What Disney Wants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Chiki Mina
Hi im new here and ive been wanting to add a theory here of my own for some time but never had the guts. Im sorry that it took long but ive been thinking alot and my fingers are just itching to type these words that are in my head lol. so heres my first try...

Ok well first of all im not a BIG FAN of-as in an obsessive way of will liz or jack liz. Though in the first movie at the beginning i was like 'oo perfect couple, will and liz how cute.' And of course right about the island when jack and liz got stranded it didnt even gave me a suspision that liz had the hots for him. I just thought it was one of those moments when u want to mess around lol. So never gave a second thought really...SO anyways skipping a bit here. At the end in jacks hanging when liz fainted i asked myself was liz helping jack or will or both. Whoever it was for well we all know that at the end she declared her love to will and they kiss and i supported them as in like yay u know its disney!! happily ever after kinda thing. Never crossed my mind that jack and liz crossed the line of friendship..though i knew that they formed some kind of bond.

SO!When i watched DMC and when i saw all those liz and jack moments strangely i wasnt complaining. What I mean is like saying "no liz ur with will" or "no it has to be will and liz" when i saw them get closer and closer i knew that about the wedding thing in the beginning HAD TO BE FAIT INTERVINING...stopping her and will to make a big mistake-and saving them from bitterness, heart break and other problems.
ok well im gonna try to get to the point asap cus i know u guys must be getting crossed eyed already from reading so much lol.
I know-we all do- that disney has always been about "happily ever after" Prince and princess finally get married-pretty boy and pretty gurl get together. Getting married to YOUR FIRST LOVE. BUT!! Disney also has a way of showing examples and LESSONS in life/love.
I think disney is trying to show us that our first love isnt always our only love. that sometimes u need to fall in love at first so u would know how it feels and how to return those feelings.

jessigem
they're not doing a very good job at teaching us that lesson if it took somebody this long to figure it out.
don't get me wrong, i love disney, but this movie is making us look WAY too deep into the whole meaning of EVERY SINGLE little detail in the movie. stupid disney.

Chiki Mina
Again i think disney is telling us that first love isnt always the only one, but u should always keep that person in ur heart and be grateful that he/she opened ur heart and showed u how to love. I think thats the situation with will and liz. Jack needed that feeling. to know how to love and he wanted to return him those feelings. Liz knows how to love (thanx to will) and shes trying to show jack what love is and how it feels. I think that liz will help WILL in potc3 but im too stupid right now to think how she could help him lol but i still think she would someway.

Im so sry for the long theory i had to post again cus it was too long im really sry!!! there may be spellings and typos and i appoligize for that too. Heres and advise: dont type w an empty stomach lol

Please tell me what u think im really interested in everyones opinion. I might be super duper wrong but thats what u guys are here for to give opinions!!

evilm0nki3
Hello! That's a nice lesson, first love isnt always who you end up with. Like your highschool gf or bf....

Liz is growing up now and going to Jack! haha And Will..will be doomed to a life of loneliness like the phantom haha j/k.. Ive never posted a theory because i dont have one. All I have is hopesmile (for jack and liz)

LovelyOne
I've actually totally put my finger on what is going to happen with the love triangle...but the posts are HUGE and i put them in another forum..basically its all down to what we see the dog do in the movie and where it ends up....

AND how pintel and rhaghetti are with it in the boat just before the cannibal island scene..the dog is Jack, Pintel is Liz..and Rhaghetti is Will..and it all points to Jack and Liz being together, Will and the MYSTERIOUS/SPRITUAL side of life will be joined..

jessigem
if the dog is jack, pintel is liz, and rhaghetti is will...
doesn't that mean WILL and LIZ end up together? the dog(jack) jumps out of the boat and pintel and rhaghetti(liz and will) are left together in the boat. right?

ivebeendepped43
this is off topic, but am i the only one that thinks that Liz and Jack's kiss (while being heartbreaking---to me)was a very sexy one? i mean, i wanna kill liz of course, i mean she kissed my man! but it was a very sexy encounter. im sry, you can get back on topic now, just wanted to share that.

jessigem
heck yes it was a sexy kiss. but it's still gross if you think about it because he's twice as old as her.

lovethemtigers
Originally posted by jessigem
heck yes it was a sexy kiss. but it's still gross if you think about it because he's twice as old as her.

Well, Keira didn't think it was gross....she actually thought it was great...Remember Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara - he was like 20 years older than her (in the movie, in real like Clark Gable was 13 years older than Vivian Lee) and no one thought it was gross for them to kiss....You have to remember...this is a movie set in the time period of the 17th Century - and it was not unusual for Women to marry/fall in love with men 20 years their senior...but on the other hand,....to me if I didn't know a thing about their ages...I would guess Liz to be about 23ish and Jack perhaps 32ish - so only about 10 years age gape....Anyways, Johnny Depp and Keira have such chemistry I didn't think it was gross at all - it is absolutely the sexiest, hottest Kiss I've ever seen in a movie , on tv - anywhere....especially the part where she moves back in for the second kiss but decides not to take it....HOTT

Chiki Mina
Shoo im 17 years old.. i dont care if johnny is 42 ill kiss him from head to toe lol. Its just johnny is so great not only physically but hes so sweet.
Its great to have chemistry w him.

sccch
I'm 15,think I care? NO!

Chiki Mina
Im a lil dissaopinted what johnny said that he should prob retired when he gets to 50 bc his looks will surely go away. well come one-first of all that guy could be 60 and he will still look damn good. But its not about the physical!!! its the way he is!! hes so talented and when he plays a character HE IS that character!! I would cry if he leaves cause johnny depp was my first hollywood crush when i was 5-and he still is!

ivebeendepped43
wow. im not even sure who my first one was! i had so many. but i agree! im only 13 but i would kiss him any time, any day,anywhere! dang hes fine! even when he turns 50 he better not quit! hes the best actor there is!

Chiki Mina
yea..*sigh* well..i think we got off topic here lol. but hey its johnny depp were talking about here lol

LovelyOne
if the dog is jack, pintel is liz, and rhaghetti is will...
doesn't that mean WILL and LIZ end up together? the dog(jack) jumps out of the boat and pintel and rhaghetti(liz and will) are left together in the boat. right?

noooo no no

Him jumping out of the boat there symbolises what he does later..he abandons his friends whist the kraken attacks..the way they are sitting in the boat just suggests the love triangle..since they are sitting in a triangle..

here I'll post the whole thing:

Jack resembles the dog, its keys and its bone in the films Smile
Jack=Dog
Keys= Jack's material possessions
Bone= Jack's temptation (love)..a bone is what a dog wants most in life..tempt a dog with a bone..

when we first meet the dog he is very set in his ways. he's not going to budge for ANYONE..he's not going to help to save anyone in the cell..they try to tempt him with a bone(what can REALLY make a dog happy))..he's still defiant "I don't want that!..try all you want..I may be a dog but I don't need that bone" all he cares about is himself and his keys,,,he's not going to show ANYONE love or "weakness"...

