What if You Were Wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nellinator
I was wondering what you would all do if (and remember this is hypothetical):
1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Christians ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the God of Bible facing judgement.

Darth Kreiger
I would accept God's existence, and if that couldn't happen, be happily blinked from existence

Templares
1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Muslims ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the God of the Koran facing judgement.

1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Pastafarians ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the Flying Spaghetti Monster facing judgement.

1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the facing judgement.

. . . . i just say all religions suck cool.

Shakyamunison

Nellinator
Originally posted by Templares
1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Muslims ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the God of the Koran facing judgement.

1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Pastafarians ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the Flying Spaghetti Monster facing judgement.

1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true ascended to heaven.
2. You died and stood before the facing judgement.

. . . . i just say all religions suck cool.
1. I think my good deeds outweigh my bad (at least I hope so) so I would be fine.
2. I would eat him.
3. No comment because I have basis on which to do so.

You never answered the question.

Nellinator

Darth Kreiger
Yum, space Aliens, that would suck, mainly because with their Advancements, them being superior to us, they would be God's Image, not us

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
I would give the aliens the good news of Jesus. Now that the question has crossed your mind could you please answer it?

I don't know. It is a silly question to me. Kind of like what if the sky turned green tomorrow? I am not afraid of what would happen to me.

Back to my question: wouldn't it put doubt in your mind?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
I would accept God's existence....

But that would be after-the-fact, which means too late.

Templares
Me: "Hey God, youre religion SUCKED."

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
But that would be after-the-fact, which means too late.

Read the rest of my post, I'm happy with being non-existent

Nellinator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I don't know. It is a silly question to me. Kind of like what if the sky turned green tomorrow? I am not afraid of what would happen to me.

Back to my question: wouldn't it put doubt in your mind?
I actually once believed in aliens and have definitely thought about how it would affect my faith if they were real. And I realized it wouldn't because the existence of aliens does not contradict God's Word.

Darth Kreiger
I actually once believed in aliens and have definitely thought about how it would affect my faith if they were real. And I realized it wouldn't because the existence of aliens does not contradict God's Word.
Yes it sortive does, if they have the ability to move around in space, and are more advanced than us, then they are more perfect than Humans, therefore more like God

Nellinator
Technology and intelligence does not equal anything close to perfection. Perfection is a matter of actions and wisdom. If the aliens were more evil and unwise than mankind I would say that they are far less perfect. There is no contradiction to God's word.

Jim Reaper

xmarksthespot
I would give the aliens the good news of Jesus. Interesting that you think if a sentient alien race with the technology for interstellar travel, and likely the correspondingly advanced destructive technologies, accompanied by the enlightenment to come to other planets in peace rather than simply conquer them; as humans probably would given the same technological superiority, were to come to Earth they should submit to your human ego-serving religion.

Alfheim
1. The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Christians ascended to heaven.

Get a grip and leave us alone.

Bardock42

If your God would exist I wouldn't be able to do anything anyways, so why worry.

Lord Urizen
I would give the aliens the good news of Jesus. Now that the question has crossed your mind could you please answer it?

If they are a peaceful race, then they wouldn't need the "good news of Jesus"

The "Good News of Jesus" has been cause for much suffering and conflict in this world. I think they'd decline.

Lord Urizen
Technology and intelligence does not equal anything close to perfection. Perfection is a matter of actions and wisdom. If the aliens were more evil and unwise than mankind I would say that they are far less perfect. There is no contradiction to God's word.

"Perfection" doesn't exist. wink

Lord Urizen

1) I'd steal all thier stuff.

2) I'd curse out God, and then probably end up in Hell.

Does that answer your question ?

Regret

DigiMark007
If I was before a God who had created a Hell for people, I'd ask to be sent there. I'd ackowledge that he existed, then try and rationally discuss with him the absurdity of using his power to damn anyone for eternity. Then I'd go to Hell and attempt to enjoy it by becoming enlightened just to spite God.

debbiejo
If I were wrong....I would admit it...

I do this kind of thing.........I'm not full of pride.

Then I would beg a whole bunch

Darth Kreiger
After being sent to Hell, I would devote the Eternity to getting myself blinked from existence, and if I found a way to do it, so could many others, and God would have to start all over

debbiejo
But what is hell? That we should fear it........

Besides, a rapture type thing is taught in many other beliefs also.......But quite different from the Christian belief (people vanishing)...

Also a (secret) rapture is not taught in scripture, only the 2nd coming...

Imperial_Samura

1st. I'd be more then man enough to admit I was wrong, and I would accept my punishment for my actions, though I would not beg to be saved, as I would think I would have had good reason for my stance that led me to damnation. In fact I go about my life until the earth finally ends or whatever happens to those "left behind"

2. Once again I'd be man enough to look God in the white light and say "Well, It appears I was wrong." Then I would engage him in debate. He can damn me if he wishes, but I will go to hell satisfied I lived a good life and stayed true to myself. And I suspect I would laugh and wonder at the nature of things as I burn, just to spite him. Making sure I cry out once a day "So, this is your victory eh God? Ha!"

Alternativly I will find that God is actually likable and has had his name perveted by humans and isn't such a draconian, unjust and unfair being as has been made out. Then I would apoligise for doubting him, and accept the judgement.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Alternativly I will find that God is actually likable and has had his name perveted by humans and isn't such a draconian, unjust and unfair being as has been made out. Then I would apoligise for doubting him, and accept the judgement.
I think this is the most honest answer and accurate answer given so far.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Regret
I believe people should be open minded. If God doesn't accept good people regardless of the belief system they prescribed to then he isn't worth caring about.

If their race had never had contact from God I would have to believe that God probably does not exist. Because an intelligent race would be children of God as well. If they had never had some divine communication then I would have to say that God didn't care about them, and given that, I would not care if he existed or not, he wouldn't be worth worshipping. Now, the term never is a very restricting word, a history of these people and a probing for possible attempts by God to communicate would be necessary to prove that they had never had the chance to have that communication.

Damn Regret....

You're a lot more logical than I ever imagined.

Good Job thumb up

Alliance
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Damn Regret....

Good Job thumb up

he he... a little late to the coffee, eh?

Regret
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Damn Regret....

Good Job thumb up

Thanks big grin

Mindship
I was wondering what you would all do if...The rapture took place and you were left behind while all true Christians ascended to heaven.

I'd leap to grab the feet of the nearest ascending Christian and hang on.

Regret

I was considering this, and I have a question for these supposed Christians:

1. The rapture took place and all the people you believed were true Christians did not ascend to heaven, but the Buddhist next door, the Taoist down the street, and the atheist at the university all ascended.

Storm

crazy

Let me ask you the same question, what if proof came out that the Bible are just the words of man and have nothing to do with god. How would you feel? Hypothetical of course.

Now to answer your question, I would tell God what I thought of him and he could punish me to whatever he liked, but I would not admit to him that he was a fair god and hope that I would stick to by my beliefs.(I am talking about the Christian god of course, not God in general)

Nellinator
Originally posted by crazy
Let me ask you the same question, what if proof came out that the Bible are just the words of man and have nothing to do with god. How would you feel? Hypothetical of course.

Now to answer your question, I would tell God what I thought of him and he could punish me to whatever he liked, but I would not admit to him that he was a fair god and hope that I would stick to by my beliefs.(I am talking about the Christian god of course, not God in general)
Probably give up all for humanity, but I wouldn't change my lifestyle.

Nellinator
Originally posted by crazy

Probably give up all for humanity, but I wouldn't change my lifestyle.

Alliance
A simple answer that says how shortsighted about your religion you are.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.