School Uniforms.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
what is your opinion on this? do you think that it is right to make kids wear uniforms to school or not?

Leo.M
I wear a school uniform cry ugh

It's not bad

Freshmen year: Red uniform
Sophomore year: Green uniform
Junior year: Navy blue uniform
Senior year: We get 2. 1) Black 2) White (Very sexy droolio )

§P0oONY
I've not worn a uniform in school for a year now, I quite liked wearing one, you never had to think about what to put on, I had a pretty simple uniform anyway, Black trousers, white shirt... It was alright but I much prefer not having to wear one now, simply because you feel far more superior to the years that have to wear them.

Nazgulinthedark
I've always worn a uniform. I don't mind them at all. Infact, I wish my highschool had as strict a uniform policy as my elementary school, it's more a dress-code than a uniform now.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
I've always worn a uniform. I don't mind them at all. Infact, I wish my highschool had as strict a uniform policy as my elementary school, it's more a dress-code than a uniform now.

Why do you wish it was more strict?

Nazgulinthedark

Lana
I never had to wear a uniform, but I wouldn't have cared so long as I didn't have to wear a skirt.

Anyway, I see no real problems with them.

CaptinJackLover
Ive dont have to wear unifroms. only partial ones. We just have to wear polo shirts but we can wear jeans and stuff like that.

§P0oONY
Because I liked wearing skirts, for one. And also because the uniform is "khaki pants - from any store, and a polo shirt - from any store" so even though we are technically all "uniform" in the fact we all wear khakis and polos, there is still the difference in brands, and the little logos that the different companies put on their clothes. With a uniform that comes from a single company, it's not as easy to distinguish the rich kids (who buy their clothes at Abercrombie) and the not-so-rich kids (who buy their clothes at J.C Penny).

It's much better when there are no uniforms... yes

No one actually pays any attention to anything anyone wears.

Nazgulinthedark

H. S. 6
I've had to wear one, and I wouldn't really care if I did.

§P0oONY
Maybe not at your school ermm. But there is a diversity of financial standings at mine (some kids living on food stamps, and others driving Jaguars to school) and people notice who's dressed in the expensive clothes, and who isn't. Our social hierarchy isn't made up of popular pretty girls at the top, and geeks at the bottom, it's made up of rich kids at the top (no matter their physical appearance) and poor kids at the bottom.

laughing out loud

That sucks.

I though the popular/geek thing ony happened in American teen comedies.

Lana

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Lana
Nope, it's damn normal in high schools here.

You crazy Americans... stick out tongue

jessigem
i guess i wouldn't care if i had to wear a uniform. as long as the girls don't have to wear skirts with knee socks.

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
what is your opinion on this? do you think that it is right to make kids wear uniforms to school or not? I had a strict dress code in school -- had to wear a dress or skirt everyday... but it was ok... not the best

JaehSkywalker
we wear uniforms...

navy blue skirt and white blouse with blue and red stripes on the hem.. hard to describe in english, tho, that's just about it...

and i think it sucks... erm

tho if we're in uniform, we have discounts on fare.. big grin

BackFire
I think it's stupid to force all the kids to dress the same, achieves nothing.

Thorinn
I never had to wear a uniform, but I wouldn't have cared so long as I didn't have to wear a skirt.

Anyway, I see no real problems with them. Did someone say skirt. naughty

Meh I had to wear Kahki pants, and a white callered shirt, I pulled it off cuzz I gots style. cool stick out tongue

Kram3r
I've worn a uniform every since primary school. It's not that there's anything bad about wearing them it's just that they suck because they are so restrictive. I much prefer to wear mufti clothing to school.

dr. pookie
can someone explain to me why a kid needs to be forced to wear a uniform to school in the first place?

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by BackFire
I think it's stupid to force all the kids to dress the same, achieves nothing.

it tells people if you're from the same school...

erm tho that's not always good...

LiL nAstY GirL
I actually love having to wear a uniform. It makes it so much eaiser

§P0oONY
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
I actually love having to wear a uniform. It makes it so much eaiser

That's the reason I liked them.

BackFire
Yeah, because picking out your own clothes is so damn hard.

§P0oONY
Yeah, because picking out your own clothes is so damn hard.

Nah, finding shit that's clean, is what's taxing. stick out tongue

jessigem
schools make students wear uniforms to dispromote gangs and gang violence and/or discrimination/school heirarchy. or at least that's what the teachers are trying to tell us.

JaehSkywalker
*shrug* yeah, maybe that's it...

Kosta
I hate school uniforms. Never wore mine, never gave a sh*t when I got told off for not wearing mine. Girls in school unifor though droolio

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Kosta
I hate school uniforms. Never wore mine, never gave a sh*t when I got told off for not wearing mine. Girls in school unifor though droolio

Girls wearing their own clothes is better.. yes

Larger range of sexiness.

VanillaCocaCola
Nope, it's damn normal in high schools here.

Flamboyant4Life
Never had to. Public School thumb up. But if I did have to wear one, I wouldn't. I wouldn't really care either, because who are they to tell me what I can and cannot wear? (I can understand decent dress codes so girls can't dress like sluts) It really accomplishes nothing. In my school there really is no social hierarchy. Sure there are geeks, but everyone is nice to them including jocks. A "geek" even ran for class president and won.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Kids who think a school uniform is a good thing think that because they get bullied for having a terrible fashion sence...