Jack says "you can do that all you want. that dog is NEVER going to move!"

later on the dog actually shows that it IS tempted by the bone ..when there's lots of people around he will be defiant and try to not let them see that "weakness" in its character.....but when its ONE ON ONE with someone..we see that the dog actually IS tempted to take the bone it creeps slowly and unsurley up to Jack..then Jack insults it and scares it off...meaning that Jack IS secretly tempted to embrace love but is AFRAID to let someone close to him incase he gets HURT by them..he runs away from it in life...We learn that in movie 1..jack IS afraid to let people close to him...because of that very reason..but he SECRETLY wants it in life..and its possible that he will embrace it..when he's one on one with someone..*cough* Liz movie 2 *cough*

He calls the dog "worthless, stinky, mangy mut" which is what jack secretly KNOWS he is without his possessions there to keep up the lie of "brave and fearless pirate" ...on the beach scene jack is completely revealed for what he is(he has his ship taken away, his hat, his RUM)..and we learn that he is man who lies about his escapes to create a legend..when in reality he is not so brave and he HATES for people to see it..we also learn that in times of danger Jack clings onto his possessions for safety.his rum was the LAST thing he had to cling onto to feel safe..and liz snatches it away..and he is TERRIFIED when she does..like a little fragile child who has his security blanket ripped away and burned....the dog ALMOST gives up the keys to jack but when it gets afraid by the door opening its runs the hell away and clings onto them..he'd rather stay safe with his keys instead of helping someone else..which is cowardly..So for doggie to be brave he needs to give up the keys..take the bone..which will mean he saved someone... ..For jack to REALLY embrace bravery and become the legend he needs to give up his possessions..take love..and then he will be brave for those he loves....

By movie 2..we see that the dog has had a HUGE turn around in character..we learn that he HAS decided to be friends with two people from prison..he's a good doggie..lovable scamp who does show care for people...BUT he still has those keys in his mouth..So Jack HAS shown that he cares for his friends (liz /Will) in his life but he still cant quite let go of those material possessions..they still make him feel safer in danger than people can...he still protects them and loves them as if they were his first born child..

The dog abandons his friends in the boat whilst the huge wave takes them under..still clutching those bloody keys...the dog is a coward who thought of his own safety and possessions in a time of danger..he left his friends to suffer..Jack does the exact same thing when the kraken attacks the pearl..he leaves Liz/Will more so Liz( the only one who sees him escape) to suffer whilst he selfishly saves his own skin..

BUT somewhere in the process of escaping in the water the dog LOSES the keys..this is where Jack realised what was more important to him in movie 2..material possessions are something he finally realises he can live without because he has LIZ and LOVE to give to her now..he's ready to embrace it..

The next time we see the dog do something he is no longer a coward....he wants to fight to protect his friends..he barks in the face of danger instead of running away from it..he wants to protect those he loves..Jack actually GOES BACK and and SAVES Elizabeth..from the kraken..and there is no denying that it was more for her than anyone else..that whole triumphant moment where he comes back was ALL about him assuring her he was there for her...it was all about her clinging to the her hero.

The dog is abandoned by his loved ones..Jack gets abandoned by Liz..

The dog sacrifices himself for their safety.he actually bravely stands his ground until the others are safely on the boat he does not follow..he makes SURE they all get away and then when they are all safe he leads the source of danger away from them...Just like Jack did with the kraken..

This is what makes me wonder if jack WOULD have stayed on the pearl anyway and fought the kraken whilst his friends escaped..even without Liz's "persuasion"... the fact she did this to him made him realise that he has won her over Will...and guess what we see the next time the dog is on the screen...lol :

After the credits we see that the dog is now sitting on Jack's old thrown like a triumphant king and GUESS what he's holding in his mouth now...the BONE...Jack is the champion over Liz!..he officially HAS her now..to himself..he has a new thing in his life to love, protect and feel safe with instead of his material objects..he let those keys go and accepted what he wanted most the Bone.. in Jacks case LOVE with another person..Elizabeth..she is now the most important thing in his life..

Now that he has accepted love in his life instead of material things it has ACTUALLY made him a braver person which is what he always WANTED to be but just wasn't..he needed the wakeup call to understand how to REALLY be what he wants to be..the way he was living his life was NOT the way to do it..he was living life selfishly and like a coward.......The dog decided to love people and protect them which was bravery at its finest...he can now call himself a king and hold the bone with pride..Jack can now call himself the great Captain Jack Sparrow and be proud to be the REAL DEAL ..because he accepted love and forgotten the material crap that was the LIE.... he has done amazing , brave things for the person he LOVES..and it was REAL...

But the doggie is still not safe..he is going to be EATEN..he needs to escape..just like Jack will in movie 3..he needs to escape his purgatory..

LovelyOne
So the message to Jack is..LOVING A PERSON is NOT a weakness...hiding behind material possessions IS..they don't make you stronger..they give you a false sense of strength but in the long run they just FAIL you..(JAR OF DIRT BIG WAKE UP CALL JACK) you can lie all you want but underneath all of that crap you are a pretty COWARDLY and WEAK man...you call yourself the great captain Jack sparrow but in reality you DONT live up to the legend.. you lie about your great escapes and you selfishly only care about yourself in times of danger and you STILL cling onto material objects to feel safe..as if they are the most important things in your life you have become too reliant on them to make you feel strong..they are all a lie to yourself and when someone takes that away from you you go into a state of panic because they can see you for what you REALLY are.... You cant seem to understand WHY they way you are living life is unsatisfying......UNTIL Elizabeth enters your life..as SOON as you embrace love for another person you TRANSFORM into someone who is amazingly BRAVE in times of danger and its all because you want to protect the person you love! NOW after doing all this stuff for the person you love you can call yourself a king with PRIDE..you ARE captain Jack Sparrow and you ARE worthy of the legend you are now everything you wanted to be..and its all because you fell in love with a girl and dropped the material possesions and selfish behaviour..

Chiki Mina
ok ok soo like in the first movie when he was captain of the black pearl, with barbossa his first mate and bootstrap were on board, Jack was a good man, a good captain. So right there brabossa knew that that was his weekness..so he used that to mutiny him. So jack was very hurt by this bc he knew that he was a good man a good captain and didnt deserve mutiny. But hey good guys STILL always win bc if it wasnt for jacks "good side" then he would've never got marooned in that island and he would've suffered that curse w barbossa and the rest of the crew.

But still Jack tries not to show his feelings too much and doesnt trust anyone now. Thats where liz shows up. Shes changing some how and making more open to himself and show that its never too late to do the right thing and to love.

So like about the Dog and Jack comparison, i understand COMPLETELY on what LovelyOne is trying to say. The dog holds on to his keys bc he knows that hes responsible for them and wants to hold on to them, when he sees the prisoners tempting him w the bone the dog is of course tempted but doesnt want to show weekness and knows that by showing weekness he may get hurt.SO WITH JACK he holds on to material things (hat, compass, etc) bc those are his effects and he needs to hold on to those things. But when he sees liz, he finds her tempting-not only physically but spritually as in like a soul mate. But doesnt want to show feelings bc he knows that thats his weekness and is afraid to get hurt.

