Mel Gibson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nichole
This may seem a stupid question, but it had me thinking.

When Mel Gibson was arrested for DUI, he shouted a lot of hateful comments about Jews, one being 'Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world today'. I don't get this comment. Wasn't Jesus a Jew? If Gibson worships Jesus, why would he hate the followers of his religion, and blame them for the wars? confused

Soleran
moron

Lord Urizen
Mel Gibson's a has-been.

Gregory
Jesus was a Jew, yes. Are you asking about the roots of anti-Semitism? There's a Biblical basis for it; "Let it be upon our heads, and the heads of our children," or something like that.

Mindship
Originally posted by Nichole

When Mel Gibson was arrested for DUI, he shouted a lot of hateful comments about Jews, one being 'Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world today'. I don't get this comment. Wasn't Jesus a Jew? If Gibson worships Jesus, why would he hate the followers of his religion, and blame them for the wars? confused

Gibson comes from nutty upbringing; his father, I understand, either trivializes or completely denies that the Holocaust ever happened, for example. I don't even think they liked Pope John.

That aside...

It's not a stupid question at all: it is pointing out the obvious that Christian antiSemitism has chosen to ignore or rationalize away for the last 2000 years. Jesus didn't even found Christianity; he was a devout Jew who criticized the deadness of spirit and hypocrisy in organized religion much as many people do today.

Christian antiSemitism has always been, IMO, one of the most mysterious proofs of God's sense of humor.

Alliance
Gibson is part of a radical Vatican I church, he's a religious lunatic...a zealot. Similar to Bin Laden and the like. osama

debbiejo

When Mel Gibson was arrested for DUI, he shouted a lot of hateful comments about Jews, one being 'Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world today'. I don't get this comment. Wasn't Jesus a Jew? If Gibson worships Jesus, why would he hate the followers of his religion, and blame them for the wars? confused Jew haters.

My grandmother who was a Roman Catholic always called the Jews "Christ Killers."

They've been thought of like this throught history.

Bloody^Pirate
well they were...weren't they the ones who killed Jesus supposedly?

debbiejo
Yes they were. Though many thought it was the Romas who did it, and yet they did, but with the permission of the Jews.........And that is IF the story is true............hmm

Nichole
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Mel Gibson's a has-been.

I prefer racist homophobe, myself.

Hollywood is too forgiving.

Nellinator
I never understood anti-Semitism amongst Christians. Especially, when the Bible teaches to not to judge by one's appearance. We must evaluate each person according to their actions and motives.

Nichole
Originally posted by Nellinator
I never understood anti-Semitism amongst Christians. Especially, when the Bible teaches to not to judge by one's appearance. We must evaluate each person according to their actions and motives.

Great post! smile

Impediment
This is one of the reasons why I'm an atheist.

badabing
I think that Anti-Semitism is now only found in the most extreme Christian Churches. I went to Catholic school for 12 years and we were never exposed to Anti-Semitic remarks.

Imperial_Samura

I never thought I would see a Mel Gibson thread in the religion forum. Yeah. So, what about them Nicks?

meep-meep
I prefer racist homophobe, myself.

Hollywood is too forgiving.

..and not in the good way.

Nichole
Originally posted by meep-meep
..and not in the good way.

I'd agree with that.

Darth Jello
Vatican II declared antisemitism a mortal sin. It hasn't stopped mother****ers like William Donahue of the Catholic League though.

Alliance
Arent they Vatican I?

Darth Jello
they're idiots

Alliance
Very true.

Nichole
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Vatican II declared antisemitism a mortal sin. It hasn't stopped mother****ers like William Donahue of the Catholic League though.

This I did not know.

Alliance
It actually amazes me how many problems Vatican II has fixed, despite how many problems there still are.

Nogoodnamesleft
I think that the general belief among white people is that Jesus was just the Jews' boss and that he wasn't actually Jewish himself.

finti
so you take it for granted that all white people actually belive in these tales about this jesus dude

Alliance
Originally posted by Nogoodnamesleft
I think that the general belief among white people is that Jesus was just the Jews' boss and that he wasn't actually Jewish himself.

Thats funny, because the only people I've known who think that would no Christianity if I beat them over the head with an osmotic bible.

Jesus was a single, unmarried, 30 year old man, living at home, in his father's business, and his mother thought he was god's gift....

HE WAS JEWISH.

Jim Reaper
Mel is crazy, but he ruled in "Road Warrior."

Alliance
This thread needs to die.

JesusIsAlive

Jesus said that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Those things must have been in Mel Gibson's heart lying dormant. But God is a God of forgiveness. If Mel Gibson repents and turns to Jesus Christ (if he is not already a follower of Jesus Christ) the Lord will forgive him.

Alliance
Hes not a follower according to you...he's like Vatican0

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.