though??

Yes.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Outer beauty is transient. That's why car companies come out with new models.

I follow their lead, but I come in them, rather than out.

Good day.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Outer beauty is transient. That's why car companies come out with new models.

I follow their lead, but I come in them, rather than out.

Good day.

Weird...

debbiejo
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Outer beauty is transient. That's why car companies come out with new models.

I follow their lead, but I come in them, rather than out.

Good day. Must you stay here...........

Get back on your rug in the corner and do something you're good at.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

The thinker
Outer beauty, for me is mainly for sexual attraction. If that is all you judge a person by, then you have an extreme bias, as well as being an extremely judgemental person. Iím not denying outer beauty, I would choose a sexually attractive woman to be my wife, itís only natural, but outer beauty is not the only thing that makes a person.

As far as non sexual relationships go, I donít give a shit about outer beauty.

Lord Urizen
So I take it that if a man or woman looks like vomit, but they are nice people, you would still have sex with them ?

Give me a break...

The thinker
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
So I take it that if a man or woman looks like vomit, but they are nice people, you would still have sex with them ?

Give me a break...

If you read my post, you will see that I said, as far as non sexual relationships go, I donít give a shit about outer beauty.

You are a douche!

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Debbie only did Dallas and look how much impact she had.

xmarksthespot, I'm going to begin to collect your various sayings into a compended book of modern day wisdom.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by The thinker
If you read my post, you will see that I said, as far as non sexual relationships go, I donít give a shit about outer beauty.


But as far as sexual relations go, you DO give a shit....that's my point...idiot. roll eyes (sarcastic)




Originally posted by The thinker
You are a douche!

Hey, the cleaner the p*ssy the tastier it is ! big grin

Jim Reaper
If you base a relationship solely on physicality's, it's doomed to fail. If it's just a one night stand, what the hell, personality is moot... If you are looking for a mate though, you have to have some common ground, inside, and out.

natashia
to me it is the inner person
i can see a totalty hot guy with a bad attitude and suddenly he becomes very ugly to me
and yet some one with a great personality can become very hot to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.