Again what lovelyone said..at the end the dog gets bone/jack gets liz..now the dog has finally got his bone he needs to figure a way of getting out the cannibals island ALIVE so he could enjoy his bone for the rest of his life. With Jack, he finally won liz over so he now needs to figure out a way to get out of the kraken and also escape ALIVE so he could be w liz for the rest of his life. So dog/jack both have their reasons to live, for their love of their lifes.

willofthewisp
Okay, I'm probably running the risk of sounding very unpopular, but I've read the theories by now, and I have my own thoughts and wishes for what every bit in both movies mean. I haven't taken a film studies course, but I've had to take apart several novels and look for hidden meanings and symbols and there is a great Phantom of the Opera message board that has a hidden plot theory, so I don't think I'm a complete novice at analyzing (psych major, too).
Are all these theories things people noticed while they were watching the film, or are all these after-thoughts when you came out of the theater thinking "Oh man, Jack and Liz together would be so great"?
I am looking at both movies in a new light and have noticed how character-driven they are, and notice that certain characters (cough, Jack/Liz, cough) have more in common than other characters, but you can't base theories off of what you want to happen. I'm just wondering how much of this is more wishful thinking than actual analysis. Sorry.

LovelyOne
With me its actually by reading the script and watching certain moments again on youtube.. smile I know the in's and outs of the story now...

What i want is for Jack to be happy..and in the movies the source of his happiness is Liz..and I want him to gain her..just so Jack can be a winner..

If I thought I could see a will/Liz possibility I would mention it and discuss it..but i really cant find anything...when I do I will mention it though big grin

Jack of Blades
you know when i firs saw this topic i tought it was Walt Disney pants
Hmm and you guys got realy much time to think it all dont you?

jessigem
seriously. i don't think i could even read all that w/o passing out.

ivebeendepped43
me niether

Jack of Blades
history alert

jessigem
history?
history is boring no expression

ivebeendepped43
tell me about it!

Jack of Blades
Thats what i sayed History alert.Can you posible read all that without going away fading out or just becoming pissed couz you have to readit?

LovelyOne
seriously. i don't think i could even read all that w/o passing out.

then remain clueless as to what is really going on laughing out loud

ivebeendepped43
oh, what? i didnt catch that, i was fading out and/or becoming lol

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by LovelyOne
then remain clueless as to what is really going on laughing out loud
hey Hey Hey im the Prohphet here.No role stealing please

ivebeendepped43
rrriiigggghhhhttt!!!

Jack of Blades
Knowlege is power,Force is a Wepon,History is an Advantage

ivebeendepped43
and JOhnny is ssexxi

Jack of Blades
Knowlege of others is an advantage in confrotashion between you and Nemesis

ivebeendepped43
dotsand Johnny is Ssexxi!!!

Chiki Mina
ok this isnt star wars mr jedi. THIS IS PIRATES AND SEXY JOHNNY!!

Jack of Blades
And Obsession is dangerous Couz it cooud lead to anger of being dissapointed in the one you love.And here is what you must learn to understand it-Fear Leads To hate-Hate Leads to anger-Anger Leads to Vengence-Vengence Leads to the Dark Side

ivebeendepped43
and JOhnny=ssexxi

Jack of Blades
and your obssest

ivebeendepped43
am not!!!

Jack of Blades
Last feww minutes you only said Johhny is sexy(OBSSEST)You talk most of the time about johny(It goes longer)

Chiki Mina
fine i love johnny so what. if i like him its not bc of his loks but his talents. and hes a great father and friend.

ivebeendepped43
u spelled obsessed wrong! lol JOhnny

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
fine i love johnny so what. if i like him its not bc of his loks but his talents. and hes a great father and friend.
actualy i was talking about ivebeendepped43 but uhhh...

ivebeendepped43
i feel that way too! dont get me wrong! i dont only like him for his looks! im just stating my opinion! i agree, he is an awesome boyfriend and an exceptionally loving father, and the best most talented actor around and ever was around and ever will be around!

Chiki Mina
ok lets stop arguing over the internet its silly really. if ppl feel like talking crap about eachother or other actors then its best to shut up.

Jack of Blades
Well some people woud argue with you about that but he is a good actor and realy Unique

ivebeendepped43
were not arguing! were having a "creative discussion"

Jack of Blades
im not saying that anybody is arguing here.im just saying that other people(whic are not here) woud argue about him being the best actor in the world

ivebeendepped43
ya, thats true, but im right, they are wrong!

Jack of Blades
OBSSESD

ivebeendepped43
NOT!!!

Chiki Mina
hes ONE OF the best actors in the world

ivebeendepped43
one of?? how about THE BEST!

Jack of Blades
Originally posted by Chiki Mina
hes ONE OF the best actors in the world
That is more on the true Side

Chiki Mina
he is my favorite actor ever since i was 5 or 6. after him is keanu reeves will smith angelina jolie and others im too lazy too name..uh

Jack of Blades
Will smith is good too.Havent seen many keanu reeves movies Exept of course The Matrix all parts

ivebeendepped43
i havent seen any Keanu Reeves movies

Jack of Blades
But you have heard of the Matrix have you?

ivebeendepped43
duh!

Jack of Blades
uhh ok im going to sleep bye everybody

ivebeendepped43
cya

jessigem
you've never seen any keanu reeves movies?
YOU'VE NEVER SEEN SPEED?!
that's a great movie. he says f*** alot though. but it's funny in way.
like on one part this guy has to repeat everything he says into a walkie talkie....
Keanu:"F***!"
guy on bus:"oh darn"
lol you have to see it.

sccch
dots

evilm0nki3
Johnny Depp turned down the offer to do that moviesmile haha

jessigem
Speed?
if johnny was in it, it wouldn't have been the same.
keanu reeves and sandra bullock have chemistry on the camera, so if it was johnny and sandra......it just wouldn't be the same. erm

willofthewisp
If it were Johnny in Keanu's part, people would probably suspect he planted the bomb on that bus. Not that Johnny can't play a good, normal guy, but he has that suspicious air, you know?

CaptinJackLover
yeah i totally agree.

jessigem
yep.
plus, that was a very SERIOUS movie, and i don't think anything johnny depp does seems serious. it's always just funny to watch him.happy

LovelyOne
Here's what disney want:

The script writers for PotC have said that when writing a screenplay for a movie..they always have a teaser kiss just slap bang in the middle so it keeps everyone wondering...and then the real kiss happens at the end..

movie 1
Beginning: Liz starts off with Norrington..
Middle: teaser kiss Will/Liz possibility
End: They kiss at the end

movie 2
Beginning: She starts off with Will.
Middle: teaser kiss Liz/Jack possibility.
End: They Kiss at the end

If you take their rule and put it over the trilogy as a whole which is ONE BIG STORY..you can see what they are doing:
Movie 1: they have started with Will/Liz
Movie 2: teaser moment Jack/Liz possible relationship
Movie 3: Jack/Liz

jessigem
hmm....you must have like a 300 IQ to figure that out.
that's some pretty deep thought no expression

Chiki Mina
i think thats disney wants. u cann see and anilyze in the movie. question is if have they ever thought that it would hurt liz's character. to the audience it would prob show that shes a ****. but if u ANILYZE theres always a reason things happen. its showing us our first love isnt always our only love. and some how we shouldnt blame much on liz-but still she was being stupid denying her feelings.

