EXCLUSIVE!: Kevin Smith says......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
If you like Wolverine.... you're GAY!

stick out tongue

He really did say that...... I was at Clerks 2 tonight as part of the Edinburgh Film Festival (At fountainbridge for any of you locals who know the area) and Kevin Smith was there to introduce the film and do a Q & A afterwards, he compared the anti-mutant feeling in the X-Films to anti-gay feelings in our world... then he clearly said:

"If you like Wolverine.... you're gay!"

The man's a genius .... stick out tongue

He also said he will not be making any comic book movies.... so you can all axe that idea that he'll be directing a Green Lantern movie

A lot of people, some who were with me, recorded the Q & A on their mobile phones.... they assured me that they will be putting the video onto the Internet relatively soon.... so you will all be able to hear it for yourself!

big grin

Skeets
Don't you like Wolverine?...ermm

Scoobless
no expression

Dinalfos
Well, Keven Smith is an ass tard. That explains it. He also likes Superman.

Scoobless
Well he certainly didn't like Superman Returns.... he used multiple profanities while mentioning it

Draco69
That's because he want to cast Nicholas Cage as Superman...I'm really telling the truth.

Lucid Lui
Well, i'm glad that didn't happen.

NoFate007
Kevin Smith wasn't the one that wanted to cast Cage, if memory serves.

Plus he's right: Comparing the anti-mutant ideas in the films with anti-homosexual ideas in real life, literally speaking, "if you like Wolverine, you're gay". Not meaning "you suck if you like that character" lol.

Scoobless
Originally posted by NoFate007
Kevin Smith wasn't the one that wanted to cast Cage, if memory serves.

Plus he's right: Comparing the anti-mutant ideas in the films with anti-homosexual ideas in real life, literally speaking, "if you like Wolverine, you're gay". Not meaning "you suck if you like that character" lol.

But he did go on to make jokes about those people "snikting" each other... smile

Darth Vicious
At the end of the day he is just another gay,I mean guy and thats his opinion. I love all his movies and I think he is pretty cool but he aint Stan Lee, his forte is movies and just because he doesnt like Wolverine the rest of us will take it as a rule not to like Wolvie and think of him as gay specially when he uses so many gay/dick jokes/humor in his movies which to me it makes me think that deep inside in his minds he has wondered about experiencing all said dick/gay jokes or like Banky said "Maybe he just need some deep dicking in him".

long pig
He also said once before (SERIOUSLY) that if you like Superman, you're a pedophile. He reckons it because of how innocent and naive Clark is, which is what you were attracted to him in the first place.

Smith said Spiderman is a good comic because he's what every kid feels like i.e abandoned, missunderstood yada. And Surfer is what every kids wants to feel like i.e invincible.

On his blog he's said WW is for dragqueens, Captain A is for people like Bush (Which makes no sense seeing Cap doesn't do what he's told, he does what's right.)

He said Strange is a thinking man's hero or a total outcast hermit.

Dinkus Mayhem
I thought Wolverine was a jobber before Kevin Smith said it, I must be a trend setter. cool

stick out tongue

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless

A lot of people, some who were with me, recorded the Q & A on their mobile phones.... they assured me that they will be putting the video onto the Internet relatively soon.... so you will all be able to hear it for yourself!

big grin

Awww man , do you KNOW how bad phone footage is.Jeez it's like looking through a mirror that's been covered in dust , grime and filth before being blurred a few thousand times. Plus the audio sucks.

Although on the plus side this sounds very much like the case when Rob Zombie shouted to his fans that they were all Emo *******...

Scoobless
laughing out loud

Ok... he obviously wasn't just bashing Wolverine, he was making the point that if you can accept and like mutants for what they are... then why would you have a problem with anyone that's different from you in real life... such as the gay community

Basically the exact same thing Stan Lee & Co were saying back when they created the X-Men... (except they used the example of racism and the civil rights movement)

smile

who?-kid
Seriously, who gives a hoot about what Kevin Smith has to say about Wolverine ? I don't. He's just a guy with his own opinion, like everybody else.

Wolverine is a cool characters, but writers and fan boys make him loose his credibility.

But basically he's still a cool character, Kevin Smith or no Kevin Smith.

Gregory
Kevin Smith named his daughter after a Batman villain. I don't see why anyone should have to take any shit from someone like that.

Scoobless
What did he name her? ..... Clayface?

no expression

Gregory
Harley Quinn.

Darth Vicious
What did he name her? ..... Clayface?

no expression

laughing eek! laughing

Scoobless
Originally posted by Gregory
Harley Quinn.

I have a friend who named his daughter Mara Jade after a character from the Star Wars novels ... both he and his wife are really into those books (I've read a few myself.... they're very not bad)

smile

Black Adam
I have a friend who named his daughter Mara Jade after a character from the Star Wars novels ... both he and his wife are really into those books (I've read a few myself.... they're very not bad)

smile

Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda.

He really likes video games.

Scoobless
I think if I ever have twins I'll name them Ego & Mogo

Darth Vicious
Nicholas Cage named his son Kal-El. Imnot gonna make fun of them because if I ever have a girl Ill probably name her Eowyn.

Lucid Lui
My son is going to hate me.

I'm naming him Batman.

It's gonna be great.

Gregory
All these children are going to get the shit beaten out of them. What the hell is wrong with people?

Dinkus Mayhem
People = Stupid, this is nothing new. stick out tongue

who?-kid
People should think before they give their children a name.

Shorty G
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
At the end of the day he is just another gay,I mean guy and thats his opinion. I love all his movies and I think he is pretty cool but he aint Stan Lee, his forte is movies and just because he doesnt like Wolverine the rest of us will take it as a rule not to like Wolvie and think of him as gay specially when he uses so many gay/dick jokes/humor in his movies which to me it makes me think that deep inside in his minds he has wondered about experiencing all said dick/gay jokes or like Banky said "Maybe he just need some deep dicking in him". Worlverine fan...... confused

Scoobless
Maybe just a repressed homosexual..... shock

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.