Rogue Jedi
i understand the whole financial class point that Naz pointed out, but i dont agree with school uniforms. it just seems that we are taking things a bit too far, making all kids look alike. naziism, anyone?
also, a kid expresses themselves through their clothes.

Grand_Moff_Gav
Uniforms hardly show Nazism, it's just a road taken by schools to promote School Pride and stamp out bulling...

Flamboyant4Life
Maybe not at your school ermm. But there is a diversity of financial standings at mine (some kids living on food stamps, and others driving Jaguars to school) and people notice who's dressed in the expensive clothes, and who isn't. Our social hierarchy isn't made up of popular pretty girls at the top, and geeks at the bottom, it's made up of rich kids at the top (no matter their physical appearance) and poor kids at the bottom. Nobody really gives a shit about that at my school.

silver_tears
I've worn a uniform my whole life, I liked it, I enjoyed waking up and knowing what to wear and never having to choose or change several times before I was satisfied.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by silver_tears
I've worn a uniform my whole life, I liked it, I enjoyed waking up and knowing what to wear and never having to choose or change several times before I was satisfied.

Worn it your whole life? Cruel parents...

silver_tears
Whole school life no expression

§P0oONY
Didn't say that though, did thou? stick out tongue

Emma718
meh, i don't have a problem with it...

Draco69
School uniforms do not lessen bullying. Anyone who believes so is kidding themselves. Actually bullying in my experience has been more prominent in private schools with uniforms than those without.

Cliques still form...

§P0oONY
Bullying is just a part of life... You can't stop it.

silver_tears

§P0oONY
clap

roll eyes (sarcastic)

RedAlertv2
I think it's stupid to force all the kids to dress the same, achieves nothing. True, why enforce something that happens anyways

JaehSkywalker
*shrug*

Grand_Moff_Gav

Hewkii_Dude
what is your opinion on this? do you think that it is right to make kids wear uniforms to school or not?

I think it is BAD not good...so i say NO, they shouldnt where uniforms.

Because I can
We wear uniforms and will and always will til we leave school. Stoopid uniforms, but i think having uniforms is better, cause you wont get as easily singled out. You wont get judged by your clothes unless you have a free dress day... meh

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Yup, the geeks love the attention really!

laughing out loud

It's their favourite past time.

fini
WE have uniforms from kindergarden to high school. I dont see the problem with it.
Argh it was a ***** having to choose something to wear in the morning when at university. But then again, by the second month, everyone is science and engineering faculties go to the uniform of t-shirts, jeans and slippers.

Uniforms are ok, help identify students from a school, U know who is cutting school.

But some students, although , they dont have to take forever to dress, still an enormous time to fix their hair, its ridculous. Before a class ends, some of my students are out with a mirror and comb, fixing their perfect hair, and not paying attention. But thats their problem, when they dont pass anything cause they only paying attention to frivolous stuff deserves what they get.

Nichole

Uniforms are important.

Some schools allow their students to leave the grounds during lunch hours, to get lunch elsewhere. If one of these students was, say, hit by a car, it would be fairly easy to indentify them, police would know what school they go to, and can easily check with reception and find which student/s were out of school grounds at that time.

Uniforms are dull, and I hated wearing them, but it's only while you are at school-after that, you can throw them away, burn them, whatever you like. wink

CherryPop
I hated my uniform or the half of the school year that I wore it.

It was a black skirt and a white polo shirt with our schools name stitched on it.

But I think it's important. that way the kids won't tease as much.

Quincy Archer
I feel the same as the Philosopher George Carlin:

"Here's another bunch of ignorant shit: school uniforms. Bad theory. The idea that if kids wear uniforms to school it helps keep order. Don't these schools do enough damage makin' all these kids think alike? Now they're gonna get 'em to look alike, too? And it's not a new idea, I first saw it in old news reels from the 1930's but it was hard to understand because the narration was in German."

Rogue Jedi
i just think that if you force a kid to conform and wear a uniform, they will not be able to express themselves and will have problems later on in life.

§P0oONY
i just think that if you force a kid to conform and wear a uniform, they will not be able to express themselves and will have problems later on in life.

Bullshit, kid's can express themselves fine wearing uniform, it's nothing to do with suppressing a child, it's just to lessen exclusion within the social side of school.

H. S. 6

That's pretty laughable, considering the amount of schools that have uniforms. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
I don't think School Uniforms should be in place. I think everyone has the right to dress the way they want.

Nichole
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't think School Uniforms should be in place. I think everyone has the right to dress the way they want.

They do-outside of school hours.

Strangelove
what is your opinion on this? do you think that it is right to make kids wear uniforms to school or not? I went to public school!!! Hahaha! So no uniform.

The basis for school uniforms is that too many kids break the 'dress code' and that people get made fun of for wearing certain brands of clothes. Both arguments are ridiculous. The amount of students who break the dress code is negligible, and if people are all dressed the same, then people will make fun of others for worse things, like religion or race.

Private schools have uniforms so there is an attitude of professionalism, and I don't have huge problem with that.

Punkyhermy
i liked my uniform when I went to private school. I wore maryjane shoes, skirt an oxford shirt and a green tie. big grin

Mr. Bacon
public school, no uniforms, it hink its at the discretion fo the school

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.