^^[leane]
i think if she goes with jack, she will of crs be a *****

jessigem
that's what the viewers want.....

LovelyOne
Will will be a bastard if he selfishly wants to keep Liz whilst her heart belongs to another man laughing out loud

CaptinJackLover
yeah he would be. ands since he is supposed to be likea good guy then its definate that Jack/Liz will hapen big grin

jessigem
no expression

ivebeendepped43
Will is already a b****** and Elizabeth is a b**** so i think they're perfect 4 eachother

jessigem
wth?! will is not a b****!!!
why you gotta be so mean to him?

ivebeendepped43
i hate him cuz he is always rude to jack

Jack of Blades
Well jack aint no angel to you know angel_not

ivebeendepped43
yes, but at least hes ssexxi, and very clever!

Chiki Mina
there is such a thing as a "good" pirate. But not a saint pirate..:/

LovelyOne
Why be mean to liz? The poor woman was terrified and emotionaly confused when she did that to Jack..

Chiki Mina
We have to admit liz was an idiot to do that..but its hard for her right now..i have no idea why but some how i dont blame her. We have to give her a chance to learn from her mistake and shes paying it big time bc she cant deny her heart no longer

LovelyOne
her actually doing that made Jack SMILE..he wasnt angry laughing out loud

jessigem
and if liz really IS a b****, then she wouldn't be worried about jack or will or trying to choose between them. she would just use both of them and throw em away like rags.

LovelyOne
Jacks rag would be the dirtiest

Chiki Mina
i agree jessi..liz has like too much on her.
she has to be a lady w her dad
she has to be the common housewife
and she knows she has to be tough when it comes to situations that are hard.
I think Liz is trying to be more upperclass than the ppl of the upperclass
and shes trying to be more of a pirate than other pirates.
Wants to proove that she can be all those things...thats my guess

jessigem
why thank you(for agreeing)
i'm kinda nuetral on this though. i just put that because i feel bad that everyone is being so mean to the liz character when she hasn't really done anything wrong. i guess chaining jack was kinda wrong but she did it to save everyone else so it's right.

that's dirty. no expression

Chiki Mina
but see she wasnt exactly THINKING of everyonei mean the crew. she was thinking mostly about her and the relationship w will. Because davy jones wanted to "BRING HIS BELOVED PEARL BACK TO THE DEPTHS" so whoever was in the pearl well gets swallowed by the kraken. but davy wasnt specifically after jack at that moment. he just wanted to swallow the pearl and whoever was in it.
and the kraken attacked TWICE! while jack escaped. the kraken wasnt after jack it was after the pearl bc davy brought it back to jack now his bringin it down again. Jones rather get jack himself cus i think its personal...so liz knows, shes rather smart....again its just me guessing, just an opinion

jessigem
ok fine. maybe she did do something wrong.
but my point is that she isn't evil enough to be called a b****

Chiki Mina
ur right! they shouldnt insult liz! i mean right now shes paying the price for leaving her love and then trying to deny that she was sorry. and of course she was sorry. i think ppl are just really jelous sometimes..

jessigem
yeah. it's probably the jealousy.big grin
lol this is probably the most intelligent convo i've had on here EVER. how sad.

Chiki Mina
lol we can still make it last

jessigem
big grin
maybe......but i don't have anything else to say about it.....
oh yeah i do. i don't get why will was called a b**** along with keira. for one, he's a guy and therefore a son of a b****. and he hasn't done anything REALLY BAD...yet.

Chiki Mina
i know again....ppl are just jelous. its different when u envy-me for instance i envy keira cus shes beautiful, talented and gets to kiss johnny depp and orlando bloom!! but i have no right calling her a *****

Chiki Mina
dont pay attention of what im doing im just testing something

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_100151_6k.gif

Chiki Mina
yayy!! it worked
BUT HOW CAN I MAKE MY SIGNATURES BIGGER?? sad

willofthewisp
It's like what I said earlier. She generally acts very nobly and is pretty brave. I think she's a little disillusioned with the pirate life by the end of the second movie, so I think she really wants adventure and freedom, not necessarily to be a pirate. She makes a couple of mistakes, but everyone does in these movies! They've all slipped up at least once. Cut Liz some slack. If we were all living back then and during that time, we probably wouldn't think to do half the stuff she can do.

*jcd*gmc*
it would really stink if will and liz get together, but unfortunately, they sorta have to-cuz u just know they will sad

diddly-dum
I want them to!

Chiki Mina
i just want each character to be happy.

LovelyOne
yeh almost everyone wants Jack/Liz but they aren't getting their hopes up too high..because Disney might squash them..

Disney..If you are reading this..I'm going to ask you a question. WHY did you decide to wet everyones appetites with a whole movie dedicated to a possible Jack/Liz relationship and then end the trilogy the "safe and boring way"? That kind of ending will most certainly please the old grannys who have heart problems... but please..listen to my wise words laughing out loud : It WONT please the new audience you have attracted if you end it like that

THE MAJORITY OF THE AUDIENCE AREN'T OLD GRANNIES ANYMORE! ..GIVE US SOMETHING SHOCKING AND NEW PLEASE try not to BORE us to death with your typical "safe" endings..

It's like teasing a starving child with delicious and exotic food and then saying..NO YOU will have to stick with eating DUST! (will/Liz) so SORRY!.

Will Liz??? That relationship is as dead and as boring as watching paint dry..

......................laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
well hopefully disney wakes up a lil and notice that the mayority of the fans wants jack and liz..i dont think disney will dissapoint them...so lets try to keep our hopes up high

diddly-dum
Then they will squash all the fans that want will and Liz to be together!!!

LovelyOne
yes which is hardly anyone..its just a few fangirls of Orlando Bloom..Johhny Depp is what makes the movie..he is the leading character..he's not going to lose the leading lady to the support actor laughing out loud he did in the first one because he was a risky character to add..and they didn't know how the audience would take him..Disney now know that he IS what makes the movies what they are..so what is going to be the more memorable ending Jack getting the girl..or Will getting the girl?..

The kiss at the end of movie 2 was THE single most watched, talked about and high rated PotC clip on youtube.com before it was removed.

