Temptation: Jack and the Apple

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

katelovespirate
Im back in orientation for Uni, so i dont have much time to be on here....
but i was at a meeting yesterday and found my mind wandering and came up with another crazy theory.

We all know apples have always stood for temptation, forbidden fruit, orginal sin, that sort of thing.
I was noticing how infequently we see these characters eat. Wierd, right?
WELL... the FIRST time we see Jack eat is when he TAKES A BITE OF AN APPLE in one. He is sorting through a bowl of apples, talking about his ship... and then takes a bite of an apple. Barbossa angrily throws the apple over the side/forces Liz to walk the plank...
When do we see Liz eat? With a pirate, where she is OFFERED an apple by Barbossa.
(Does Will ever have a scene involving apples? NOPE&gtwink

What I mean is, the apple stands for temptation, the forbidden fruit of Jack and Liz's relationship. We don't see apples again till the end of 2, AFTER Jack and Liz's relationship has reached a climax.

Make sense? haha. I just thought it was interesting...

jessigem
but then again, i don't think so. because barbossa was always there with them while they were eating apples, in fact, it was on his ship that they were eating the apples. so that means barbossa is one of two things:
1.) God- since he provided the apples.
or 2.) part of a threesome- since he eats apples all the time, that means that him, liz, and jack are the apple-eating trio.
~actually, did liz ever eat an apple? she was offered an apple twice in the first movie, but she never ate it.
~and since barbossa eats SO MANY apples, does that mean that he has a lot of sins and is representing them with apples?
hmm....i wonder.

ivebeendepped43
hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm

willofthewisp
Ah, Barbosa and his apples. I think he just must be well known for liking them so much. Jack knows the pirates don't taste anything when they eat and he takes that apple and just kind of savors it, all for the purpose of pissing Barbosa off, rubbing it in his face, kind of.
And for Liz refusing it, he could have offered her any kind of food, but he just said he was going to spill her blood and she tried to escape. She wouldn't have taken a triple fudge cheesecake either.

willofthewisp
I think Barbosa is just well known for liking apples so much. Jack takes a bite from one because he knows the pirates can't taste anything. It's to piss Barbosa off, rub it in his face. "You marooned me and tried to ruin my life, but hey, I can savor this apple and you can't."
Liz was trying to escape when he offered her an apple. He could have offered her a double fudge cheesecake and she still would have stabbed him instead. He had just told her they planned to kill her.

jessigem
and he said "apple" in a creepy evil kind of way

willofthewisp
Other than the last part of DMC when we see him eating the apple, is anyone else seen eating at all?

jessigem
uhh, no, actually. they should've died of fatigue by now. no expression
oh wait. doesn't jack eat the toe?

ivebeendepped43
kinda, he gives it a nibble.but then he spits it out.hhhmmmm,i dont think so, just getting drunk.

willofthewisp
Ew, I forgot about that. They could have cut the island scene just a little.

jessigem
yeah. but you have to admit, almost that whole island scene was funny.

ivebeendepped43
oh yeah!"say say lom, shup shup shom,smamy lom mashuku, savvy?"that is like the besr line besides "Lom peeky peeky, lom eensie weensie" or "lom say say, eunuch-e,snip snip"

jessigem
or "bugger"

ivebeendepped43
bugger lol.

ivebeendepped43
but i meant the funniest of the Cannibal language

jessigem
yeah. that was pretty much ALL of the cannibal language

ivebeendepped43
not even close. theres at least a couple more lines

jessigem
oh. i have no memory retention for foreign non-existent languages.

ivebeendepped43
ive just watched that clip too many times

jessigem
i've only seen the movie twice and i havn't seen any clips. no expression
i figure i'd better not watch anything too much or else i might get tired of it before the dvd comes out. sad

hey i just thought of something.
Do you think maybe the fact that the apple is always green is something that's important? like maybe it has to be the sour apple for some reason. because green apples are sour.

ivebeendepped43
i really have no clue wat u guys r taling bout so........Johnny!

Jcksparrows
I think Barbossa just likes the sour green apples the bestest. big grin

CaptinJackLover
Originally posted by ivebeendepped43
i really have no clue wat u guys r taling bout so........Johnny!

I just LOVE Johnny...dont you?! He is perfect in every way! big grin

willofthewisp
What kind of apples does everyone like best? Oh, yeah, Johnny totally rocks.

I like red delicious. love

CaptinJackLover
i like green better big grin. the red are kinda blah tasting...

katelovespirate
granny smith apples are best. smile And Caramel apples. YUM!!!

CaptinJackLover
mmm caremel apple are DELICIOUS! yummy in my tummy! big grin

LovelyOne
Tis an interesting theory katelovespirate smile

willofthewisp
yes, and it's creative, too. It's not the first time an apple has represented temptation and sin, but yet the rest of us didn't bring it up. Score one for Kate.

Chiki Mina
woot woot go kate

*jcd*gmc*
I like green apples best stick out tongue

Chiki Mina
me too! i i just wih i was the apple jack was bitting on smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.