I searched the Will and Liz kiss for both movies..and there was NOTHING they were never even added on there because they are booorriiinnngg laughing out loud..no one CARES about boring Will/Liz...why eat DUST when you can eat CHOCOLATE? its much more exciting than eating something as dead and as boring as Dust (Will/Liz relationship) laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
lol well i mean there could br reasons why destiny wants to unite liz and jack
they're both last names ends up w bird swann/sparrow
they both wanted a taste of eachother
they both ended up doing exactly what they wanted to end up

i have said this many times i really hope will could find a gurl whose in trouble or something, rescues her, and falls in love. despite of everything and support jack/liz..i feel so awefully bad for will

LovelyOne
I dont..I have a feeling he is going to turn into a bitter and horrible character in movie 3...he's turning into someone quite selfish to be honest..he is going to totally stab Elizabeth at the beginning of movie 3..he lied to her at the end of movie 2 when he said he wanted to get Jack back from the dead..he's lying..he did that because he wants the pearl to rescue his dad..he actually betrays Jack when he first sees him in movie 3..

He saw Liz kissing Jack and it was HER kissing him not the other way round..he is probabyly going to think that Jack can never love her..when its obvious that he can..he's selfishly trying to stop Liz and Jack having what they want most in life...

this is what makes me think he will go so over the edge with trying to stop the relationship that he might even Kill liz..

I have a feeling he's going to stab the heart after getting pissed off with Davy saying he's just like him. "I'll never be like you!"

and he'll probably stab Liz for the same reason after seeing him choose Jack or something.. "I'm not going to let you do this to me!"

Or stabbing the heart means he is going to do something that will hurt her big time..It's going to be Will who stabs the heart..IMO..he is the most intent on actually stabbing it..Jack doesn't really need to as much as he did in movie 2..he's already killed the kraken remember?

Which brings me back to Tia..who probably planned for Jack to kill the kraken so he would have less reason to be selfish in movie 3..so It's going to be Will who is the most selfish person in movie 3 now..Liz has already done her selfish act..Its all Will's territory now..

Chiki Mina
i can tell liz is just fed up. her first fiance (norrington) wanted her to be his wife- a common house wife to raise his kids and live in the upperclass life. she didnt want that and i guess his looks, to her, didnt help either. With Will well he was more of her age and is more handsome. he won her heart over in the first movie since he risked alot to save her and she thinks that its the right thing to love him back like return the favor. now marrying will doesnt change anything from norrington. she'll be a housewife, raise kids, cook dinner, and live a normal life. Jack, on the other hand, offers her freedom, that is if she wants to. hes not really forcing her to go with him. so his giving her the freedom to choose really but he knows she wants him. will is like u have to choose me im the only person who could love u. so shes feeling rushed.
norri and will wants elizabeth all to them selves to stay at home. liz is not exactly flattered that they fight for her, jack is more mature about it and his more the 'talk' person then physical. so liz likes this mature side of him.
Theres no doubt jack wants liz or that he fell in love with her. but he doesnt want to push her. though it pisses him off that shes denying that she loves him and he basically won her heart so now what he has to do is knock some sense into liz.

diddly-dum
Originally posted by LovelyOne
yes which is hardly anyone..its just a few fangirls of Orlando Bloom..Johhny Depp is what makes the movie..he is the leading character..he's not going to lose the leading lady to the support actor laughing out loud he did in the first one because he was a risky character to add..and they didn't know how the audience would take him..Disney now know that he IS what makes the movies what they are..so what is going to be the more memorable ending Jack getting the girl..or Will getting the girl?..

The kiss at the end of movie 2 was THE single most watched, talked about and high rated PotC clip on youtube.com before it was removed.

I searched the Will and Liz kiss for both movies..and there was NOTHING they were never even added on there because they are booorriiinnngg laughing out loud..no one CARES about boring Will/Liz...why eat DUST when you can eat CHOCOLATE? its much more exciting than eating something as dead and as boring as Dust (Will/Liz relationship) laughing out loud
There are more ppl than you know that WANT it to be Will and Liz

LovelyOne
I agree with you...Liz makes every move on Jack. Except the persuade me scene..well technically she did make the first move there..Jack just totally whooped her at the battle of wits.. Jack lets her be in control..even when she kisses him..Its all her decisions...and I think thats what she loves about Jack...he even lets her decide if she wants to chain him up...he hears the gingle of the chain, stops kissing her..and just waits. She eventually does it and he smiles....I think she is so attracted to Jack because of the freedom he gives her..

Notice how when Will kisses her in both movies she just waits anmd expects him to be the one who kisse her..it wasn't the other way around..with Jack..it was ALL her own doing.

See Jack gives her a balance..with Will she wants him to protect her when she needs it most..but he just cant seem to do it..so she lets them be the bold ones when they kiss her..but With Jack...HE protects her when she needs it most ...so she feels she can be bold him when it comes to other things..if that makes sense..It's a well balanced thing..

Chiki Mina
yea balance. exactly jack doesnt tip the balace. he lets her do mostly what she wants. when it comes the time to flirt he'll do it, but when it comes the time to protect liz he WILL do it.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by diddly-dum
There are more ppl than you know that WANT it to be Will and Liz

Yes the Orlando fan girls on the Orlando message boards laughing out loud..and the very sensitive people who don't like bold changes and new things in movies..they like things to feel "safe" and familiar with what they see...The PotC films are so popular because they don't follow the typical "safe" guidelines..for example.. creating a little character called Jack Sparrow.

If it was REALLY a lot of people who loved the Will/Liz thing more. then the Directors/writers of PotC wouldn't have felt so pressurized to add the whole Jack/Liz aspect into the movies...People wanted to see more..and they have left STILL wanting to see more thats why the kiss is one of the most popular moments in the trilogy so far. smile

Chiki Mina
it would be stupid to write and act the kiss scene w liz and jack then end up in like the first movie..i mean each character has to change in each movie. new challenges internally and externally..new love new feelings. it would be just borring if it would be liz and will..again. all that curiosity scene , all that flirting, and the kiss for nothing...really it would be a waste of time, our time, and money.

Jacky Sparrow
yeah. i think they must have realized it, that most of the people like it because of the kiss. i loved those scenes with jack and liz, and it's the reason why i went 4 times in it. big grin

LovelyOne
the Jack/Liz kiss was incredibly intense and passionate.. MUCH hotter and sexier than anything we have EVER seen her do with Will in BOTH movies put together..

They have deliberately made Jack/Liz seem much, MUCH sexier and intense than Will/Liz EVER was..

I think that this is a deliberate ploy by the film makers to MAKE people ACCEPT a Liz/Jack relationship in the long run It's made to be more interesting to the audience than Will/Liz

Its just MUCH HOTTER than Will/ Liz..I'm sorry..I don't mean that in a form of opinion. I mean it as a fact..that kiss with him was incredibly... INCREDIBLY, rough, passionate and sexy...the kisses with Will in both movies are VERY, VERY flat and lack any form of intensity at all...Just like the relationship...the movie makers are KEEPING IT FLAT AND BORING between Will and Liz..if they wanted there to be any hope between the two..why did they make their on screen chemistry completley fizzle out by movie 2?... There was NO kiss from Will at the begining when they were together..it was BORING onscreen time with those two..I was like.."OK just leave already will you are taking TOO LONG!"..The Kiss he gives her at the end..was BORING!...and flat..and....*falls asleep*

*wakes up*
You look at Liz and Jack together..they are like animals for gods sake..what is the audience going to want more of? That kind of chemistry on screen or boring flat and barley existant chemistry with Will?

Chiki Mina
thing is!! OPPOSITES ATTRACT. they both want a taste of eachother! her innocence and his freedom, enigma. shes untouched by men and shes not the easy type. this attracts jack alot. hes used to be with women who are easy and willing to do ANYTHING for a good time and money. all gurls melt for jack and give in easily. elizabeth is the type that she holds her ground and plays hard to get.

willofthewisp
You know, what if it is because Liz and Jack have more chemistry that the writers decide not to put them together? Like a way to throw us off? They know we'll complain about it and yet love the fact that Captain Jack is still "ours" and it will just create more publicity.
If anyone here is a Phantom of the Opera fan, I can only think of a handful of phans (myself included) that think Christine and Raoul is the best pairing. Everyone else on the planet wants her to go with the Phantom. But she never does.
Batman never settles down either, no matter how much chemistry he has with a girl/heroine/villainess.

Chiki Mina
but those are not disney..pg-13 or not this movie is still disney. i dont think its gonna be a regular shakesspear sad kind of ending

willofthewisp
Crimson Tide is Disney and it's about as anti-Disney as you can get. Disney doesn't have the same kind of standards for their live action as they do for their animated movies. They're behind Pretty Woman too, which, even though it has a fairy tale ending, is about a prostitute. Crimson Tide also doesn't have a "Disney" ending, and lots of beloved characters still die. If they can kill Mufasa, no one is safe. no

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
You know, what if it is because Liz and Jack have more chemistry that the writers decide not to put them together? Like a way to throw us off? They know we'll complain about it and yet love the fact that Captain Jack is still "ours" and it will just create more publicity.
If anyone here is a Phantom of the Opera fan, I can only think of a handful of phans (myself included) that think Christine and Raoul is the best pairing. Everyone else on the planet wants her to go with the Phantom. But she never does.
Batman never settles down either, no matter how much chemistry he has with a girl/heroine/villainess.

Well think about it..they want to please the audience in the end..they have seen incredibly passionate and sexy moments between Jack and Liz..something that will/Liz has never provided..if she goes back to that kind of "aww so cutsie putise" chemistry, Its satisfying for a while but then its like "oh god sickening!"..they want intensity, heat and passion when it comes to on screen romances...not crappy flat kisses that are on borderline of being uncomfortable..they seriously look like brother and sister kissing on screen..it just looks so awkward..and wrong IMO

See that Kiss basically stole the show in movie 2..it is the single most talked about moment of the trilogy so far..Its what people love..because it was everyones favorite character getting some good full on action....I mean that Kiss has closed movie 2 on a massive high and it has sealed the deal for movie 3. People are now gagging to see the next movie..

.Imagine what a Jack/Liz end up will do to the last of the Trilogy..It would be the only thing that could actually TOP the KISS from movie 2 the ending of the trilogy has to be the most satisfying ending of the lot..and if the Jack/Liz kiss is the best so far..a Will/Liz end up just Isn't gonna top the endng of movie 2. No way no how..because the Jack/Liz kiss ending has TOTALLY beat out the Will Liz end up of movie 1..

lovethemtigers
Yeah it's hard to say what Disney will do.....It's hard to believe that there are actually people out there that still want Liz and Will to be together I just can't see it....it is such a boring, boring relationship...there is no chemistry between Keira and Orlando on screen at at...ZERO....now with Johnny....it flames all over the place...every scene they are together...there is such a pull between them...it has the audience sitting on the end of their seats....even in POTC 1...the scenes between Jack And LIz were more interesting than any scene she had with POOR OLD WILL....

Come on Disney don't let us down....I don't see how they could ignore this chemistry

LovelyOne
from what I see..most people are up for Jack ending up with Liz..its what he wants...so what ever Jack wants the audience want Jack to have..even if Will as a character gets screwed over in the process. It doesn't really matter..

Will is not the money of the film..Jack is the money of the film..So Will not getting what he wants in the long run is less hurtful to the movie maker's wallets than Jack not getting what he wants in the long run.

Honestly..the Jack Liz t ending of movie 2 has completely outdone its predecessor's "Will/Liz ending"..and its not even a confirming ending..its a teaser ending..The only thing that can out do that kiss is a Jack/Liz end up..A will/ Liz ending?..I'm sorry I just cant see how that will top the ending of movie 2. The Ending of movie 2 has created such a buzz..the only way to create an ending that will top it is if He actually gets her..He doesn't quite have her yet..

That is what people want to know..is their favorite character going to get what he wants most in the next movie?

I for one am not wondering.."oh is Will going to get his beloved back?"..I could give a shit if he doesn't..Jack getting what he wants is more important to me than Will getting what he wants..

CaptinJackLover
yeah thats soo true...if its a will/liz ending. then the fans wont be as satisfies with it.

sccch
I would hate it if Disney was just playing a mind trick on us!

CaptinJackLover
that would just be mean if they were....they will see if they put liz/will 2gether then nobody will be hsppy with them. People wont be going back to see it over and over again like the 2nd one. they will realize they made a big mistake, and thats all there fault. so hopefully they are smart and will put liz/jack together

sccch
yes

LovelyOne
More people are going to buy the last movie on DVD if the ending was incredibly satisfying (Jack wins out)..the only reason the majority of the audience watch it in the cinema or buy the movie on DVD is because of Jack Sparrow..

Are more people going to buy the movie if they knew Jack Sparrow lost out to Will Turner? I honestly dont think so.

Are more people going to buy the movie on DVD if Jack had to settle for someone other than the leading Lady? I dont think so..

the Writers know they need to think firstly about hooking people back for movie 3..so they need to add in a Teaser jack/Liz thing. And they know that by the end of movie 3, that they need to make people buy the DVD afterward..and people are not going to buy it if they know Jack's story ends on a downer..even him "doing the right thing" and stepping away from Liz is a DOWNER!! It means Jack sparrow lost out to someone else in the long run...and is that going to make people buy the DVD? NO its not...

LovelyOne
Thats why they ended move 2 with Jack SMILING as he was betrayed..he was TOTALLY..happy with what Liz was doing to him He was ready to face the kraken because of that..THAT is going to make people buy the DVD when it comes out because it didn't end up on a downer..Jack died happy.. Jack died knowing that he has a chance with what he wants most: Elizabeth. This is not a downer ending becuase we know Jack is coming back and he has a chance with Liz. We know that he is coming back..so thats why they put that enfing in the middle of the trilogy..

If that doing the noble thing ending was the ending to the Trilogy as a whole..it would be a downer for sure. Knowing that Jack lost out completley but went down fighting doing the right thing. If you guys knew that movie 2 was the last in the franchise..would you buy it? Knowing that your fave character dies doing the right thing?

Its just the same as him giving up Liz to do the right thing in the end of movie 3..its very unsatisfying.

Chiki Mina
he smiled because he knew that he won liz. he won the war against will to steal elizabeths heart. now jack has to face another war, other than davy/kraken/beckett, his other war is to make liz relize her feelings and to stop being in denial. knock some sense to the poor dummy girl

lovethemtigers
I agree with everything ya'll are saying....I mean...I will go to see POTC 3 regardless so I can see Johnny D and Jack Sparrow...but it will be much more enjoyable if he ends up with Liz....that's what makes POTC 2 so intriguing to me...all the scenes between Jack and Liz...I could care less about Will....

Now tell me, don't you guys just love the scene "You smell funny" when he tells Liz about the davy jones' chest...I love it when Norrington says, "you don't actually believe him?" the way Jack eyes her...love that look he gives her...and she gets that little shy smile look on her face and says "how do we find it?'' then Jack says "with this, my compass.....then when she asks him what does it point to....he says "it points to the thing you want most in this world" just look at his face and the way he glances downward indicating, IMO, that he wants her......watch it....on youtube....DMC Clip. You Smell Funny by Lizzie 901

LovelyOne
Yes I agree with you^

What I dont want Disney to do is make that kind of ending happen again in movie 3...its going to upset the audience if they do..I mean sure..Liz actually robbed Jack of deciding to do it himself(or did she? I think he was going to stay anyway..her doing that to him just made him die knowing he wins her over)..

but are people going to really want to see Jack end up losing what makes him happy to do the right thing for everyone else?..I mean the endng of movie 2 upset a lot of people..the only reason people are going to buy the DVD/watch the next movie is becaue we KNOW are going to see Jack come back and possibly gain Liz.

In my opinion the main audience dont want to see Jack end like that again..where he does the right thing for everyone else..even if it makes him happy..it wont make us happy..it was SAD when he ended like that. Even though he had accepted doing it and He was happy..the audience were feeling SAD..and its not even the end of the trilogy yet!.. People wont want to see the trilogy end like that I can bet you..it will affect the DVD sales if the trilogy ends where Jack does something similar to that..It was wise to put that in the middle because there would be nothing to fall back on if they ended movie 3 like that..

That act made us proud of him..but it leaves an emptiness inside doesn't it?..I cant imagine how I would feel if something like that happened at the end of the trilogy..where Jack gives up Liz to be the better man..sure it would be the right thing..but its a really horrible empty ending..where Jack loses..and loses for good....even if it makes him happy..it still upsets the audience as a whole..and movie 2 should be the warning to the writers not to do that again..because they cant fall back on anything if they do..it could totally screw up the DVD sales of movie 3.

LovelyOne
Oh god. I can imagine..I can IMAGINE Disney killing him off at the end of movie 3..and then have like a zoom forward in time where people sitting round a campfire telling stories of the great captain Jack sparrow who dies for the woman he loved or what ever..sure its a nice ending but it is one MOTHER of an empty ending..where I feel like crying my eyes out..and not wanting to buy the DVD..to see my fave man die on screen..

During the draft script Jack goes on and on about all the legends of the word dissapearing and how sad it makes him feel..what if he chooses to die to save everyone..but this time he does it for real without someone "making him do it"...in the end he would ultimatley gain what he yearns for "legendary status" as people talk about him rounf a campfire or whatever..

I always found it strangely overshadowing and rather horrible to look at the skull and cross bones on the posters...it's actually Jack's skull sad..........It has his bandana on..

Chiki Mina
omg lovelyone dont say such things! LOL i just read that comment and my eyes watered lol. u could imagine but u cant say it will happen!! jack sparrow will live forever smile about the jack skull thing yea i figured it was his skull but i have a feeling its not foreshadowing sweety. im not saying ur crazy or ur making it up but its just a feeling. its just there as a wat..desing...something but not foreshadowing stick out tongue

LovelyOne
Lol I didn't like looking at the poster..its weird and it freaks me out..cuz its Jack's dead skull laughing out loud

I was thinking..Jack WOULD live forever though.. if he does something so amazing that he becomes worthy of being the legend he boasts to be..his story would live on..and what if Disney do that? where we actually see on screen that his story lives on after he dies doing something so amazingly brave for everyone else?..NOW I'm getting worried..I'm sorry for putting a downer on everything..

OMG see disney LOOK that ending would make us DEPRESSED..DONT DO IT! its a DOWNER!! it will screw up your DVD sales!

Chiki Mina
hopefully disney wont dissapoint us. if they do then we'll sue them lol. but u know its all about destiny...jack and liz for meant to HELP eacohter guide eachother. each wants them to become a side that its hidden from the world. only they both know what they want..and jack sees a side of liz hidden from the world and so does liz. its really a bond they both have.

LovelyOne
THAT IS SO TRUE!!! You are so right. You dont see Jack do that for anyone else(facing death for someone else).he only did that because it was the woman he loves...He does it because he knows its what she wants of him...and he cares about what she wants And you dont see LIz behave like that for anyone but Jack..becuase she knows its what he wants of her...they want to make eachother happy by being the right thing for eachother..

but him doing that is what she loves most..so I hope he wont do it again quite so literally in the future..as in die and stay dead after protecting her

I think that as soon as she realizes he actually escaped and killed the kraken for her and everyone even AFTER she chained him up to stop him..Will be all she needs from him in that respect..she will know that Jack cares for her even when she has "betrayed him" like that..he will always fight for her no matter how much she screws him over laughing out loud..and she will always be his little pirate no matter how much he changes for her..

In both movies the only time I have seen Jack literally put his own life on the line for someone else is with Elizabeth..even when he first sees her he does it...jumping in and saing Liz meant that he would draw the attention of the gaurds to him..and he would face the Gallows once caught..but he saved her..

Chiki Mina
exactly!^^ they both wants to satisfy their needs and eachothers. they are tired that the world and society make them look bad. Pirates good or evil are people too. instead of judging them who they are u must really go into their past of WHY they chose that life. One of the reasons for jack was that he prob wasnt loved as a child and people were using him (EITC) and he just had w society making him a person he doesnt want to be. Liz is also tired. she loves her father dearly and understand that he only wants the best for her but she wasnts to be ELIZABETH the gurl with freedom. shes tired of society trying to make her 'o so perfect'. and jack knows it!! but liz yets denies it!! she wants to be free but shes afraid to take that step..

LovelyOne
EXACTLY I agree with you!

I have always thought that Jack was never loved..and In liz he has actually found the person to love and be loved by...Its what he wants and has always wanted since he was a child..and With Liz she has always wanted to be with a pirate and Live that kind of life..and Jack is the kind of pirate who is perfect for her..one that can actually LOVE her..unlike the other ones like Barbossa or pintel..Jack is like the perfect pirate for her...and that is what she is so afraid of..

Apparently Liz's father is murdered in movie 3 so all the ties to Liz's old life are slowly being cut..It's only will now..and he's the one who stabs the heart I bet..so what is he going to do to Liz that makes her leave him forever?

See now this is what interests me. The Chest is Liz right..on the beach when all men are figting over it..ragetti and Pintell are staring at Liz and everyone fighting and they recap on what each mans feelings are for Liz..

Norrington wants it/her to try and regain his own reputation.

Jack wants it/her to SAVE HIMSELF! The man he is..is a shell of a man..he needs someone in his life to save himself from remaining lonley and stuck with possessions etc..

Will? He wants to stab the heart to save his father...meaning he would CHOOSE to save his dad instead of having HAVE LIZ IN HIS LIFE..he will discard the chest/Liz in an instant if it meant saving his dad..

Will's dream before he even met Elizabeth was to be with his father..

LovelyOne
BUT that whole ragetti/pintel review on the situation might just resemble how all the characters were feeling at THAT very moment when it comes to Liz..because Ragetti actually says "Jack wants to trade it to save himself" Which he probably would have done before he realized how important she is to him..

..but then saying "he wants to trade it to save himself" means in less words that he wants to "USE it to save himself" which is just the same as Jack wanting her in his life to save himself.

It's all very confusing with the heart/Liz laughing out loud

Chiki Mina
exactly!!^^ score again! Wills dream ever since he was a lad was to find his father..but liz kind of got in the way and well duh of course he fell in love. now that he finally found his father his willing to do anything to get his father ANYTHING. including kill anybody who stands in his away between him and his father and LIZ. he wants his dad and liz all at once. problem is that will is too concentrated w his father, and gets a lil out of control and starts fighting and being agressive. norrie wants his life back PERIOD. Jack just wants to save his skin like u were saying miss lovelyone. and everything is right with the chest/liz.
What liz likes about jack is that he, instead of using violence, he talks. He negotiates, he is very smart. He knows how to persuade people and knows how to talk to them-a deal that they cant resist. if he was a buisness man he would probably be the richest in the world.
And i think liz admires taht from jack. That hes a pirate but yet different from other pirates... hes just Jack and hes perfect for her..thats what freaks her out.

willofthewisp
He is perfect for her. So perfect in fact, that it bothers me. The writers can do anything they want, which includes chickening out and doing something horrible like killing Liz or Jack or having Jack remain the eternal bachelor/unattached guy. I want them to be together, but none of the clues say they will stay together.
Writers typically don't care too much about public opinion. Everyone wanted Louisa May Alcott to put Jo with Laurie, but she didn't listen to them. She wanted Jo to stay single, but she compromised and gave her Frederick, which, unless you've seen the incredibly sexy Frederick in the newer movie, is disappointing. Disney, since about 1995 when Pocahontas came out and a wave of more adult, more controversial movies were being made, they started breaking their own rules, and with the indirect backlash they got from the Shrek movies, they may not give us the happy ending with Jack and Liz. I want it, you want it, we all want it, but I'm not convinced it will go down that way.

LovelyOne
No way lol..If batman loses the girl..people are pissed..If superman loses the girl..people are pissed If James bond doesnt get his girl people are pissed..if Jack sparrow loses the girl..people are pissed. If thats the last in the trilogy and Jack loses her..people will be pissed

LovelyOne
I cant see Disney deliberatley messing up the sales of the PotC 3 dvd..so the ending will have to be satisfying where Jack wins out..If Jack loses its a downer

..If Movie 2 was the last in the trilogy..and i knew that Jack dies at the end of it doing the right thing(giving up something to do the right thing)...I wont want to see it again..its too upsseting and its a horrible empty feeling thats left inside..Jack sparrow is the money of the movie..keep the money happy and the producers pockets buldge.

Make the money die/leave happy but without what he wants..then people wont buy the movie on DVD..cuz we know Jack lost out..and its going to upset people.

they put that moment in the middle because the audience know that he is going to come back and get what he wants. If they put that that tkind of ending in the last of the trilogy it would be a very big mistake in my opinion.

willofthewisp
It would be a mistake, but Disney is infamous for its mistakes and flaws just as much for its successes and masterpieces. All I'm saying is that I don't have faith in the writers giving us what we want. That's not saying Jack/Liz isn't going on because it clearly is and is the better, more satisfying pairing.

LovelyOne
Originally posted by willofthewisp
It would be a mistake, but Disney is infamous for its mistakes and flaws just as much for its successes and masterpieces. All I'm saying is that I don't have faith in the writers giving us what we want. That's not saying Jack/Liz isn't going on because it clearly is and is the better, more satisfying pairing.

they know not to do it at the end..thats why they put it in the middle..they can see how the audience react to it.

LovelyOne
My question:

Why push Liz into marriage when its obviously not what she wants in life? She would probably leave Will in an instant..she cant live that way..she has crossed a line that Jack now loves.

Honestly. I think that right now people are thinking they would rather see her with Will..but I have a very strong feeling the audiences views of him will switch around completley by movie 3. When it comes to who is more wothy of Elizabeth, Will is going to be the one who is least worthy. He's probably going to do something very, very dishonest to Liz and he wont be worthy of her. At all..Its his turn to be the disliked character..and it is VERY, VERY overdue..the only way for him to redeem himself would be by giving Liz over to Jack to be the better man.

all Jack wants to do with the heart is KEEP IT AWAY from danger..Jack doesn't want to stab the heart..he might use it as leverage once in a while but he always knows before he does something that he is GOING to get that person back...he just needs to learn to stop doing that to liz in movie 3..and trust me he WILL learn this..There are hints at the end of movie 2 that cross over to what happens to Liz early in movie 3..and Jack is going to get a wakeup call to STOP doing that to Liz becuase he loves her. (jar of dirt)

All Will wants to do with the heart is stab it to save his dad...meaning that he will PROBABLY drop Liz in an instant to save his dad..he is going to do something to her that she will never be able to forgive in movie 3. He's already starting to push Liz's thoughts and feelings aside to concentrate on his dad..he thinks he can have both things..but its clear he wants his father more. he is LOSING Elizabeth..because his dad is what is more important to him...and its going to remain like that I think.

Norrington just wants the heart to save his reputation.

Chiki Mina
phew i just got here from the university and theres like 50 new posts damn!
anyways back to the subject. I also have a question, wowo thats new.
In the hut w tia dalma, when they were having thier drinks and talking about jack. Will kind of glanced at liz and thats when he started saying "if there was anything that we could do to bring him back.." he looked at liz who was completely covered in tears and said "elizabeth"-thats where tia dalma interrupts. But why did he mention her name right after he said if there was anything that we could do to asve jack...??? it maybe doesnt mean anything..but i dunno..

naveed
On a website on Crossing-blades, there is a rumour that Jack in fact...

ENDING SPOILER:

The ending goes with Jack arm in arm with Scarlet and Giselle... so disappointing... (I'd do the highlight spoiler thing but I don't quite know how to do it...)

Jacky Sparrow
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooo

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>